NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Repeal SC#246 "Liberate Nazi Europa"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:11 am

Tinhampton wrote: I am refraining from submitting this immediately solely so that the mods can carry out a legality check on the RECALLING clause - as is required of proposals citing rule violations.

Looks fine.

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:10 am

Giovanniland wrote:Since the region was mod-deleted and prevented from ever being refounded, there's no reason to repeal and give it any more attention. One can't claim the community uses the liberation as a badge of honor, since there's no community nor region to speak of anymore. All this will do is give fascists across NationStates - especially those previously residing in this region that may have joined other fascist ones since then - a platform to advertise their evil ideology, and nobody wants that.

Passing this would erase the resolution from existence. It will just mean you'll have the liberation and the repeal both on the books. Twice the amount of attention.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:20 am

Haganham wrote:
Giovanniland wrote:Since the region was mod-deleted and prevented from ever being refounded, there's no reason to repeal and give it any more attention. One can't claim the community uses the liberation as a badge of honor, since there's no community nor region to speak of anymore. All this will do is give fascists across NationStates - especially those previously residing in this region that may have joined other fascist ones since then - a platform to advertise their evil ideology, and nobody wants that.

Passing this would erase the resolution from existence. It will just mean you'll have the liberation and the repeal both on the books. Twice the amount of attention.

But why on earth should there be a liberation for a non-existent region? It's useless! It makes no sense.
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:31 am

Haganham wrote:

How many people were complaining back in 2009 and the early 2010s that the old NAZI EUROPE got six doses of "attention" from the SC (two Condemnations, one Liberation, and three repeals) - all of this before Evil Wolf got the password? :P

Sedgistan wrote:
Tinhampton wrote: I am refraining from submitting this immediately solely so that the mods can carry out a legality check on the RECALLING clause - as is required of proposals citing rule violations.

Looks fine.

Cheers - will submit at 5pm BST on Tuesday 7th September.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:41 am

Tinhampton wrote:How many people were complaining back in 2009 and the early 2010s that the old NAZI EUROPE got six doses of "attention" from the SC (two Condemnations, one Liberation, and three repeals) - all of this before Evil Wolf got the password? :P

Ignoring the context of how condemnations were perceived in 2010, certainly fewer than are around to vote on the topic this time around.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:44 am

Tinhampton wrote:How many people were complaining back in 2009 and the early 2010s that the old NAZI EUROPE got six doses of "attention" from the SC (two Condemnations, one Liberation, and three repeals) - all of this before Evil Wolf got the password? :P

Really? Everyone should know that the 2009 SC was very different from the 2021 SC - not only did people care less about fascists and Nazis getting attention, but also very few of the resolutions passed then would likely pass today.
Last edited by Giovanniland on Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Giovanniland

51st Delegate of the West Pacific
Former TWP Speaker of the Hall (x3), Guardian and Minister of Foreign Affairs

WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373, SC#377)
Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:13 pm

Giovanniland wrote:

Really? Everyone should know that the 2009 SC was very different from the 2021 SC - not only did people care less about fascists and Nazis getting attention, but also very few of the resolutions passed then would likely pass today.

1. SC#3 was so bad that even its author, TannerFrankLand/Daynor/Topid, tried to repeal it (without success). AMOM only struck it out late the following year after writing a replacement, SC#37.

2. AMOM's Condemnation was repealed in 2014 by SC#152, which passed by a 3-to-2 margin. I reproduce its text here:
    The Security Council,

Acknowledging that the region known as Nazi Europe attempted to destroy many regions throughout its history,

Understanding that Nazi Europe was condemned for those attempts by the Security Council,

Accepting, however, that the nations responsible for most of the condemned actions, such as Laos refugees, oh my days, and "The New Aryan People" have since been conquered and ceased to operate as independent governments,

Knowing that Nazi Europe had its dictatorial regime removed from power by a combined force of regions and organizations including The North Pacific, The United Imperial Armed Forces of The New Inquisition, The Land of Kings and Emperors and Albion and The Imperial Sovereign Realms Army of Osiris and Balder,

Acknowledging the assistance of regions and organizations such as Equilism, Europeia, The East Pacific, Lone Wolves United, The Black Hawks, The Red Fleet, Unknown, The Kingdom of Great Britain, Sicarius, Mazeria, The MT Army, Kantrias and North Korea.

Believing that the conquering of Nazi Europe by the coalition of forces listed above has eliminated it as a threat to the world,

Recognizing that Nazi Europe is no longer deserving of any attention from this esteemed body, even in the form of a condemnation,

Hereby repeals SC#37 "Condemn Nazi Europe."

