NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Mount Seymour

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Hulldom
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 468
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hulldom » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:51 am

Tinhampton wrote:I guess I can support this now.

But how did Somy help rebuild Jahkku? The fact he is so proud of it seems to indicate that his work there was incredibly important to/for the natives :P

Largely helping them to rebuild their RP and what not. I mentioned adding his service as Cartographer of Forest, but he asked me not to because he didn't think he had done enough for Forest. However, he did bring up this instance regarding Solidarity where he had taken an active interest in helping them to set up a new map and reset their RP.
Does not life’s fleeting dream also dream up there in space?
Views expressed not those of any region I'm involved in (especially TNP) unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Lenlyvit
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1054
Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Lenlyvit » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:46 am

Hulldom wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:I guess I can support this now.

But how did Somy help rebuild Jahkku? The fact he is so proud of it seems to indicate that his work there was incredibly important to/for the natives :P

Largely helping them to rebuild their RP and what not. I mentioned adding his service as Cartographer of Forest, but he asked me not to because he didn't think he had done enough for Forest. However, he did bring up this instance regarding Solidarity where he had taken an active interest in helping them to set up a new map and reset their RP.

The only thing about Jahkku though, is that it died. It didn't survive for very long after the days of Solidarity, and what natives that were left after the raid neglected the site. They may have survived longer on discord, but that would have been possible even without Sommy because of how discord is.

In my opinion, better examples of regions Sommy helped during Solidarity include Asiana and Coalition of Sovereign Nations. Both of those regions survived after Solidarity and are still around somewhat today because of Somyrion.
Former three time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 17 Security Council Resolutions.

User avatar
Hulldom
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 468
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hulldom » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:01 pm

Lenlyvit wrote:
Hulldom wrote:Largely helping them to rebuild their RP and what not. I mentioned adding his service as Cartographer of Forest, but he asked me not to because he didn't think he had done enough for Forest. However, he did bring up this instance regarding Solidarity where he had taken an active interest in helping them to set up a new map and reset their RP.

The only thing about Jahkku though, is that it died. It didn't survive for very long after the days of Solidarity, and what natives that were left after the raid neglected the site. They may have survived longer on discord, but that would have been possible even without Sommy because of how discord is.

In my opinion, better examples of regions Sommy helped during Solidarity include Asiana and Coalition of Sovereign Nations. Both of those regions survived after Solidarity and are still around somewhat today because of Somyrion.

Thanks for the info, Len! I'll reach out to Somy and see if he'd prefer those be mentioned instead.
Does not life’s fleeting dream also dream up there in space?
Views expressed not those of any region I'm involved in (especially TNP) unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Giovanniland
Diplomat
 
Posts: 664
Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Giovanniland » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:55 am

The Solidarity clause looks better now, though you say "rebuilding" twice and in quick succession. Perhaps something like "...assisting native communities with rebuilding their regions, for example Asiana and Coalition of Sovereign Nations;"?

Also, something that I apparently missed before but that caught my eye now, does "regional standard" mean "regional flag" in the clause about design? I think you can simply write regional flag there, otherwise it unnecessarily complicates the understanding of the clause.
Last edited by Giovanniland on Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giovanniland
Guardian of the West and Minister without Portfolio
Former Speaker of the Hall of Nations of TWP (x3)
Trading Card Collector (#1 for bank, briefly #1 for deck value)
WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373)

The Kingdom of Giovanniland - Giovannilandian Artwork Ministry - The Collection Collection Thread

User avatar
Hulldom
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 468
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hulldom » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:00 am

Giovanniland wrote:The Solidarity clause looks better now, though you say "rebuilding" twice and in quick succession. Perhaps something like "...assisting native communities with rebuilding their regions, for example Asiana and Coalition of Sovereign Nations;"?

Also, something that I apparently missed before but that caught my eye now, does "regional standard" mean "regional flag" in the clause about design? I think you can simply write regional flag there, otherwise it unnecessarily complicates the understanding of the clause.

