NATION

PASSWORD

[Abandoned-Mission Accomplished] Liberate The Embassy

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kromerov
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kromerov » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:05 am

Codd wrote:Conducting such an action against a region that has done no wrong will only continue to show that the World Assembly is just the enforcer of the left, further solidifying resentment from the right.

Please, you're only making the situation worse with hot takes like these.
To see what Kromerov will become in the future, check out Kalaascovy
And I am so gay

Codd
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Codd » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:08 am

Say what you will, but what is being proposed here will not help relations between the two sides.

Jakker City
Envoy

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:51 am

I think it is pretty telling that fascist nations (at least 2 now) are starting to come and voice their opposition to this. And I can guarantee that there are more behind the scenes and they will fight for this not to pass. Hopefully it shows the rest of you that the proposal's arguments have truth and if The Embassy want to be on the proper side of this, they will close those fascist embassies like they said they would.
Last edited by Jakker City on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Apostate
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Apostate » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:18 am

2 nations? Oh no! And the 11 regions listed in your draft listed as "Fascist" which may or may not be true, out of over 4600. BIG reach.

Also, if a liberation passes, as the moderator in red said, the password is gone. End of story.

Just remember to reach out to your allies and urge them not to vote for the 2nd region that would like to raid the embassy.

The implied commentary from praeceps or however his name is spelt is that The North Pacific is behind this as well, since he is an officer in their military as well.

Keep the Embassy free!
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

What a man really says when he says that someone else can be persuaded by force, is that he himself is incapable of more rational means of communication.

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Apostate wrote:The implied commentary from praeceps or however his name is spelt is that The North Pacific is behind this as well, since he is an officer in their military as well.

:eyebrow:

TIL I am an officer in The North Pacific's military.

If you want to know what the position of The North Pacific, seems like reading the post that the Minister of World Assembly Affairs and current WA Delegate would help you figure out the position much better...
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:27 pm

Jakker City wrote:I think it is pretty telling that fascist nations (at least 2 now) are starting to come and voice their opposition to this. And I can guarantee that there are more behind the scenes and they will fight for this not to pass. Hopefully it shows the rest of you that the proposal's arguments have truth and if The Embassy want to be on the proper side of this, they will close those fascist embassies like they said they would.
OOC: Again, Reductio ad Hitlerum and Guilt by Association.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Sail Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sail Nation » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:39 pm

Jakker City wrote:I think it is pretty telling that fascist nations (at least 2 now) are starting to come and voice their opposition to this. And I can guarantee that there are more behind the scenes and they will fight for this not to pass. Hopefully it shows the rest of you that the proposal's arguments have truth and if The Embassy want to be on the proper side of this, they will close those fascist embassies like they said they would.

Just because fascist nations oppose this, doesn't mean that everyone opposing this are fascists, Nazis or Nazi sympathizers.

One question: Are you seriously concerned about The Embassy promoting Fascism, or do you simply want to do another large raid on a embassy-collecting region? Just take a look at The Embassy's RMB and you will see that from recent posts that they are anti-fascist.

Finally, I ask The Ambassador's Reception to consider removing all OOC fascist regions, or any regions that slipped through that former bot that was being used (whatever it was, I can't exactly remember).

EDIT: I've noticed that fascist embassies are currently being closed. If all of them are closed, are you willing to drop this proposal. If you don't then I'll take it that the purpose of the proposal was to create a raiding opportunity, rather than fight fascism.
Last edited by Sail Nation on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former WA delegate, MP and Prime Minister in Lorania
MP in Thaecia (as Prussian Sail Nation)
Travelling nationstates (as Sail Nation Travellers), reviewing regions as I go

I'm a Christian and a Liberal. I won't enforce my beliefs on you, so please don't enforce yours on me.

Pro: Leaving things in my sig that I don't like anymore
Anti: Use of pros and antis in sigs

Codd
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Codd » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:04 pm

These leftists only care about one thing, and that's crushing ideologies not in compliance with their own. They will not listen to reason, don't bother trying to negotiate.

Paleoconservative Citizens
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Paleoconservative Citizens » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:17 pm

And? Two fascist nations are against it, so therefore your raid is justified? Fascists are people, too, and can have opinions, but just because they are against this (which, I am as well) doesn't mean The Embassy is fascist, it just means people can see you're true intentions.
Lutheran, Conservative. An ancient puppet brought to you by The Sladerstan
Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works, likewise, bad works do not make a bad man, but a bad man does bad works.

Chris White, leader of AAPC

Disclaimer: I often use gender and sex as interchangeable terms.

Jakker City
Envoy

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:21 pm

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:

And? Two fascist nations are against it, so therefore your raid is justified? Fascists are people, too, and can have opinions, but just because they are against this (which, I am as well) doesn't mean The Embassy is fascist, it just means people can see you're true intentions.

Just to be clear, I have never once accused The Embassy of being fascist.

