NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Maowi

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Hulldom
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

[PASSED] Commend Maowi

Postby Hulldom » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:39 pm

Hello, SCers, I understand I may not have the best relationship with the SC Community from my last foray here, but here's hoping we can let bygones be bygones and work together to get this excellent nation commended!

My thanks to the many pairs of eyes who commented on this draft after the first was completed--You know who you are!

Commend Maowi

Commendation | Nominee: Maowi

The Security Council,

Recognizing public service and the World Assembly as avenues for contribution to the multiverse for nations, and that first and foremost among these bureaucrats who lack recognition in the wider community is Maowi;

Admiring Maowi's service to Europeia through their diligent and well enumerated recruitment efforts, serving as Minister of Recruitment following the untimely departure of the Minister while Maowi was in a position to answer the call to serve, and creating a tournament for members of the region based on their recruitment activities, thus bolstering Europeia's recruiting prowess;

Celebrating Maowi’s stellar leadership of the Ministry of Communications, where they reintroduced the column system of organising articles, fostered long-term success, and produced an impressive number of articles, including ones popularising the World Assembly;

Recalling fondly that their service revolutionized the World Assembly Affairs Ministry in Europeia during their tenures in office through:
  1. Their reinvention of the World Assembly 101 program with Imperium Anglorum, which brought information on the conduct of the World Assembly to interested members of the multiversal community,
  2. Their mentorship of several future World Assembly Affairs Ministers such as Ouardeheya, Mancheseva City, and Pland Adanna, ensuring the program could continue at a high level of excellence following their departure, and
  3. Their introduction of discussions of World Assembly resolutions within the ministry, thus improving the degree of awareness about the World Assembly among interested parties in the region;
Saluting the efforts of Maowi in the WA as led by Dr. Feargal Yurilevich and the Maowese delegation, as they have contributed immensely to the conduct of international law through such resolutions as:
  1. [resolution=GA#457]GA #457: Defending The Rights of Sexual and Gender Minorities[/resolution], which protected the right of same gender partnerships to marry, established the principle of non-discrimination under the law on the basis of gender or sexuality, and affirmed the right of the citizens of member states to identify with whatever gender they so choose,
  2. [resolution=GA#489]GA #489: Ethical Treatment of Animals in Research[/resolution], which ensured that animal experimentation was drastically reduced in member states and that the last vestiges of this practice were as humane as possible,
  3. [resolution=GA#537]GA #537: Right to Assemble[/resolution], which continued to ensure that citizens of member states maintained the right to peaceful protest;
Acknowledging too that the many-sided genius of Maowi further extends to assisting other nations with their own endeavors in the World Assembly, demonstrated by Maowi's invaluable assistance with and co-authorship of:
  1. [resolution=SC#341]SC #341: Commend King HEM[/resolution] which honoured the founder of Europeia, recognizing their service to it, The Land of Kings and Emperors, and The South Pacific,
  2. [resolution=SC#349]SC #349: Commend Marrabuk[/resolution] which recognized a lauded figure in the history of the East Pacific, noting their contributions to that region's Government and Foreign Affairs and in countering the coup of Fedele; and

Appreciating Maowi's contributions to South Pacific (SP) wherein they successfully led the Mission to the World Assembly, collecting data on SP's votes in the World Assembly and performing tasks critical to ensuring that region members were informed consumers of and voters on the World Assembly's resolutions by disseminating, and providing an informed opinion on, proposals to national leaders in that region;

Believing that Maowi's contributions to Sky Haven are also significant, such as their service as an Octarchon, assisting the founder in the initial proceedings of the community, and later service as Majordomo, or the Chief Executive, in Sky Haven's first Government; and

Noting that while the motto of the Maowese may be "Lethargy, Languor, and Laziness!", they have embodied none of these and that as a result, they are a people which all nations would be better off emulating;

Hereby Commends Maowi.

Co-authored by Orca and Narwhal and Mancheseva City.

Commend Maowi

Commendation | Nominee: Maowi

The Security Council,

Recognizing that public service is one avenue for contribution to the multiverse for nations and that first and foremost among those servants who have not received recognition in the wider community is Maowi;

Admiring Maowi's service to Europeia through their recruitment efforts, such as sending an astounding 24,307 manual recruitment missives on their own to new nations in order to attract them to Europeia and their stabilizing tenure as Minister of Recruitment following the untimely departure of the leader of this ministry while Maowi was in a position to answer the call to serve;

Amazed at Maowi’s stellar leadership of the Ministry of Communications, where they reintroduced the column system of organising articles and staff, leading to many successful terms by future ministers, and produced a number of articles, including ones popularising the World Assembly;

Knowing that their service revolutionized the World Assembly Affairs Ministry in Europeia during their tenures in office through:
  1. Alongside Imperium Anglorum, the reinvention of the World Assembly 101 program, proofreading large sections and crafting review questions for consumers of it, this program helped to inform interested new members of the community of the conduct of the World Assembly,
  2. The investment of significant time and energy into several prominent Europeians who would later go on to hold various positions, such as Ouardeheya, a future Minister of Communications and Founder of Sky Haven, and Mancheseva City, a future Minister of World Assembly, and
  3. The introduction of discussions of World Assembly resolutions within the ministry which significantly improved the degree of awareness about the World Assembly among staff;

Believing that the efforts of Maowi in the WA as led by Dr. Feargal Yurilevich and the Maowese delegation has contributed immensely to the conduct of international law through such resolutions as:
  1. [resolution=GA#489]GA #489: Ethical Treatment of Animals in Research[/resolution] which ensured that animal experimentation was drastically reduced in member states and that the last vestiges of this practice were as humane as possible,
  2. [resolution=GA#457]GA #457: Defending The Rights of Sexual and Gender Minorities[/resolution] which protected the right of same gender partnerships to marry, established the principle of non-discrimination under the law on the basis of gender or sexuality, and affirmed the right of the citizens of member states to identify with whatever gender they so choose,
  3. [resolution=GA#537]GA #537: Right to Assemble[/resolution] which ensured that citizens of member states maintained the right to peaceful protest following the Maowese delegation's successful repeal of the previous resolution guaranteeing such a right with the delegation from Wymondham;

Judging too that the many-sided genius of Maowi further extends to the realm of assisting other nations with their own endeavors in the World Assembly, demonstrated by Maowi's invaluable assistance with and co-authorship of:
  1. [resolution=SC#349]SC #349: Commend Marrabuk[/resolution] which recognized a lauded figure in the history of the East Pacific both in their contributions to that region's Government and Foreign Affairs and in their leadership in countering the coup of Fedele; and
  2. [resolution=GA#536]GA #536: Repeal: “Freedom of Assembly”[/resolution] which repealed a fatally flawed resolution which, while protecting a fundamental freedom, gave citizens of member states an ability to commit heinous acts on the grounds that preventing it would abrogate a freedom of assembly;
  3. [resolution=SC#41]SC #341: Commend King HEM[/resolution] which honoured the founder of Europeia and an all-around legendary nation;

Acknowledging that Maowi's contributions can further be judged by their service to South Pacific wherein they led the Mission to the World Assembly, which entailed their efforts to collect data on SP's votes in the WA while also performing tasks critical to ensuring that the nations of said region were informed consumers of and voters on the World Assembly's missives;

Believing that Maowi's contributions to Sky Haven are also significant as they served as an Octarchon in that region, assisting the founder to set it up and build a community, and that they later answered the call to serve as Majordomo, or the Chief Executive, in Sky Haven's first Government;

Noting that while their motto may be "Lethargy, Languor, and Laziness!" that the Maowese have embodied none of these qualities during their time serving the multiverse; and are a people which all nations would be better off emulating;

Hereby Commends Maowi.

Co-authored by Orca and Narwhal and Mancheseva City.
Last edited by Hulldom on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:05 am, edited 47 times in total.
...And I feel like I'm clinging to a cloud!

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:43 pm

For those curious, with BBCode, the current proposal is right scraping 5,000: 4,998 4,997 4,991.
Last edited by Hulldom on Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sincluda
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sincluda » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:00 pm

Yes yes yes!
Suggestions coming at some point.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:02 pm

I would support this proposal even if it contained nothing more than the lyrics to The Logical Song.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:03 pm

Sincluda wrote:Yes yes yes!
Suggestions coming at some point.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Tinhampton wrote:I would support this proposal even if it contained nothing more than the lyrics to The Logical Song.

I don't know, I think if we could somehow get the first letters of the main clauses to read SLOTHBEE, I think I'd try to double up my vote. :P

Guess and Check
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Guess and Check » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:16 pm

Based. Solid draft.

I do have feedback, and I can see you're at the character limit, so take what you will.

Admiring Maowi's service to Europeia through their recruitment efforts, such as sending an astounding 24,307 recruitment missives on their own to new nations in order to attract them to Europeia;

Appreciating Maowi’s stabilizing tenure as Minister of Recruitment following the untimely departure of the leader of this ministry while Maowi was in a position to answer the call to serve;
If your proposal had less characters, I would suggest elaborating on the second clause. As it is, I would strike the second clause and add smth like "or when Maowi took over and stabilized the Ministry of Recruitment after its former Minister resigned."

Or you can keep both clauses in, but it makes more sense to merge them imo.

Amazed at Maowi’s stellar leadership of the Ministry of Communications, where they reintroduced the column system of organising articles and staff, leading to many successful terms by future ministers, and produced an impressive number of articles, including ones popularising the World Assembly;
I'm not exactly sure why reformatting could have made such an effect for future Ministers of Communication, because I do not know what "the column system" means in this context and I presume the average non-Europeian wouldn't as well.

Could also consider slapping on a number for the articles Maowi has written, if you think the number is impressive enough to warrant direct mentioning.

Knowing that their service revolutionized the World Assembly Affairs Ministry in Europeia during their tenures in office through:
Alongside Imperium Anglorum, the reinvention of the World Assembly 101 program, which sought to inform interested new members of the community as to the conduct of the World Assembly,
The investment of significant time and energy into several prominent Europeians who would later hold rise to the role of World Assembly Affairs Minister, such as Ouardeheya, a future Minister of Communications and Founder of Sky Haven, and Mancheseva City, and
The introduction of discussions of World Assembly resolutions within the ministry which significantly improved the degree of awareness about the World Assembly among staff;
Maybe mention the number of tenures in office if possible?

For the first bullet, I would say what impact Maowi had on the program, aka a brief sentence clause on how they reinvented it, would be best.

Second bullet has a bit of fluff for Ouradehya. While it's great that they served as MoC and founded Sky Haven (and are a very based person <3), it isn't relevant to the fact that Maowi would help them become MoWAA. I would thus suggest removing that specific phrase of "MoC and Sky Haven founder" and using those characters elsewhere, or changing the focus from Maowi prepping them to be MoWAA to Maowi training them in general NS matters.

Believing that Maowi's contributions to Sky Haven are also significant as they served as an Octarchon in that region, assisting the founder to set it up and build a community, and that they later answered the call to serve as Majordomo, or the Chief Executive, in Sky Haven's first Government;
It's not clear what an "Octarchon" is, so that should be clarified or removed.

Noting that while their motto may be "Lethargy, Languor, and Laziness!" that Maowi has embodied none of these qualities during their time serving the multiverse; and

Saluting the October Revolution and the return of Maowi to the rule of the native Maowese, a people which all nations would be better off emulating;
In a proposal which has limited characters and could be improved in some areas, I think this is a tiny bit too much fluff at the end. Would recommend just cutting the second clause and fixing the first, but up to you :p
Last edited by Guess and Check on Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just the weirdo known as Zukchiva Spartan Yura.
Guessing is fine if you don't know the answer!
"Are you ok zuk" - Halley
“Posts a wall of text, mentions he can elaborate more. Classic Zuk.”- Bach
“who the fuck is zukchiva lol”- Virgolia
“note to self: zuk is a traitor who must be silenced”- Atlae
“I vote that Zukchiva is kicked off the island”- Algerstonia
"everyone ban zuk"- AMOM
"i've come to the conclusion that zuk cannot pronounce words"- Euricanis
"no we blame zuk for everything now"- Catiania
"zuk is just an idiot" - Vor
"Zuk is absolutely a failure" - Vara
"Zuk's been made illegal? pog" - Boro

Proud member of The East Pacific, The Union of Democratic States, and Refugia!

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:21 pm

Guess and Check wrote:Based. Solid draft.

I do have feedback, and I can see you're at the character limit, so take what you will.

Admiring Maowi's service to Europeia through their recruitment efforts, such as sending an astounding 24,307 recruitment missives on their own to new nations in order to attract them to Europeia;

Appreciating Maowi’s stabilizing tenure as Minister of Recruitment following the untimely departure of the leader of this ministry while Maowi was in a position to answer the call to serve;
If your proposal had less characters, I would suggest elaborating on the second clause. As it is, I would strike the second clause and add smth like "or when Maowi took over and stabilized the Ministry of Recruitment after its former Minister resigned."

Or you can keep both clauses in, but it makes more sense to merge them imo.

Amazed at Maowi’s stellar leadership of the Ministry of Communications, where they reintroduced the column system of organising articles and staff, leading to many successful terms by future ministers, and produced an impressive number of articles, including ones popularising the World Assembly;
I'm not exactly sure why reformatting could have made such an effect for future Ministers of Communication, because I do not know what "the column system" means in this context and I presume the average non-Europeian wouldn't as well.

Could also consider slapping on a number for the articles Maowi has written, if you think the number is impressive enough to warrant direct mentioning.

Alongside Imperium Anglorum, the reinvention of the World Assembly 101 program, which sought to inform interested new members of the community as to the conduct of the World Assembly,
The investment of significant time and energy into several prominent Europeians who would later hold rise to the role of World Assembly Affairs Minister, such as Ouardeheya, a future Minister of Communications and Founder of Sky Haven, and Mancheseva City, and
The introduction of discussions of World Assembly resolutions within the ministry which significantly improved the degree of awareness about the World Assembly among staff;
Maybe mention the number of tenures in office if possible?

For the first bullet, I would say what impact Maowi had on the program, aka a brief sentence clause on how they reinvented it, would be best.

Second bullet has a bit of fluff for Ouradehya. While it's great that they served as MoC and founded Sky Haven (and are a very based person <3), it isn't relevant to the fact that Maowi would help them become MoWAA. I would thus suggest removing that specific phrase of "MoC and Sky Haven founder" and using those characters elsewhere, or changing the focus from Maowi prepping them to be MoWAA to Maowi training them in general NS matters.

It's not clear what an "Octarchon" is, so that should be clarified or removed.

Noting that while their motto may be "Lethargy, Languor, and Laziness!" that Maowi has embodied none of these qualities during their time serving the multiverse; and

Saluting the October Revolution and the return of Maowi to the rule of the native Maowese, a people which all nations would be better off emulating;
In a proposal which has limited characters and could be improved in some areas, I think this is a tiny bit too much fluff at the end. Would recommend just cutting the second clause and fixing the first, but up to you :p

Mostly fixed! I want to keep the last two clauses and will also keep the Octarchon thing (it's a title for the founders of the region). Will have to confer with IA or someone more knowledgable re: WA 101.

Edit: Done!

Edit 2: Had to do some re-wording and re-editing in order to work it back under the character limit so those two clauses were collapsed.
Last edited by Hulldom on Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:32 pm

Hulldom wrote:For those curious, with BBCode, the current proposal is right scraping 5,000: 4,998 4,997.