Both done. Re: the first, I just changed the second “rebuilding”.

Otherwise, consider this one last good bump.
Does not life’s fleeting dream also dream up there in space?
Views expressed not those of any region I'm involved in (especially TNP) unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Hulldom
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 468
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hulldom » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:30 pm

Without much room to spare, and me being happy with where it was, this has been submitted.
Does not life’s fleeting dream also dream up there in space?
Views expressed not those of any region I'm involved in (especially TNP) unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Giovanniland
Diplomat
 
Posts: 664
Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Giovanniland » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:39 pm

Good luck! I'll be happy to support it at vote.
Giovanniland
Guardian of the West and Minister without Portfolio
Former Speaker of the Hall of Nations of TWP (x3)
Trading Card Collector (#1 for bank, briefly #1 for deck value)
WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373)

The Kingdom of Giovanniland - Giovannilandian Artwork Ministry - The Collection Collection Thread

User avatar
Hulldom
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 468
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hulldom » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:42 pm

Giovanniland wrote:Good luck! I'll be happy to support it at vote.

Thank you, Gio! :)
Does not life’s fleeting dream also dream up there in space?
Views expressed not those of any region I'm involved in (especially TNP) unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat
 
Posts: 536
Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:56 pm

Hulldom wrote:Without much room to spare, and me being happy with where it was, this has been submitted.
Aye! I'm excited to see this through! :clap:
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)


The Union of Democratic States

User avatar
Queen Yuno
Diplomat
 
Posts: 746
Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Queen Yuno » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:11 pm

I hope this passes!

This is about Somyrion. It took me a minute to recognize the nation name. This player is really amazing and also a very kind friend. Good luck.
Someday it is the women who rule the world instead of men as civilization advances.
I do free grammar checks! Telegram me for Discord!

"Vote early, vote often." -Pallaith
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Galiantus III wrote:


...is there a reason the logo for the anti-NPO New Year's jumpers looks like the butt and legs of a kneeling naked lady? :unsure:


Imperium Anglorum wrote:Lol badge hunting accusations against people who already have the badge. You don't get your whole page covered in badges when you pass more resolutions, you know.


Vancouvia wrote:
Vancouvia wrote:

Alright my bad I guess I'll check back in December 21st


No way

User avatar
Milorum
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Nov 29, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Milorum » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:17 am

Image
The Europeian Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote FOR the Security Council Resolution, "Commend Mount Seymour".
Its reasoning may be found here.

Greater Cesnica's Europeian nation.

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 3202
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:24 am

Have recommended a “For” vote to Dilber.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs. Currently Guardian and Security Council Advisor for The West Pacific.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

User avatar
Hulldom
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 468
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hulldom » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:54 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Have recommended a “For” vote to Dilber.

Thanks BBD! :D
Does not life’s fleeting dream also dream up there in space?
Views expressed not those of any region I'm involved in (especially TNP) unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Hulldom
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 468
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hulldom » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:07 am

This is now at vote.
Does not life’s fleeting dream also dream up there in space?
Views expressed not those of any region I'm involved in (especially TNP) unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Polomon Islands
Envoy
 
Posts: 315
Founded: Oct 06, 2021
Anarchy

Postby Polomon Islands » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:10 am

The Resolution is already at 96% Support with 2,000+ votes For.
Current Delegate for TOUN.
Friends With Papal States 2 and Wolomon Islands and Formerly Dungtoper

User avatar
Partnership for Sovereignty
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Jan 20, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Partnership for Sovereignty » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:39 pm

The Partnership for Sovereignty recommends a vote FOR "Commend Mount Seymour”: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1627419
The Partnership for Sovereignty
Self-determination, Regional Sovereignty, and Respect

Want drafting help or PfS notifications? Join our Discord!
Read about our Writers Corner resources

User avatar
Amerion
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 143
Founded: Mar 21, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Amerion » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:16 pm

Image

The South Pacific's World Assembly Delegation has cast the Coalition's vote FOR this proposed resolution, Commend Mount Seymour, and warmly encourages fellow member regions to vote FOR.

