NATION

PASSWORD

[JOKE][ABANDONED] Commend Deruuu

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:26 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Queen Yuno wrote:Full support, this guy singlehandedly got 10,000 people to join NationStates

Maybe 10,000 nations, but nowhere near that many people. It appears that most newbies create 10 or more puppets each, which is quite noticeable when all the person's puppets are based on rulebreaking themes. I think we got more Nazis, racists, sex themes, and poop worshipers in a single day than ever before. It's not exactly a shining achievement.

Plus the site was unstable for several hours as a result of it, which was rather annoying.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Ceterra
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceterra » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:32 pm

Absolutely, huge no from me.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:33 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Queen Yuno wrote:Full support, this guy singlehandedly got 10,000 people to join NationStates

Maybe 10,000 nations, but nowhere near that many people. It appears that most newbies create 10 or more puppets each, which is quite noticeable when all the person's puppets are based on rulebreaking themes. I think we got more Nazis, racists, sex themes, and poop worshipers in a single day than ever before. It's not exactly a shining achievement.

Most?

I'm fairly sure most newbies aren't that malicious. My guess would be that most create one nation, but those that do create multiple will create 50+ for the purpose of DEAT evasion.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:41 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Maybe 10,000 nations, but nowhere near that many people. It appears that most newbies create 10 or more puppets each, which is quite noticeable when all the person's puppets are based on rulebreaking themes. I think we got more Nazis, racists, sex themes, and poop worshipers in a single day than ever before. It's not exactly a shining achievement.

Most?

I'm fairly sure most newbies aren't that malicious. My guess would be that most create one nation, but those that do create multiple will create 50+ for the purpose of DEAT evasion.

Uh, you're arguing that point with someone rather likely to have a decent read on the numbers :p

Zentata
Attaché

Founded: Nov 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Zentata » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:41 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:

That's.... A little sad.
~

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:44 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:
Most?

Uh, you're arguing that point with someone rather likely to have a decent read on the numbers :p

I suppose so.

I just have a hard time believing that the majority of people are here to troll and spam fascist symbols.

Maybe I have too much faith in humanity.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:55 pm

Uhh just cause some famous youtuber made a video hardly means we should commend him... He hasn't even logged on in 6 days, probably won't actually end up playing the game for real, and neither will the bulk of the people he got to join NS.

Commendings should be for people who put in the time and effort into this game, not just someone who has a large social media following and can get the masses to blindly join. We just gonna commend every youtuber who get some people to join with a 5 min video? 5 minuets of effort gets you a commending while others have put decades into this game.

Hell no.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Aurum Raider
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aurum Raider » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:07 pm

I've altered the thread's title to read [JOKE] so that the intent is more clear.

That message has also been added to the OP for posterity's sake.
Vleerian Vytherov-Denral
Cognitohazard

The North Polish Union wrote:Additionally, virtually all founderless regions are viewed as falling under the defenders' allegedly protective purview. This is a form of colonialism that the great imperialist regions of NS history could only dream of.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:53 pm

Aurum Raider wrote:I've altered the thread's title to read [JOKE] so that the intent is more clear.

That message has also been added to the OP for posterity's sake.

fuck
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:06 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:I just have a hard time believing that the majority of people are here to troll and spam fascist symbols.

I never said the majority of players were trolls. I simply stated that a large number of the newbies were creating multiple nations, which is true. It's easy to spot when 10 nations in five minutes have the same odd naming convention or motto or weird national animal. It's particularly easy to spot the nasty ones, since we have a tool with highlights for rude and troll terms. I probably spent 4 hours today (usually 20 minutes) just clearing bad names and custom fields.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:59 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:

Huh, thanks Fris.
that's always an interesting perspective.

Good luck with your mod duties, you'll need it :lol:
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:59 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:I just have a hard time believing that the majority of people are here to troll and spam fascist symbols.

I never said the majority of players were trolls. I simply stated that a large number of the newbies were creating multiple nations, which is true. It's easy to spot when 10 nations in five minutes have the same odd naming convention or motto or weird national animal. It's particularly easy to spot the nasty ones, since we have a tool with highlights for rude and troll terms. I probably spent 4 hours today (usually 20 minutes) just clearing bad names and custom fields.