Counting linebreaks as two characters, I see your draft as being 5,050 characters. You will likely be unable to submit this draft as written.

Admiring Maowi's service to Europeia through their recruitment efforts, such as sending an astounding 24,307 recruitment missives on their own to new nations in order to attract them to Europeia and their stabilizing tenure as Minister of Recruitment following the untimely departure of the leader of this ministry while Maowi was in a position to answer the call to serve;

It is unclear to me if 24,000 is a particularly commendable number of telegrams. If all were delivered manually, that is a significant amount of time investment, but if not it doesn't take much to get 24k stamps. I'm not familiar with the Ministry of Recruitment, but on a surface read, it seems like this is within the expectations of that office.

Your link to Sky Haven is a nation link instead of a region link.

Might have more feedback when I have more time

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:37 pm

Refuge Isle wrote:
Hulldom wrote:For those curious, with BBCode, the current proposal is right scraping 5,000: 4,998 4,997.

Counting linebreaks as two characters, I see your draft as being 5,050 characters. You will likely be unable to submit this draft as written.

Admiring Maowi's service to Europeia through their recruitment efforts, such as sending an astounding 24,307 recruitment missives on their own to new nations in order to attract them to Europeia and their stabilizing tenure as Minister of Recruitment following the untimely departure of the leader of this ministry while Maowi was in a position to answer the call to serve;

It is unclear to me if 24,000 is a particularly commendable number of telegrams. If all were delivered manually, that is a significant amount of time investment, but if not it doesn't take much to get 24k stamps. I'm not familiar with the Ministry of Recruitment, but on a surface read, it seems like this is within the expectations of that office.

Your link to Sky Haven is a nation link instead of a region link.

Might have more feedback when I have more time

Maowi informed me that her tenure as Minister of Recruitment was only 18 days after the previous person was IC banned from the region. And it wasn't stamps, it was manual, I can make that clear.

As for the line breaks thing, the character count is coming from Google Docs.

Edit: Many thanks to Morover who served as yet another critical pair of eyes (shoutout to GC, Calvin, Westinor, Jedinsto, and anyone else who looked at this last night). The character count issues should be much improved!
Last edited by Hulldom on Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:17 pm

4,968 now, from where I'm stood, though if you really need 30 more characters here's a version with single-character line breaks: (EDIT: lmao, posting automatically changes linebreaks to \r\n, even if you've only typed \n... :blink: )

I also think numbering (even ballpark) her recruitment TG efforts seems odd, mostly because it creates an implication that there's a specific numerical target for "commendable recruiting". Is it not enough to just say she diligently manually recruited for a significant period of time?
Last edited by SherpDaWerp on Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Pland Adanna
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 18, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pland Adanna » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:24 pm

Full, enthusiastic support for the nominee!!

Maowi is definitely someone I consider a mentor in the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs and I would certainly not be as active there without her. I'm glad to see this being worked on and I will wholeheartedly support it when it comes to a vote.

The Python
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 24, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Python » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:32 pm

Okay, looks well written and the nominee is commendable. Full support for now (excluding Europeia bad).

Hulldom wrote:[resolution=SC#341]SC #341: Commend King HEM[/resolution] which honoured the founder of Europeia, recognizing their service to that region and their service to The Land of Kings and Emperors and The South Pacific,

IMPERIALIST EWW NO :P Also if you really want to keep this you should merge it with the Europeia clause, or at least connect this and their service to Europeia.
Last edited by The Python on Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See more information here.

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:36 pm

Related to Python's comment, "that region" comes off weirdly. Just say "their service to it as well as the South Pacific and The Land of Kings and Emperors."
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:38 pm

:shock: I tried to annotate this and saw immediately why this is over the character limit. This is very unpleasant to read; simpler is better. Put down the thesaurus and pick up a machete because you need to start chopping words.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:48 pm

The Unified Missourtama States wrote::shock: I tried to annotate this and saw immediately why this is over the character limit. This is very unpleasant to read; simpler is better. Put down the thesaurus and pick up a machete because you need to start chopping words.

