NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend The Atlae Isles

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Daytime to Night
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Daytime to Night » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:27 am

Zukchiva wrote:Draft 6:

The Security Council,

Recognizing that The Atlae Isles (henceforth referred to as Atlae) is a diligent and determined nation which has performed many admirable deeds in the past few years.

Praising Atlae’s initiative in uncovering pertinent and relevant issues for national governments across the globe to deliberate upon, including:
  • Issue #752 (nicknamed “The Immortal Cells of Mrs. Gratwick”), in which national leaders are called upon to consider the ethical implications of using the cells from a dead citizen to create a medical treatment for cancer;
  • Issue #816 (nicknamed “A Hot Topic”), where national leaders are asked to deliberate on the benefits of using controlled fires to prevent larger fires from becoming widespread;
  • Issue #967 (nicknamed “Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics”), an issue that asks leaders to consider fiercely combating misinformation after pizza is labelled as a healthy food in an obscure scientific journal.

Admiring the work of Atlae as the Overseeing Officer of the Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army (EPSA), where the nation:
  • revived the army to the point where it could regularly conduct military operations, an operational capacity the army last achieved in 2014, by leading various military incursions and serving as an example of perseverance;
  • Engaged the EPSA in countless joint operations with other regional militaries, deepening fruitful relations between The East Pacific and many of its allies such as the South Pacific, The North Pacific, Thaecia, and Europeia;
  • Single-handedly trained a cadre of officers (including Catania and Philevile2) who can now lead the army on their own, thus ensuring the continued survival of the Army- a task many previous Overseeing Officers have struggled with.

Acknowledging that following Atlae’s revival efforts and under the nominee’s command, the EPSA (in cooperation with other militaries) has engaged in various operations to defend natives and regions from raiders, including the liberations of Indonesia Raya and Smol Fur EmpireNew United Kingdom/Middle Earth/Prima Victoria.

Lauding Atlae’s service as a Commander of the Phoenix Flock Fleet in 2020, where it recruited dozens of residents from The East Pacific, kept liberation infrastructure organized, assisted in timing military movement, and thus heavily contributed to the attempted liberation of South Pacific, one of the largest liberation attempts in modern history, and the liberation of Smol Fur Empire.

Applauding Atlae’s monumental work within The East Pacific’s international artwork organization (The Eastern Association of Pacifican Ornamental Traders or TEAPOT) where the nominee assisted in founding the Association, consistently hosted monthly artwork collection events, promoted artwork collection by recruiting new TEAPOT members, supported government agencies with artwork endowments for regional contests and engagement, and ultimately helped The East Pacific to develop a tight-knit artwork community.

Acclaiming the nation’s work in curating the portraitures of nations in The East Pacific into two separately maintained galleries, hosted in Atlae's art districts of S1 TEP Collector and S2 TEP Collector. These galleries have allowed East Pacifican nations to easily access the diverse artworks of their regionmates.

Appreciating Atlae’s substantial role in developing the University of the East Pacific into a substantial learning resource for new and old nations alike from 2017 to 2019, where it;
[*]Helped then Minister of Education Bachtendekuppen plan and execute the creation of a comprehensive lecture-based structure for the University in 2017, which helped increase student engagement with the University and enabled the University to expand its resources,
[*]Developed a curriculum to boost students’ knowledge across multiple subjects- most notably in the art of bringing forth national issues to the attention of world leaders,

Extolling the nominee’s dedication within the East Pacific’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, where it helped pioneer a new council-like structure for the Ministry as one of its first Senior Diplomats, allowing for more thought-out and considered foreign affairs decisions whilst defining the responsibilities of the role as an overseer of ambassadors and a decision-maker.

Believing that Atlae, through its contributions to The East Pacific and andabroad, is an exemplary nation that embodies resilience.

Hereby commends The Atlae Isles.

Co-authored with Libertanny.

Have made a few minor suggestions/corrections. Smol Fur Empire sits better in the PFF section, allowing space to include another liberation that EPSA have participated on - I have included several suggestions of active communities that have been liberated with EPSA support in the last year.

Atlae is great but ultimately this commendation proposal is mostly limited to them being a good Minister in a GCR. Their contributions to defending are welcome but not hugely noteworthy in the grand scheme of things (not to mention raiding efforts that EPSA have spearheaded within the same timeframe) and very few of the other clauses have meaningful international impact. Those wider contributions may be there but the Commendation currently reads a bit hollow when you end on "its contributions... abroad" as I am not sure that has been fully demonstrated. As you say, Atlae's delegacy may put more meat on the bones of this proposal but there are many good Ministers in UCRs and GCRs across the game who deserve recognition, but don't necessarily meet the high standards we should have for C&Cs in terms of international impact.
Last edited by Daytime to Night on Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Minister of Security and Minister for Justice - the South Pacific

Potato General Numero Capatata

Zukchiva
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Zukchiva » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:07 am

Daytime to Night wrote:
Zukchiva wrote:Draft 6:

The Security Council,

Recognizing that The Atlae Isles (henceforth referred to as Atlae) is a diligent and determined nation which has performed many admirable deeds in the past few years.

Praising Atlae’s initiative in uncovering pertinent and relevant issues for national governments across the globe to deliberate upon, including:
  • Issue #752 (nicknamed “The Immortal Cells of Mrs. Gratwick”), in which national leaders are called upon to consider the ethical implications of using the cells from a dead citizen to create a medical treatment for cancer;
  • Issue #816 (nicknamed “A Hot Topic”), where national leaders are asked to deliberate on the benefits of using controlled fires to prevent larger fires from becoming widespread;
  • Issue #967 (nicknamed “Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics”), an issue that asks leaders to consider fiercely combating misinformation after pizza is labelled as a healthy food in an obscure scientific journal.

Admiring the work of Atlae as the Overseeing Officer of the Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army (EPSA), where the nation:
  • revived the army to the point where it could regularly conduct military operations, an operational capacity the army last achieved in 2014, by leading various military incursions and serving as an example of perseverance;
  • Engaged the EPSA in countless joint operations with other regional militaries, deepening fruitful relations between The East Pacific and many of its allies such as the South Pacific, The North Pacific, Thaecia, and Europeia;
  • Single-handedly trained a cadre of officers (including Catania and Philevile2) who can now lead the army on their own, thus ensuring the continued survival of the Army- a task many previous Overseeing Officers have struggled with.

Acknowledging that following Atlae’s revival efforts and under the nominee’s command, the EPSA (in cooperation with other militaries) has engaged in various operations to defend natives and regions from raiders, including the liberations of Indonesia Raya and Smol Fur EmpireNew United Kingdom/Middle Earth/Prima Victoria.

Lauding Atlae’s service as a Commander of the Phoenix Flock Fleet in 2020, where it recruited dozens of residents from The East Pacific, kept liberation infrastructure organized, assisted in timing military movement, and thus heavily contributed to the attempted liberation of South Pacific, one of the largest liberation attempts in modern history, and the liberation of Smol Fur Empire.

Applauding Atlae’s monumental work within The East Pacific’s international artwork organization (The Eastern Association of Pacifican Ornamental Traders or TEAPOT) where the nominee assisted in founding the Association, consistently hosted monthly artwork collection events, promoted artwork collection by recruiting new TEAPOT members, supported government agencies with artwork endowments for regional contests and engagement, and ultimately helped The East Pacific to develop a tight-knit artwork community.

Acclaiming the nation’s work in curating the portraitures of nations in The East Pacific into two separately maintained galleries, hosted in Atlae's art districts of S1 TEP Collector and S2 TEP Collector. These galleries have allowed East Pacifican nations to easily access the diverse artworks of their regionmates.

Appreciating Atlae’s substantial role in developing the University of the East Pacific into a substantial learning resource for new and old nations alike from 2017 to 2019, where it;
[*]Helped then Minister of Education Bachtendekuppen plan and execute the creation of a comprehensive lecture-based structure for the University in 2017, which helped increase student engagement with the University and enabled the University to expand its resources,
[*]Developed a curriculum to boost students’ knowledge across multiple subjects- most notably in the art of bringing forth national issues to the attention of world leaders,

Extolling the nominee’s dedication within the East Pacific’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, where it helped pioneer a new council-like structure for the Ministry as one of its first Senior Diplomats, allowing for more thought-out and considered foreign affairs decisions whilst defining the responsibilities of the role as an overseer of ambassadors and a decision-maker.

Believing that Atlae, through its contributions to The East Pacific and andabroad, is an exemplary nation that embodies resilience.

Hereby commends The Atlae Isles.

Co-authored with Libertanny.

Have made a few minor suggestions/corrections. Smol Fur Empire sits better in the PFF section, allowing space to include another liberation that EPSA have participated on - I have included several suggestions of active communities that have been liberated with EPSA support in the last year.
I'll incorporate the changes owO

Atlae is great but ultimately this commendation proposal is mostly limited to them being a good Minister in a GCR. Their contributions to defending are welcome but not hugely noteworthy in the grand scheme of things (not to mention raiding efforts that EPSA have spearheaded within the same timeframe) and very few of the other clauses have meaningful international impact. Those wider contributions may be there but the Commendation currently reads a bit hollow when you end on "its contributions... abroad" as I am not sure that has been fully demonstrated. As you say, Atlae's delegacy may put more meat on the bones of this proposal but there are many good Ministers in UCRs and GCRs across the game who deserve recognition, but don't necessarily meet the high standards we should have for C&Cs in terms of international impact.
Yeah, I understand your point. From an interregional focus, Atlae is certainly not commendable.

That being said, in my opinion region-builders in singular regions should be commendable; this is a belief I tend to hold in general and Atlae merely fits into that. I feel commending region-builders gives other nations an example for a way to play the game without devoting yourself to a multitude of communities which many people aren't comfortable with. In short, a focus on being an interregional example rather than having an interregional impact. There's also been commendations of such region-builders like Marrabuk, Praeceps, Salaxians, and probably older ones as well, so it isn't without precedent. However, I'll admit that those commends did have more interregional impact with all of them including a lot of FA-focused clauses, but there is no denying that at least Marrabuk's and Salaxians' were primarily focused on region-building, not FA nor interregional impacts.

So I think we mainly have a difference of opinions here, which is fine. And as you said, Atlae's Delegacy may add more substantial interregional impacts to this resolution, so we'll see what happens in that regard.

Regarding the EPSA bits, I totally get you on that. I was hesitant to include that clause about EPSA's defensive operations as the main reason I mentioned EPSA was due to Atlae's revival of it (re: my belief on region-building). However, I was suggested to state what impact for good EPSA has had under Atlae- so the clause is meant to show that EPSA had been doing some good, not necessarily exceptional/commendable-in-on-itself good. Definitely not denying the raids though, which is the main reason I'm still teetering on having that clause about EPSA's smaller-scale liberations in the first place. That being said, most people seem fine with it so I'll probably just keep it in for now.
Last edited by Zukchiva on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Zukchiva Spartan Yura.
I'm a goose! Give me your bells!
"Are you ok zuk" - Halley
“Posts a wall of text, mentions he can elaborate more. Classic Zuk.”- Bach
“who the fuck is zukchiva lol”- Virgolia
“note to self: zuk is a traitor who must be silenced”- Atlae
“I vote that Zukchiva is kicked off the island”- Algerstonia
"everyone ban zuk"- AMOM
"i've come to the conclusion that zuk cannot pronounce words"- Euricanis
"no we blame zuk for everything now"- Catiania
"zuk is just an idiot" - Vor
"Zuk is absolutely a failure" - Vara
"Zuk's been made illegal? pog" - Boro

Proud member of The East Pacific, The Union of Democratic States, and Refugia!

Daytime to Night
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Daytime to Night » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:23 am

Zukchiva wrote:Regarding the EPSA bits, I totally get you on that. I was hesitant to include that clause about EPSA's defensive operations as the main reason I mentioned EPSA was due to Atlae's revival of it (re: my belief on region-building). However, I was suggested to state what impact for good EPSA has had under Atlae- so the clause is meant to show that EPSA had been doing some good, not necessarily exceptional/commendable-in-on-itself good. Definitely not denying the raids though, which is the main reason I'm still teetering on having that clause about EPSA's smaller-scale liberations in the first place. That being said, most people seem fine with it so I'll probably just keep it in for now.

I actually think the EPSA sections are really well written and balance those matters out well, Atlae's leadership of the EPSA is certainly notable and worthy of mention - so you shouldn't consider removing them. My comment on that aspect was mainly its strength in isolation in relation to the overall interregional impact of the commendee, as the Security Council's stated purpose is specifically spreading interregional peace and goodwill.
Former Minister of Security and Minister for Justice - the South Pacific

Potato General Numero Capatata

Zukchiva
Envoy

Postby Zukchiva » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:39 pm

Daytime to Night wrote:
Zukchiva wrote:Regarding the EPSA bits, I totally get you on that. I was hesitant to include that clause about EPSA's defensive operations as the main reason I mentioned EPSA was due to Atlae's revival of it (re: my belief on region-building). However, I was suggested to state what impact for good EPSA has had under Atlae- so the clause is meant to show that EPSA had been doing some good, not necessarily exceptional/commendable-in-on-itself good. Definitely not denying the raids though, which is the main reason I'm still teetering on having that clause about EPSA's smaller-scale liberations in the first place. That being said, most people seem fine with it so I'll probably just keep it in for now.

I actually think the EPSA sections are really well written and balance those matters out well, Atlae's leadership of the EPSA is certainly notable and worthy of mention - so you shouldn't consider removing them. My comment on that aspect was mainly its strength in isolation in relation to the overall interregional impact of the commendee, as the Security Council's stated purpose is specifically spreading interregional peace and goodwill.
Fair and I get your point, although I still do stand by what I said already regarding the interregional impact thing
Last edited by Zukchiva on Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"everyone ban zuk"- AMOM

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:08 pm

What's the plan with this now that Atlae has been elected Delegate?
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Zukchiva
Envoy

Postby Zukchiva » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:23 pm

Fauxia wrote:What's the plan with this now that Atlae has been elected Delegate?
Put on hold, see if Atlae does anything particularily noteworthy, if so probably replace the FA clause and maybe the UTEP clause, then continue absorbing feedback and hopefully submit it sometime down the road.
"everyone ban zuk"- AMOM

Previous

Return to Security Council