NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] [JOKE] Condemn Deruuu

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] [JOKE] Condemn Deruuu

Postby Great Algerstonia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:56 pm

Dear World Assembly,

Shocked, that on April 20th, 2020, a sudden overload in communications and other basic government functions requiring technology rendered governments completely collapsed temporarily;

Noting, that on the same time as this mysterious and fatal event to stability, more then ten thousand nations were declared;

Believing, that a nation named as Deruuu, has inspired more then ten thousands of nations to declare sovereignty and spread government declarations of independence, which caused a shutdown of government functions and communications;

Further believing, that the functions of the World Census Bureau has been greatly affected, more than quadrupling the time it took for them to compile a new update on endorsements and differences in government statistics;

Concluding, that the sudden influx of nations declaring sovereignty had greatly damaged communications and government functions temporarily, while simultaneously damaging the functions of the World Census Bureau,

Hereby condemns Deruuu
Last edited by Great Algerstonia on Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:57 pm

There are only three Us in Deruuu.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:02 pm

Tinhampton wrote:There are only three Us in Deruuu.

Whoops! :oops:
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:05 pm

Enough with these.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:17 pm

Against. I don't see why the Durnil invasion is so bad, and I think this condemnation in particular (because there's been many I've seen) is over exaggerating key parts of the Durnil invasion, including the idea that some people couldn't access the site (which is what this condemnation implies).
I'm a master at arguing right after I hit "submit"

Veni, Vidi, Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered.

Serbia-Macedonia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Serbia-Macedonia » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:19 pm

Against. Aside from the lag (which isn't that bad, it was fixed in a few hours), he actually brought many more people onto NS. Yes, 85% of them will CTE but those who don't will be a lively upgrade to community, as the same people are usually around and you rarely see new faces (Especially on the forums). This is also a sizable amount of people considering his sub count. Drew, I feel, is a wonderful force among the community of strategy and history games in general, and this will certainly benefit both NS and his channel.

Been on NS since 2018, previously for a while in 2003. Big-time Drew fan.

Earthly Heaven
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Earthly Heaven » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:38 am

Serbia-Macedonia wrote:Against. Aside from the lag (which isn't that bad, it was fixed in a few hours), he actually brought many more people onto NS. Yes, 85% of them will CTE but those who don't will be a lively upgrade to community, as the same people are usually around and you rarely see new faces (Especially on the forums). This is also a sizable amount of people considering his sub count. Drew, I feel, is a wonderful force among the community of strategy and history games in general, and this will certainly benefit both NS and his channel.

Been on NS since 2018, previously for a while in 2003. Big-time Drew fan.

Thank you for being a voice of reason. This is exactly what I agree with. There is no reason to condemn people over minor pains. This overreaction will prevent future highlights and these sort of things bring new life to places like this. I have already seen more people active in TWP than I ever have and I love it. It'll hurt temporarily, but long term, the ones who stay may be future diamonds of the SC or the GA. So I find that worth it.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council