The SC#37 repeal thread indicates that some - although nowhere near as many as 2021 - were opposed on grounds of attention. Many more were opposed on the grounds that the resolution ought to be kept as a historical record (and, as I've said, this repeal will not magically vaporise Liberate NE from existence).

3. Liberate NAZI EUROPE - 2013 model - was "drafted with input from every GCR delegate" (according to Mad Jack, Osiris' then-Delegate). Anime Daisuki of XKI, then the world's most powerful Delegate, was opposed on the grounds that it was the third proposal in six months to have been targeted at NE! It got about two-thirds support anyway - although that figure was closer to 78% after a day of voting.

The Liberation repeal was opposed by at least six GCR delegates. It got about 55.5% support anyway.
There have been many defeated resolutions about NAZI EUROPE. I do not include those above.

The objective of Lanav's Liberation - to render Nazi Europa "vulnerable" with a view to its destruction - has been accomplished. This is because NE no longer exists, and can no longer exist in any form. His mission has been accomplished; all the SC has to do is officially confirm it at vote.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:28 pm

Tinhampton wrote:-snip-

Your comment just confirms the fact that Nazi Europa/Europe has already been given a lot more attention than it deserves, although that's of course partly due to the fact they were more active during the SC's early days, and that Condemnations were not seen the same way as they are today.

But now, the region was deleted by mods earlier this year. So let it be forgotten and confined to the history books, as many other fascist and Nazi regions have rightfully also been relegated to.
Last edited by Giovanniland on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:45 pm

Giovanniland wrote:...the region was deleted by mods earlier this year. So let it be forgotten and confined to the history books, as many other fascist and Nazi regions have rightfully also been relegated to.

The condemnations of NAZI EUROPE and The Greater German Reich, both Nazi regions, were repealed after their invasions in 2014 and 2015 respectively; there is no reason why Liberate NE should not be repealed in 2021, after its irreversible and spontaneous destruction. (I have taken great care not to actually mention NE in the proposal text, as you can see.) Besides, passing a repeal now makes it impossible for people to keep on hashing together repeal after repeal after repeal well into the 2020s - the much-vaunted and possibly much-feared Attention(tm)! :P

You asserted earlier that "very few of the resolutions passed then [concerning NAZI EUROPE] would likely pass today;" I would further note that even TNP believed in 2018 that Liberate Nazi Europa was "poorly written."
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hulldom
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hulldom » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:59 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Giovanniland wrote:...the region was deleted by mods earlier this year. So let it be forgotten and confined to the history books, as many other fascist and Nazi regions have rightfully also been relegated to.

The condemnations of NAZI EUROPE and The Greater German Reich, both Nazi regions, were repealed after their invasions in 2014 and 2015 respectively; there is no reason why Liberate NE should not be repealed in 2021, after its irreversible and spontaneous destruction. (I have taken great care not to actually mention NE in the proposal text, as you can see.) Besides, passing a repeal now makes it impossible for people to keep on hashing together repeal after repeal after repeal well into the 2020s - the much-vaunted and possibly much-feared Attention(tm)! :P

You asserted earlier that "very few of the resolutions passed then [concerning NAZI EUROPE] would likely pass today;" I would further note that even TNP believed in 2018 that Liberate Nazi Europa was "poorly written."

How many people who served in the Ministry are still active, contributing members? Because I would take a guess that the number of staffers in common with that period and now hovers around a half-dozen, if that. Contributing members? Well, I know who's contributing and contributed and I would hazard a guess that number is very probably zero or at most one.

Also, silly little gotchas about what we said in 2018 would be well more effective if they didn't conveniently leave out that we still recommended For then because:
"...the statement made by this proposal is clear and provides the community with a way to strike back against those who hold such hateful and bigoted ideologies."

For what it's worth, I will be recommending Against on this to whoever occupies the in-game Seat at that point and will be issuing an Against recommendation.

It's really time to stop playing footsie with well less than desirable people and treating them with kid gloves. That's all this proposal does and all proposals to repeal liberations of fascist regions will ever do.
...And I feel like I'm clinging to a cloud!

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:05 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Besides, passing a repeal now makes it impossible for people to keep on hashing together repeal after repeal after repeal well into the 2020s - the much-vaunted and possibly much-feared Attention(tm)! :P

Actually, this is a good point. Even if Tinhampton does not propose a repeal, there will be draft after draft over the years of people trying to repeal this low hanging fruit like with SC#1 and SC#53, giving more attention that this quick repeal would. I will support getting this done and over with.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Debussy
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Debussy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:45 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Besides, passing a repeal now makes it impossible for people to keep on hashing together repeal after repeal after repeal well into the 2020s - the much-vaunted and possibly much-feared Attention(tm)! :P

Actually, this is a good point. Even if Tinhampton does not propose a repeal, there will be draft after draft over the years of people trying to repeal this low hanging fruit like with SC#1 and SC#53, giving more attention that this quick repeal would. I will support getting this done and over with.

