NATION

PASSWORD

American Paranormal Society Chapter Two: The Armies of Huang

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

American Paranormal Society Chapter Two: The Armies of Huang

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:31 pm

"While we only fight in our nation, mysteries a plenty abound across this earth."
- James Landon, Eight President of the American Paranormal Society circa March 1900

Six months came and went, and both Kimmler and Chester went unheard from. Two search groups have been formed, the elusive stealth group the Unseen who have been deployed to find and murder Kimmler, and the Sixth Brigade, a group of ordinary agents (Braddock, Bregoli, Hawkeye, Herring, and some others) have been sent to apprehend Chester. Now, the criminal mastermind has been traced to a small island off the coast of Japan, and the Sixth Brigade is preparing to travel overseas and capture him through undercover work. Meanwhile, the rest of the APS continues on with their day-to-day work, under the growing threat of utter destruction...

March 1st, 2012

Oliver shot the target out of the air and proceeded to kick the holographic vampire in the stomach. He pulled out some garlic-scented gas and used it to distract the monster.

"This stuff's putrid," he coughed, throwing it to the side, "I see why they hate it so much."

He withdrew his cross but dropped instantly. His new found weaknesses were hard to adjust to. He couldn't wield anything holy to Judeo-Christians, so these days, he made do with a Quran. He withdrew the book and promptly slammed it into vampire's face. Not as effective as the Old Testament would've been, but it was all he had.

Being a pathetic simulation, the vampire dissipated instantly. Oliver sighed and closed the holy book, walking right out of the room and ignoring any other training exercises activated. He was tired, tired from everything that had happened in the pas six months. And now was the day he would be meeting his team. For the first time in six months, he'd be dealing with this madmen. Oh joy, was he thrilled.

Prequel: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=129804
OOC: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=129772
Last edited by Nationstatelandsville on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Nico stood, falling into step directly behind Oliver, oozing from the shadows.
"Hello there... commander." He added the last annoyed, feeling anxious about having to follow orders. But he would take them... take them to the letter, and the grave if he needed to.
He frowned, but then smiled. He was happier nowadays, now he had learned to bring back that shard of the power of the Spear of Destiny, stronger now, ready to be powerful.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
You can call me TIE. I'm not on much... so telegram me if you need something.
FanT Nation - FT w/o space.
I'm on CA time, so... pacific. UTC -8
I'm bi, not single, and really any pronoun works.
I'll check out RP's if you TG me about them.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:00 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:Nico stood, falling into step directly behind Oliver, oozing from the shadows.
"Hello there... commander." He added the last annoyed, feeling anxious about having to follow orders. But he would take them... take them to the letter, and the grave if he needed to.
He frowned, but then smiled. He was happier nowadays, now he had learned to bring back that shard of the power of the Spear of Destiny, stronger now, ready to be powerful.

"Hello Nico."

Oliver nodded at the Chthonian. Sure, he had tried to kill him in the past. Twice. Sure, he was insane. But he was still Oliver's responsibility, just like the other three and the recruits who had yet to be decided.

"You hear anything about the new recruits yet? Grey's letter said it would be more then the four of us."

Goodbye.

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:08 pm

"No, I didn't hear anything from Lovec-... Gray." He smiled, then frowned at his almost-slip, but quickly regained his smile. He had been practicing speech recently, and his accent was almost gone... unless he wanted it there. Which he did sometimes, to scare people. It was funny how different people responded when their 'friend' became a four-five meter tall Chthonian.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:12 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:"No, I didn't hear anything from Lovec-... Gray." He smiled, then frowned at his almost-slip, but quickly regained his smile. He had been practicing speech recently, and his accent was almost gone... unless he wanted it there. Which he did sometimes, to scare people. It was funny how different people responded when their 'friend' became a four-five meter tall Chthonian.

"Alright. I'll ask White about it later tonight."

He put the gun he had been using down slipped on his trench coat. Was it cold? No. But trench coats were bad ass, so he was wearing one. He was one of the highest ranking agents after all. The trench coat gave off an aura of authority. Now all he had to do was buy that fedora...

"We should wait for the others in the conference room like we promised. And this time, don't kill any shrimp men."

Goodbye.

