NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Condemn Bedetopia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Condemn Bedetopia

Postby Morover » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:46 pm

The World Assembly Security Council,

Disturbed at the existence of the nation of Bedetopia, notable for its foreign prowess in raiding innocent regions, and its domestic terrors that it suffers under its reprehensible government,

Depressed at the actions of Bedetopia’s leader and namesake, Electric Dictator Bedebao, who uses his electrical powers for the oppression and maltreatment of his people, in order to further his own personal gain, making him a galactically-known hedonist,

Shocked at the ability of the Electric Dictator towards pure malice, intensely focused on the subjugation of the people of Bedetopia, keeping billions of slaves and soldiers on their homeworld,

Alarmed that the sheer will for the government of the Tronified Dystopia has become so significant that they have drawn the attention of the highest-level stewards of the World Census, having topped or nearly topped the charts in several categories, usually using their proficiency in this areas for utterly despicable and evil acts, such as:
  1. Their second-place ranking in Defense Forces, due to their large swaths of soldiers numbering in the billions and their sophisticated technology and tactics, allowing them to conquer indiscriminately and spread their reign of suffering across the universe,
  2. Their second-place ranking in Public Transportation, which was developed in order to transport slaves and soldiers around the homeworld, furthering their subjugation of their people and the menace they are to the universe,
  3. Their first-place ranking in Public Healthcare, achieved through the exploration of forbidden and immoral subjects of medicine, including the harnessing of the Nichiyoobi Parasite which allowed for significant leaps to be had in the deliverance of death and torture, and the creation of Regenative Serum, making Bedetopian soldiers virtually invincible, among other medical marvels,

Deploring the existence of the Steak Squad, the administrative team of Bedetopia, consisting of some of the five most brutal mercenaries in the universe, who swore loyalty to the Electric Dictator almost solely on the promise of the ability to harm others, demonstrating how the maleficence of the government expands beyond the man at the top,

Anxious at the extent to which Bedebao has committed treachery is so universally known and despised that even other fiendish figures loathe him, following his cooperation with vile individuals only to betray them and conquer their territory for his own good,

Repulsed by the foreign policy of Bedetopia, especially the invasion tactics practiced by Bedetopia on foreign regions, having accomplished dozens of successful missions under various banners, holding positions and completing raids under The Black Hawks, The West Pacific, and Psychotic Dictatorships, among others, which have culminated in several major operations, including but not limited to:
  1. The extremely long infiltration, invasion, and subsequent conquest of The Iron Order, which involved an incredibly in-depth system of spies and espionage that inevitably grew larger than the region itself, resulting in a prolonged series of backstabbing, manipulation, and betrayal that ended up with with the Electric Dictator on the top,
  2. The defense of Femdom Empire alongside other unsavory nations, as a part of one of the largest conflicts in military history, having dozens of nations on either side of the conflict, which inevitably led to the Electric Dictator utilizing swift use of banjection in order to fend off the larger opposition, which at the end of the event led to the refounding of the region by Bedetopia’s leadership, who had the original founder and their followers executed after outliving their usefulness,

Concerned by Bedetopia’s development of an in-depth guide into the intricacies of occupations, encouraging other nations to engage in the practice and making them more effective when they do so, much to the chagrin of occupied regions,

Horrified at the systematic destruction that many unfortunate regions have faced, seemingly coming as a result of having their forlorn selves set in the sights of Bedetopia and their leadership,

Believing that this awful nation is the utmost example of what every nation and government should strive not to be, and hoping that condemnation of the nation will discourage other nations from succumbing to the urge to commit similarly evil deeds,

Hereby condemns [nation=long]Bedetopia[/nation].

Bedetopia is an extremely interesting player, being one of the most prominent issues-answerers, a not-insignificant military GPer, and having generally interesting factbook lore. While they may not be condemnable if they only were where they were at in one of these fields, they are certainly worthy of recognition when all of these aspects are taken into account. I think they're a pretty perfect candidate when it comes to Condemnation.

There are around 4600 characters in the current iteration (the first one) of the proposal, so there's a little leeway when it comes to adding stuff, if people feel it's necessary. Let the feedback begin!
Last edited by Morover on Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Morover
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:47 pm

Changelog.

The World Assembly Security Council,

Disturbed at the existence of the nation of Bedetopia, notable for its foreign prowess in raiding innocent regions, and its domestic terrors that it suffers under its reprehensible government,

Depressed at the actions of Bedetopia’s leader and namesake, Electric Dictator Bedebao, who uses his electrical powers for the oppression and maltreatment of his people, in order to further his own personal gain, making him a galactically-known hedonist,

Shocked at the ability of the Electric Dictator towards pure malice, intensely focused on the subjugation of the people of Bedetopia, keeping billions of slaves and soldiers on their homeworld,

Alarmed that the sheer will for the government of the Tronified Dystopia has become so significant that they have drawn the attention of the highest-level stewards of the World Census, having topped or nearly topped the charts in several categories, usually using their proficiency in this areas for utterly despicable and evil acts, such as:
  1. Their second-place ranking in Defense Forces, due to their large swaths of soldiers numbering in the billions and their sophisticated technology and tactics, allowing them to conquer indiscriminately and spread their reign of suffering across the universe,
  2. Their second-place ranking in Public Transportation, which was developed in order to transport slaves and soldiers around the homeworld, furthering their subjugation of their people and the menace they are to the universe,
  3. Their first-place ranking in Public Healthcare, achieved through the exploration of forbidden and immoral subjects of medicine, including the harnessing of the Nichiyoobi Parasite which allowed for significant leaps to be had in the deliverance of death and torture, and the creation of Regenative Serum, making Bedetopian soldiers virtually invincible, among other medical marvels

Deploring the existence of the Steak Squad, the administrative team of Bedetopia, consisting of some of the five most brutal mercenaries in the universe, who swore loyalty to the Electric Dictator almost solely on the promise of the ability to harm others, demonstrating how the maleficence of the government expands beyond the man at the top,

Anxious at the extent to which Bedebao has committed treachery is so universally known and despised that even other fiendish figures loathe him, following his cooperation with vile individuals only to betray them and conquer their territory for his own good,

Repulsed by the foreign policy of Bedetopia, especially the invasion tactics practiced by Bedetopia on foreign regions, having accomplished dozens of successful missions under various banners, holding positions and completing raids under The Black Hawks, The West Pacific, and Psychotic Dictatorships, among others, which have culminated in several major operations, including but not limited to:
  1. The extremely long infiltration, invasion, and subsequent conquest of The Iron Order, which involved an incredibly in-depth system of spies and espionage that inevitably grew larger than the region itself, resulting in a prolonged series of backstabbing, manipulation, and betrayal that ended up with with the Electric Dictator on the top,
  2. The defense of Femdom Empire alongside other unsavory nations, as a part of one of the largest conflicts in military history, having dozens of nations on either side of the conflict, which inevitably led to the Electric Dictator utilizing swift use of banjection in order to fend off the larger opposition, which at the end of the event led to the refounding of the region by Bedetopia’s leadership, who had the original founder and their followers executed after outliving their usefulness,

Concerned by Bedetopia’s development of an in-depth guide into the intricacies of occupations, encouraging other nations to engage in the practice and making them more effective when they do so, much to the chagrin of occupied regions,

Horrified at the systematic destruction that many unfortunate regions have faced, seemingly coming as a result of having their forlorn selves set in the sights of Bedetopia and their leadership,

Believing that this awful nation is the utmost example of what every nation and government should strive not to be, and hoping that condemnation of the nation will discourage other nations from succumbing to the urge to commit similarly evil deeds,

Hereby condemns [nation=long]Bedetopia[/nation].

Minor change one, 23 July 2021, 17:51 EST: Added a missing comma at the end of the stats recognition, courtesy of Minskiev
Last edited by Morover on Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:50 pm

among other medical marvels

Missing a comma at the end. I'll keep on reading.

It feels possible, but I'm not sure how believable it is.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Morover
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:54 pm

Minskiev wrote:
among other medical marvels

Missing a comma at the end. I'll keep on reading.

It feels possible, but I'm not sure how believable it is.

Amazing how quick you caught that - it's been fixed now, thank you.

In terms of believability, there's some parts that are admittedly kind of out there, but not so far outside the realm of suspension of disbelief that it's crazy. I feel like, at the point it's at, it just adds a certain level of flavor that few other nations have. I do like my SC drafts to have some flavor :p
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:37 pm

Morover wrote:among

among us

The extremely long infiltration, invasion, and subsequent conquest of The Iron Order, which involved an incredibly in-depth system of spies and espionage that inevitably grew larger than the region itself, resulting in a prolonged series of backstabbing, manipulation, and betrayal that ended up with with the Electric Dictator on the top,

Destroying the Iron Order is based and redpilled, and in no way condemnable.

The defense of Femdom Empire alongside other unsavory nations, as a part of one of the largest conflicts in military history, having dozens of nations on either side of the conflict, which inevitably led to the Electric Dictator utilizing swift use of banjection in order to fend off the larger opposition, which at the end of the event led to the refounding of the region by Bedetopia’s leadership, who had the original founder and their followers executed after outliving their usefulness,

Unsavoury nations? You mean Nazis, fascists and Alpha Wolf's gang? I'm against this condemnation.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:45 pm

For reasons Whater has mentioned, I'm not sure why this is being considered at all.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Morover
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:45 am

I agree that fashbashing is not condemnable, and that working with fascists should be looked at very closely (I have to say, a bit ironic that these two seem to be at opposites ends of the spectrum and both manage to be issues). As it happens, their two biggest operations manage to be somewhat dubious, but I mentioned them because, at the end of the day, they are their biggest operations - as far as my not-R/D mind goes, it seems that they tend to lean more generally raider which is why I think it fits more in line with condemnation.

With regards to the Iron Order - it's not the act of fashbashing which is condemnable (which is why it's not framed like that in the text), but it's the method and elaborate scheme in which they committed espionage that is what is emphasized.

And with regards to femdom and the other defenders of the region - as I was talking to Bedetopia about these missions, I got the heavy impression that they were not proud of who they worked with to achieve these results, and it just ended up being that way. In fact, they said that they originally bonded with the leader of Femdom Empire over a mutual hatred for a particular fascist. From what I gathered, they were originally on board to help defend Femdom before the, as I put it, "other unsavory nations" were brought on, and by that time they were already committed and continued in it for whatever challenge it posed with their R/D abilities, as well as having some "enemies" (how IC/OOC this is, I don't know) in the attacking force. I obviously can't speak for them, but based on this I figured it wasn't a sign of being a fascist sympathizer and instead just an unfortunate set of circumstances that they got themselves into, even if they were personally somewhat proud of their R/D abilities showcased in the operation.

I think that these two instances almost canceled each other out, and given that in my research I didn't really find any other indicators of them relating to fascism, I figured it wouldn't be a huge issue. I, of course, could've missed things indicating that - I'm not infallible, and if anyone has evidence pointing to that which I managed to miss I welcome it and will probably drop this draft, but if not then I'll stick with it for a bit because I do feel that Bedetopia has done well in their various fields of influence.

For the time being, I'll take out the specific mentions of operations and instead allude to the abilities that they showcase, which should hopefully clarify some issues? I thank y'all for your feedback and hope that there can be some point where this is viable - even if it means putting it on hold for a while.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:34 am

Given they are still proud of the Femdom Empire - despite their other qualities which are IC good, it's still OOC bad and shouldn't be rewarded by the SC.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Team Lennox
Envoy

Founded: Feb 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Team Lennox » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:46 am

who swore loyalty

Change it to "who swear loyalty". (Grammar error) Other then that it is a well written draft with good standards for the SC.
Last edited by Team Lennox on Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
HE/HIM. Use those pronouns! Do NOT assume my gender!

• An American born citizen
  • A teenager doing teenage stuff (I guess)
  • A leftist (remind me to make a dispatch on my beliefs later)
  • A Christian with usually fundamentalists views (except for on the Patriarchist, (Bible wasn't a big thing on Gender equity) and LGBTQ+ rights, (Bible wasn't a big thing on that either) (Also the Mosaic law doesn't let us eat things like bacon and ham since in the Bible pigs are unclean animals. Like how am I to survive not eating bacon! >:( )

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council