Lmao damn
4 hours of staring at nasty words
You have lost your mind
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Numero Capitan » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:22 am

If it gives you any sense of solidarity, some of us spent four hours trying to track update to narrow down to an accurate 15s trigger (only to get lagged out of victory and discover the enemy had done the same and was STILL ready to ban :( )
Last edited by Numero Capitan on Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of Defense, 00000 A World Power
Minister of Intelligence, FRA
Potato General
Senator and Attorney General, Europeia
Minister of Security and Minister of Justice, The South Pacific
Minister of War, Fidelia
Royal Council, The Last Kingdom
Crown Prince, Unknown and The Brotherhood of Blood
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED and REDACTED, REDACTED
REDACTED, REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:43 am

Numero Capitan wrote:If it gives you any sense of solidarity, some of us spent four hours trying to track update to narrow down to an accurate 15s trigger (only to get lagged out of victory and discover the enemy had done the same and was STILL ready to ban :( )

Camping put for an extra 3 hours was not fun, no.

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Numero Capitan » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:15 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Numero Capitan wrote:If it gives you any sense of solidarity, some of us spent four hours trying to track update to narrow down to an accurate 15s trigger (only to get lagged out of victory and discover the enemy had done the same and was STILL ready to ban :( )

Camping put for an extra 3 hours was not fun, no.

Quite. Was impressed your point (or is it ours?) was still on!
Minister of Defense, 00000 A World Power
Minister of Intelligence, FRA
Potato General
Senator and Attorney General, Europeia
Minister of Security and Minister of Justice, The South Pacific
Minister of War, Fidelia
Royal Council, The Last Kingdom
Crown Prince, Unknown and The Brotherhood of Blood
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED and REDACTED, REDACTED
REDACTED, REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Sabinia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 16, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sabinia » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:43 pm

This kind of discussion is why I didn't want to be in the WA: some people take it way too seriously. The occasional joke should make it to the rsolution-voting.

Attike
Secretary

Founded: Apr 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Attike » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:52 pm

The discussions on here are funny, as all I see is a bunch of left-wingers making a tremendous issue out of a joke proposal to commend a guy who a played a game and told his friend. Keep in mind neither his channel nor his fanbase are racist: they're just childish. There's a difference in that. Also irregular accounts are a consequence of augmented visibility; but it seems you'ld rather see the game die in oblivion.

Frisbeeteria wrote:[A] large number of the newbies were creating multiple nations, which is true. It's easy to spot when 10 nations in five minutes have the same odd naming convention or motto or weird national animal.

That might be attributed to memes amongst his fanbase, though.
Last edited by Attike on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurum Raider
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aurum Raider » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:17 pm

Attike wrote:The discussions on here are funny, as all I see is a bunch of left-wingers making a tremendous issue out of a joke proposal to commend a guy who a played a game and told his friend. Keep in mind neither his channel nor his fanbase are racist: they're just childish. There's a difference in that. Also irregular accounts are a consequence of augmented visibility; but it seems you'ld rather see the game die in oblivion.

Frisbeeteria wrote:[A] large number of the newbies were creating multiple nations, which is true. It's easy to spot when 10 nations in five minutes have the same odd naming convention or motto or weird national animal.

That might be attributed to memes amongst his fanbase, though.

My initial post didn't have [JOKE] in the title, and was formatted in a very serious way.

I can't really blame people unfamiliar with my trollish sense of humor for taking it seriously.
Vleerian Vytherov-Denral
Cognitohazard

The North Polish Union wrote:Additionally, virtually all founderless regions are viewed as falling under the defenders' allegedly protective purview. This is a form of colonialism that the great imperialist regions of NS history could only dream of.

Saint Nicholas and the Hussars
Envoy

Founded: Feb 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Nicholas and the Hussars » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:22 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:I never said the majority of players were trolls. I simply stated that a large number of the newbies were creating multiple nations, which is true. It's easy to spot when 10 nations in five minutes have the same odd naming convention or motto or weird national animal. It's particularly easy to spot the nasty ones, since we have a tool with highlights for rude and troll terms. I probably spent 4 hours today (usually 20 minutes) just clearing bad names and custom fields.

Lmao damn
4 hours of staring at nasty words
You have lost your mind

Go away kid
Howtoremoveanarchistscumfromnationstates.mp4
Proud sponsor of BARYITE MACHINE CORPORATION™©™ (Powering Manipulation™)™™

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council