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Nico nodded. He had figured someone had figured out it was him. No matter... He pulled out the Blade of R'yleh, now a katana and wakizasha pair, and began walking, hiding the pair-blade on his arms. He appreciated Oliver's trenchcoat, but everyone knew that a greatcoat, like the one he wore was cooler. And it certainly looked cooler, sitting on his shoulders, his arms not even through it. It looked as if it were perfectly balanced, but in actuality small tentacles fastened it to his shoulders, not allowing it to fall, increasing, as he thought of it, his badassery.

Knoxcrest
Senator

Founded: Jul 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxcrest » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:35 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:Nico nodded. He had figured someone had figured out it was him. No matter... He pulled out the Blade of R'yleh, now a katana and wakizasha pair, and began walking, hiding the pair-blade on his arms. He appreciated Oliver's trenchcoat, but everyone knew that a greatcoat, like the one he wore was cooler. And it certainly looked cooler, sitting on his shoulders, his arms not even through it. It looked as if it were perfectly balanced, but in actuality small tentacles fastened it to his shoulders, not allowing it to fall, increasing, as he thought of it, his badassery.

Nicholas stepped into the room wherein the two were conversing, nodding towards both Oliver and Nico.

"Gentlemen." he said, tucking a cigar into his pocket. He knew it was a nasty habit, sure, but he'd been rather stressed out lately, and cigarettes didn't really suffice.
PROCLAIMED THE FARM GOD OF NS
Ende, in a TG: "Your NSG voice is the Medic from TF2? You are an awesome person, Farm God."
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Didn't play Knox yet, but I know he will beat me.

He is inside the game. He is the game.
-Nat, on my TF2 Skeelz.

Condunum wrote:it's you Knox. No one knows what the hell is going on in that head of yours.
Farm God of NS
The Most Reliable and by far the Most Insane lifeguard on Carthage Beach!

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Nico looked the man over, and shrugged to Oliver before reaching out into a shadow, grabbing something off a lampshade, and pulled his arms back close to him, a duster (the type of jacket) in his hand, and tossed it to Nicholas. "Wear this." he said gruffly, and leaned back against the wall.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:40 pm

Knoxcrest wrote:
The Inritus Extraho wrote:Nico nodded. He had figured someone had figured out it was him. No matter... He pulled out the Blade of R'yleh, now a katana and wakizasha pair, and began walking, hiding the pair-blade on his arms. He appreciated Oliver's trenchcoat, but everyone knew that a greatcoat, like the one he wore was cooler. And it certainly looked cooler, sitting on his shoulders, his arms not even through it. It looked as if it were perfectly balanced, but in actuality small tentacles fastened it to his shoulders, not allowing it to fall, increasing, as he thought of it, his badassery.

Nicholas stepped into the room wherein the two were conversing, nodding towards both Oliver and Nico.

"Gentlemen." he said, tucking a cigar into his pocket. He knew it was a nasty habit, sure, but he'd been rather stressed out lately, and cigarettes didn't really suffice.

"Hello Nick. Vaminos! To the conference room!"

Oliver walked out, following Nico inside the room. He claimed the seat once reserved for orange and put in earplugs, just in case Nico got any... ideas.

"Now we just need Francesca."

Goodbye.

Knoxcrest
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxcrest » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:44 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:Nico looked the man over, and shrugged to Oliver before reaching out into a shadow, grabbing something off a lampshade, and pulled his arms back close to him, a duster (the type of jacket) in his hand, and tossed it to Nicholas. "Wear this." he said gruffly, and leaned back against the wall.

"...What?" he said, taking a seat.

"You know we're in an air conditioned building Nico, right?"
Ende, in a TG: "Your NSG voice is the Medic from TF2? You are an awesome person, Farm God."

-Nat, on my TF2 Skeelz.

Condunum wrote:it's you Knox. No one knows what the hell is going on in that head of yours.
Farm God of NS

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:48 pm

"Well, me and Oliver have epic coats, and I'm sure Fran... esca?" He had forgotten her name, and he frowned before continuing. "Will be fine with wearing a jacket. Don't be a stick in the mud, Nicholas. The nail that sticks up... gets hammered down."

Knoxcrest
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxcrest » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:50 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:"Well, me and Oliver have epic coats, and I'm sure Fran... esca?" He had forgotten her name, and he frowned before continuing. "Will be fine with wearing a jacket. Don't be a stick in the mud, Nicholas. The nail that sticks up... gets hammered down."

He kicked his feet onto the table. "I'm sure I could survive without an 'epic coat,' to be honest."

-Nat, on my TF2 Skeelz.

