NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Altmoras

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Quebecshire
Envoy
 
Posts: 278
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Fri May 21, 2021 7:23 pm

Northern Connecticut wrote:This is personally offensive to me. The Devil and hell represent literal evil in my eyes. I can't believe the WA would commend that region or that nation. Hard no. No now and forever. Never shall I vote for anything like this. NO. NO. NO. I cannot believe people think Satanism is cool or whatever. First the satan shoes and now this. Society has gone crazy. Long live the Catholic Church.

Cope more.

Long Live Altmoras.

This is gameplay. Not the real world. If you want to argue about Satan and Hell, go to NSG or something. In-game, in gameplay, that region and Altmoras have both made stellar contributions. Complaining about the name just serves as fodder for people to link each other to this for laughs.
Regionalist & Defender
Libcord, For Your Protection
The South Pacific: Legislator and SPSF Member. TSP Résumé.
The League: Consul and LDF Command.
"Quebecshire has proven time and time again that he is perfectly capable of standing in front of a room, full of people who hate him and continuing to defend his views." - Redacted
"Quebec may be more regionalist than I ever was, which is basically the highest compliment I’m capable of giving." - HumanSanity
"I find it disappointing that Quebec has posted without saying cope." - Fauxia

User avatar
The Greater Tulsa Area
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Mar 07, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Greater Tulsa Area » Fri May 21, 2021 7:53 pm

Northern Connecticut wrote:This is personally offensive to me. The Devil and hell represent literal evil in my eyes. I can't believe the WA would commend that region or that nation. Hard no. No now and forever. Never shall I vote for anything like this. NO. NO. NO. I cannot believe people think Satanism is cool or whatever. First the satan shoes and now this. Society has gone crazy. Long live the Catholic Church.

Satanism is very cool actually, and Catholic church is mega lame.
She/her
Hail Satan

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11959
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Fri May 21, 2021 7:57 pm

Nova Vandalia wrote:
Outer Sparta wrote:Maybe their absence was due to them not wanting Altmoras having a commendation in the first place. Because why bother giving feedback if you don't want the nominee to succeed?


Oh no I apologize. I work full time IRL, I prioritize hanging out in my regions discord, and I enjoy getting outside now that the weathers nice. AS I said I have no issues with Altmoras, I even said look at me and saying "Why Altmoras" is valid. This just happened to be the time I noticed the issue. If it will help you not make accusation I'll gladly vote for this one and the next one to lack any really feelings comes up I'll bitch then. Would that satisfy you and free me from your pointless droning for when I do inevitable see another one?

How would you approach Altmoras and a commendation then? You said they aren't not commendable earlier.
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 4747
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Fri May 21, 2021 8:16 pm

Nova Vandalia wrote:
Fauxia wrote:This is really brilliant logic. If you throw out all the commendable stuff in the commendation, suddenly Altmoras doesn't seem commendable anymore!


Can I ask you what made my statement so hard to read for you? Because I very specifically said I don't know if the are commendable I didn't make that call.

So I'll admit to having simplified your arguments. But it irks me that you threw out N-Day, which is something with widespread participation from more than just GPers, as not worth mentioning, because you don't enjoy it. The Security Council does not revolve around you. Imagine if I came out against RP commendations because I don't enjoy RP on here. It'd be preposterous. I assure you, there are a fuckton more people who care about N-Day than about Karma (only saying that because it's your region, I don't know you or how involved you are, and it goes for just about any other UCR - even the small ones. And frankly, though to a lesser degree, GCRs as well). It takes months of planning and dedication and skill, and you do not just get to throw it out. Likewise, you don't get to throw out protecting a region like Hell - a region that's commend, for crying out loud.

Nova Vandalia wrote:I'm saying this doesn't display what makes Altmora special considering everyone and their mother has been commended for the exact sam ethings. It's no longer a stand out thing. You understand that, right? It's not special anymore. Dead-Eye, Roavin, BT, XKI, Markanite, Honeydew, Kuriko, Gray Harbor, Duxburian, Woonsocket, Paffnia, Xoriet, Frattastan, Guy ect. All of them for the same Defender stuff, while Altmoras own organization constantly spits the rhetoric about how "Easy" Defenderism is now, So if everyone is doing it and it's easy now is it really special? As for WAD well over half the people on that list had also been a WAD at some point, also being a WAD is equally condemnable, so is it special?

If you don't find long time dedication worth anything, I don't know what to tell you.

