NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Wallenburg

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Commend Wallenburg

Postby Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar » Tue May 05, 2020 8:07 pm

I mean, it had to happen eventually.

The World Assembly,

Noting the nation of Wallenburg is a nation which exists,

Acknowledging all nations which currently exist, exist,

Appreciating that Wallenburg not only exists but has not been in a state of non-existence for more than five years now,

Praising the consistently active government of Wallenburg which has kept the nation from ceasing to exist (herein CTE) for those five years,

Certain that continued existence is a virtue and an accomplishment seeing that most nations cease to exist at some point in time temporarily or permanently,

Noting the damage caused in population stagnation during times of non-existence,

Shocked any government could be so negligent as to let their people suffer in the depraved wasteland of the boneyard during periods of non-existence,

Believing Wallenburg to, therefore, be a paragon of consistent existence,

Hereby commends Wallenburg for having not CTEd in five years.
Last edited by Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar on Tue May 05, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Author of GA #455
Favourite Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9iYAsoX5t8
Aspiring Issue Author (6-times-failed)
Ban Abortion!

"A person's a person, no matter how small."

Choose love over death!

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue May 05, 2020 8:09 pm

You have my support. One day, I hope for my nation to live for as long as the nation of Wallenburg does! :hug:
Last edited by Tinhampton on Tue May 05, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue May 05, 2020 8:11 pm

I will only support a condemnation of Wallenburg. Their existence has no doubt brought unimaginable disgrace on this game.
Last edited by Honeydewistania on Tue May 05, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Tue May 05, 2020 8:35 pm

Tinhampton wrote:You have my support. One day, I hope for my nation to live for as long as the nation of Wallenburg does! :hug:

What exactly is here to support? They didn't CTE in 5 years? Who cares?
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Balaslandia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Balaslandia » Tue May 05, 2020 8:37 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:You have my support. One day, I hope for my nation to live for as long as the nation of Wallenburg does! :hug:

wallenburg is apart of TEP's gov and have done some commendable actions.
PRESIDENT OF CORSICANA
Since 2019

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Tue May 05, 2020 8:39 pm

Wayneactia wrote:

Existing is hard.

Full support from me.
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Tue May 05, 2020 9:03 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is the joke that if this were a serious resolution, it would be absolute anathema to Wally?

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Wed May 06, 2020 10:26 am

I agree that being around for five years is not really commendable on its own. If you do want to try and run with the premise, I'd pick a nation that's been around for longer — surely there are nations that have been active since the game was created. Then add more creative references to game features — instead of "they didn't CTE", maybe "through widespread benevolence and persistence, the nation avoided falling into the terrible state of complete anarchy that so many nations find themselves swept into with the passage of time", "… it took great valiance and strength to keep the national government from basically ceasing to exist." Like that. Take my words with a grain of salt though — I'm not at all an experienced SC writer, and judging by earlier responses even that may not be enough for a commendation.
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Wed May 06, 2020 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Wed May 06, 2020 11:05 am

You must really be scrounging for reasons if you include 'length of time in the game'. But that said, if Wally were to be commended, a recipient deserves a better commendation than this.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed May 06, 2020 11:24 am

I'm relatively sure that this nation has gone without CTE'ing for at least 11 years. Where's my commendation? :(

(Wait, wait. Don't write me one. I've had too many problems with people trying to commend me as it is.)
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Mon May 11, 2020 5:30 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:You must really be scrounging for reasons if you include 'length of time in the game'. But that said, if Wally were to be commended, a recipient deserves a better commendation than this.

No, I think this will do better.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council