I'm all for this.

This "given attention argument" is not well thought out, specially given the great point here provided by Melons. If their ideology sponsors enough attention to spur on anything of importance, it will be wiped off the map by the mods. Let's trim this tree and cut off the low hanging branches. It makes for a healthier tree.

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:52 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:

This was the same grounds the last Repeal Liberate CCD was launched on. That didn't really work out.

Debussy
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Debussy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:54 pm

Refuge Isle wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:

This was the same grounds the last Repeal Liberate CCD was launched on. That didn't really work out.

Try, try and try again. I assume you don't agree with that line of thought?
Last edited by Debussy on Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nepleslia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Nepleslia » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:50 pm

Debussy wrote:
Refuge Isle wrote:This was the same grounds the last Repeal Liberate CCD was launched on. That didn't really work out.

Try, try and try again. I assume you don't agree with that line of thought?

There’s a term for when you try the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:03 pm

Refuge Isle wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:

Wasn’t the reason the last attempt at that failed that it coincided with the info about the attempted TNP coup coming out?
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:17 pm

Morover wrote:
Refuge Isle wrote:This was the same grounds the last Repeal Liberate CCD was launched on. That didn't really work out.

Wasn’t the reason the last attempt at that failed that it coincided with the info about the attempted TNP coup coming out?

January '20. Kaboom's resubmission in November '20 was in queue for a while but was hit with a successful countercampaign by ShrewLlamaLand. Jocospor's submission in January '21 was hit with a countercampaign so successful (not least to mention several pre-emptive replacement drafts) that it never looked like making quorum :P
Last edited by Tinhampton on Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Outer Sparta
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:19 pm

Debussy wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:

I'm all for this.

This "given attention argument" is not well thought out, specially given the great point here provided by Melons. If their ideology sponsors enough attention to spur on anything of importance, it will be wiped off the map by the mods. Let's trim this tree and cut off the low hanging branches. It makes for a healthier tree.

Yep, I'd be willing to support it and just get it out of the way. Nazi Europa, like the other Nazi regions, have been nuked by the mods and therefore no longer exists.
Free Palestine, stop the genocide in Gaza

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:15 am

Refuge Isle wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:

Agreed. I remain unconvinced by the proposal and will vote against if this reaches the floor.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:46 pm

Since this resolution would hypothetically allow the natives of Nazi Europa to reimpose password-protections on their regions if they or the region still existed and would therefore make it less vulnerable to hypothetical raids (once again, if the region existed or could exist) I would oppose this if it came to vote.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Toerana
Envoy

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Toerana » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:53 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:Since this resolution would hypothetically allow the natives of Nazi Europa to reimpose password-protections on their regions if they or the region still existed and would therefore make it less vulnerable to hypothetical raids (once again, if the region existed or could exist) I would oppose this if it came to vote.

Since the game rules change the refounding of Nazi Europa is a non factor - It's against game rules to found the region so whether they can password their soon to be deleted region or not really isn't relevant. Passwords don't stop mod deletions.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:23 pm

Toerana wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:Since this resolution would hypothetically allow the natives of Nazi Europa to reimpose password-protections on their regions if they or the region still existed and would therefore make it less vulnerable to hypothetical raids (once again, if the region existed or could exist) I would oppose this if it came to vote.

Since the game rules change the refounding of Nazi Europa is a non factor - It's against game rules to found the region so whether they can password their soon to be deleted region or not really isn't relevant. Passwords don't stop mod deletions.

I know, but in the hypothetical situation where the region existed or was capable of existing, it would be allowed to be passworded with the passage of this resolution, therefore I oppose.
Last edited by The North Polish Union on Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:53 pm

And how do we know that it won't be refounded by the MT Army as one of their perpetual museums against hate when the opportunity arises, for example?

Toerana
Envoy

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Toerana » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:28 pm

Tinhampton wrote:And how do we know that it won't be refounded by the MT Army as one of their perpetual museums against hate when the opportunity arises, for example?

This.

There are an awful lot of hypothetical out there, we can't hope to legislate to cover them all.

For the foreseeable future, game rules will prevent Nazi Europa from being refounded, this resolution is not going to see a sudden return and growth of a region since that region can no longer exist.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:34 pm

No reason to repeal it, and it's rather arrogant of you to assume that no one will have constructive feedback on the text.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives