NATION

PASSWORD

[NSGS] New Democrats HQ

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
New Democrats
Civilian

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

[NSGS] New Democrats HQ

Postby New Democrats » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Nuevos Demócratas
Idealists Without Illusions
Idealism without pragmatism is impotent. Pragmatism without idealism is meaningless. The key to effective leadership is pragmatic idealism. The choice we offer is not conservative or liberal. In many ways it's not even Right or Left. It's different. It's new. And it will work.

THE NEW DEMOCRATS are a party of moderate and reasonable centrism, of idealism without illusions, with commitment to reform. We are pragmatists and realists, wanting what is best for our country by delivering a strong, fair, and just economy and society. Our nation can no longer be held back by the ideological shackles of the past, and must embrace a new, modern politics that can work in the world of today and tomorrow. The New Democrats are committed to making this change, and we hope that you join us to help deliver it.

Party Platform
SOCIAL POLICY
At our heart, the New Democrats are committed to humanism. We take the side of people and make our social decisions based on reason, empathy, and a concern for life. We believe that life can be given meaning not simply through bring happiness to our own lives, but also by seeking it for those around us. Our social policies reflect our views not just on traditional debates but also on how we see the world around us and the people that live in it.

The New Democrats do not question a woman's right to a safe and free abortion. However, we respect the views of those who believe that an unborn baby should not be terminated up to the point of viability, and so hold that view that 24 weeks is the absolute maximum abortions should be restricted to. Past this point, the matter is a free vote.

We respect the positive role that religion can play in modern life and firmly believe that nobody should be persecuted based on their religious beliefs. All members of Calaverdan society should be free to practice their religion peacefully in a way which does not harm the rights of others. The New Democrats believe that in order to ensure all religious people are treated equally, we must lead by example in government. Therefore, Calaverde must remain a peaceful secular state where religion is free to play a role in peoples' lives, but is not forced upon them.

As part of our belief in equality, we stand firm on the matter of LGBT rights. Members of the gay community have and still do face discrimination and persecution across the world, but we stand arm and arm with every Calaverdan in our faith in equality and democracy to protect the values that make us a humane and fair society.

ECONOMIC POLICY
The New Democrats support a strong, open economy that serves the public interest. Taking ideas from both the left and the right, the New Democrats support market-based solutions to social problems, favouring a free and flexible market economy coupled with a strong and secure social safety net.

The New Democrats propose concentrating public funding on key pro-growth, anti-poverty services for the prosperity and equality of Calaverde, and support a broadening of the tax base to encourage innovation and efficiency. Aware of Calaverde's economic and financial position in the world, the New Democrats are sceptical on running large deficits, unless for the purpose of stabilising the country's economy.

We believe that the market and economic prosperity can play a key role in solving issues surrounding poverty and those less privileged in our society, but the traditional belief that they alone are the solution to poverty is outdated and out of touch. The New Democrats believe in a strong social security net that provides an incentive for work while guaranteeing a fair and stable income for hard working Calaverdeans.

LAW & ORDER
The New Democrats realise that crime is a result of a wide variety of important factors, but believe that this does not excuse the behaviour of criminals. The New Democrats adopt a policy that is both tough on crime as well as tough on the causes of crime, keeping our streets safe and making them even safer.

The old view that deterrents alone can stop crime is foolish and outdated. We believe in funding for our education and healthcare systems, a fair and secure social safety net and an approach to policy that shows a way out of crime, not merely a form of punishing it. The New Democrats wish to take an evidence-based approach to our law and order issues, whilst avoiding seeing both perpetrators and victims as statistics or numbers.

HEALTH & EDUCATION POLICY
The New Democrats maintain that the health of Calaverde is of crucial importance to the party, and for this reason we support a state-funded universal healthcare system to cover at least the most basic medical needs of Calaverde's citizens. Historical worries about the damage on economic prosperity done by universal healthcare have been proven untrue, and we instead believe that a healthy workforce will only serve to form a healthy economy.

As a party, we see education as not only the next step to employment, but also to understanding life and what it means. The New Democrats believe that as well as being taught conventional and traditional skills, students need to learn how to get on in life, how to make themselves safe and how to be happy. We see it as crucial that education is open to all those who seek to learn, young or old, and view those in education not as numbers, but as our future.

2015 NEW DEMOCRATS
Last edited by New Democrats on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:55 am, edited 12 times in total.
New Democrats - idealists without illusions
- CALAVERDE'S CENTRIST PARTY -
(HQ)

New Democrats
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby New Democrats » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Party Leadership

Members

Party News & Updates
  • 09.04.15: New Democrats founded
  • 14.04.15: Britanno elected as Party President, Prussia as Home Affairs spokesperson and Calimera as Foreign Affairs spokesperson
  • 17.04.15: A manifesto conference launched to get together a full election platform
  • 17.05.15: The New Democrats may soon organise early elections for some of its party positions to maintain activity
  • (apologies for shift to American data notation)6/14/15: Geilinor elected Party President.