Sail Nation wrote:EDIT: I've noticed that fascist embassies are currently being closed. If all of them are closed, are you willing to drop this proposal. If you don't then I'll take it that the purpose of the proposal was to create a raiding opportunity, rather than fight fascism.

How exciting! I am thankful that this proposal has done so much to shift the region in a more positive direction. Once the embassies close, then it won't make sense for me to pursue this further at this time. I do find it interesting that KAISERREICH's embassy remains. I do see that the region seems to be anti-fascist now, but people are also telling me that they are still fascist. Does anyone have more information there?

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:20 pm

KR are attempting reforms. Unless they go back to their old ways, we should start being more accepting.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:00 pm

Congratulations on a successful proposal Jakker.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:51 pm

Codd wrote:These leftists only care about one thing, and that's crushing ideologies not in compliance with their own. They will not listen to reason, don't bother trying to negotiate.

We have no compassion, and we ask no compassion from you. When fascist founders CTE, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Regardless of whether you agree with the tactic of proposing the resolution, the result is at least a positive one.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:38 pm

Codd wrote:Say what you will, but what is being proposed here will not help relations between the two sides.

I think you mistake the Left as wanting positive relations with Fascists. We don't want relations, we want them fucking gone.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:01 am

Codd wrote:These leftists only care about one thing, and that's crushing ideologies not in compliance with their own. They will not listen to reason, don't bother trying to negotiate.

Leftists? Where did you get that from? Some raiders didn't like that the embassy had embassies with fascist regions, so they were going to raid it, blah blah blah (not saying I support raiding the embassy - I wholeheartedly denounce it).

But where did you get leftists from? Because people don't want the embassy to have fascist embassies? Seems like a big leap to me...
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

East Blepia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby East Blepia » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:14 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:I think you mistake the Left as wanting positive relations with Fascists. We don't want relations, we want them fucking gone.

I think that this is quite a delusional approach. You can not exterminate the ideology of fascism, nor can you exterminate the community of fascists existing on NationStates. It just can not be done. I think the best approach is for both sides to quit antagonising each other with ridiculous proposals like these and to quit being so puritanical. NationStates has fascists on it. NationStates has communists and anarchists on it. That's just what happens in a political community, there are going to be extremists. This is not news and it is not a surprise. If this ever went to vote (and that is a tremendously large 'if'), it would fail miserably, and it would look like a win for the fascists. As I said in an earlier post:

Internet fascists, so long as they do not actually commit violence, are people too. They have friends, families, pets, and hobbies, just like you. They have the beliefs they hold because they believe that they are ultimately sweet and good. Why should we make an effort of isolating and insulating them? Will other people catch the fascism? If that's the case, by the same logic it is just as likely for fascists to be relieved of the fascism. Good and honest discourse can never be had so long as one dehumanises and attempts to isolate the other side.

All of this is just foolish.
20 years in Iraq and Afghanistan, 10 years in Syria, constant brinksmanship with Iran, $230 billion[1] and counting in military and economic aid to a first-world country, and the agitation of Islamic extremism[2] causing tens of thousands of civilian deaths is not enough. America MUST do more for Israel. If you ask what we get in exchange, you are an anti-semite.

1. https://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf "As of March 2020, in 2018 U.S. dollars (inflation-adjusted), total U.S.
aid to Israel... is $236 billion."

2. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/nov/24/theobserver "Why are we fighting and opposing you? The answer is very simple...You attacked us in Palestine...the degree of American support for Israel"

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:35 pm

East Blepia wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:I think you mistake the Left as wanting positive relations with Fascists. We don't want relations, we want them fucking gone.

I think that this is quite a delusional approach. You can not exterminate the ideology of fascism, nor can you exterminate the community of fascists existing on NationStates. It just can not be done. I think the best approach is for both sides to quit antagonising each other with ridiculous proposals like these and to quit being so puritanical. NationStates has fascists on it. NationStates has communists and anarchists on it. That's just what happens in a political community, there are going to be extremists. This is not news and it is not a surprise. If this ever went to vote (and that is a tremendously large 'if'), it would fail miserably, and it would look like a win for the fascists. As I said in an earlier post:

Internet fascists, so long as they do not actually commit violence, are people too. They have friends, families, pets, and hobbies, just like you. They have the beliefs they hold because they believe that they are ultimately sweet and good. Why should we make an effort of isolating and insulating them? Will other people catch the fascism? If that's the case, by the same logic it is just as likely for fascists to be relieved of the fascism. Good and honest discourse can never be had so long as one dehumanises and attempts to isolate the other side.

All of this is just foolish.

This is a discussion about a single Gameplay decision, not a call to ban fascists from the website. Fascists uninterested in Gameplay are largely uneffected by this, so there's no need to threadjack with a larger discussion about their presence on the site or their real life character.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:06 pm

You may want to advise your Minister of War about that. Flying the North Korean flag in a fascist haven seems a tad counter-productive lol. Either way, I don't agree with the premise here, but I suppose this was successful, so good on Jakker.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Sail Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sail Nation » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:04 am

Back on topic, I believe there is little or no point of this proposal now. It would need serious amending to even say the truth, and now that The Embassy has taken a anti-fascist stance, there is little motive behind it. I'm unsure as to whether this could even reach quorum, let alone pass.

I'm a Christian and a Liberal. I won't enforce my beliefs on you, so please don't enforce yours on me.

Team Leo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 02, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Team Leo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:52 am

First of all there is no oroof that the embassy if fascist even if they have ties with many nazis. They have done nothing wrong we all know that TBH wanna take the embassy as a trophy like you did to secfanatics. TBH just wanta attention Second of all you shouldn't mention the fascist regions. I mean I understand why you liberated CCD and Nazi Europa but liberating the embassy is just cruel. They have done nothing wrong and they are closing ties with fascist pregions. Also you should treat IC fascists with respect they are still people and player
Last edited by Team Leo on Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Team Leo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 02, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Team Leo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:56 am

Sail Nation wrote:Back on topic, I believe there is little or no point of this proposal now. It would need serious amending to even say the truth, and now that The Embassy has taken a anti-fascist stance, there is little motive behind it. I'm unsure as to whether this could even reach quorum, let alone pass.

Trust me it will since TBH and other regions wanna raid it

Sail Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sail Nation » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:54 am

Team Leo wrote:
Sail Nation wrote:Back on topic, I believe there is little or no point of this proposal now. It would need serious amending to even say the truth, and now that The Embassy has taken a anti-fascist stance, there is little motive behind it. I'm unsure as to whether this could even reach quorum, let alone pass.

Trust me it will since TBH and other regions wanna raid it

We all know that is the REAL motives behind this, even though some people say that this is about stopping fascism. The reason why? A TBH officer is the author. There is motives for TBH, maybe TNP and other raiders, but most of the WA will be against it. A lot of delegates probably quite like having a region like the embassy, because it is a great way to communicate with hundreds of other nations, a great way to promote their regions.

World Assembly Nation 665
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 17, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby World Assembly Nation 665 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:57 am

Sail Nation wrote:
Team Leo wrote:Trust me it will since TBH and other regions wanna raid it

We all know that is the REAL motives behind this, even though some people say that this is about stopping fascism. The reason why? A TBH officer is the author. There is motives for TBH, maybe TNP and other raiders, but most of the WA will be against it. A lot of delegates probably quite like having a region like the embassy, because it is a great way to communicate with hundreds of other nations, a great way to promote their regions.

"Raiders are so predictable, and can only have one motive."
Black Hawk Corporal.

I don't have anything original to put here.

Aurum Raider
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aurum Raider » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:25 am

Sail Nation wrote:A lot of delegates probably quite like having a region like the embassy, because it is a great way to communicate with hundreds of other nations, a great way to promote their regions.

Interestingly, this very property of the embassy is what makes holding it accountable so important.

The Ambassadors Reception wrote:There has been no policy to retrospectively close these embassies. That would have shown us to not be "neutral".

Addressing this specifically - you are filtering out fascist regions to begin with, you have not been neutral from the outset. Instead you've been concerned with the optics of being neutral.

You have proven that you will not do the right thing on your own - instead of just closing the embassies and suppressing fascist RMB posts - you have a meek policy of trying to bury the message.

Evidently, proposals like this are the only way to hold you to account. You evidently felt that keeping the embassies open was wrong - you've gone ahead and closed them. Good on you.

It should not have taken bullying you with a WASC proposal to do it.
Vleerian Vytherov-Denral
Cognitohazard

The North Polish Union wrote:Additionally, virtually all founderless regions are viewed as falling under the defenders' allegedly protective purview. This is a form of colonialism that the great imperialist regions of NS history could only dream of.

Sail Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sail Nation » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:16 am

Aurum Raider wrote:
Sail Nation wrote:A lot of delegates probably quite like having a region like the embassy, because it is a great way to communicate with hundreds of other nations, a great way to promote their regions.

Interestingly, this very property of the embassy is what makes holding it accountable so important.

Holding it accountable does not equal threatening them with a Liberation Resolution then persuade TBH and other raider regions to raid them and close all their embassies. Holding them accountable means questioning actions that they take and suggesting ways to improve the region. Can you explain your reasoning please?

You just have to spend 5 minutes on the embassy's page to see that they aren't fascists or promoting fascism. Any pro-fascist RMB messages are fascist regions, asking why their embassy is being closed. Again, this is nothing more than an excuse for TBH to raid the embassy and close all their embassies as a 'joke'.

Can the author of this proposal actually state the REAL intentions of this proposal. Jakker City has been very quiet when I've been posting about the intentions being more about raiding rather than stopping any promotion of fascism, even unintentional

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council