I mean, I agree the proposal leaves stuff to be desired. You wouldn't get from this that Alt is a fucking wizard at chasing (and, as we found out recently, banning people). But you do get the years of work here.

Nova Vandalia wrote:Tell me what they innovated!

I want to know what the hell differentiate Altmoras from all of those, what makes what they did not a immitation of them and what makes Altmoras's Acheivements in RD special compared to well the other dozens of folxs. Sorry if I'm the only one tired of rubber stamping commends. Tell me they're the accurate trigger in TGW , Telling me they planned all 3000 of those does in detail. How they tireless watched the activity feed for nights on end. Tell me they did a bunch of raids and calling it a day isn't cutting it anymore.

These things have been commended to hell by you folxs, to the point they're no longer commendable unless you explain why this person stands out. A Clover flower can be beautiful by itself, but stick a shit ton in a garden and it's just another weed. Show me the stand alone stuff.

EDIT: I also want to say that saying "Well why are you arguing it on this one then and not the last one" which is super valid, but the response is why not this one? Saying "I agree, but on the next time" we do it is super valid.

I'm just tired of saying that the calling the samething special when everyone is doing it is tiring, go way in depth or don't do it, and if it's is commendable despite that maybe don't have your org consistently down play how easy it is.

I agree with Refuge here, the standards exist specifically so that there is continuity. For the most part, the bar doesn't change. Defending is a difficult activity, with a lot of people involved, and only a portion of them get commended - even the good ones. It has a stronger impact on the world than other areas of the game. Defenders get commended because they deserve to get commended.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

User avatar
Nova Vandalia
Envoy
 
Posts: 260
Founded: Jan 19, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Nova Vandalia » Fri May 21, 2021 8:43 pm

Outer Sparta wrote:
Nova Vandalia wrote:
Oh no I apologize. I work full time IRL, I prioritize hanging out in my regions discord, and I enjoy getting outside now that the weathers nice. AS I said I have no issues with Altmoras, I even said look at me and saying "Why Altmoras" is valid. This just happened to be the time I noticed the issue. If it will help you not make accusation I'll gladly vote for this one and the next one to lack any really feelings comes up I'll bitch then. Would that satisfy you and free me from your pointless droning for when I do inevitable see another one?

How would you approach Altmoras and a commendation then? You said they aren't not commendable earlier.


I already talked about this, and I didn't not say they were not commendable. I say I didn't know if they were, that says I'm not sure either way, but the resolution didn't make me "feel" like they were. I don't know being the important bit. I'd prefer it to be a little more emotive and narrative and actual explain to me why the things listed are important to someone who isn't really in the realm of R/D beyond again participating a handful of time. I don't know shit about Laz, but Python put this forward in front of people, that include me, someone who only recently got interested in GP. So I'm not going to hash that out again.

And No before someone makes the argument I'm not expecting a history lesson every time but some context wouldn't be met with derision.

Fauxia wrote: Imagine if I came out against RP commendations because I don't enjoy RP on here.

Is a valid stance, because you don't think it merits intervention and judgment from the larger NS sphere, it's kind of the whole reason we have a voting process. I just don't get N-Day I'm sorry thats somehow my opinion has such a sway on you that it irks you. It's the shit part of everyone being able to vote and voice their opinion. It a day I actually avoid NS because everyone stop acting normal and focuses on it, so I'm just not here for it or Z-Day usually, so those days aren't important to me and sure they may be important to others and those others can vote for it. That's how it works.


Fauxia wrote:Likewise, you don't get to throw out protecting a region like Hell - a region that's commend, for crying out lo
I mean I can and you can't stop me just to be contrarian XD, but again once someone actually sat down and explained it to me instead of doing what you're doing, I actually stated I was wrong and that it was was commendable. That the explanation HS gave as to why what they did matter, made me go OH!

Fauxia wrote:If you don't find long time dedication worth anything, I don't know what to tell you.

I mean, I agree the proposal leaves stuff to be desired. You wouldn't get from this that Alt is a fucking wizard at chasing (and, as we found out recently, banning people). But you do get the years of work here.


Again I do find it worth something, but the word dedicated isn't used at all. And those number are meaningless to me because I don't what is impressive numbers for a defender because I ain't one. Telling me that they're a wizard at chasing is exciting and again once explained what those contributions actually explained in way that isn't numerical meaninglessness, I get it. That's exactly what I wanted it. Is that kind of emotion and awe, that been lacking, because I don't know what inspires awe in defender but I'm am expected to vote on it, gosh knows I get SC campaign TG's, so show me the AWE is all I'm asking.

And again after talking with HS who genuinely was willing to talk to me I had my mind swayed and yet you all are still here acting like I didn't?
Last edited by Nova Vandalia on Fri May 21, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Be Ruthless to Systems, Be Kind to People.

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 4747
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Sat May 22, 2021 11:36 am

Nova Vandalia wrote:
Outer Sparta wrote:How would you approach Altmoras and a commendation then? You said they aren't not commendable earlier.


I already talked about this, and I didn't not say they were not commendable. I say I didn't know if they were,

This conversation is making my head spin.

Nova Vandalia wrote:
Fauxia wrote: Imagine if I came out against RP commendations because I don't enjoy RP on here.

Is a valid stance, because you don't think it merits intervention and judgment from the larger NS sphere, it's kind of the whole reason we have a voting process. I just don't get N-Day I'm sorry thats somehow my opinion has such a sway on you that it irks you. It's the shit part of everyone being able to vote and voice their opinion. It a day I actually avoid NS because everyone stop acting normal and focuses on it, so I'm just not here for it or Z-Day usually, so those days aren't important to me and sure they may be important to others and those others can vote for it. That's how it works.

Of course you can not vote for it, but that doesn't mean not voting for it is reasonable. Part of the point of the SC is publicizing the accomplishments of people who wouldn't know about it otherwise. It is not reasonable to vote against simply because you don't play the game that way.

Nova Vandalia wrote:And again after talking with HS who genuinely was willing to talk to me I had my mind swayed and yet you all are still here acting like I didn't?

It wasn't clear to me that you had changed positions from HS' post, only that you had decided that Alt could be commended reasonably. I see from your nation page you voted for (at about the same time I made my post).
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

User avatar
Partnership for Sovereignty
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 14
Founded: Jan 20, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Partnership for Sovereignty » Sat May 22, 2021 8:23 pm

The Partnership for Sovereignty recommends a vote FOR "Commend Altmoras”: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1549862
Last edited by Partnership for Sovereignty on Sat May 22, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Python
Diplomat
 
Posts: 534
Founded: Jul 24, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Python » Mon May 24, 2021 9:02 pm

This has passed!

For:11,982, 90.1%

Against:1,314, 9.9%

SC#354 Commend Altmoras on NS
Last edited by The Python on Mon May 24, 2021 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Card Farmer/Fenda/WA Author/Kiwi. Positions. Nation mostly represents RL views. Opinions are not necessarily representative of any of my regions.
For:Universal healthcare,Socialism,Pacifism,Human/animal rights,Democracy etc.
Against:Authoritarianism,Racism,War,Abortion,Nationalism,Conservatism,Factory farm etc.
Political compass 9Axes 8Values
fenda nations always deserve banjection - Evil Cub
I wish i could be quoted in a forum sig v_v - Alfonzo
anyone more than double python's age is old - Altmoras
The difference between an invader and an imperialist is that ... the imperialist will write several paragraphs about how the region's poll officer's cousin's friend's soccer coach once arranged his fridge magnets to spell out FRA and this is therefore a great leap forward in their war effort. - Altmoras
More

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11959
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Mon May 24, 2021 9:11 pm

Congrats to Altmoras for a deserving commendation and The Python for a well-written resolution.
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
Honeydewistania
Minister
 
Posts: 2811
Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon May 24, 2021 10:53 pm

Congrats, Altmoras.
she/her
Managing Director of Lazarus and The MT Army Warrior
stuff i wrote
Need me? Click here!
Biggest acheivement: Spelling
Ambassador to the WA: Benji Schubert Hepperle
Assistant to the Ambassador: Rekeil Wrigglesworth II
Official Coffee-fetcher and Masseuse: Jonathan Santos de Oliveira
Wonderess wrote:frankly someone I don’t want to see gain influence in NS and by extension TNP

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 2925
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Mon May 24, 2021 11:09 pm

Outer Sparta wrote:Congrats to Altmoras for a deserving commendation and The Python for a well-written resolution.

What they said! :)
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

User avatar
Altmoras
Diplomat
 
Posts: 780
Founded: Jan 25, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Mon May 24, 2021 11:32 pm

Thanks everybody, gotta say I wasn't expecting such widespread support :blush:
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cormactopia Prime, Greater Cesnica, Honeydewistania, Tinhampton, Unibot III, Wallenburg

Advertisement

Remove ads