NATION

PASSWORD

Draft: Liberate France

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Warner Channel
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Draft: Liberate France

Postby Warner Channel » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Like Ballotonia, I am not a WA member, but there is no such category as "Liberation." Sorry.
ESTADOS DE LA INCORPORADAS WARNER CHANNEL
"Cancun piedras"

CEO Axel Lopez

Tú sabes que me amas.

Ayudar a los Combatientes por la Libertad en la guerra civil Sorgan
Fundador de Cancun
Miembros del CAG
Embajada en el Master M

Dysian
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dysian » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Warner Channel wrote:Like Ballotonia, I am not a WA member, but there is no such category as "Liberation." Sorry.

well, apparently now there is...
perhaps they should also implement one for invading. after all, it is a process very similar to liberating. Yeah, taking the delegate position with the help of a WA resolution. That would be great. Wussy, but great.

Gaiah
Political Columnist

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gaiah » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Nearly 1046 days delegate of France : a record many wanted to end.
So Macedon came with a passive nation nobody cared about. And suddenly his friends came and took control : password and ban of natives as soon as he get enough regional power.
I have created "france 2", region for banned french nations.
In fact, we can say that France is dead : macedon invader is alone, and has resigned the WA so the password is here forever...only solution : liberation !

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Merieu wrote:It's obvious why you would want to free France, but you need to look at the other side of things. Macedon worked pretty damn hard to invade France and oust nearly every single person there, especially a region of that size and magnitude.

This is the thing - they did not. They conducted a raid like any other (except for multiing along the way, if we can take their performance in other regions as their usual MO). The only difference is that they placed a puppet in the region to accumulate Influence several months to a year in advance.

After that, all they needed to do was log in once every 60 days to keep that nation alive. Hard work? No, not exactly.

Dysian wrote:perhaps they should also implement one for invading. after all, it is a process very similar to liberating. Yeah, taking the delegate position with the help of a WA resolution. That would be great. Wussy, but great.

You may have missed the discussion, but a great number of people were concerned that raiders would use this category to do just that. So feel free to try. We'll be there to stop you every inch of the way. Get used to actually fighting for what you want to claim.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:30 pm

Gaiah wrote:Liberate france

Category: Liberation
Nominee (region): france
Proposed by: Gaiah

Description: France has been the major french region and place for nationstates tourists since his born.
In May 2009, Macedon has taken control of the region, password-protected it and eject old natives one by one.
As the former delegate of France, i call the World Assembly to remove the password of the region which became like "dead" because the invader is alone and resign to WA, so the password would last forever and no more french nations can reclaim their region.

Not that I hate it, but you have kind of rushed a bit, honoured ambassador. I am working to make a very strong and emotional case for France as well as setting a common format for other regions like Finland and Ireland. I do understand how desperate you are to get this liberation passed.

In fact do submit information for many Macedon-invaded regions so I can determine where the "customizable fields" can be placed and how it can be done. The template is starting to take shape.

Meanwhile, a shock development in international incidents, for your information: it appears the occupiers of France have gave in Ms. Harper's draft and abandoned the region and one of the natives have refounded France: Gilrabala. This is a real shocker for most but it's probably the Vergina Sun on our flag that fooled them into believing that we were Macedonian.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:36 am

France has been refounded, making this resolution now defunct.

All eyes should now be on Pakistan, a passworded Macedonian region.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Dysian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dysian » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:01 pm

Kiko says he was trying to refound France, when suddenly his nation got logged out BY ITSELF. By the time he logged in again (a VERY short period), France had been refounded.

Yes, this DOES look like a work of an admin/mod. And plus I see Sirroco's nation in France, and that makes it more than clear.
I was joking at first, when you made update 6 AM for Macedonia and submitted a Liberation category with the region of Macedon in mind, but now I'm serious. Let this serve as proof of the blatant injustice done against the Macedonians in Nationstates, and that we are so famous, that even mods are being haters
8) 8) 8)

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:14 pm

There have been a number of bugs reported about nations being seemingly randomly logged out. (I actually just had it happen to me after posting in the "New category rules" thread.) logged out of nation? seems to be relevant.

Dealing with odd bugs has always been part of the NationStates gameplay experience. Per Corinthe v. Francos Spain, taking advantage of such bugs is generally completely legal. I highly doubt that this is part of a Mod Conspiracy.

This has been an OOC post.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Sirocco
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sirocco » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Dysian wrote:Kiko says he was trying to refound France, when suddenly his nation got logged out BY ITSELF. By the time he logged in again (a VERY short period), France had been refounded.

Yes, this DOES look like a work of an admin/mod. And plus I see Sirroco's nation in France, and that makes it more than clear.
I was joking at first, when you made update 6 AM for Macedonia and submitted a Liberation category with the region of Macedon in mind, but now I'm serious. Let this serve as proof of the blatant injustice done against the Macedonians in Nationstates, and that we are so famous, that even mods are being haters
8) 8) 8)

No, this has nothing to do with us. I moved my nation there out of curiosity.

Dysian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dysian » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:21 pm

yeah, my nation just got logged out twice while I was posting on this forum.

And don't try to change my mind, I know you're all conspiring against us here :P

This has been an OOC post. (I like this hahaha)

Sirocco
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sirocco » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Let's keep on topic, now. Moderation shouldn't be part of the debate.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:45 am

Todd McCloud wrote:France has been refounded, making this resolution now defunct.

Okay then, I will prepare that (OOC: now I finally got mobile Broadband!)

Dysian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dysian » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:49 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:France has been refounded, making this resolution now defunct.

oh my goodness, this IS turning into a crusade against Macedon! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Don't you people have other things to be obsessed with? No really, you're making us look so cool...

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:19 am

Dysian wrote:
Charlotte Ryberg wrote:

oh my goodness, this IS turning into a crusade against Macedon! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Don't you people have other things to be obsessed with? No really, you're making us look so cool...

Password-grabs are not raiding, they are disrespectful to raiding. That is all I will say.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Northern Chittowa
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Chittowa » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Dysian wrote:
Warner Channel wrote:Like Ballotonia, I am not a WA member, but there is no such category as "Liberation." Sorry.

perhaps they should also implement one for invading. after all, it is a process very similar to liberating. Yeah, taking the delegate position with the help of a WA resolution. That would be great. Wussy, but great.

Well it can also help invaders. If there is a founderless region which is PWed that you wish to take control of, then you too can write a resolution to the WA asking for that PW to be removed. If you and other invaders work together to get the votes, it is possible...

Politics...Exciting, isn't it ;)

Veilyonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Veilyonia » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Dysian wrote:

Funny, in the thread for 'Liberate belgium," you expressed your ardent distaste for raiding and politics interfering with one another...

On the other hand, you got writing a WA proposal and submitting it... yeah, REAL hard work to take over a region. Perhaps, as I stated before, in the future the REAL invaders will be those who do it through a WA proposal. Pathetic.
Previously known as Veilyonia
Political Compass
"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind" -Gandhi

Dysian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dysian » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:39 am

Veilyonia wrote:
Dysian wrote:

Funny, in the thread for 'Liberate belgium," you expressed your ardent distaste for raiding and politics interfering with one another...

Of course, I was being IRONIC when I said it would be *great*.
And Northern Chittowa, if we target a region for password-liberation, ALL the fendas will know that we are trying to invade it. Much help for us huh?

EDIT: When someone says: "That's all I will say", it means he is left without any argument. Which in this case, Todd, is very true. You have nothing to prove that raiding Belgium (taking the delegate position) wasn't actually raiding.
Last edited by Dysian on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Veilyonia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Veilyonia » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Dysian wrote:
Veilyonia wrote:Funny, in the thread for 'Liberate belgium," you expressed your ardent distaste for raiding and politics interfering with one another...

And Northern Chittowa, if we target a region for password-liberation, ALL the fendas will know that we are trying to invade it. Much help for us huh?

"Being ironic"... I'll skip criticizing your poor word choice and get to the heart of the matter. Yes, you are right about the fact that all the defenders will know if raiders target a region for a liberation. Did you ever stop to think that it is the same case for defenders? If defenders target a region for a liberation, all the raiders will know that we are trying to liberate it. It is hardly our fault that, unlike defenders, most raiders take little interest in invasions that do not affect their region. Secondly, how much more do you hope to accomplish with the password in place?

EDIT: When someone says: "That's all I will say", it means he is left without any argument. Which in this case, Todd, is very true. You have nothing to prove that raiding Belgium (taking the delegate position) wasn't actually raiding.

On the other hand, youy argument is just as weak as his, as you have stated nothing to prove that "raiding" belgium was an actual raid, which it wasn't. When regions raid other regions, they take the delegate spot, hang around for a spell, and leave. That's why it's called a "raid," it's the equivalent to a hit-and-run. On the other hand, what you did to France and Belgium can be classified as "region killing." You took the delegate position, passworded the region, and began ejecting members with the sole intent of expanding your "empires." There is a distinct difference between "raiding" and "region killing," both just happen to fall under the category of "invasions."
Political Compass

Northern Chittowa
Envoy

Postby Northern Chittowa » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Veilyonia wrote:
Dysian wrote:
Veilyonia wrote:Funny, in the thread for 'Liberate belgium," you expressed your ardent distaste for raiding and politics interfering with one another...

"Being ironic"... I'll skip criticizing your poor word choice and get to the heart of the matter. Yes, you are right about the fact that all the defenders will know if raiders target a region for a liberation. Did you ever stop to think that it is the same case for defenders? If defenders target a region for a liberation, all the raiders will know that we are trying to liberate it. It is hardly our fault that, unlike defenders, most raiders take little interest in invasions that do not affect their region. Secondly, how much more do you hope to accomplish with the password in place?

I don't even have to say anything else, he has said it for me :).

Dysian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dysian » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:11 pm

raiding, invading, region killing, blah blah blah... it's all words man. no matter how you call it. As I've said before, I'm not very strong on words - I let deeds speak for me.

Northern Chittowa
Envoy

Postby Northern Chittowa » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:29 am

Dysian wrote:raiding, invading, region killing, blah blah blah... it's all words man. no matter how you call it. As I've said before, I'm not very strong on words - I let deeds speak for me.

I have noticed that you use this a lot when people actually bring the argument to you...I have to say that it does very little to reinforce your overall position.

Dysian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dysian » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:01 pm

deeds will reinforce my overall position.

Northern Chittowa
Envoy

Postby Northern Chittowa » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Dysian wrote:deeds will reinforce my overall position.

But the best generals in real life, as well as the best players in this game are those who can back up what they do with words. Its just part of the parcel of doing waht you do. You have chosen that way of life, and you have chosen to do what you do, but if you cant back it up when someone questions you, or indeed disagrees with you, then you really don't have much of a leg to stand on.

Veilyonia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Veilyonia » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:13 pm

Dysian wrote:raiding, invading, region killing, blah blah blah... it's all words man. no matter how you call it. As I've said before, I'm not very strong on words - I let deeds speak for me.

And your deeds have spoken for you, just not in your favor. As a result of your actions, you are now despised by the inhabitants of Belgium and infamous throughout NationStates. The only things that your deeds reinforce are the fact that you are not a raider, but a region destroyer. Your deeds are precisely the reason why we are having this debate. You seemed to have no problem criticizing my position earlier, until I made a statement you could not parry. Now you are hiding behind the belief that "your deeds will speak for you," except your deeds are most clearly speaking against you, and unless you leave Belgium, or backup what you've done with words, you will continue to come under fire.
Political Compass

Dysian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dysian » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:52 am

As a member of my region said: there is no such thing as bad publicity. The fact that you are having this discussion, and even changing the very rules of this game because of me, is something I take pride in. I and those of my caliber bring life to this game, no matter how much you nothing-doers are trying to deny it.

I'm not left out of arguments, I actually tire of explaining how what I did really is raiding, and copy/pasting my posts where it is all explained. I have proven many times that I am a real raider. To crash a region, you must raid it (take the delegate position) first.

But no matter what I say, you will always find a new definition of raiding just to counter mine, because you are being haters. And that's why I said words doesn't matter - it is irrelevant how you call it, when another person calls it another way. It's all relative and subjective, and thats why I shouldn't be wasting my words on it.

It is a very wise statement, if you look at it from a not-hating-Dysian point of view.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council