NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal 'Condemn Greater Tezdrian' [CLOSED]

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Traden
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Libertarian Police State

[DRAFT] Repeal 'Condemn Greater Tezdrian' [CLOSED]

Postby Traden » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:00 am

Noting that Resolution 20 blamed Greater Tezdrian for acts of slavery and opposition against the WA,

Accepting that Greater Tezdrian got what he deserved,

Realizing that the nominee for this resolution can no longer be restored,

Hereby repeals 'Condemn Greater Tezdrian'.

(Also, please help me on this.)
Last edited by Traden on Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud member of the IDSF

Tinhampton
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:03 am

Opposed. The author of SC#20 is active on NationStates today as Unibot III.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549
Other achievements: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; -45 Darkspawn Kill Points; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; "Tinhampton? the man's literally god"
Who am I, really? 45yo Tory woman; Cambridge graduate; possibly very controversial; currently reading your mind >:D

Traden
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Libertarian Police State

Postby Traden » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:06 am

Tinhampton wrote:Opposed. The author of SC#20 is active on NationStates today as Unibot III.

Alright, I will fix that.
Proud member of the IDSF

Giovanniland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Giovanniland » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:07 am

The author is indeed still active on NationStates, just on another nation, like Tin's comment says. Furthermore, we just don't repeal commendations or condemnations just because the target ceased-to-exist - otherwise one could also pretend to be CTE in purpose just so their resolution gets repealed, and then come back (edit: yes, I am aware many people consider condemnations a badge of honor, but this isn't always the case). Another argument against is that, just because the target CTE'd, doesn't mean their actions will just be forgotten - it serves as a warning for other nations.
Last edited by Giovanniland on Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Giovanniland
Guardian of the West and Minister without Portfolio
Former Speaker of the Hall of Nations of TWP (x3)
Trading Card Collector
Giovannilandian Artwork Ministry - The Collection Collection Thread

Astrobolt
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Astrobolt » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:11 am

Tinhampton wrote:Opposed. The author of SC#20 is active on NationStates today as Unibot III.

Because of this, I would support a replacement of SC#20.
He/Him
Ambassador to the WA: Mr. Reede Tappe
In the WA IC, despite not being in it OOC.

Note: All views expressed are solely my own, and don't represent any region, organization or group unless stated otherwise.

For a detailed list of positions, and other things of note, read the dispatch below. https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1428456

Giovanniland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Giovanniland » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:16 am

Astrobolt wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's impossible, since you can't condemn Greater Tezdrian again, unless they revive their nation.
Giovanniland
Guardian of the West and Minister without Portfolio
Former Speaker of the Hall of Nations of TWP (x3)
Trading Card Collector
Giovannilandian Artwork Ministry - The Collection Collection Thread

Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
New York Times Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:22 am

Traden wrote:Noting that Resolution 20 blamed Greater Tezdrian for acts of slavery and opposition against the WA,

Accepting that Greater Tezdrian got what he deserved,

Realizing that the nominee for this resolution can no longer be restored,

Hereby repeals 'Condemn Greater Tezdrian'.

(Also, please help me on this.)

I know you’ve closed this, but it’s worth making a couple of points. Firstly a repeal should address the contents of the resolution, which yours does not. Secondly you have an R2(a) illegality in your text - use of the word “he”.

For the future I would advise you to do your research and read the rules.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Astrobolt
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Astrobolt » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:43 pm

Giovanniland wrote:
Astrobolt wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's impossible, since you can't condemn Greater Tezdrian again, unless they revive their nation.

Right, I believe you are correct. My mistake.
He/Him
Ambassador to the WA: Mr. Reede Tappe
In the WA IC, despite not being in it OOC.

Note: All views expressed are solely my own, and don't represent any region, organization or group unless stated otherwise.

For a detailed list of positions, and other things of note, read the dispatch below. https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1428456

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council