NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED] Commend The Bigtopia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
Boston Castle
Envoy
 
Posts: 332
Founded: Aug 21, 2020
New York Times Democracy

[ABANDONED] Commend The Bigtopia

Postby Boston Castle » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:04 am

Hello, everyone! I'm not hardly new to this game (my former main is Hulldom), but I am a first time author and on the advice of the The Cretox State, I'm submitting this proposal to commend The Bigtopia onto the SC sub-forum to make sur it passes muster. Any feedback you can give or suggestions for strengthening the proposal would be fantastic!

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING that regional harmony is hard to preserve in the best of times,

BELIEVING that nations which contribute materially to preserving the functioning and harmony of a region are worthy of respect,

NOTICING their contributions to the last WA Secretary-General Election wherein they stood for election, brought humor and panache to a serious campaign, and attracted the support of many nations and regions including recruiting The Stalker from Hell, a WA-commended region, to serve as their running mate for Vice-Secretary General,

FURTHER NOTICING that The Bigtopia has served Thaecia in a variety of ways, such as by:

  • Serving as Chairman of the Thaecian Senate, the upper house of Thaecia’s legislature, for one full term or four months, presiding over the Senate and working passing of various laws which help to govern Thaecia today, such as LR 004, which limited Thaecians to one government position, and LR 022, which established Thaecia’s Electoral Commission and administers elections in the aforementioned region;
  • Serving as Foreign Minister of Thaecia for nearly half a year, where he oversaw the improvement of relations with well-established and long-lived regions such as Europeia and the East Pacific, notable due to Thaecia’s relative youth;
  • Serving as a member of an Interim Government, as Foreign Minister, when the delegacy of Thaecia was thrown into doubt due to the ejection of the newly elected delegate from the World Assembly, thus preserving the integrity of the region in an exceedingly vulnerable moment;
  • Successfully crafting, and getting adopted, a Treaty of Friendship between Thaecia and The East Pacific which includes cultural exchanges between the two regions, intelligence sharing, and military obligations in the event either region requests military assistance; and
  • Successfully working to normalize relations between Thaecia and Europeia, a well-established region with a long and proud history,

APPLAUDING The Bigtopia’s efforts to preserve the diplomatic standing of Thaecia in times of crisis, such as:

RECOGNIZING that The Bigtopia has contributed immensely to the wider NS community through:


HEREBY COMMENDS The Bigtopia.

Co-Authored by Orca and Narwhal.


Edit: Missing bracket added to Thaecia in the point about Biggs' tenure as Senate Chairman.

Edit 2: Changed the wording of a clause. NOTE: I will be picking this up again in January.

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING that regional harmony is hard to preserve in the best of times,

BELIEVING that nations which contribute materially to preserving the functioning and harmony of a region are worthy of respect,

NOTICING that The Bigtopia contributed to the regional stability of The Sunshine Legion through their nation The Dylanese where they served as World Assembly Delegate for nearly half a year.

FURTHER NOTICING that The Bigtopia has contributed to the regional stability of Thaecia by:

  • Serving as Chairman of the Thaecian Senate for one full term or four months.
  • Serving as Foreign Minister of Thaecia for nearly half a year.
  • Serving as a member of an Interim Government, as Foreign Minister, when the delegacy of Thaecia was thrown into doubt due to the ejection of the newly elected delegate from the World Assembly.
  • Successfully crafting, and getting adopted, a Treaty of Friendship between Thaecia and The East Pacific.
  • Successfully working to normalize relations between Thaecia and Europeia.
APPLAUDING The Bigtopia’s efforts to preserve the diplomatic standing of Thaecia in times of crisis, such as:
  • Successfully working to stabilize the situation when Thaecia withdrew from the Assembly of Regions.
  • Successfully navigating strained relations with the New Western Empire and Enadia due to the issuance of an ultimatum by those regions to Thaecia.
  • Working to stabilize Thaecian foreign policy during the period of the ultimatum sent by New Western Empire and Enadia, when embassy regions such as Conch Kingdom and Thalassia withdrew their embassies in response to controversial recruiting practices employed by Thaecia.

RECOGNIZING that The Bigtopia has contributed immensely to the stability of the wider NS community through:

HEREBY COMMENDS The Bigtopia.


Edit: italicized portions are a new point.

