NATION

PASSWORD

[WITHDRAWN] Championing LGBTQ Tolerance and Acceptance

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

[WITHDRAWN] Championing LGBTQ Tolerance and Acceptance

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:18 am

This is my attempt at a SC resolution that would (hopefully) fit into the new category of Declarations. As I have no aspirations to be the first with submitting a proposal in this category, I'm going to take my time polishing and working on this draft. Thus, feedback and commentary are most welcome!

CURRENT DRAFT:
Championing LGBTQ Tolerance and Acceptance
Category: Declaration | Proposed by: Daarwyrth

Aware of the various regional entities that form a home to member nations of the World Assembly, which have chosen to overtly associate themselves with the colours, symbols and ideals of the LGBTQ community to create a welcoming image and atmosphere to any resident that identifies as a part of that community,

Believing that such an overt association with the LGBTQ community is a positive influence on the furthering of tolerance and acceptance of residentss that identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, or any other sexual orientation or identity that the LGBTQ community considers a part of itself,

The Security Council hereby:

1. Grants its consummate seal of approval to all regional entities such as Gay, Caer Sidi, Wintreath, the North Pacific, Osiris, the Rejected Realms and many others that have chosen to permanently associate themselves with the LGBTQ community by adopting it as an integral part of the overt identification of those regional entities, and therefore assist the creation of welcoming and accepting environments for residents that identify with that community;

2. Applauds with great enthusiasm all the individual member nations, and the regional entities that constitute them, for celebrating the annually occurring event known as 'Pride Month', with the following acts and events as examples to follow:

1. 'Europride', one of the largest Pride Festivals, as hosted by the regional entity known as Europeia since the year 2018, during which the achievements of the LGBTQ community in this multiverse are outlined and celebrated; and

2. 'TSPride 2021' a week-long festival in the South Pacific to honour that regional entity's LGBTQ community through various Pride-themed events and competitions during which the celebration of Pride is encouraged at all times; and

3. Einswenn's annual 'PRIDE Festival', hosted in its capital city of Keepenhest, as an event to celebrate equality and acceptance, and to show support to the LGBTQ community by the showing of films, the sharing of music during concerts, and the hosting of lectures with speakers from various nations;

4. The adoption of the colours of the rainbow in the flags of individual member nations and regional entities, such as Europe, the Leftist Assembly, United Kingdom, Thaecia, the East Pacific, the West Pacific and many more, as a gesture of solidarity with the LGBTQ community;

3. Commends with great pride the endeavours of individual member nations in the General Assembly to further the rights and protections of individuals identifying with the LGBTQ community across member nations, with notable resolutions and authors being:

1. 'A Convention On Gender' by Sionis Prioratus which establishes the legal recognition of intersex, transgender and intergender persons, and grants individuals identifying as such the freedom, support, rights and protections across member nations to live a life that agrees with their identity; and

2. 'Defending The Rights Of Sexual And Gender Minorities' by Maowi which establishes marriage equality regarding civil marriages, and furthers the legal equality of sexual and gender minorities across member states; and

3. 'Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy' by Morover which enforces the legality of hormone therapy as a medical treatment across member nations, and grants their transgender populations affordable, and easy access to hormone therapy; and

4. 'End Conversion Therapy' by Tinhampton that replaced United Massachusetts' 'Ban On Conversion Therapy' with a stricter ban on the heinous practice, including the advertisement of conversion therapy;

4. Declares its unwavering support for the LGBTQ community and the ideals of personal pride, celebrating diversity and individuality, as well as freedom of sexuality that it stands for, and promises to uphold and protect those principles to the best of this international body's ability;

5. Strongly urges that all regional entities and individual member nations continue to create welcoming, tolerant and accepting environments for residents identifying with the LGBTQ community, or the ideals and sexual orientations that this community seeks to represent.

DRAFT 3:

Aware of the various regional entities that form a home to member nations of the World Assembly, which have chosen to overtly associate themselves with the colours, symbols and ideals of the LGBTQ community to create a welcoming image and atmosphere to any individual or entity that identifies as a part of that community,

Believing that such an overt association with the LGBTQ community is a positive influence on the furthering of tolerance and acceptance of individuals that identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, or any other sexual orientation or identity that the LGBTQ community considers a part of itself,

1. Grants its unconditional seal of approval to all regional entities such as Gay, Caer Sidi, Wintreath, the North Pacific, Osiris, the Rejected Realms and many others that have chosen to permanently associate themselves with the LGBTQ community by adopting it as an integral part of the overt identification of those regional entities, and therefore assist the creation of welcoming and accepting environments for individuals and entities that identify with that community;

2. Applauds with great enthusiasm all the regional entities, and the individual member states that constitute them, such as Forest, Europe, the Leftist Assembly, the East Pacific, the South Pacific, the West Pacific and many others that have adopted the colours of the rainbow in their regional flags as a gesture of solidarity with the LGBTQ community during the annual occurrence known as 'Pride Month';

3. Commends with great pride the endeavours of individual member nations in the General Assembly to further the rights and protections of individuals identifying with the LGBTQ community across member nations, with notable resolutions and authors being:

1. 'A Convention On Gender' by Sionis Prioratus which establishes the legal recognition of intersex, transgender and intergender persons, and grants individuals identifying as such the freedom, support, rights and protections across member nations to live a life that agrees with their identity; and

2. 'Defending The Rights Of Sexual And Gender Minorities' by Maowi which establishes marriage equality regarding civil marriages, and furthers the legal equality of sexual and gender minorities across member states; and

3. 'Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy' by Morover which enforces the legality of hormone therapy as a medical treatment across member nations, and grants their transgender populations affordable, and easy access to hormone therapy; and

4. 'End Conversion Therapy' by Tinhampton that replaced United Massachusetts' 'Ban On Conversion Therapy' with a stricter ban on the heinous practice, including the advertisement of conversion therapy;

4. Declares its unwavering support for the LGBTQ community and the ideals of personal pride, celebrating diversity and individuality, as well as freedom of sexuality that it stands for, and promises to uphold and protect those principles to the best of this international body's ability;

5. Strongly urges that all regional entities and individual member nations continue to create welcoming, tolerant and accepting environments for individuals and entities identifying with the LGBTQ community, or the ideals and sexual orientations that it seeks to represent.

DRAFT 2:

Aware of the various regional entities that form a home to member nations of the World Assembly, which have chosen to overtly associate themselves with the colours, symbols and ideals of the LGBTQ community to create a welcoming image and atmosphere to any individual or entity that identifies as a part of that community,

Believing that such an overt association with the LGBTQ community is a positive influence on the furthering of tolerance and acceptance of individuals that identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, or any other sexual orientation or identity that the LGBTQ community considers a part of itself,

1. Grants its unconditional seal of approval to all regional entities such as Gay, Caer Sidi, Wintreath, the North Pacific, Osiris, the Rejected Realms and many others that have chosen to permanently associate themselves with the LGBTQ community by adopting it as an integral part of the overt identification of those regional entities, and therefore assist the creation of welcoming and accepting environments for individuals and entities that identify with that community;

2. Applauds with great enthusiasm all the regional entities, and the individual member states that constitute them, such as Forest, Europe, the Leftist Assembly, the East Pacific, the South Pacific, the West Pacific and many others that have adopted the colours of the rainbow in their regional flags as a gesture of solidarity with the LGBTQ community during the annual occurrence known as 'Pride Month';

3. Commends with great pride the endeavours of individual nations such as Tinhampton, Morover, Crowheim, Sionis Prioratus, Maowi, United Massachusetts and many others to further the rights and protections of individuals identifying with the LGBTQ community across member nations, by passing General Assembly resolutions on that subject;

4. Declares its unwavering support for the LGBTQ community and the ideals of personal pride, celebrating diversity and individuality, as well as freedom of sexuality that it stands for;

5. Strongly urges that all regional entities and individual member nations continue to create welcoming, tolerant and accepting environments for individuals and entities identifying with the LGBTQ community, or the ideals and sexual orientations that it seeks to represent.

DRAFT 1:
Aware of the struggles and endeavours of the LGBTQ+ community as a whole in the furtherment of the rights and protections of individuals who identify as part of this community or the ideals that it stands for, and

Recognising the many resolutions of the General Assembly that are meant to secure and safeguard the ability of every individual across the member nations of the World Assembly to live freely and in conscience with their own nature, yet

Concerned that there are still nations, cultures, organisations and groups in the World Assembly through its members that condemn the LGBTQ+ community and the ideals that this community espouses and seeks to promote,

1. Recognises the LGBTQ+ community as a legitimate group of individuals that identify as either lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, or as any other sexuality that this community officially recognises, and a group that promotes the ideals of personal pride, celebrating diversity and individuality, as well as freedom of sexuality, by countering ideologies of hatred and intolerance against this group or its individuals;

2. Believes in the ability of every individual to live a life free of prejudice, societal judgement, cultural repercussions or religious disapproval for identifying as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, or for identifying with a sexual orientation that this group officially recognises as a part of itself;

3. Shuns the practices of member nations, and the individual elements that constitute those member states, to vilify the LGBTQ+ community by depicting it as a group or organisation that seeks to destabilise traditions, societal norms or cultural practices of member nations, or as a representation or embodiment of sin or any other equivalent of that concept;

4. Declares that the sexual orientations and identities that the LGBTQ+ officially recognises as a part of its community are wholly natural, and an expression of the endless diversity of the nature of the universe, and the fabric of existence, and are in no shape of form unnatural, sinful, abominable, morally reprehensible, or worthy of disgust and contempt;

5. Urges member nations, and the individual elements that constitute those member states, to cease any practices, policies or behaviours that would be harmful to the LGBTQ+ community as a whole, or to the individual members that identify as a part of this group, or any individual who identifies with a sexual orientation that this community officially recognises yet does not identify with the LGBTQ+ community as a whole.
[/list]
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 26 times in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:31 am

I would be strongly interested in seeing how Declarations such as this one, which do not primarily concern themselves with matters solely pertinent to NationStates, would hold up in terms of legality and support.

Two concerns: Firstly, you cannot submit a resolution with the character "+" in the title. Secondly, "the LGBTQ+" in Article 4 should probably read "the LGBTQ+ community."
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Kranostav
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kranostav » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:21 am

So from what I can tell, this is written in a OOC view to the SC which I doubt would be legal. Further I am interested in the GA and SC relationship moving forward as this harkens back to GA legislation, a body which cannot acknowledge the existence of the SC.

I am under the impression that the GA, being the legislative body of the WA, would handle matters like this, thus rendering it redundant as a coexisting sub-body of the WA would obviously share this sentiment being the GA has passed numerous resolutions regarding this.
Non-compliance is lame and you should feel bad
The meddling WA Kid of Kranostav
Author of GAR #423 and #460

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:26 am

Recognises the LGBTQ+ community as a legitimate group of individuals that identify as either lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, or as any other sexuality that this community officially recognises, and a group that promotes the ideals of personal pride, celebrating diversity and individuality, as well as freedom of sexuality, by countering ideologies of hatred and intolerance against this group or its individuals;

Officially? Who is the official from the LGBTQ+ community that can officially recognise sexualities?
Last edited by Honeydewistania on Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:37 am

Tinhampton wrote:I would be strongly interested in seeing how Declarations such as this one, which do not primarily concern themselves with matters solely pertinent to NationStates, would hold up in terms of legality and support.

Two concerns: Firstly, you cannot submit a resolution with the character "+" in the title. Secondly, "the LGBTQ+" in Article 4 should probably read "the LGBTQ+ community."

If need be, I guess the declaration of support could be more catered to regions with the LGBT tag. That would perhaps make the issue a little bit more relevant to NationStates? Although the LGBTQ+ community is an IC part of NS, I believe.

And yes, valid observations! I'll work on them in the next draft.

Kranostav wrote:So from what I can tell, this is written in a OOC view to the SC which I doubt would be legal. Further I am interested in the GA and SC relationship moving forward as this harkens back to GA legislation, a body which cannot acknowledge the existence of the SC.

I am under the impression that the GA, being the legislative body of the WA, would handle matters like this, thus rendering it redundant as a coexisting sub-body of the WA would obviously share this sentiment being the GA has passed numerous resolutions regarding this.

I admit this is a very tentative first attempt at something like this under the new category that is being proposed. I felt that a declaration such as this would be appropriate for a category like that, but of course I could be completely wrong. Yet the LGBTQ community does exist in the NationStates universe as well, as we have seen both in RPs, issues and even in the current at vote proposal. So, I am not sure whether it is entirely OOC, as the community does exist IC as well.

And I am very curious about whether a Declaration would be able to mention GA legislation, hence why I might add it in to see what reaction would come from it. If it is indeed illegal, then of course I will remove it, but I thought it might be interesting to see it discussed for a bit, at least.

Honeydewistania wrote:
Recognises the LGBTQ+ community as a legitimate group of individuals that identify as either lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, or as any other sexuality that this community officially recognises, and a group that promotes the ideals of personal pride, celebrating diversity and individuality, as well as freedom of sexuality, by countering ideologies of hatred and intolerance against this group or its individuals;

Officially? Who is the official from the LGBTQ+ community that can officially recognise sexualities?

A valid point, and I'll look at a way to rewording it.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:38 am

This does read very much like a GA proposal to me. I think for something like this to be legal, it would need to address things outside the GA's purview, and I do think there are ways to do that this proposal isn't doing at this time. Ultimately up to the mods if something is legal, but I feel like they're going to say no to this.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:40 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:This does read very much like a GA proposal to me. I think for something like this to be legal, it would need to address things outside the GA's purview, and I do think there are ways to do that this proposal isn't doing at this time. Ultimately up to the mods if something is legal, but I feel like they're going to say no to this.

How about a declaration of support for regions that use the LGBT tag? But of course, worded in such a way that it wouldn't specifically say "regions with the LGBT" tag? Would that perhaps make the proposal less of a GA declaration?

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:45 am

Daarwyrth wrote:How about a declaration of support for regions that use the LGBT tag? But of course, worded in such a way that it wouldn't specifically say "regions with the LGBT" tag? Would that perhaps make the proposal less of a GA declaration?

With things like that you'd be headed in the right direction, I think. You could also, instead of focusing on broad principles (more of a GA thing), focus more on specific things nations, regions, orgs, etc. have done to promote LGBTQ+ rights, Pride, etc. -- that's indisputably an SC thing the GA cannot do. If you do more of that, I think you can leave a bit of the broader principles language you have in there as a preamble of sorts and it wouldn't look like a GA proposal.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:48 am

Absolutely no issue with Declarations citing GA resolutions - C/Cs can and have done (and Liberations, though I don't think anyone's mentioned the GA in those).

The text as-is does read a bit like a GA resolution in the SC. I don't have a comment on the legality of that yet, as it needs discussion both here and amongst the mod team to see where we stand on that. The bits you've been discussing with Cormac sound like a move in the right direction.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:37 am

Alright, I have posted a redraft of the text that hopefully is more in line with what the SC usually deals on :) I went ahead with the notion of Cormactopia Prime to try to highlight particular events/acts that support the LGBTQ community.

I also went ahead with a title change, considering the redraft!
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Laka Strolistandiler
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:39 am

Obraztsova: Opposed for reasons I won’t state because everyone already knows them.
||||||||||||||||||||
I am not a Russian but a Cameroonian born in this POS.
An autocratic semi feudal monarchy with elements of aristocracy. Society absurdly hierarchical, cosplaying Edwardian Britain. A British-ish colonial empire incorporating some partially democratic nations who just want some WMD’s
Pronouns up to your choice I can be a girl if I want to so refer to me as she/her.
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:53 am

Laka Strolistandiler wrote:Obraztsova: Opposed for reasons I won’t state because everyone already knows them.

Considering you stated that you planned to resign from the WA once the current at vote GA resolution passes, I don't believe your opposition to this is that meaningful. And oh, if I am not mistaken the SC is not IC.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Laka Strolistandiler
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Laka Strolistandiler » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:54 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Laka Strolistandiler wrote:Obraztsova: Opposed for reasons I won’t state because everyone already knows them.

Considering you stated that you planned to resign from the WA once the current at vote GA resolution passes, I don't believe your opposition to this is that meaningful. And oh, if I am not mistaken the SC is not IC.

Oh… I didn’t knew that thanks. Still opposed though for obvious reasons.
||||||||||||||||||||
I am not a Russian but a Cameroonian born in this POS.
An autocratic semi feudal monarchy with elements of aristocracy. Society absurdly hierarchical, cosplaying Edwardian Britain. A British-ish colonial empire incorporating some partially democratic nations who just want some WMD’s
Pronouns up to your choice I can be a girl if I want to so refer to me as she/her.
I reserve the right to /stillme any one-liners if my post is at least two lines long

Nova Vandalia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Vandalia » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:11 am

I support this,my only big nitpick is a semantic one about the title. I don't like that we're "commending" while LGBTQ+ acceptance and affirmation is beyond commendable and should be the normal imho, I just think it's confusing from a semantic and legislative stand point between declarations and commendations. Maybe just use another word like Extoling, Praising, Championing, Affirming. I think having the first Declaration starting off with "Commending" isn't going to be a good precedence to establish. Other wise great job.
Last edited by Nova Vandalia on Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
If my tone is coming off as a little harsh, please call me out on it, I rarely mean to come off that way.

Be Ruthless to Systems, Be Kind to People.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:12 am

Nova Vandalia wrote:I support this,my only big nitpick is a semantic one about the title. I don't like that we're "commending" while LGBTQ+ acceptance and affirmation is beyond commendable and should be the normal imho, I just think it's confusing from a semantic and legislative stand point between declarations and commendations. Maybe just use another word like Extoling, Praising, Championing, Affirming. I think having the first Declaration starting off with "Commending" isn't going to be a good precedence to establish. Other wise great job.

I love "Championing" and I think it would fit well with the spirit of this draft. Thank you for suggesting it, I will immediately change the title! And thank you for the kind words and comments :)
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:45 am

I have posted a new draft in which I expanded Clause 3 with examples :)

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:35 pm

Disclaimer: not rushing this, just enthusiastic and motivated to work on it :)

I posted a new draft that expanded Clause 2 as well, with notable events and happenings surrounding Pride Month in NS. Feedback and comments more than welcome!
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:18 pm

If anyone knows of any other LGBTQ related events organised in June on NS, please share! I think I still have enough room to add in one or two to stay under the word count :)
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:00 pm

1. Unconditional support will cause problems. What if a region is accepting of LGBT people but is associated with racists and fascists? The WA shouldn’t give their seal of approval to them.

2. Ban on Conversion Therapy would likely be repealed, so you should remove that
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:23 pm

Daarwyrth is referring to the "LGBT" tag as well as he can without actually mentioning tags. About seventeen regions have both the Fascist and LGBT tags; almost none of them are actually fascist.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:53 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:1. Unconditional support will cause problems. What if a region is accepting of LGBT people but is associated with racists and fascists? The WA shouldn’t give their seal of approval to them.

2. Ban on Conversion Therapy would likely be repealed, so you should remove that

Tinhampton wrote:Daarwyrth is referring to the "LGBT" tag as well as he can without actually mentioning tags. About seventeen regions have both the Fascist and LGBT tags; almost none of them are actually fascist.

Yes, Clause 1 is indeed about the LGBT tag, but Honeydewistania makes a valid point. I'll look at a different wording instead of "unconditional" :)

And while it does seem like Ban on Conversion Therapy is going to be repealed, I felt it would be a nice gesture to still commemorate it, hence why I left it in, in this form. If it is problematic or unnecessary, I'll remove the reference to it.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Nova Vandalia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Vandalia » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:09 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:1. Unconditional support will cause problems. What if a region is accepting of LGBT people but is associated with racists and fascists? The WA shouldn’t give their seal of approval to them.

Might I interest you in "inveterate" or "consumate" support.
Last edited by Nova Vandalia on Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
If my tone is coming off as a little harsh, please call me out on it, I rarely mean to come off that way.

Be Ruthless to Systems, Be Kind to People.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:15 pm

Nova Vandalia wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:

Might I interest you in "inveterate" or "consumate" support.

Done! I went with "consummate", as I read in the Cambridge Dictionary that "inveterate" usually has a negative connotation to it. The definition of "consummate" sounded more appropriate :)

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

TESDAI
Secretary

Founded: Apr 07, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby TESDAI » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:24 pm

Support from TESDAI so far.

Is there a reason that at times you use the phrase "LGBTQ community" and other times add the + and use "LGBTQ+ community"?
She/They
Discord: TESDAI#3151
"I'm essentially a folkie." - Steve Earle
Augustin Alliance - Defense Officer (22AUG2020-PRESENT)
Lands End - WA Delegate (23MAR17-24JAN18 & 14JAN21-Intermittently since) and Secretary of the Board (21JAN20-PRESENT)
Anteria - Prime Director (07OCT2020-22JUL21); Minister (01APR2020-31MAY2020) and Director of Media (01JUN2020-01AUG2020)

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:27 am

TESDAI wrote:Support from TESDAI so far.

Is there a reason that at times you use the phrase "LGBTQ community" and other times add the + and use "LGBTQ+ community"?

LGBTQ+ would be the more inclusive variant, as the "+" indicates any sexual orientation or identity not already expressed by the "LGBTQ" part. However, as pointed out to me earlier by Tinhampton, there can't be symbols in the titles of proposals, and as such I opted for LGBTQ. To remain consistent with the title, I chose to write LGBTQ in the text of the draft, yet I missed one part where it was still the "LGBTQ+" variant. Thanks for catching it, I will change it to have it be consistent with the rest :)
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Next

Advertisement