Morover helped with this last night. It should be under the limit.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:58 pm

Hulldom wrote:
The Unified Missourtama States wrote::shock: I tried to annotate this and saw immediately why this is over the character limit. This is very unpleasant to read; simpler is better. Put down the thesaurus and pick up a machete because you need to start chopping words.

Morover helped with this last night. It should be under the limit.

I don't care whether it is under the limit. It has way too many words. Instead of thinking about Maowi I'm constructing your metaphors and trying to remember what a "missive" is. Tone is inconsistent, at one point Maowi is a protector of the peace and at another she is a used car salesman.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:04 pm

Looks nice at first sight, though I do agree you can and should cut some words here and there, so you have space to expand on the existing clauses with feedback that people give. Support in principle.

The Python wrote:
Hulldom wrote:[resolution=SC#341]SC #341: Commend King HEM[/resolution] which honoured the founder of Europeia, recognizing their service to that region and their service to The Land of Kings and Emperors and The South Pacific,

IMPERIALIST EWW NO :P Also if you really want to keep this you should merge it with the Europeia clause, or at least connect this and their service to Europeia.

Commend King HEM has a full clause about their contributions to the LKE. Regardless of what people think about the region, it's set in stone already in the resolution, so I see absolutely no reason to remove it.
Last edited by Giovanniland on Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Kingdom of Giovanniland

51st Delegate of the West Pacific
Former TWP Speaker of the Hall (x3), Guardian and Minister of Foreign Affairs

WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373, SC#377)
Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:27 pm

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:
Hulldom wrote:Morover helped with this last night. It should be under the limit.

I don't care whether it is under the limit. It has way too many words. Instead of thinking about Maowi I'm constructing your metaphors and trying to remember what a "missive" is. Tone is inconsistent, at one point Maowi is a protector of the peace and at another she is a used car salesman.

I can understand the comment on tone - I don't think it's as bad as you claim, but there are some minor inconsistencies. I also think "missives" works here, and in fact is fewer characters than the obvious alternative of "telegrams".

My critique of this that I think would reduce a lot of clutter (that the author decided against, which is their own prerogative) is regarding the supplementary mention of nations - in many cases, they're tangentially related at best and don't really add anything of substance, in my opinion.
Last edited by Morover on Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:50 pm

Morover wrote:I also think "missives" works here, and in fact is fewer characters than the obvious alternative of "telegrams".

I don't care about character count, I care about ease of understanding; everyone on this site should immediately know what a telegram is, unlike a missive (which I had to google to be sure of definition).

It should always be a primary goal in communication to reduce clutter. I very much like Maowi, however, if the author will not make the proposal readable I will not vote for.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:07 pm

Giovanniland wrote:Looks nice at first sight, though I do agree you can and should cut some words here and there, so you have space to expand on the existing clauses with feedback that people give. Support in principle.

The Python wrote:IMPERIALIST EWW NO :P Also if you really want to keep this you should merge it with the Europeia clause, or at least connect this and their service to Europeia.

Commend King HEM has a full clause about their contributions to the LKE. Regardless of what people think about the region, it's set in stone already in the resolution, so I see absolutely no reason to remove it.

That’s the point of including it. It’s a summary, if it weren’t included, I wouldn’t include it.

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:30 am

Bump?

Zukchiva
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Zukchiva » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:22 pm

Amazed at Maowi’s stellar leadership of the Ministry of Communications, where they reintroduced the column system of organising articles and staff, fostering long-term success, and produced an impressive number of articles, including ones popularising the World Assembly;
I am nitpicking, but this "column system" still remains unclear.