Edit 2: removed regions that were part of the AoR.
Last edited by Boston Castle on Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 10 times in total.
About Me | The Castellian WA Delegation

Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
Views expressed not necessarily those of TNP and her government unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Boston Castle
Envoy
 
Posts: 332
Founded: Aug 21, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Boston Castle » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:08 am

Also FWIW, I have absolutely no idea how to use the [proposal=][/proposal] formatting code, so....any help there would also be helpful.
About Me | The Castellian WA Delegation

Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
Views expressed not necessarily those of TNP and her government unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 3496
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:33 am

First impression is that there’s nothing really Commendable here, just not seeing it. Yes, you’ve put together a legal, nicely written and presented draft, but the content doesn’t merit a Commendation.

Many nations could put together a similar CV to what is described here, so there’s nothing extraordinary about the nominee.

However, thank you for drafting here first.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Former Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

User avatar
Boston Castle
Envoy
 
Posts: 332
Founded: Aug 21, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Boston Castle » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:35 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:First impression is that there’s nothing really Commendable here, just not seeing it. Yes, you’ve put together a legal, nicely written and presented draft, but the content doesn’t merit a Commendation.

Many nations could put together a similar CV to what is described here, so there’s nothing extraordinary about the nominee.

However, thank you for drafting here first.

I've been trying to get in contact with some other folks who would have details on potentially commendable actions (Libertanny comes to mind), so there could very well be something more to this soon, I hope.
About Me | The Castellian WA Delegation

Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
Views expressed not necessarily those of TNP and her government unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Team Lennox
Envoy
 
Posts: 268
Founded: Feb 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Team Lennox » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:40 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:First impression is that there’s nothing really Commendable here, just not seeing it. Yes, you’ve put together a legal, nicely written and presented draft, but the content doesn’t merit a Commendation.

Many nations could put together a similar CV to what is described here, so there’s nothing extraordinary about the nominee.

However, thank you for drafting here first.

Tbh I think this is a nice proposal which could be worth voting for. However I don't really see anything commendable other then "bringing regions together"
HE/HIM. Use those pronouns! Do NOT assume my gender!


  • An American born citizen
  • A teenager doing teenage stuff (I guess)
  • A leftist (remind me to make a dispatch on my beliefs later)
  • A Christian with usually fundamentalists views (except for on the Patriarchist, (Bible wasn't a big thing on Gender equity) and LGBTQ+ rights, (Bible wasn't a big thing on that either) (Also the Mosaic law doesn't let us eat things like bacon and ham since in the Bible pigs are unclean animals. Like how am I to survive not eating bacon! >:( )





User avatar
Boston Castle
Envoy
 
Posts: 332
Founded: Aug 21, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Boston Castle » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:00 am

Team Lennox wrote:
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:First impression is that there’s nothing really Commendable here, just not seeing it. Yes, you’ve put together a legal, nicely written and presented draft, but the content doesn’t merit a Commendation.

Many nations could put together a similar CV to what is described here, so there’s nothing extraordinary about the nominee.

However, thank you for drafting here first.

Tbh I think this is a nice proposal which could be worth voting for. However I don't really see anything commendable other then "bringing regions together"

There is a damage control element, which I might spin off into a larger point (now that I have evidence from other members of the region about that aspect of Biggs' gameplay.
About Me | The Castellian WA Delegation

Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
Views expressed not necessarily those of TNP and her government unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Boston Castle
Envoy
 
Posts: 332
Founded: Aug 21, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Boston Castle » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:13 am

Snippet here, for what this was, view the OP.
Last edited by Boston Castle on Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
About Me | The Castellian WA Delegation

Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
Views expressed not necessarily those of TNP and her government unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Tinhampton
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10121
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:04 pm

Traditionally, new drafts belong in your OP, not halfway down the page.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607
Other achievements: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; possibly very controversial; *author of the most popular WA resolution ever
Who am I, really? 46yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate; currently reading nothing much

User avatar
Boston Castle
Envoy
 
Posts: 332
Founded: Aug 21, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Boston Castle » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:06 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Traditionally, new drafts belong in your OP, not halfway down the page.

See, wasn't exactly sure about that. I'll make sure to italicize the new bit.
About Me | The Castellian WA Delegation

Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
Views expressed not necessarily those of TNP and her government unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Praeceps
Diplomat
 
Posts: 757
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Praeceps » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Boston Castle wrote:NOTICING that The Bigtopia contributed to the regional stability of The Sunshine Legion through their nation The Dylanese where they served as World Assembly Delegate for nearly half a year.

