NATION

PASSWORD

Security Council Proposal to Condemn The Communist Bloc

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

J o J
Envoy

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby J o J » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:55 am

Not supporting The Communist Bloc here, and far from me to give a hoot about anything Security Council related, but I see that this is in queue, somehow it gathered 70 approvals despite only being two lines of text with grammatical errors. After seeing that and reading the proposal itself, I ask to the supporters of this proposal;

Are you guys seriously letting something like this masquerade as a proposal? Sure, it's probably not going to get approved at vote, but why would suck a lack luster document be deemed worthy to garner the attention of the SC in the first place? If perhaps the grammatical errors and lack of substance and reasoning in the proposal were removed I could see it as perhaps worth the time of the SC, but as it stands I can't believe this thing is about to be sent to vote. Surely you shall hold yourself to higher standards than this. Am I missing something here?

Note: I don't know what "silent majority" the OP is talking about either. Most people on this site are left leaning and would not approve of this proposal, so the majority would probably be the opposite of silent as they strike this down when it hits the SC floor. Sounds similar that hoax of the WA Elite to me. (The WA Elite doesn't exist but that's a story for another day and another thread!)
Last edited by J o J on Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Don't be sour, here have a flower,
I'll refound your region in under an hour!
Calm down, no need to flame,
NationStates is just a game!

Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:56 am

Hiram Land wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:
Oh, it's going to be delightful to watch how badly this resolution will be stomped into the ground by the 'against' votes. It will be a long, long red bar. Fitting, that the resolution will be marked by red, the colour of communism.

Had the author listened to feedback and commentary, they might have avoided embarrassment.

I wonder who his "silent majority" is? He keeps claiming he has a silent majority, but I wonder who they are?
(unless it doesn't exist which is going to be a sure thing)

I believe the "silent majority" is a figment of their imagination. That's why this supposed majority is so silent, because it doesn't exist in reality. I mean, sure, I might sound mean saying that, but the attitude the author of this "resolution" has been exhibiting is the direct cause for comments like that. They literally delude themselves that they've written something epic and groundbreaking and keep boasting about it all the time. It's really a sad sight, but what can you do.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Hiram Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hiram Land » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:02 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Hiram Land wrote:I wonder who his "silent majority" is? He keeps claiming he has a silent majority, but I wonder who they are?
(unless it doesn't exist which is going to be a sure thing)

I believe the "silent majority" is a figment of their imagination. That's why this supposed majority is so silent, because it doesn't exist in reality. I mean, sure, I might sound mean saying that, but the attitude the author of this "resolution" has been exhibiting is the direct cause for comments like that. They literally delude themselves that they've written something epic and groundbreaking and keep boasting about it all the time. It's really a sad sight, but what can you do.

The OP could probably be a little kid, or a troll. I would honestly believe either one. They sure act like one, with their delusions about silent majorities and how this bill is going to pass, stuff like that.
Слава Україні!
#KyrusiaSoTrue
he/him
uwu
National Information
Unidas et Hyramalunde
Nationbuilder
Old Dispatches

Alternate: Hiramia-Omfew
_____ Hiram Land _____
Hyramas or Bust!
Thank you to Nanako Island for providing help for the signature.

Proud UFN member
RIP UNoE and UoJ

Kazakhstan 3
Attaché

Founded: Mar 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazakhstan 3 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:04 am

Funny how you claim the communists carried my proposal, it my understanding that only 1 person per region (the wa delegate) can support a proposal. If communists are backing me like you claim, than they clearly are opposed to TCB. Regardless of intent or beliefs a vote against TCB is a vote for freedom.

Barlyy
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Barlyy » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:05 am

This is one of the worst proposals I have ever seen.
Eternal Leclerc fan

Kazakhstan 3
Attaché

Founded: Mar 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazakhstan 3 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:21 am

Barlyy wrote:This is one of the worst proposals I have ever seen.

The good people of NS disagree with you but ok.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:22 am

This will fail, badly, and when it does the only one to be surprised will be the OP. Not sure what “silent majority” you’re talking about.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:24 am

Kazakhstan 3 wrote:
Barlyy wrote:This is one of the worst proposals I have ever seen.

The good people of NS disagree with you but ok.

Nope. You can't seem to face the reality that your proposal is a pile of refuse. You keep citing this "silent majority" and "the good people of NS", but literally almost every single comment that you're getting in here tells you how bad it is. What, those are not the "good people of NS"? We're what, illusions? If you keep deluding yourself like this you'll be severely disappointed when this gets crushed by the 'against' votes in a few days.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Hiram Land
Ambassador

Postby Hiram Land » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:30 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Kazakhstan 3 wrote:The good people of NS disagree with you but ok.

Nope. You can't seem to face the reality that your proposal is a pile of refuse. You keep citing this "silent majority" and "the good people of NS", but literally almost every single comment that you're getting in here tells you how bad it is. What, those are not the "good people of NS"? We're what, illusions? If you keep deluding yourself like this you'll be severely disappointed when this gets crushed by the 'against' votes in a few days.

But I'm sure that he will think that it's a victory for "liberty" and "justice". I wouldn't be surprised.
Слава Україні!
#KyrusiaSoTrue
he/him
uwu
National Information
Unidas et Hyramalunde
Nationbuilder
Old Dispatches

_____ Hiram Land _____
Hyramas or Bust!

Proud UFN member
RIP UNoE and UoJ

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:32 am

Hiram Land wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:Nope. You can't seem to face the reality that your proposal is a pile of refuse. You keep citing this "silent majority" and "the good people of NS", but literally almost every single comment that you're getting in here tells you how bad it is. What, those are not the "good people of NS"? We're what, illusions? If you keep deluding yourself like this you'll be severely disappointed when this gets crushed by the 'against' votes in a few days.

But I'm sure that he will think that it's a victory for "liberty" and "justice". I wouldn't be surprised.

I believe the author somehow thinks that a condemnation of the Communist Bloc will suddenly stop them from existing. Oh dear, oh dear, the level of delusions going on here is quite interesting to witness.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Hiram Land
Ambassador

Postby Hiram Land » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:36 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Hiram Land wrote:But I'm sure that he will think that it's a victory for "liberty" and "justice". I wouldn't be surprised.

I believe the author somehow thinks that a condemnation of the Communist Bloc will suddenly stop them from existing. Oh dear, oh dear, the level of delusions going on here is quite interesting to witness.

Mate, I almost feel bad for the poor soul who wrote this proposal. Here's to hoping that this proposal will be voted down like history, thrown in the dumpster, and forgotten. Now that's a good popcorn moment.
Слава Україні!
#KyrusiaSoTrue
he/him
uwu
National Information
Unidas et Hyramalunde
Nationbuilder
Old Dispatches

_____ Hiram Land _____
Hyramas or Bust!

Proud UFN member
RIP UNoE and UoJ

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:41 am

Hiram Land wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:I believe the author somehow thinks that a condemnation of the Communist Bloc will suddenly stop them from existing. Oh dear, oh dear, the level of delusions going on here is quite interesting to witness.

Mate, I almost feel bad for the poor soul who wrote this proposal. Here's to hoping that this proposal will be voted down like history, thrown in the dumpster, and forgotten. Now that's a good popcorn moment.

Oh, it will be voted down deep into the ground. As I said, the proposal will be marked by a long, long RED bar, just like the colour of communism. And then it will be forgotten forever.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Haremm
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haremm » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:47 am

Huh, things are getting spicy, kinda wanna see how things would develop now that it's on queue

Haremm does not necessarily reflect my personal views and opinions.

Nepleslia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Nepleslia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:49 am

Kazakhstan, your heart is in the right place - believe me, I'm no fan of communists either, which is one of the reasons I refuse to participate in the communist propaganda machine that calls itself the World Assembly - but... this ain't it, chief, as quarter-baked proposals like this only give them ammunition for their claims of "haha capitalism dumb communism good." My advice would be to withdraw the proposal, find a communist nation or region with abysmal civil/economic/etc. freedoms and such, and base the condemnation around that instead. Please shoot me a telegram if you'd like some help - although not part of the WA and not very good at researching stuff, I can help with grammar/spelling/etc.
Last edited by Nepleslia on Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:58 am

Haremm wrote:Huh, things are getting spicy, kinda wanna see how things would develop now that it's on queue

It's quite predictable what will happen: the proposal will have above 10.000 'against' votes. Perhaps it will go down in history as the most 'against' voted proposal, who knows.

Anyway, I truly wonder what the author is trying to accomplish. Condemning the Communist Bloc is not going to remove them from NationStates or stop them from existing. The author is literally trying to pin a badge onto TCB, a badge they would wear with honour and pride, I bet, if the proposal that Condemned them was actually well written. But this doesn't even have the slightest chance of passing, so it's just a waste of time and effort. But at least it's entertaining to watch unfold!
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Pluvie
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvie » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:09 am

Why are we still talking in this thread guys? That's a rhetorical question btw, no need to answer. The author isn't going to respond to any criticism, they're not gonna pull the proposal, they're not going to actually do anything, so ignore the thread and move on with your lives. You're not makin yourselves happier here and if you're wondering who's shot this proposals fame sky high, it's partially the work of 6 pages of forum thread. So seriously, I would ask you all to just let it go and move on. Of course that's everybody's individual choice, but that's just my suggestion.

-Ara
You're Beautiful!! Have a great day
Writer, editor, and generally curious cat
Let me know if you ever need help with writing or editing and I’m always willing to lend a helpful hand!
Feel free to telegram or dm me on discord!
Have a heckin day ^-^

Pajonia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pajonia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:31 am

Kazakhstan 3 wrote:Funny how you claim the communists carried my proposal, it my understanding that only 1 person per region (the wa delegate) can support a proposal. If communists are backing me like you claim, than they clearly are opposed to TCB. Regardless of intent or beliefs a vote against TCB is a vote for freedom.

Minister of Information from TCB here. We have been quietly hoping this proposal goes to queue so we can watch it get crushed. Everyone knows our walls are beautiful. Such slander against our walls is unacceptable.
any pronouns

Monkchester
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monkchester » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:34 am

Pajonia wrote:Ah yes, love seeing the site moderators putting their bias on clear display. Would you say fascism should be condemned wherever it occurs? Because you allow fascists to have literal slave trade RP's on this site lol.

Pajonia wrote:
Kazakhstan 3 wrote:Funny how you claim the communists carried my proposal, it my understanding that only 1 person per region (the wa delegate) can support a proposal. If communists are backing me like you claim, than they clearly are opposed to TCB. Regardless of intent or beliefs a vote against TCB is a vote for freedom.

Minister of Information from TCB here. We have been quietly hoping this proposal goes to queue so we can watch it get crushed. Everyone knows our walls are beautiful. Such slander against our walls is unacceptable.

You should be resigning, not Minister of Information.
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:00 am

Monkchester wrote:
Pajonia wrote:Ah yes, love seeing the site moderators putting their bias on clear display. Would you say fascism should be condemned wherever it occurs? Because you allow fascists to have literal slave trade RP's on this site lol.

Pajonia wrote:

You should be resigning, not Minister of Information.

You should too, but from the WA.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Monkchester
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Monkchester » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:02 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Monkchester wrote:You should be resigning, not Minister of Information.

You should too, but from the WA.

Why?
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:04 am

Monkchester wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:You should too, but from the WA.

Why?

Let me ask you that same question: why should Pajonia resign as Minister of Information of TCB?
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Monkchester
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Monkchester » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:19 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Monkchester wrote:Why?

Let me ask you that same question: why should Pajonia resign as Minister of Information of TCB?

For making unsubstantiated accusations that a moderator whose personal opinion is that "communism should be Condemned wherever it occurs" is sympathetic to fascists and this is why they "allow fascists to have literal slave trade RP's on this site".
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC

Crowheim
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Crowheim » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:25 am

When this proposal fails and you act surprised the rest of the SC will have a good laugh. :p
-
Chipmunker Kyosson

I do things for the Rejected Realms. (Views do not represent that of the government unless stated otherwise.)

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:28 am

Crowheim wrote:When this proposal fails and you act surprised the rest of the SC will have a good laugh. :p

wdym chip this is guaranteed to pass 22,000 whatever : 0
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Southern Xenick
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Xenick » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:30 am

I don't like communism at all, but even such a poorly written proposal doesn't explain why it needs a condemnation, even if I'm not in the WA.
A democratic island nation located in the southern sea
Relations cease with UDAF | International trade ramped up, GDP expected to 13% increase in 10 years | Nation ar war with Meretica and South olpen

Free Rojava!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council