NATION

PASSWORD

Security Council Proposal to Condemn The Communist Bloc

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Feet and Ankles
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Oct 21, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Feet and Ankles » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:33 am

I adore that this has reached quorum.
It's almost as hilarious as the repeated CCD self-commendations.
Looking forward to voting for it.

User avatar
Daarwyrth
Diplomat
 
Posts: 922
Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:41 am

Monkchester wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:Let me ask you that same question: why should Pajonia resign as Minister of Information of TCB?

For making unsubstantiated accusations that a moderator whose personal opinion is that "communism should be Condemned wherever it occurs" is sympathetic to fascists and this is why they "allow fascists to have literal slave trade RP's on this site".

Not your call to make, nor is it your business who in TCB resigns or not. Unless, you care deeply for the wellbeing for TCB?
The Royal State of Daarwyrth

Our Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Our Capital: Daarsted | Government type: Unitary parliamentary semi-constitutional monarchy | Technology level: Post-Modern Tech | Civilization index: 13.71


User avatar
Monkchester
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Jun 25, 2016
Conservative Democracy

Postby Monkchester » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:45 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Monkchester wrote:For making unsubstantiated accusations that a moderator whose personal opinion is that "communism should be Condemned wherever it occurs" is sympathetic to fascists and this is why they "allow fascists to have literal slave trade RP's on this site".

Not your call to make, nor is it your business who in TCB resigns or not. Unless, you care deeply for the wellbeing for TCB?

I'll call for their resignation as I please. As a former member of the region (more than five years ago now) and an ex-communist I do care, if not deeply at least somewhat, for the region's members.
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

User avatar
Kazakhstan 3
Attaché
 
Posts: 74
Founded: Mar 01, 2021
Anarchy

Postby Kazakhstan 3 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:47 am

Love to see all the supporters out there. And as for those who wish the repeal my proposal I laugh at your poorly written pile of garbage. The silent majority will make sure TCB remains condemned until the end of time.
Last edited by Kazakhstan 3 on Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Quebecshire
Envoy
 
Posts: 217
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:48 am

This is giving me some déjà vu. Oh, that's why, seems like a spinoff!

Opposed to this garbage due to the author's displayed ignorance of how site/region mechanics work, the poor writing, and due to it being a generally bad idea.
Last edited by Quebecshire on Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Consul Quebecshire of the Republic of The League
NationStates Today Gameplay and Politics Writer
"Quebecshire has proven time and time again that he is perfectly capable of standing in front of a room, full of people who hate him and continuing to defend his views" - Redacted
"Quebec may be more regionalist than I ever was, which is basically the highest compliment I’m capable of giving" - HumanSanity
Chairman of the National Committee of Reconstruction (LCN), President (LCN, x3), Vice-President (LCN, x2), Chief Justice (LCN), Secretary of Defense (LCN), Secretary of Public Relations (LCN), Director of Homeland Security (LCN, x2), Chancellor of FORGE, FORGE Secretary of Public Relations.

User avatar
Quebecshire
Envoy
 
Posts: 217
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:48 am

Kazakhstan 3 wrote:Love to see all the supporters out there. And as for those who wish the repeal my proposal I laugh at your poorly written pile of garbage. The silent majority will make sure TCB remains condemned until the end of time.

You're hardly a silent majority, you're quite the vocal minority.

Also, feed/sinker and large UCR delegates decide these votes due to their voting power, we'll see how this goes.

Can't believe this got to the quorum.
Chief Consul Quebecshire of the Republic of The League
NationStates Today Gameplay and Politics Writer
"Quebecshire has proven time and time again that he is perfectly capable of standing in front of a room, full of people who hate him and continuing to defend his views" - Redacted
"Quebec may be more regionalist than I ever was, which is basically the highest compliment I’m capable of giving" - HumanSanity
Chairman of the National Committee of Reconstruction (LCN), President (LCN, x3), Vice-President (LCN, x2), Chief Justice (LCN), Secretary of Defense (LCN), Secretary of Public Relations (LCN), Director of Homeland Security (LCN, x2), Chancellor of FORGE, FORGE Secretary of Public Relations.

User avatar
Monkchester
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Jun 25, 2016
Conservative Democracy

Postby Monkchester » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:55 am

Quebecshire wrote:Also, feed/sinker and large UCR delegates decide these votes due to their voting power, we'll see how this goes.

Unfortunately. To mitigate the effects of this anti-democratic flaw in the system we will have to constantly lobby for this proposal.
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

User avatar
Sodoran Alesia
Envoy
 
Posts: 249
Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sodoran Alesia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:59 am

Monkchester wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:Not your call to make, nor is it your business who in TCB resigns or not. Unless, you care deeply for the wellbeing for TCB?

I'll call for their resignation as I please. As a former member of the region (more than five years ago now) and an ex-communist I do care, if not deeply at least somewhat, for the region's members.

Oh a former member eh, what was your original nation? You say you care about TCB's members yet a shiny badge seems like the opposite of helping lol And help TCBers with what anyways? Do you have any evidence that we've oppressed any citizens? You think we literally wall up players lol TCB is a thriving pan-leftist region with a vibrant democracy (indeed we have a by-election running right now for a seat on our legislature).

Maybe stop conjuring fairy tales and bring some actual evidence and a quality proposal to the table before running your mouth.

Kazakhstan 3 wrote:Love to see all the supporters out there. And as for those who wish the repeal my proposal I laugh at your poorly written pile of garbage. The silent majority will make sure TCB remains condemned until the end of time.


lol look who's talking about garbage, the junkyard man himself! Have you looked at your own proposal? Repeals are often shorter and though it won't be necessary in this case is quite well written compared to the scrap you've proposed. Your silent majority doesn't exist and the vote will be quite a shock for you lol
Last edited by Sodoran Alesia on Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Crowheim
Attaché
 
Posts: 99
Founded: Aug 16, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Crowheim » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:02 am

Kazakhstan 3 wrote:Love to see all the supporters out there. And as for those who wish the repeal my proposal I laugh at your poorly written pile of garbage. The silent majority will make sure TCB remains condemned until the end of time.

No one will need to repeal your proposal when it doesn’t pass in the first place. “The silent majority” doesn’t exist, your proposal is poorly written, your attitude worse, and this thread a burning dumpster fire.
-
Chipmunker Kyosson

Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Rejected Times (NationState's best newspaper!)
Deputy World Assembly Officer for the Rejected Realms

User avatar
Goraria
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 353
Founded: Sep 17, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Goraria » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:09 am

That’s it? Two lines? You need more than that to have a better proposal. Just agree with the criticism you got there and change up the proposal or else it’s gonna be bombarded with votes voting against it.

Why do I have this feeling that despite this being against the communist bloc it says condemn the communist bloc. I thought condemns were supposed to approve a region.
Last edited by Goraria on Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
WIP Overview
Btw I don’t use NS stats. And also a big fan of Polandballs.
You might find me in forum 7. I also have no other social media because I suck. About the OOC thing, yeah no I’d rather keep that private. Ninja’d

News: A man has fallen into a river in lego city start by building the rescue helicopter. The weather today is 27°F in Forentria so make sure you bring a very thicc jacket. The weather is expected to go up around 30°F-38°F. I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!

User avatar
Toerana
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 160
Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Toerana » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:23 am

You'd think after over 100 posts people would begin to realize that the author isn't interested in taking feedback and maybe they're just wasting their time posting here.

Arguing with someone who is just going to throw their belief about a silent majority and how we're all communist sympathizers isn't arguing at all.

Please people, you have to have something else you can spend your day doing instead of repeating the same 3 points to a disinterested party ;-;
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
| Rejected Times Editor-In-Chief |
| Citizen of the Rejected Realms | South Pacific Citizen | Thaecian Senator |
NPO Delenda Est

User avatar
Pajonia
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 10
Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Pajonia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:25 am

Monkchester wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:Let me ask you that same question: why should Pajonia resign as Minister of Information of TCB?

For making unsubstantiated accusations that a moderator whose personal opinion is that "communism should be Condemned wherever it occurs" is sympathetic to fascists and this is why they "allow fascists to have literal slave trade RP's on this site".


They actually do allow slave trades RP's though, how is that unsubstantiated?

User avatar
Pajonia
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 10
Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Pajonia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:28 am

Kazakhstan 3 wrote:Love to see all the supporters out there. And as for those who wish the repeal my proposal I laugh at your poorly written pile of garbage. The silent majority will make sure TCB remains condemned until the end of time.


Quite hilarious that you ignore everybody in here telling you that your proposal is garbage just to say that the repeal is garbage lol

User avatar
Goraria
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 353
Founded: Sep 17, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Goraria » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:31 am

Pajonia wrote:
Kazakhstan 3 wrote:Love to see all the supporters out there. And as for those who wish the repeal my proposal I laugh at your poorly written pile of garbage. The silent majority will make sure TCB remains condemned until the end of time.


Quite hilarious that you ignore everybody in here telling you that your proposal is garbage just to say that the repeal is garbage lol

Can I just state the fact that this nation is new?
WIP Overview
Btw I don’t use NS stats. And also a big fan of Polandballs.
You might find me in forum 7. I also have no other social media because I suck. About the OOC thing, yeah no I’d rather keep that private. Ninja’d

News: A man has fallen into a river in lego city start by building the rescue helicopter. The weather today is 27°F in Forentria so make sure you bring a very thicc jacket. The weather is expected to go up around 30°F-38°F. I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11502
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:32 am

Somewhere Max Barry is loving getting more site revenue from campaigners trying to push this dead horse over the top. Those telegram stamps don't get sent themselves.
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
Pajonia
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 10
Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Pajonia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:32 am

Goraria wrote:
Pajonia wrote:
Quite hilarious that you ignore everybody in here telling you that your proposal is garbage just to say that the repeal is garbage lol

Can I just state the fact that this nation is new?


Even more reason to why they should be listening to the people in this thread that have been playing the game for years.

User avatar
Jedinsto
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 417
Founded: Nov 12, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Jedinsto » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:34 am

Goraria wrote:
Pajonia wrote:
Quite hilarious that you ignore everybody in here telling you that your proposal is garbage just to say that the repeal is garbage lol

Can I just state the fact that this nation is new?

No matter when a nation was founded, if they aren't going to listen to feedback, and instead spit in people's faces for giving feedback, their proposals will never turn out to be anything.
My drafts
James DuBois
Capitalism, centrism, abortion, environment, civil rights
Communism, socialism, nukes, fascism, Trump

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11502
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:35 am

Pajonia wrote:
Goraria wrote:Can I just state the fact that this nation is new?


Even more reason to why they should be listening to the people in this thread that have been playing the game for years.

Their rants are essentially "communism bad" without anything of substance.
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
Jedinsto
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 417
Founded: Nov 12, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Jedinsto » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:36 am

The amount of nations and regions that should be condemned under a "communism condemnable" precedent is immeasurable.
My drafts
James DuBois
Capitalism, centrism, abortion, environment, civil rights
Communism, socialism, nukes, fascism, Trump

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11502
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:39 am

Jedinsto wrote:The amount of nations and regions that should be condemned under a "communism condemnable" precedent is immeasurable.

"Raiders bad" and "fascists bad" would also incorporate a lot of regions, with TBH and Lily falling under the former and Nazi Europa falling under the latter.
Last edited by Outer Sparta on Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
Jedinsto
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 417
Founded: Nov 12, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Jedinsto » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:41 am

Outer Sparta wrote:
Jedinsto wrote:The amount of nations and regions that should be condemned under a "communism condemnable" precedent is immeasurable.

"Raiders bad" and "fascists bad" would also incorporate a lot of regions, with TBH and Lily falling under the former and Nazi Europa falling under the latter.

Yeah I don't support a condemnation on any of those grounds. It's just as ridiculous as commending every defender, every centrist, etc. It's one thing to condemn a highly skilled raider region, like TBH, but condemnation cuz of political beliefs is a little silly.
My drafts
James DuBois
Capitalism, centrism, abortion, environment, civil rights
Communism, socialism, nukes, fascism, Trump

User avatar
Monkchester
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Jun 25, 2016
Conservative Democracy

Postby Monkchester » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:42 am

Pajonia wrote:They actually do allow slave trades RP's though, how is that unsubstantiated?

The fact moderation policy is to allow some slave trade RPs is substantiated by years of rulings, and I didn't say it isn't. But you didn't say that. You claimed that a moderator's personal opinion that "communism should be Condemned wherever it occurs" was them "putting their bias on clear display", insinuated (against all evidence) that they did not hold the same belief for fascism, and that this was why fascists specifically are allowed to have slave trade RPs.

Pajonia wrote:Ah yes, love seeing the site moderators putting their bias on clear display. Would you say fascism should be condemned wherever it occurs? Because you allow fascists to have literal slave trade RP's on this site lol.
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

User avatar
Monkchester
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Jun 25, 2016
Conservative Democracy

Postby Monkchester » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:44 am

Outer Sparta wrote:Somewhere Max Barry is loving getting more site revenue from campaigners trying to push this dead horse over the top. Those telegram stamps don't get sent themselves.

Those telegrams don't get sent themselves, but they don't get sent with stamps. I sent over 400 telegrams to delegates.
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11502
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:46 am

Monkchester wrote:
Outer Sparta wrote:Somewhere Max Barry is loving getting more site revenue from campaigners trying to push this dead horse over the top. Those telegram stamps don't get sent themselves.

Those telegrams don't get sent themselves, but they don't get sent with stamps. I sent over 400 telegrams to delegates.

What even is your reason for passing this dumpster fire? Are you also ideologically-motivated in promoting your anti-communist agenda?
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
Pajonia
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 10
Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Pajonia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:53 am

Monkchester wrote:
Pajonia wrote:They actually do allow slave trades RP's though, how is that unsubstantiated?

The fact moderation policy is to allow some slave trade RPs is substantiated by years of rulings, and I didn't say it isn't. But you didn't say that. You claimed that a moderator's personal opinion that "communism should be Condemned wherever it occurs" was them "putting their bias on clear display", insinuated (against all evidence) that they did not hold the same belief for fascism, and that this was why fascists specifically are allowed to have slave trade RPs.

Pajonia wrote:Ah yes, love seeing the site moderators putting their bias on clear display. Would you say fascism should be condemned wherever it occurs? Because you allow fascists to have literal slave trade RP's on this site lol.


That is putting their bias on clear display. The moderators personal opinions bleed into how they moderate the site, which is why fascists are allowed to have slave trade RP's but communists aren't allowed to say AC*B lol. You don't see the moderators commenting on threads condemning fascism very often but they are always around to be anti communist. The mods may not be fascists themselves, but to me it is clear that they enable fascism by the way they moderate the site, so excuse me that I'm not surprised to see the moderators in here being anti communist lol. And why does that mean I should resign? Basically all leftists on NationStates see the mods in the same way lol; its nothing new.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Astrobolt, HumanSanity

Advertisement

Remove ads