Hardly a notable region. Also, seems to have mostly been foundered during the existence.
FURTHER NOTICING that The Bigtopia has contributed to the regional stability of Thaecia by:

  • Serving as Chairman of the Thaecian Senate for one full term or four months.
  • Serving as Foreign Minister of Thaecia for nearly half a year.
  • Serving as a member of an Interim Government, as Foreign Minister, when the delegacy of Thaecia was thrown into doubt due to the ejection of the newly elected delegate from the World Assembly.
What did Bigtopia do in these positions that is so noteworthy?
  • Successfully crafting, and getting adopted, a Treaty of Friendship between Thaecia and The East Pacific.
  • Successfully working to normalize relations between Thaecia and Europeia.

  • Why does this matter to the global community?

    APPLAUDING The Bigtopia’s efforts to preserve the diplomatic standing of Thaecia in times of crisis, such as:
    • Successfully working to stabilize the situation when Thaecia withdrew from the Assembly of Regions.
    • Successfully navigating strained relations with the New Western Empire and Enadia due to the issuance of an ultimatum by those regions to Thaecia.
    • Working to stabilize Thaecian foreign policy during the period of the ultimatum sent by New Western Empire and Enadia, when embassy regions such as Conch Kingdom and Thalassia withdrew their embassies in response to controversial recruiting practices employed by Thaecia.

    Has Thaecia stopped their controversial recruiting practices?
    RECOGNIZING that The Bigtopia has contributed immensely to the stability of the wider NS community through:

    [list][*]Their contributions to the creation of The Consortium which binds together Thaecia with such other regions as The East Pacific, Eientei Gensokyo, The Glorious Nations of Iwaku, Force, The Free Nations Region, and The Kingdom of Great Britain.
    Where can I find details of this organization? What does it do specifically?

    Overall, I don't think this nation is commendable. You'll have to make a very strong case for me to support one.
    Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

    User avatar
    Boston Castle
    Envoy
     
    Posts: 332
    Founded: Aug 21, 2020
    New York Times Democracy

    Postby Boston Castle » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:03 pm

    Praeceps wrote:
    Boston Castle wrote:NOTICING that The Bigtopia contributed to the regional stability of The Sunshine Legion through their nation The Dylanese where they served as World Assembly Delegate for nearly half a year.

    Hardly a notable region. Also, seems to have mostly been foundered during the existence.
    FURTHER NOTICING that The Bigtopia has contributed to the regional stability of Thaecia by:

    • Serving as Chairman of the Thaecian Senate for one full term or four months.
    • Serving as Foreign Minister of Thaecia for nearly half a year.
    • Serving as a member of an Interim Government, as Foreign Minister, when the delegacy of Thaecia was thrown into doubt due to the ejection of the newly elected delegate from the World Assembly.
    What did Bigtopia do in these positions that is so noteworthy?
  • Successfully crafting, and getting adopted, a Treaty of Friendship between Thaecia and The East Pacific.
  • Successfully working to normalize relations between Thaecia and Europeia.

  • Why does this matter to the global community?

    APPLAUDING The Bigtopia’s efforts to preserve the diplomatic standing of Thaecia in times of crisis, such as:
    • Successfully working to stabilize the situation when Thaecia withdrew from the Assembly of Regions.
    • Successfully navigating strained relations with the New Western Empire and Enadia due to the issuance of an ultimatum by those regions to Thaecia.
    • Working to stabilize Thaecian foreign policy during the period of the ultimatum sent by New Western Empire and Enadia, when embassy regions such as Conch Kingdom and Thalassia withdrew their embassies in response to controversial recruiting practices employed by Thaecia.

    Has Thaecia stopped their controversial recruiting practices?
    RECOGNIZING that The Bigtopia has contributed immensely to the stability of the wider NS community through:

    [list][*]Their contributions to the creation of The Consortium which binds together Thaecia with such other regions as The East Pacific, Eientei Gensokyo, The Glorious Nations of Iwaku, Force, The Free Nations Region, and The Kingdom of Great Britain.
    Where can I find details of this organization? What does it do specifically?

