NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Repeal: Condemn The Communist Bloc

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Eumaeus
Envoy

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

[Draft] Repeal: Condemn The Communist Bloc

Postby Eumaeus » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:27 am

Though I'm hesitant to step on Missourtama's toes, I began working on this draft prior to the posting of their draft of the repeal and did not see their thread until after I was ready post. However, I still have faith that the target proposal will fail at vote and that these insta-repeal efforts will be proven unnecessary, which is the only reason I'm deigning it acceptable to post a competing draft. I've been looking for something to get my feet wet with again and seeing as the condemnation does not include any substance whatsoever I saw it as the perfect chance to write a repeal without needing to be up to date on recent site history. @The Unified Missourtama States, my apologies for the slight; I am open to collaboration if desired, although I highly doubt either draft will actually be necessary.

Appreciating the importance of not only one's words, but one's actions as well,

Acknowledging the diversity of opinion within the body of this legislature, as well as the right of any nation or region to be judged primarily by their deeds rather than by their ideology,

Affirming the ability of all nations and regions to govern using any system of governance they wish, the understanding that a system of governance is ancillary to the actions and even atrocities committed under it, and finally the necessity of substantiating accusations of wrongdoing worthy of shock and dismay,

Considering these basic principals within the context of the recently passed Security Council Resolution #[348/349] Condemn The Communist Bloc,

Disturbed that the author of SC #[348/349] has explicitly refused to offer supporting evidence or arguments to substantiate the facile claims put forward by this resolution,

Frustrated that even to date no evidence has been put forward to justify or explain SC #[348/349]’s claims that The Communist Bloc’s “leaders intentionally decrease civil liberties” or that certain nations inhabiting The Communist Bloc “trap their citizens within their horrifying walls”, and thus

Realizing that the only objective argument put forth in SC #[348/349] that can be validated is the assertion that leaders of The Communist Bloc “have taken control of industry”, a policy common to the various leftist ideologies practiced by the nations inhabiting The Communist Bloc,

Understanding that while not all members of the World Assembly agree with the ideologies practiced by the nations and regional government of The Communist Bloc, nonetheless a consensus holds that the condemnation of a nation or region based primarily on ideology without rigorous consideration of their actions is unacceptable,

Recognizing that even if the region known as The Communist Bloc is deserving of condemnation, an issue that this council retains the ability to debate, it would be nonetheless deserving of condemnation for its actions rather than its ideology,

Concluding that by consciously neglecting to articulate evidence to support its unsubstantiated claims of wrongdoing and by thus relying on the controversy of the region’s ideology for support, Security Council Resolution #[348/349] Condemn The Communist Bloc fails to uphold these standards,

The Security Council Hereby Repeals Security Council Resolution #[348/349] “Condemn The Communist Bloc”.

While I would normally think that it would be unnecessary to explicitly states this, recent events indicate that not everyone realizes the necessity of drafting and debating to the writing process: I am fully open to any feedback that people have.

I decided to take a more argumentative and moralistic approach than my work in the Security Council used to be. Admittedly my new approach resulted in a lot of bold language and stance-taking, attributes that I am willing and happy to hear out arguments against. I am fully willing to acknowledge that at times I make assertions regarding the opinions of the World Assembly that not all members would necessarily agree with, and if anyone has any suggestions for alleviating that I'm all ears. Moreover, as I have repeatedly said over the past couple weeks I am still learning the new Security Council rules, and would appreciate the appraisal of those who are more experienced with them.

While my initial argument was simply going to be that ideology is not a proper justification for condemnation, I realize that that exact same logic extends to any other ideology as well (including fascism, nazism, etc.). I settled with the much more justifiable argument that while ideology can be used as an argument for condemnation, it should always be ancillary to a nation's/region's actions and is unacceptable when presented alone. We may still condemn fascist regions if we want to (iirc everyone decided we aren't doing that anymore but this is just an example), but we would be doing so based on their actions rather than their ideology alone.

I think it's obvious, but this draft is not complete. I forgot how the queue system worked, and this was unsure if the target resolution would be at vote before or after Condemn Minineenee, which is why I included "#[348/349]". There's a fancy punctuation thing that I'm considering, but I need some time to work out whether it would actually be correct. Additionally, the way I wrote this made it so that I didn't mention The Communist Bloc until several classes in and I'm considering how I would like to proceed with the addition of region tags.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

Hiram Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hiram Land » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:30 am

Yeah, I was going to say that such a repeal proposal already exists, but then I saw your clarification, so I'm not too worried.

Once again as I said in the other repeal, you should put this in the backburner, and release it to the waiting room when it somehow passed thanks to the "silent majority",
Слава Україні!
#KyrusiaSoTrue
he/him
uwu
National Information
Unidas et Hyramalunde
Nationbuilder
Old Dispatches

Alternate: Hiramia-Omfew
_____ Hiram Land _____
Hyramas or Bust!
Thank you to Nanako Island for providing help for the signature.

Proud UFN member
RIP UNoE and UoJ

Eumaeus
Envoy

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Eumaeus » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:57 am

Hiram Land wrote:Once again as I said in the other repeal, you should put this in the backburner, and release it to the waiting room when it somehow passed thanks to the "silent majority",

Aye, any further effort on this in the near future will likely prove to be wasted, plus I've got some important irl stuff coming up as well, so I won't be drafting too vigorously for the time being. Just wanted to get it out there.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

Return to Security Council