Image
Admiral Delegate General of the South Pacific

Unless otherwise stated, all posts are made in an individual capacity.

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13149
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:18 pm

Commendable nominee and the proposal is well-written. Support.
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
Roavin
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1149
Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Roavin » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:33 pm

I love seeing how this resolution is absolutely killing it in terms of support right now. 7517 vs 561 is amazing.
Roavinur face from the South Pacific

"Not to mention TSP are some democracy wankers
and democracy wanking is peak defender
" — Tim

NS Coders Discord | I am a LOLcat | Former First Warden of TGW | aka Curious Observations

User avatar
Chan Island
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5770
Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chan Island » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:32 am

One of the most deserved commendations in a long while, heartily supported.
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 3202
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:23 am

Roavin wrote:I love seeing how this resolution is absolutely killing it in terms of support right now. 7517 vs 561 is amazing.

Third time’s the charm it seems.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs. Currently Guardian and Security Council Advisor for The West Pacific.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

User avatar
Team Lennox
Envoy
 
Posts: 267
Founded: Feb 24, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Team Lennox » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:51 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
Roavin wrote:I love seeing how this resolution is absolutely killing it in terms of support right now. 7517 vs 561 is amazing.

Third time’s the charm it seems.

Yeah BBD, ur right like always!
HE/HIM. Use those pronouns! Do NOT assume my gender!


  • An American born citizen
  • A teenager doing teenage stuff (I guess)
  • A leftist (remind me to make a dispatch on my beliefs later)
  • A Christian with usually fundamentalists views (except for on the Patriarchist, (Bible wasn't a big thing on Gender equity) and LGBTQ+ rights, (Bible wasn't a big thing on that either) (Also the Mosaic law doesn't let us eat things like bacon and ham since in the Bible pigs are unclean animals. Like how am I to survive not eating bacon! >:( )





User avatar
Polomon Islands
Envoy
 
Posts: 315
Founded: Oct 06, 2021
Anarchy

Postby Polomon Islands » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:44 am

UPDATE FOR DAY 2.
92.0% Support For Commend Mount Seymour
8.0% Against
9,937 Votes For, While a Record Low of 864 are Against.
TOUN Votes - For = 5 Against = 1 (83.3% For)
Expected to hit 10,000 Votes For.
Current Delegate for TOUN.
Friends With Papal States 2 and Wolomon Islands and Formerly Dungtoper

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 3202
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:10 am

Polomon Islands wrote:UPDATE FOR DAY 2.
92.0% Support For Commend Mount Seymour
8.0% Against
9,937 Votes For, While a Record Low of 864 are Against.
TOUN Votes - For = 5 Against = 1 (83.3% For)
Expected to hit 10,000 Votes For.

We don’t need daily updates, it’s just spam what you’re posting.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs. Currently Guardian and Security Council Advisor for The West Pacific.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

User avatar
Setne
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Nov 16, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Setne » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:02 am

Image
In the name of the Creatopia Assembly Board, we vote FOR "SC : Commend Mount Seymour", we encourage members of the Assembly to vote for the commendation aswell.
As stated in the clauses of the resolution, and the personal observation of members of the board, we find Mount Seymour worthy of the acknowledgement from the Security Council and the World Assembly.
Last edited by Setne on Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legion Parthica

~> Delegate of Createmino Region
~> Former Delegate of Creatopia and Createminonia
~> Member of the Creatopia Assembly Board

The owner of this account, Setne, was first present in Nationstates at May 22, 2020, along with a batch of numerous members coming in from a different online community,
a total number of 56 different players from community were present at the time.
The Creatopia Assembly Board is the official name of the place where Nationstates players from Createmino gather for Nationstates
Discussions, which Setne has been a part of since its formation at May 19, 2020.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Barfleur, Sky Point

Advertisement

Remove ads