But honestly either way, this is a solid draft. I have no further feedback as of now.
My name is Zukchiva Spartan Yura.
I'm a goose! Give me your bells!
"Are you ok zuk" - Halley
“Posts a wall of text, mentions he can elaborate more. Classic Zuk.”- Bach
“who the fuck is zukchiva lol”- Virgolia
“note to self: zuk is a traitor who must be silenced”- Atlae
“I vote that Zukchiva is kicked off the island”- Algerstonia
"everyone ban zuk"- AMOM
"i've come to the conclusion that zuk cannot pronounce words"- Euricanis
"no we blame zuk for everything now"- Catiania
"zuk is just an idiot" - Vor
"Zuk is absolutely a failure" - Vara
"Zuk's been made illegal? pog" - Boro

Proud member of The East Pacific, The Union of Democratic States, and Refugia!

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:31 pm

Hulldom wrote:Recognizing public service and the World Assembly as avenues for contribution to the multiverse for nations, and that first and foremost among us who lack recognition in the wider community is Maowi;

ftfy

Admiring Maowi's service to Europeia through their diligent recruitment efforts, sending telegrams to new nations in order to attract them to Europeia, and serving as Minister of Recruitment following the untimely departure of the leader of this ministry while Maowi was in a position to answer the call to serve;

You talk about the WA in your opening clause, then immediately talk about unrelated stuff. Bad. Also what did Maowi do as minister besides fill in for the person who left?

1. The reinvention of the World Assembly 101 program, alongside Imperium Anglorum, which brought information on the conduct of the World Assembly to interested members of the community,
  2. Becoming a mentor to several prominent Europeians who would later become future World Assembly Affairs Ministers, ultimately ensuring the program could stand tests of time and continue following their departure, such as Ouardeheya and Mancheseva City, and
  3. The introduction of discussions of World Assembly resolutions within the ministry which significantly improved the degree of awareness about the World Assembly among staff and interested foreign parties;

Blah blah blah mentorships. Meaningless fluff and drivel. I'd suggest you remove it. Also, I personally don't think the WA 101 did enough to warrant inclusion here.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Hulldom
Ambassador

Postby Hulldom » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:00 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:
Hulldom wrote:Recognizing public service and the World Assembly as avenues for contribution to the multiverse for nations, and that first and foremost among us who lack recognition in the wider community is Maowi;

ftfy

Admiring Maowi's service to Europeia through their diligent recruitment efforts, sending telegrams to new nations in order to attract them to Europeia, and serving as Minister of Recruitment following the untimely departure of the leader of this ministry while Maowi was in a position to answer the call to serve;

You talk about the WA in your opening clause, then immediately talk about unrelated stuff. Bad. Also what did Maowi do as minister besides fill in for the person who left?

1. The reinvention of the World Assembly 101 program, alongside Imperium Anglorum, which brought information on the conduct of the World Assembly to interested members of the community,
  2. Becoming a mentor to several prominent Europeians who would later become future World Assembly Affairs Ministers, ultimately ensuring the program could stand tests of time and continue following their departure, such as Ouardeheya and Mancheseva City, and
  3. The introduction of discussions of World Assembly resolutions within the ministry which significantly improved the degree of awareness about the World Assembly among staff and interested foreign parties;

Blah blah blah mentorships. Meaningless fluff and drivel. I'd suggest you remove it. Also, I personally don't think the WA 101 did enough to warrant inclusion here.

1. I'm not entirely sure what fifty means, but the opening clause is entirely intended as an introduction to the proposal. I don't think it detracts.
2. I can check with my co-authors to see if there's anything we can add but character count issues may have forced that one. Worst comes to worst, I'll cut it.
3. I don't think any of that is really fluffy or drivel, it's important to recognize the totality of her achievements and her breadth of them, that includes the "Knowing" clause.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:05 pm

Hulldom wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:ftfy

1. I'm not entirely sure what fifty means, but the opening clause is entirely intended as an introduction to the proposal. I don't think it detracts...

Honeydewistania was trying to insert a reference to Among Us - an extremely popular murder mystery game developed by Innersloth - into your proposal. I suggest you ignore that particular piece of feedback :P

(some quotes snipped by myself for brevity)
Last edited by Tinhampton on Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives