NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend The Rejected Realms

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
Anskerdank
Secretary
 
Posts: 28
Founded: Jan 01, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[DRAFT] Commend The Rejected Realms

Postby Anskerdank » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:17 am

The Security Council,

Noting the inability of The Rejected Realms to eject and/or ban those who seek to cause trouble;

Applauds The Rejected Realms for creating an environment in which wrong-doers can be accommodated and reformed;

Accepts the fact that not all wrong-doers can and/or will be reformed, but emphasizes on their attempts to do so anyways;

Hereby commends The Rejected Realms

Co-authored by Owlograd
COVID-19 Patient

User avatar
Minskiev
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1320
Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minskiev » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:26 am

It's like you tried to write it while trying to do as little research as possible. Read up on TRR's history, then maybe try again.
Speaker of the Rejected Realms


User avatar
Toerana
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 160
Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Toerana » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:27 am

Speaking as a Reject, so take what I say with a grain of salt, TRR, imo, is commendable and has done a lot of commendable things.

This doesn't touch upon or mention any of that.


Take some time to do a lot of research about the region and its 17 year history before returning to the draft
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
| Rejected Times Editor-In-Chief |
| Citizen of the Rejected Realms | South Pacific Citizen | Thaecian Senator |
NPO Delenda Est

User avatar
Crowheim
Attaché
 
Posts: 99
Founded: Aug 16, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Crowheim » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:28 am

Yeah, as a TRR resident, no. Even if we felt we deserved / wanted a commendation this is not it. More research is needed - you cannot have a commendation that is quite literally 5 lines long. Read up on our history, talk to some older rejects, and try again later.
-
Chipmunker Kyosson

Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Rejected Times (NationState's best newspaper!)
Deputy World Assembly Officer for the Rejected Realms

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 2833
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
New York Times Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:43 am

Anskerdank wrote:The Security Council,

Noting the inability of The Rejected Realms to eject and/or ban those who seek to cause trouble;

Applauds The Rejected Realms for creating an environment in which wrong-doers can be accommodated and reformed;

Accepts the fact that not all wrong-doers can and/or will be reformed, but emphasizes on their attempts to do so anyways;

Hereby commends The Rejected Realms

Co-authored by Owlograd

You get marks for drafting on the forum first and that's about it. As others have suggested try doing some original research on TRR - a three line draft is nowhere near acceptable.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

User avatar
Pluvie
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 148
Founded: Apr 14, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pluvie » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:18 am

I will echo some of the claims here, do some research, find some of the really cool heckin stuff that TRR has done, ask their members about stuff, see if there’s any good historical documents on them, maybe try reading through their gameplay thread, but just have fun and do the research to write something you can be really proud of (I believe in you!!). On the other hand, I’m actually kind of a fan of the applauds clause :o
Last edited by Pluvie on Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main of Aramantha, resident Enby, Fox, Dragon, Catgirl, Time Traveller, Spectre of Hearts, Kangaroo(???), possibly or possibly not a madcap magician, apparently Dolphin?, and friend to (almost) all! You better be having a good day or I'll have to come give you a good day myself :<

User avatar
The Dodo Republic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 106
Founded: Feb 22, 2021
Right-wing Utopia

Postby The Dodo Republic » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:19 am

It is a little vauge but they get my vote in favor.

User avatar
Comfed
Diplomat
 
Posts: 881
Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:20 am

This doesn’t even begin to encompass all that TRR has done.
Mall:
Best part about being a mod was engaging in normal player behavior and getting accused of abuse
"You think this is abuse? I'll SHOW you abuse."
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Numero Capitan wrote:I haven't bothered reading back but I can unequivocally say that I agree with everything HEM has said and Unibot is wrong

Put this in your sig if you passed biology and know that gender and sex are not the same thing.

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11504
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:12 am

Do some more research with what TRR has done. This is quite vague and you need to add more details to make your argument stand out.
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
The Unified Missourtama States
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 493
Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:33 am

"Observing the inherent mechanics of the region, hereby commends them." is not a good enough argument for the security council.
: : : Delegation of THE UNIFIED MISSOURTAMA STATES to the WORLD ASSEMBLY : : :
~ Ambassador, Aramantha Tsuchiya
~ Envoy to the General Assembly, Leo Ito
~ Envoy to the Security Council, Charli Tanaka (Lead Author SCR#302)

User avatar
Eumaeus
Envoy
 
Posts: 215
Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Eumaeus » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:05 am

Anskerdank wrote:Accepts the fact that not all wrong-doers can and/or will be reformed, but emphasizes on their attempts to do so anyways;

I was pleasantly surprised to find that aside from the awkward language in the underlined clause this is actually a very well-written draft. The problem is that it is not well-researched or well-argued. As several people have already said, there isn't nearly enough (or practically any) detail on the history of TRR and while (at least as far as I'm aware and as long as it complies with Rule 2) GCRs can be commended on the basis of the game-function they play, most obviously through the argument that they execute that function in a commendable fashion, the issue is that no one is going to accept that argument as anything more than an ancillary argument.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

User avatar
Drew Durrnil
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1102
Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:06 am

Anskerdank wrote:The Security Council,

Noting the inability of The Rejected Realms to eject and/or ban those who seek to cause trouble;

Applauds The Rejected Realms for creating an environment in which wrong-doers can be accommodated and reformed;

Accepts the fact that not all wrong-doers can and/or will be reformed, but emphasizes on their attempts to do so anyways;

Hereby commends The Rejected Realms

Co-authored by Owlograd

How about no?
A Shark Republic
My Factbook
Atheris wrote:0/10. Using this fifth glyph in casual talk is not only inimical, but also shows that human minds act not of individual thoughts but of compulsory will by a dug-in aristocracy.
Atheris wrote:*pulls out anime weapons*
weeaboo mode!
*screams in depression and existential dread*
Nantoraka wrote:
The Nantorakan government would like to express their concerns about all the pedophiles lurking in this market. There's so much grease and body oil in the offers being made, that you could fry chicken in it. We strongly advise wearing a mask when making deals because the strong smell of kid-diddler permeates the air like a dead, fermenting animal.

News: Former Elite President Pæta Marlín joins the cult of Yahlia, calling it his "sexual and spiritual awakening".

User avatar
Varanius
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 184
Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Varanius » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:35 pm

Can we also commend TWP and TP for assisting TRR in caring for banjected nations? Just curious.
Adoring fan of Tim
A TWPer with a question
Almost a WA Author
Numero Capitan wrote:I haven't bothered reading back but I can unequivocally say that I agree with everything HEM has said and Unibot is wrong

User avatar
Toerana
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 160
Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Toerana » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:46 pm

Varanius wrote:Can we also commend TWP and TP for assisting TRR in caring for banjected nations? Just curious.

Now that's the best commendation idea I've heard during my time on NationStates
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
| Rejected Times Editor-In-Chief |
| Citizen of the Rejected Realms | South Pacific Citizen | Thaecian Senator |
NPO Delenda Est


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bhang Bhang Duc, The Galactic American Imperium, Varanius

Advertisement

Remove ads