NATION

PASSWORD

Let's Build an Alternate World Together

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Remove ads

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cruxa » Thu May 18, 2017 5:51 am

1473: The Éirish are geared up for war. Their arquebusiers wear thin leather and steel, while their foot soldiers are aromored as of old.

The Norse still wear minimal armor, but what they wear is now steel.
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you, Aerosmith, not moshing, pianos
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views:
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

Torrentio
Attaché

Founded: May 30, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Torrentio » Thu May 18, 2017 6:25 am

1473: War appears inevitable. The Arabs and Graecians had reached a standstill in negotiations. All it took now was for someone to make the first move, and the whole region would fall apart. King Dominicus lettered his wife, telling her to mobilize her troops, ready the ships, and more aggressively occupy the rebellious Baltic region. Meanwhile, Graecian borders became closed to everyone who wasn't already inside. Anyone who could provide a sign of citizenship was allowed back in, and suspected infiltrators were investigated. Tensions were rising in Constantinople, and the people would often yell at each other aggressively across the channel.
Quotes of Memoria (not mine, sadly)
Thermodolia wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:Hey, if Chechnya can do it, why not America?

Because here in the US the gays have guns

Breaking News! Danish Troops return to Denmark! No war this year. - Stock Market Crash! Nation enters new Economic Depression

Cruxa
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cruxa » Thu May 18, 2017 6:32 am

Torrentio wrote:1473: War appears inevitable. The Arabs and Graecians had reached a standstill in negotiations. All it took now was for someone to make the first move, and the whole region would fall apart. King Dominicus lettered his wife, telling her to mobilize her troops, ready the ships, and more aggressively occupy the rebellious Baltic region. Meanwhile, Graecian borders became closed to everyone who wasn't already inside. Anyone who could provide a sign of citizenship was allowed back in, and suspected infiltrators were investigated. Tensions were rising in Constantinople, and the people would often yell at each other aggressively across the channel.

The queen mobilizes her troops, and her ships are readied. The Baltics and Estonia are occupied, fortifying them from outside influence and contact. Borders are closed. When a bird flies over the heads of some guards, a spear shooter (Norse gunwielder) kills it and begins to cook it when he finds a letter attached. Immediately this is sent to the queen. The Graecians are informed at once.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Views:

Trivolia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trivolia » Thu May 18, 2017 6:44 am

1473 BC: Tensions only seemed to get worse, and both sides seem prepared for war. Along with the usual advancments, the Arabians decide to allow wizards into the war, having them equipped with new spells, they would only be used in small numbers, and would stay in Arabian armies. The Arabians also decided on another hidden war tactic, only known by the top advisors, it was a primitive way of ariel warfare. Using the same method of flying the air baloons as the Turks once did, another wizard would be stationed and would create a defensive bubble around the baloon, and yet another wizard would be stationed to shoot lightening spells. The bubble would eventually break, and wizards went exactly easy to produce and train, so with 3 wizards in 1 baloon, they would only be used as singular, or maybe up to 2 units in a battle.
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"
~Honorable dictator of Trivolia

Trivolia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trivolia » Thu May 18, 2017 7:12 am

Cruxa wrote:
Torrentio wrote:1473: War appears inevitable. The Arabs and Graecians had reached a standstill in negotiations. All it took now was for someone to make the first move, and the whole region would fall apart. King Dominicus lettered his wife, telling her to mobilize her troops, ready the ships, and more aggressively occupy the rebellious Baltic region. Meanwhile, Graecian borders became closed to everyone who wasn't already inside. Anyone who could provide a sign of citizenship was allowed back in, and suspected infiltrators were investigated. Tensions were rising in Constantinople, and the people would often yell at each other aggressively across the channel.

The queen mobilizes her troops, and her ships are readied. The Baltics and Estonia are occupied, fortifying them from outside influence and contact. Borders are closed. When a bird flies over the heads of some guards, a spear shooter (Norse gunwielder) kills it and begins to cook it when he finds a letter attached. Immediately this is sent to the queen. The Graecians are informed at once.

OOC: Now that seems a bit unfair. We would have these birds trained to avoid such situations by going through less populated areas in the first place, and magical influence would allow for speeds against these spear shooters.
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"

Torrentio
Attaché

Postby Torrentio » Thu May 18, 2017 7:52 am

OOC: how about a Norse hunter shoots a bird while it's getting a drink? Then he discovers the message and sends it up to the queen? Would that be a bit more believable, or should we drop pithy sheer luck?
Thermodolia wrote:

Breaking News! Danish Troops return to Denmark! No war this year. - Stock Market Crash! Nation enters new Economic Depression

The Federation of Kendor
Minister

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Thu May 18, 2017 7:53 am

1473 BC: Makassar started to construct larger boats for the war. They also researched more techs, founding more (there are many that I can't mention them all). However, one of the significant invention is an iron tube, which is then loaded with a paper wrapped into a cylinder, loaded with gunpowder, and added with a fuse, causing it to fly and explode like a firework. In addition, they also manage to find a perfect smelting method, to expose the liquid steel to the wind, which will make the steel quality better. They also founded the Canon, as well as a simple small tube, with a fuse, gunpowder, and an iron ball loaded. It's like a rifle. Meanwhile, the magic, which currently was mere wish granting and miracles granted by the gods, have now expanded thanks to the Graecian magics. Meanwhile, soldiers are being differentiated, with different soldiers being marked with different weapons, armors, and other equipments
OOC Informations
IC Sig (in progress)
North Korean Russia wrote:Floor 2383: Fools! EVERYONE worships ME, Kim Jong-Putin. This floor is where I monitor the world, planning to nuke everyone, sometime very, very soon... :twisted:

North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

My Discord channel
My Forum
If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD

Torrentio
Attaché

Postby Torrentio » Fri May 19, 2017 6:50 am

1474: Naples, Graecia - One year before the conquest of Carthago...
An inventor named Achmenius Illefugum develops a multitude of devices. The first is a hang glider, capable of allowing a slow, controlled fall. The second is his very own invention, which had unknowingly been invented before him by the Turks, now Arabs. On its own, it was a large sack tied to a basket capable of carrying a few men, but it was capable of flight in a strange way. A fire was lit just over the bag's opening, and the heated air would lift the craft. The Graecian military took interest, and Achmenius was brought to the king. He was ordered to produce these balloons, and further renovations to the hang glider design allowed for people to be strapped in, with one pilot, leaving the other two strapped in with free hands. These were mainly magic-users, who had been militarized long before, or gunmen. The entire program was secretly developed over the last year.
1473: Present... Over Thellasoniki, the Graecian Capital, over 300 hot air balloons, each with two hang-glider crews and a balloon pilot in flight. The gliders waited, for now.
In the capital, negotiations had broken down. The Arab soldiers were expelled from the building, and sent back to their ships. The Arab ambassador was sent with them. Runners were sent to the Graecian allies, and the diplomat in Makassar was messaged by the magi in Thellasoniki. They all had one message. 'War is upon us. Mobilize.'
Thermodolia wrote:

Trivolia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trivolia » Fri May 19, 2017 7:35 am

1473 BC: As the diplomat and soldiers were sent back, one soldier, who was secretly a wizard, used her telepathic magic to contact other wizards, some in ally capitals (including the Estonians), and some in the capital, "the negotiations failed, prepare for war if you haven't already". Arabian ships were now ordered to destroy ships on sight, if they didn't belong to Arabia or Arabian allies. At the capital, a speech was given by one of the councilmen, who was a retired general, about the glorious victory that was to be insured, and how the Graecians had brought the war apon themselves when they "dared attack on Arabian soil". Messages were sent to allies, promising victory and land to those who helped. Morale was high.

Cruxa
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cruxa » Fri May 19, 2017 9:10 am

1473: The Norse rush to the aid of the Graecians, but they dare not stray too far from home after what happened last time. The norse cannoneers were stationed on the walls of every city, prepared to blast armies out of existence. Indeed, the Norse had invented a more compact, easy-to-fire cannon which was enchanted to make it strong and easy to reload. They called it the Hellcloud, because it rained fire upon their enemies. An army of 800,000 Norse sail from Sweden to Saxony, where they await orders. The queen joins her king in Graecia.

The Éirish move an army into their Normandy lands, now called Celtia. The 500,000 man army awaits orders from the Turkis commander.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Views:

Polvamaa
Attaché

Founded: Jan 22, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polvamaa » Fri May 19, 2017 10:17 am

1473: Upon hearing the news of a world war being inevitable, Toomas I gave out the orders for Estonia to prepare for war every way they could.
Add 600 to Post count.Sequel To "Sino Nations".
NS Stats (Other than Economy) Have been regarded as evil libel.
Never forget 1227 and 1940.
The ideology of Vabaerakond (RL in Estonia):Liberal Conservatism, which is open to technological changes.

..⛑..
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ Put this in your signature if you are a patriot.

Trivolia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trivolia » Fri May 19, 2017 11:04 am

1473 BC: The war had begun, though the fighting hadn't quite started yet. The Arabians were pleased with the Eirish, and as such, ordered them to scout out the lands of the Norse, and to battle that threat as they saw fit. The Arabians also asked for Eirish naval help, asking them to bomb any allies of the Graecians from the sea, before they decided to attack on land. Arabian towns and cities were set to "war protection" readiness, which meant all citizens were to work for the war cause, whether it be soldiering or producing food and supplies. Towns were also fortified, and traps were set up yards out, including spiked holes (camouflaged), throwers (when multiple people step on the device, it lifts like a catipult and sends them flying back), and powder bombs (despite their harmless name, they are a combination of gun powder and flint, set to puff up and set off as a sort of upwards flame thrower, with a range of 13 feet in each direction, even those with armor would be burnt, though have a better change of survival). Another secret war tactic, archers, though these archers would only line cities and forts, the toxic smoke bombs had been refined, and with the same range as the powder bombs, would prove useful.

Torrentio
Attaché

Postby Torrentio » Fri May 19, 2017 11:37 am

1473, December. (The month is alright, yeah? We've been in 1473 for a page or two now...)
The Franks and Germans had been at war for almost 25 years now. The German-aligned Italians had capitulated, but due to the rugged mountains on Germania's south and well defended river crossings on the Germanic west, making attacking Germania through Frankish lands was almost impossible. So an offshoot of 500,000 Frankish soldiers go north to Celtica. Meanwhile, the Andalusian, Castillian, and Gallican armies, with a combined force of 400,000, assemble on the Aragonese mainland's border. (The not to attack anyone yet, I recently got my computer back into working order. I'll get the map posted asap, but it'll take me a while to get Photoshop updated.)
Thermodolia wrote:

New Transeurasia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Transeurasia » Fri May 19, 2017 1:33 pm

1473 BC: Segye conquests west, and gains the eastern half of present-day China and Mongolia.

OOC: could someone make a map please?
Last edited by New Transeurasia on Fri May 19, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Communist Democracy of New Transeurasia

We usually are in PT. The year is 1996/1997.

Trivolia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trivolia » Fri May 19, 2017 3:10 pm

New Transeurasia wrote:1470 BC: Segye conquests west, and gains the eastern half of present-day China and Mongolia.

No big time skips untill the war is over.

Torrentio
Attaché

Postby Torrentio » Sat May 20, 2017 5:21 am

New Transeurasia wrote:1473 BC: Segye conquests west, and gains the eastern half of present-day China and Mongolia.