    Overall, I don't think this nation is commendable. You'll have to make a very strong case for me to support one.

    1) Thanks for the feedback!

    2) I'll work to address these point by point.

    re: the Sunshine Legion, this was something that was offered up to me by one of Biggs' friends, obviously not all delegates are noteworthy, but it is evidence of a continuing commitment to the service of a region/regions.

    re: his achievements in Thaecia, while a member of the Thaecian Senate, he helped to pass the present election system in Thaecia (LR 21) and other acts. While Foreign Minister, he's managed to initiate relations with the East Pacific (Thaecia being a region of only ~340 nations and a little under 2 years old as I write this). As for Europeia, this was the first major achievement of the post-WA wide recruitment TG era (more on that in a minute), and while a treaty which would give us an in-game embassy has not been brought up/drafted/addressed (don't know about this), several members of Europeia have become boon friends of Thaecia.

    re: recruitment practices, following the Ultimatum debacle and later events, yes, Thaecia has stopped the practice of sending TGs to every WA nation, though I believe that only happened the once anyways.

    re: The Consortium, the organizers have not been too forthcoming with details, even to their home regions. But I believe it's supposed to be something similar to the Assembly of Regions (helmed by Southfield) and the Federal Union (if you're familiar with Aukumnia, New Western Empire, that corner of NS, it was a similar government-cultural organization amalgam between those two regions and a few others).

    I do think this *can* be worked into something which makes him worthy of a commendation and that's why we have the SC subform, for drafting and figuring these things out. :)
    Last edited by Boston Castle on Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    About Me | The Castellian WA Delegation

    Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
    Views expressed not necessarily those of TNP and her government unless stated otherwise.

    User avatar
    Praeceps
    Diplomat
     
    Posts: 757
    Founded: Feb 08, 2016
    Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

    Postby Praeceps » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:42 pm

    Boston Castle wrote:re: the Sunshine Legion, this was something that was offered up to me by one of Biggs' friends, obviously not all delegates are noteworthy, but it is evidence of a continuing commitment to the service of a region/regions.
    Sure, but continuing commitment isn't enough to be worthy to be included in a commendation imo.

    re: his achievements in Thaecia, while a member of the Thaecian Senate, he helped to pass the present election system in Thaecia (LR 21) and other acts. While Foreign Minister, he's managed to initiate relations with the East Pacific (Thaecia being a region of only ~340 nations and a little under 2 years old as I write this). As for Europeia, this was the first major achievement of the post-WA wide recruitment TG era (more on that in a minute), and while a treaty which would give us an in-game embassy has not been brought up/drafted/addressed (don't know about this), several members of Europeia have become boon friends of Thaecia.
    I'd suggest working to incorporate this into your draft then.

    re: The Consortium, the organizers have not been too forthcoming with details, even to their home regions. But I believe it's supposed to be something similar to the Assembly of Regions (helmed by Southfield) and the Federal Union (if you're familiar with Aukumnia, New Western Empire, that corner of NS, it was a similar government-cultural organization amalgam between those two regions and a few others).
    You shouldn't commend for something that we don't even know what it is. It could very well just be a rock-paper-scissors tournament (yes, I know it's most likely not that but you get the idea). See if you can get some more details about this imo.
    Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

    User avatar
    Boston Castle
    Envoy
     
    Posts: 332
    Founded: Aug 21, 2020
    New York Times Democracy

    Postby Boston Castle » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:36 am

    Praeceps wrote:
    Boston Castle wrote:re: the Sunshine Legion, this was something that was offered up to me by one of Biggs' friends, obviously not all delegates are noteworthy, but it is evidence of a continuing commitment to the service of a region/regions.
    Sure, but continuing commitment isn't enough to be worthy to be included in a commendation imo.

    re: his achievements in Thaecia, while a member of the Thaecian Senate, he helped to pass the present election system in Thaecia (LR 21) and other acts. While Foreign Minister, he's managed to initiate relations with the East Pacific (Thaecia being a region of only ~340 nations and a little under 2 years old as I write this). As for Europeia, this was the first major achievement of the post-WA wide recruitment TG era (more on that in a minute), and while a treaty which would give us an in-game embassy has not been brought up/drafted/addressed (don't know about this), several members of Europeia have become boon friends of Thaecia.
    I'd suggest working to incorporate this into your draft then.

    re: The Consortium, the organizers have not been too forthcoming with details, even to their home regions. But I believe it's supposed to be something similar to the Assembly of Regions (helmed by Southfield) and the Federal Union (if you're familiar with Aukumnia, New Western Empire, that corner of NS, it was a similar government-cultural organization amalgam between those two regions and a few others).
    You shouldn't commend for something that we don't even know what it is. It could very well just be a rock-paper-scissors tournament (yes, I know it's most likely not that but you get the idea). See if you can get some more details about this imo.

    1. Alright then, I can certainly remove that.

    2. Sure, I can incorporate some of his law-making exploits in here. The creation of relations with TEP is in there already, I think.

    3. They plan to announce more details next week, per Biggs himself.
    About Me | The Castellian WA Delegation

    Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
    Views expressed not necessarily those of TNP and her government unless stated otherwise.

    User avatar
    North Prarie
    Diplomat
     
    Posts: 932
    Founded: Nov 04, 2017
    Ex-Nation

    Postby North Prarie » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:57 pm

    So, I don't think this is commendable yet, but this is well-written and the subject seems to have some great accomplishments. Maybe in the future, though!

    Oh, and by the way, author: awesome flag!
    North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
    Hosting Experience
    Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
    Copa South Pacifica 1
    WPIC 5
    Sporting Acheivments
    Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
    Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
    Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

    Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
    SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

    User avatar
    Boston Castle
    Envoy
     
    Posts: 332
    Founded: Aug 21, 2020
    New York Times Democracy

    Postby Boston Castle » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:40 pm

    North Prarie wrote:So, I don't think this is commendable yet, but this is well-written and the subject seems to have some great accomplishments. Maybe in the future, though!

    Oh, and by the way, author: awesome flag!

    Like I said, I hope to have more info on some things soon. As for the flag, thanks! It was actually a submitted flag to the Boston Globe because they wanted to improve on Boston's flag.
    About Me | The Castellian WA Delegation

    Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
    Views expressed not necessarily those of TNP and her government unless stated otherwise.

    User avatar
    Willingdon and Jevington
    Lobbyist
     
    Posts: 14
    Founded: Aug 22, 2020
    Ex-Nation

    Postby Willingdon and Jevington » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:28 am

    Gosh, please remove the italics, bolding and underlining. It’s quite garish.

    User avatar
    Boston Castle
    Envoy
     
    Posts: 332
    Founded: Aug 21, 2020
    New York Times Democracy

    Postby Boston Castle » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:39 am

    Willingdon and Jevington wrote:Gosh, please remove the italics, bolding and underlining. It’s quite garish.

    The italics were meant to notify amendments to the text. The bolding was to identify the clauses and is likely how it would be submitted.
    About Me | The Castellian WA Delegation

    Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
    Views expressed not necessarily those of TNP and her government unless stated otherwise.

    User avatar
    Boston Castle
    Envoy
     
    Posts: 332
    Founded: Aug 21, 2020
    New York Times Democracy

    Postby Boston Castle » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:20 pm

    Proposal updated, just by the way.
    About Me | The Castellian WA Delegation

    Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
    Views expressed not necessarily those of TNP and her government unless stated otherwise.

    User avatar
    Bhang Bhang Duc
    Minister
     
    Posts: 3496
    Founded: Dec 17, 2003
    Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

    Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:34 pm

    Boston Castle wrote:Proposal updated, just by the way.

    And still not seeing anything worthy of Commendation. Nicely written though.
    Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Former Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

    The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

    Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

    RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

    User avatar
    Boston Castle
    Envoy
     
    Posts: 332
    Founded: Aug 21, 2020
    New York Times Democracy

    Postby Boston Castle » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:32 am

    Hello, everyone! I plan to put this proposal on hold for a bit and to revisit it in a few months' time. I know Biggs has some big plans in the upcoming elections in Thaecia and they should hopefully allow him to add some more to this list!
    About Me | The Castellian WA Delegation

    Minister of World Assembly Affairs, The North Pacific
    Views expressed not necessarily those of TNP and her government unless stated otherwise.