Farm God of NS

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:57 pm

"Fine, fine, you don't have to be part of... dun dun DUN! the Coat Brigade!" He laughed at his pitiful joke, then smiled. "But you know, it would be reeaaaaally cool."

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:58 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:"Fine, fine, you don't have to be part of... dun dun DUN! the Coat Brigade!" He laughed at his pitiful joke, then smiled. "But you know, it would be reeaaaaally cool."

Oliver rubbed his temples, desperately resisting the urge to carve them up like Christmas hams.

"Are you two seriously have an argument over coats?"

Goodbye.

Knoxcrest
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxcrest » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:59 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:"Fine, fine, you don't have to be part of... dun dun DUN! the Coat Brigade!" He laughed at his pitiful joke, then smiled. "But you know, it would be reeaaaaally cool."

"This isn't highschool, I don't have to wear something to be 'reeeeaaaally cool.'" he said with a slight grin.

-Nat, on my TF2 Skeelz.

Farm God of NS

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 pm

"No, no, I'm not arguing, and I certainly won't mention that mine is cooler than yours, Oliver. Commander."

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:02 pm

"Whatever. Can you just sit down?"

Oliver tapped his fingers on table impatiently, picturing exactly how much he'd love to sink his teeth into their flesh and tear it off. No, he wasn't a wild animal. He was a normal man, an agent of the American Paranormal Society. He had responsibilities, people to protect. He couldn't just go feral and destroy things. Unless... no, that wasn't him, that would never be him. He was a man, not a wolf.

"And where's Francesca? She's late."

Goodbye.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Francesca opened the door, having her own coat on. "Sorry I'm late, everyone." She sat down next to Oliver.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Rupudska wrote:Francesca opened the door, having her own coat on. "Sorry I'm late, everyone." She sat down next to Oliver.

"Yeah whatever."

Oliver looked under the table and pulled out the suitcase he had stowed there. It was supposed to contain case details for their search. Unfortunately, all that really meant was incident reports that they themselves had filled out. He pulled out a small tape recorder from his coat and set it on the table, setting it to record their conversation.

"Something APS learned from Nixon. Record everything."

Goodbye.

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:15 pm

Nico stretched, subtly pulling out his own recorder and clicking it on. "And something from the Army. Always have your own copy."

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:32 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:Nico stretched, subtly pulling out his own recorder and clicking it on. "And something from the Army. Always have your own copy."

"I'm 99% sure what you just said didn't come from the Army, but whatever."

He opened up the suitcase and pulled out documents they had all seen before, their reports. Now, they had been forced to file many reports. One about the secretary, one about the Franklin Avenue Siege, one about the events in Canada, blah blah blah. What they cared about now was their mission reports from the first day. While the Siege had been solved, a group of neo-Soviet terrorists trying to revive the OIA, and the Battle of New Brunswick had been attributed to the Horsemen of Apocalypse (which is never a good sign), they still had no idea who had framed Bregoli, attacked the training site, or er... released the kraken. They also wondered about the hag, but Grey himself had said the mystery was solved. Not that any case details had been released, like who the hell she actually was.

"Well... I guess we start with you, Nico. Did you ever see this guy?"

He pulled out a picture of Chester they had taken from government files for reference.

"His name is uh... Chester Worthington."

Goodbye.

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Nico frowned, his eyes closing, his body rippling, thinking back, back through madness, back through blood, back through insanity. "He's...dead? I think." He smiled. "Definitely with the guy who made War, or he's dead."

Knoxcrest
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxcrest » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:Nico frowned, his eyes closing, his body rippling, thinking back, back through madness, back through blood, back through insanity. "He's...dead? I think." He smiled. "Definitely with the guy who made War, or he's dead."

"I'm sorry, we couldn't possibly be so lucky. There's no way he's dead." Nicholas said bluntly.

-Nat, on my TF2 Skeelz.

Farm God of NS

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:38 pm

"McMillian defies everything. For R'yleh's sake man, he broke me out of the APS, without anyone knowing."

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:39 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:Nico frowned, his eyes closing, his body rippling, thinking back, back through madness, back through blood, back through insanity. "He's...dead? I think." He smiled. "Definitely with the guy who made War, or he's dead."

"Dead? That's a pretty damn big assumption."

Oliver sighed and pulled out the only memento of Chester they had, a note he had left in what would have been his prison cell two days before this meeting.

"This is a new piece of evidence. We think it is anyway. It says: Catch me if you can, keep in mind that I awaken before anyone else. Any idea what that means?"

Goodbye.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives