NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Declaration on Declarations

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

[Draft] Declaration on Declarations

Postby King Nephmir II » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:05 am

A declaration of independence, if you will.
The Security Council,

Believing declaration proposals to be, in and of itself, a currently meaningless form of legislation on the interregional stage,

Stating the established purpose of The Security Council as "spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary",

Realizing that there are already proposals within the Security Council that can:
  1. Commend a nation or region that stands as an example of Security Council standards and morals,
  2. Condemn a nation or region that violates peace or goodwill to discourage additional nations from following the standards set by the condemned nations or regions,
  3. Liberate a region from tyrannical rule or hostile invaders by force,

Proclaiming the need to further the legal work on declaration proposals and how they fit into this council's established purpose, including, but not limited to:
  1. Establishing categories of declarations with various established meanings and purposes,
  2. Establishing an accepted international precedent for what declaration proposals are for,

Noting that this piece of legislation is inherently paradoxical and cancels itself out, making any repeal attempt redundant, further proving the ambiguity of declaration proposals as they currently stand,

Hereby declares all declaration proposals unrefined and in need of more legal work.
Last edited by King Nephmir II on Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vegan Burgers
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 25, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Vegan Burgers » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:09 am

i would vote for this if it was in the WA and if i had the ability to vote there

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:50 pm

3b violation, but I assume the author knew that when they drafted it. One of the central concepts - that declarations should have standards accepted by all nations - could conceivably be incorporated into a legal Declaration, so I won't use the usual tool for such threads.

If you want to see Declarations changed vis a vis the mechanics, take it to Tech.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:56 pm

I was aware of the rule violation, however I also assumed that the declaration of universal standards was against the rules, now I wish to change it and potentially actually submit it... :p

Pentilsile
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Pentilsile » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:53 am

King Nephmir II wrote:A declaration of independence, if you will.
The Security Council,

Believing declaration proposals to be, in and of itself, a currently meaningless form of legislation on the interregional stage,

Stating the established purpose of The Security Council as "spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary",

Realizing that there are already proposals within the Security Council that can:
  1. Commend a nation or region that stands as an example of Security Council standards and morals,
  2. Condemn a nation or region that violates peace or goodwill to discourage additional nations from following the standards set by the condemned nations or regions,
  3. Liberate a region from tyrannical rule or hostile invaders by force,

Proclaiming the need to further the legal work on declaration proposals and how they fit into this council's established purpose, including, but not limited to:
  1. Establishing categories of declarations with various established meanings and purposes,
  2. Establishing an accepted international precedent for what declaration proposals are for,

Noting that this piece of legislation is inherently paradoxical and cancels itself out, making any repeal attempt redundant, further proving the ambiguity of declaration proposals as they currently stand,

Hereby declares all declaration proposals unrefined and in need of more legal work.

I see this as a great proposal, and I hope I can vote on it one day.

Return to Security Council