Map update coming. I had to go through all the changed stuff, which there's a lot of. There's also a war map that'll be coming out with it. Makassar is a bit weird on it, but only because I didn't want to draw out each and every little island. Reason it took so long was WannaCry.
Thermodolia wrote:

The Federation of Kendor
Minister

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sat May 20, 2017 5:34 am

Torrentio wrote:
New Transeurasia";p="<a href="tel:31766890">31766890</a> wrote:1473 BC: Segye conquests west, and gains the eastern half of present-day China and Mongolia.

Map update coming. I had to go through all the changed stuff, which there's a lot of. There's also a war map that'll be coming out with it. Makassar is a bit weird on it, but only because I didn't want to draw out each and every little island. Reason it took so long was WannaCry.

Anyway, I think I now know why do you suggest against paying the ransom. The files son't get decrypted. Also, did you have the WannaKey program, which can decrypt your files. Also, I will get a post later
OOC Informations
IC Sig (in progress)
North Korean Russia wrote:Floor 2383: Fools! EVERYONE worships ME, Kim Jong-Putin. This floor is where I monitor the world, planning to nuke everyone, sometime very, very soon... :twisted:

North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

My Discord channel
My Forum
If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD

Torrentio
Attaché

Postby Torrentio » Sat May 20, 2017 5:52 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:
Torrentio wrote:Map update coming. I had to go through all the changed stuff, which there's a lot of. There's also a war map that'll be coming out with it. Makassar is a bit weird on it, but only because I didn't want to draw out each and every little island. Reason it took so long was WannaCry.

Anyway, I think I now know why do you suggest against paying the ransom. The files son't get decrypted. Also, did you have the WannaKey program, which can decrypt your files. Also, I will get a post later

Too late for that, a Factory Reset and Memory wipe did the trick, surprisingly.
I'm getting the final touch-ups.
Thermodolia wrote:

Torrentio
Attaché

Postby Torrentio » Sat May 20, 2017 6:32 am

Nationstates Alt world (and alliances) https://imgur.com/gallery/yEG0j
Thermodolia wrote:

Trivolia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trivolia » Sat May 20, 2017 6:56 am

Torrentio wrote:Nationstates Alt world (and alliances) https://imgur.com/gallery/yEG0j

To countries we took, we took all of them, not just the coast, lol

Polvamaa
Attaché

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polvamaa » Sat May 20, 2017 7:01 am

Torrentio wrote:Nationstates Alt world (and alliances) https://imgur.com/gallery/yEG0j

OOC:Isn't Estonia part of the Graceian alliance? Given that Estonia is a vassal of the Norse?
The ideology of Vabaerakond (RL in Estonia):Liberal Conservatism, which is open to technological changes.

..⛑..

Trivolia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trivolia » Sat May 20, 2017 7:03 am

Polvamaa wrote:

OOC:Isn't Estonia part of the Graceian alliance? Given that Estonia is a vassal of the Norse?

We sent you guys a proposal ic, estlabishing your freedom if you sided with us.

Polvamaa
Attaché

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polvamaa » Sat May 20, 2017 7:13 am

IC: Estonia secretly accepts the proposal of Arabia to join the Turkish alliance.

..⛑..

Torrentio
Attaché

Postby Torrentio » Sat May 20, 2017 7:51 am

Trivolia wrote:

To countries we took, we took all of them, not just the coast, lol

That was their existing territory.
Polvamaa wrote:

Another rebellion, this time supported by the Arabs.
Thermodolia wrote:

Trivolia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trivolia » Sat May 20, 2017 10:30 am

Torrentio wrote:
Trivolia wrote:To countries we took, we took all of them, not just the coast, lol

That was their existing territory.
Polvamaa wrote:OOC:Isn't Estonia part of the Graceian alliance? Given that Estonia is a vassal of the Norse?

Another rebellion, this time supported by the Arabs.

I meant territories in africa, the ones you only makes the coast, and the Arabs don't own modern Turkey.

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7