Upcoming Events
  • Election Fever: Party primaries for the upcoming Presidential elections
  • Lesser Election Fever: Early elections for certain party positions

Hall of Fame

Constitution
NAME
1. The official name of the party shall be the 'New Democratic Party of Calaverde'.
2. The official party name may also be referred to as the 'New Democratic Party' or the 'New Democrats'.
3. The official abbreviation of the party shall be 'ND'

PRINCIPLES & VALUES
4. The party shall champion the freedom, dignity and wellbeing of individuals.
5. The party shall advocate for the respect of the basic rights of all people based on the values of equality and fairness.
6. The party shall reject prejudice and discrimination, and oppose entrenched privilege and inequality.
7. The party shall support each citizen contributing to their community and to decisions which impact them.

PARTY STRUCTURE
8. The party shall be led by the chairperson, who may also be referred to as the chairman or chairwoman.
9. The chairperson shall be responsible for leading the party as well as handling votes within the party.
10. The chairperson shall be elected for a two month term using the alternative vote electoral system, and may serve for no longer than two consecutive terms.
11. The chairperson may be removed from their position by a no confidence motion, which must be seconded by at least three members for a vote to occur.
12. The party shall have a deputy chairperson, who may also be referred to as the the deputy chairman or deputy chairwoman.
13. The deputy chairperson shall be responsible for assisting the chairperson in party matters and shall become acting chairperson should the chairperson resign or lose a motion of no confidence until a permanent replacement can be elected.
14. The deputy chairperson shall be elected for a two month term using the alternative vote electoral system, and may serve for no longer than two consecutive terms.
15. The deputy chairperson may be removed from their position by a no confidence motion, which must be seconded by at least three members for a vote to occur.
16. The party shall have a chief whip.
17. The chief whip shall be responsible for ensuring party members vote along officially designated party lines if and when applicable.
18. The chief whip shall be appointed by the chairperson, and shall serve until replaced by the party chairperson.

MEMBERSHIP
19. Membership of the party shall be open to any Member of Parliament unless specifically barred from joining by the chairperson or a majority of the existing party membership.
20. Membership of the party shall be open to those already members of other parties.
21. Membership of the party may only be revoked should the chairperson openly expel the member or if a majority of the party membership vote in favour of expulsion.
22. Membership of the party may be temporarily suspended by the chairperson for no longer than

PARTY PLATFORM
23. The party shall have a party platform.
24. The content of the party platform shall be decided by the party membership.
25. Any policy may be put forward by a member of the party, and it may be added to the party platform with approval from the chairperson and/or a majority of the party membership.
26. The chairperson shall have the power to veto any addition to the party platform.

VOTING
27. It shall be the responsibility of the chief whip to set the whip for any vote in the chamber.
28. Should the chief whip be unable to carry out their duties, it shall be the responsibility of either the chairperson or deputy chairperson to set the whip.
29. A conscience vote may be issued, meaning the party has no official stance on the legislation and members may vote as they see fit.
30. A single-line whip may be issued, meaning the party has a stance on the legislation but it is not binding and members may vote as they see fit.
31. A two-line whip may be issued, meaning the party has a binding stance on the legislation, but members may abstain if they strongly object to the party stance.
32. A three-line whip may be issued, meaning the party has a binding stance on the legislation and members are all expected to vote the same way.
33. Sanctions for defying a two-line whip shall be decided by the chief whip, but shall not include party explusion or suspension.
34. Sanctions for defying a three-line whip shall be decided by the chairperson and chief whip, and shall not be limited to explusion or suspension.
Last edited by New Democrats on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 24 times in total.
(HQ)

New Democrats
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby New Democrats » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:53 pm

We could maybe fit an index of newspaper articles here.

You may now post.
(HQ)

Britanno 2
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno 2 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:56 pm

You weren't lying when you said it was pretty.
Centre-left Social Democrat
Admin in the NSGS Senate
Senator Huang Diem of the Labour Party

Lykens
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:09 pm

The most rightist LDP'ers left us.

Oh no, who will stop us from making everything into a communist utopia.

Good luck :P.
Looking for a decent RP region to join? Try Greater Olympus.

Good people, Active RPs, Great Maps.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

The New World Oceania
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New World Oceania » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:10 pm

I feel as if Reform and this are respectivelt like US Libs and Greens, aspiring to overcome the two-patty system but unlikely to.
Woman-made-woman.
Formerly Not a Bang but a Whimper.
Mario Cerce, Member of the Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!
Elizia
Joyce Wu, Eternal President of Elizia
Wen Lin, Governor of Jinyu
Ahmed Alef, Member for South Hutnegeri
Dagmar
Elise Marlowe, Member for Varland
Calaverde
Alsafyr Njil, Minister of Justice
Vienna Eliot et. al, Poets
Dick Njil, Journalist
Assad Hazouri, Mayor of Masalbhumi
Baltonia
Clint Webb, Member of the Seima
Ment-Al Li, United Nations Agent
Aurentina
Clint Webb, Senator

Argentarino
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:10 pm

So shiny
Senator Sushila Fonseca
Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!