    User avatar
    Outer Sparta
    Postmaster-General
     
    Posts: 13799
    Founded: Dec 26, 2014
    Liberal Democratic Socialists

    Postby Outer Sparta » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:01 pm

    As everyone else has noted, it doesn't warrant quite enough for a commendation at the moment. Perhaps in the future it will.
    I don't stand with Ukraine. I don't stand with Russia. I don't stand with the US, NATO, or EU. I stand with the innocent civilians being caught in the crossfire while the politicians, the media, and weapons manufacturers continue to stoke division and conflict in their geopolitical chess games and treat the people of Ukraine as mere pawns. Zelensky is a corrupt, opportunist oligarchic politician who is not fit to lead Ukraine through anything and wants to inflate his own ego and offshore accounts.

    User avatar
    Kor Pantaal
    Secretary
     
    Posts: 35
    Founded: Jun 27, 2020
    Civil Rights Lovefest

    Postby Kor Pantaal » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:57 pm

    Boston Castle wrote:Hello, everyone! I'm not hardly new to this game (my former main is Hulldom), but I am a first time author and on the advice of the The Cretox State, I'm submitting this proposal to commend The Bigtopia onto the SC sub-forum to make sur it passes muster. Any feedback you can give or suggestions for strengthening the proposal would be fantastic!

    The Security Council,

    RECOGNIZING that regional harmony is hard to preserve in the best of times,

    BELIEVING that nations which contribute materially to preserving the functioning and harmony of a region are worthy of respect,

    NOTICING their contributions to the last WA Secretary-General Election wherein they stood for election, brought humor and panache to a serious campaign, and attracted the support of many nations and regions including recruiting The Stalker from Hell, a WA-commended region, to serve as their running mate for Vice-Secretary General,

    FURTHER NOTICING that The Bigtopia has contributed to the regional stability of Thaecia by:

    • Serving as Chairman of the Thaecian Senate, the upper house of Thaecia’s legislature, for one full term or four months, presiding over the Senate and working passing of various laws which help to govern Thaecia today, such as LR 004, which limited Thaecians to one government position, and LR 022, which established Thaecia’s Electoral Commission and administers elections in the aforementioned region;
    • Serving as Foreign Minister of Thaecia for nearly half a year, where he oversaw the improvement of relations with well-established and long-lived regions such as Europeia and the East Pacific, notable due to Thaecia’s relative youth;
    • Serving as a member of an Interim Government, as Foreign Minister, when the delegacy of Thaecia was thrown into doubt due to the ejection of the newly elected delegate from the World Assembly, thus preserving the integrity of the region in an exceedingly vulnerable moment;
    • Successfully crafting, and getting adopted, a Treaty of Friendship between Thaecia and The East Pacific which includes cultural exchanges between the two regions, intelligence sharing, and military obligations in the event either region requests military assistance; and
    • Successfully working to normalize relations between Thaecia and Europeia, a well-established region with a long and proud history,

    APPLAUDING The Bigtopia’s efforts to preserve the diplomatic standing of Thaecia in times of crisis, such as:

    RECOGNIZING that The Bigtopia has contributed immensely to the wider NS community through:


    HEREBY COMMENDS The Bigtopia.

    Co-Authored by Orca and Narwhal.


    Edit: Missing bracket added to Thaecia in the point about Biggs' tenure as Senate Chairman.
    The Security Council,

    RECOGNIZING that regional harmony is hard to preserve in the best of times,

    BELIEVING that nations which contribute materially to preserving the functioning and harmony of a region are worthy of respect,

    NOTICING that The Bigtopia contributed to the regional stability of The Sunshine Legion through their nation The Dylanese where they served as World Assembly Delegate for nearly half a year.

    FURTHER NOTICING that The Bigtopia has contributed to the regional stability of Thaecia by:

    • Serving as Chairman of the Thaecian Senate for one full term or four months.
    • Serving as Foreign Minister of Thaecia for nearly half a year.
    • Serving as a member of an Interim Government, as Foreign Minister, when the delegacy of Thaecia was thrown into doubt due to the ejection of the newly elected delegate from the World Assembly.
    • Successfully crafting, and getting adopted, a Treaty of Friendship between Thaecia and The East Pacific.
    • Successfully working to normalize relations between Thaecia and Europeia.
    APPLAUDING The Bigtopia’s efforts to preserve the diplomatic standing of Thaecia in times of crisis, such as:
    • Successfully working to stabilize the situation when Thaecia withdrew from the Assembly of Regions.
    • Successfully navigating strained relations with the New Western Empire and Enadia due to the issuance of an ultimatum by those regions to Thaecia.
    • Working to stabilize Thaecian foreign policy during the period of the ultimatum sent by New Western Empire and Enadia, when embassy regions such as Conch Kingdom and Thalassia withdrew their embassies in response to controversial recruiting practices employed by Thaecia.

    RECOGNIZING that The Bigtopia has contributed immensely to the stability of the wider NS community through:

    HEREBY COMMENDS The Bigtopia.


    Edit: italicized portions are a new point.

    Edit 2: removed regions that were part of the AoR.

    First, this draft needs a little more international praise as it is not equal to the amount of Thaecian contribution. I'd recommend doing some research on more commendable actions The Bigtopia has done for the International Community on NS.
    Founder to Nova Lisseum

    WEAR A MASK AND WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS!!!

    Former President of Nova Lisseum, Magistrate in Alvonia, Parliamntary Candidate in Enadia,


    I'm a Libertarian Progressive Socialist. (Centre-Left)
    I'm a Pianist, composer, and Discord Moderators for many servers.
    "Democracy can be unfair sometimes, but the important part of it is that your right to vote is its lifeline. Never give up on it for without it, you loose your liberty to vote by not doing so. It's you job to keep is safe...”
    - Kor Pantaal
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

    User avatar
    Kor Pantaal
    Secretary
     
    Posts: 35
    Founded: Jun 27, 2020
    Civil Rights Lovefest

    Postby Kor Pantaal » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:58 pm

    Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
    Boston Castle wrote:Proposal updated, just by the way.

    And still not seeing anything worthy of Commendation. Nicely written though.

    I've never once in my entire life ever seen you not say that, lol.
    Founder to Nova Lisseum

    WEAR A MASK AND WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS!!!

    Former President of Nova Lisseum, Magistrate in Alvonia, Parliamntary Candidate in Enadia,


    I'm a Libertarian Progressive Socialist. (Centre-Left)
    I'm a Pianist, composer, and Discord Moderators for many servers.
    "Democracy can be unfair sometimes, but the important part of it is that your right to vote is its lifeline. Never give up on it for without it, you loose your liberty to vote by not doing so. It's you job to keep is safe...”
    - Kor Pantaal
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

    User avatar
    Outer Sparta
    Postmaster-General
     
    Posts: 13799
    Founded: Dec 26, 2014
    Liberal Democratic Socialists

    Postby Outer Sparta » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:02 pm

    Kor Pantaal wrote:
    Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:And still not seeing anything worthy of Commendation. Nicely written though.

    I've never once in my entire life ever seen you not say that, lol.

    If BBD says it's worthy of a commendation, then it definitely is. As for the proposal itself, it's on the right track for sure.
    I don't stand with Ukraine. I don't stand with Russia. I don't stand with the US, NATO, or EU. I stand with the innocent civilians being caught in the crossfire while the politicians, the media, and weapons manufacturers continue to stoke division and conflict in their geopolitical chess games and treat the people of Ukraine as mere pawns. Zelensky is a corrupt, opportunist oligarchic politician who is not fit to lead Ukraine through anything and wants to inflate his own ego and offshore accounts.

    User avatar
    Kor Pantaal
    Secretary
     
    Posts: 35
    Founded: Jun 27, 2020
    Civil Rights Lovefest

    Postby Kor Pantaal » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:07 pm

    Outer Sparta wrote:
    Kor Pantaal wrote:I've never once in my entire life ever seen you not say that, lol.

    If BBD says it's worthy of a commendation, then it definitely is. As for the proposal itself, it's on the right track for sure.

    i agree, :lol:
    Founder to Nova Lisseum

    WEAR A MASK AND WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS!!!

    Former President of Nova Lisseum, Magistrate in Alvonia, Parliamntary Candidate in Enadia,


    I'm a Libertarian Progressive Socialist. (Centre-Left)
    I'm a Pianist, composer, and Discord Moderators for many servers.
    "Democracy can be unfair sometimes, but the important part of it is that your right to vote is its lifeline. Never give up on it for without it, you loose your liberty to vote by not doing so. It's you job to keep is safe...”
    - Kor Pantaal
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

    Next

    Advertisement

    Remove ads

    Return to Security Council

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Savonir, South Newlandia, Tepertopia

    Advertisement

    Remove ads