Britanno 2
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno 2 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm

The New World Oceania wrote:I feel as if Reform and this are respectivelt like US Libs and Greens, aspiring to overcome the two-patty system but unlikely to.

Shush silly Muslim party :p
Centre-left Social Democrat
Admin in the NSGS Senate
Senator Huang Diem of the Labour Party

New Democrats
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby New Democrats » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Britanno 2 wrote:You weren't lying when you said it was pretty.

c:

Finished pasting the manifesto.
(HQ)

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:00 pm

New Democrats wrote:
Britanno 2 wrote:You weren't lying when you said it was pretty.

c:

Finished pasting the manifesto.

Manifesto. Sounds practically communist.
Totally not a tag. See? I made a comment.

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:21 pm

*joins because I'm drunk*

*might leave tomorrow you never know*
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:27 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:*joins because I'm drunk*

*might leave tomorrow you never know*

Nah, I won't leave. I couldn't stand to abandon a chance at fixing this clusterfuck of an OP.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:40 pm

hmmm, c'est intéressant.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95

Pros: social democracy, LGBT+ rights, pro-choice, free education and health care, environmentalism, Nordic model, secularism, welfare state, multiculturalism
Cons: social conservatism, neoliberalism, hate speech, racism, sexism, 'right-to-work' laws, religious fundamentalism
i'm a dual american-new zealander previously lived in the northeast US, now living in new zealand. university student.
Social Democrat and Progressive.
Hanna Nilsen, Leader of the SDP. Equality, Prosperity, and Opportunity: The Social Democratic Party

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:40 pm

The more parties, the better.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Founded: Jan 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:41 pm

You need to join the coalition talks between the Reform Party and FDP.

Best of luck, btw.
I am: Cynic, Depressive, Junior in HS, Arizonan, Sarcastic, Wannabe Psychologist, Lover of Cinema and Rum.

Ziggy played guitar....
For ISIS | On Israel and its settlements | Flat Taxes are beneficial for all | OOC, Baby | Probably Accurate.

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:44 pm

Liberty and Linguistics wrote:You need to join the coalition talks between the Reform Party and FDP.

Best of luck, btw.

I wouldn't support joining a right-wing coalition.

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Liberty and Linguistics wrote:You need to join the coalition talks between the Reform Party and FDP.

Best of luck, btw.

This is a right-wing party?
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95

Pros: social democracy, LGBT+ rights, pro-choice, free education and health care, environmentalism, Nordic model, secularism, welfare state, multiculturalism
Cons: social conservatism, neoliberalism, hate speech, racism, sexism, 'right-to-work' laws, religious fundamentalism
i'm a dual american-new zealander previously lived in the northeast US, now living in new zealand. university student.
Social Democrat and Progressive.
Hanna Nilsen, Leader of the SDP. Equality, Prosperity, and Opportunity: The Social Democratic Party

New Werpland
Senator

Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:46 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

Best of luck, btw.

I wouldn't support joining a right-wing coalition.

This party seems to be center right/center anyway. The only reason I hesitate to join is because of it's leadership.
Last edited by New Werpland on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lykens
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:47 pm

New Werpland wrote:
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:I wouldn't support joining a right-wing coalition.

This party seems to be center right/center anyway. The only reason I hesitate to join is because of it's leadership.

What's wrong with Brit and Ark?

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

New Werpland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Atlanticatia wrote:

Best of luck, btw.

If Tony Blair was still around he would join this.

New Werpland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Lykens wrote:
New Werpland wrote:This party seems to be center right/center anyway. The only reason I hesitate to join is because of it's leadership.

I shouldn't have said that in to start with, I'd rather not start some personal argument here.

Lykens
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:51 pm

New Werpland wrote:
Lykens wrote:What's wrong with Brit and Ark?

I shouldn't have said that in to start with, I'd rather not start some personal argument here.

Mhm.

Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Founded: Jan 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:53 pm

Atlanticatia wrote:

Best of luck, btw.

The New Democrats seem centrist. That's fine, as the Reform Party and FDP are centre right.
I am: Cynic, Depressive, Junior in HS, Arizonan, Sarcastic, Wannabe Psychologist, Lover of Cinema and Rum.

Ziggy played guitar....
For ISIS | On Israel and its settlements | Flat Taxes are beneficial for all | OOC, Baby | Probably Accurate.

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Lykens wrote:
New Werpland wrote:This party seems to be center right/center anyway. The only reason I hesitate to join is because of it's leadership.

FYI, I'll be joining the leadership and my senator is a leftist.

A firmly competent one, at that.
Last edited by Prussia-Steinbach on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lykens
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Lykens wrote:What's wrong with Brit and Ark?

A firmly competent one, at that.

Oh, you're so funny :P.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives