NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal: “Condemn The Black Hawks”

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:38 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Bhang Bhang Duc is right that you need to address the contents of the resolution you're looking to repeal. That's a fundamental enough principle that it's enshrined as Rule 2d.

(Note: this isn't a ruling on whether what you've drafted complies with Rule 2d, just emphasising that this is a requirement.)

My intention was that the first two clauses address the content of the resolution itself:

Acknowledging The Black Hawks as one of the most powerful raiding organisations in NationStates;

Recognising that this resolution was originally passed with the intention of condemning The Black Hawks for their vile acts;

I'm not really criticising the content of the resolution, because I don't necessarily disagree with the content of the resolution. Most of it remains relevant and correct: the problem isn't in the content, it's with how the region and greater NationStates community view the resolution.

The next three clauses address this:

Noting, however, that this condemnation is generally considered a "badge of honour" by those within the region;

Presuming the Security Council's rejection of raiding principles, symbolised by the recent election of a defender nation as WA Secretary-General;

Believing that raiding organisations do not deserve such recognition from this august body;

I will likely expand on those first two clauses to better address the resolution in my next draft... woah, what is this blasphemy - forum drafting?!

Jakker wrote:I mean if you want to give more reason to get raided when the time strikes, so be it. ;)

I really don't think so.
Last edited by ShrewLlamaLand on Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:20 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I'll add - this thread isn't about the CCD, it's about Repealing TBH's condemnation.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:If I'm not personally responsible, I don't see why you keep bringing up this old coup attempt that I was never involved in. The CCD didn't submit this proposal - I submitted this proposal.

Partly because you recently contributed to this standard:

Guaylandia wrote:My only problem is that submitting this resolution so soon after the election, and by a former member of CCD, is inevitably going to make it look like it's about CCD.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:It probably seems this way because it is about the CCD. The author spent the better part of a year within the CCD, in that time we gathered a pretty good idea of how they operate.

Let me highlight the key parts especially:

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I'll add - this thread isn't about the CCD.

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:It probably seems this way because it is about the CCD.

If VZ's proposal can be tied to CCD through Renk's relationship with them, then there's no reason why this proposal can't be tied to CCD through your relationship with them. And as a follow-up, if you can accuse Renk of committing tit-for-tat against the CCD, then there's no reason others can't accuse you of committing tit-for-tat for CCD.

It makes sense to say either both of them are about CCD or neither of them are about CCD- you'll be hard pressed to convince people that a specific circumstantial evidence that convicts one proposal of CCD-bias simultaneously acquits another of the same charge.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:44 pm

The Gilded Star wrote:If VZ's proposal can be tied to CCD through Renk's relationship with them, then there's no reason why this proposal can't be tied to CCD through your relationship with them. And as a follow-up, if you can accuse Renk of committing tit-for-tat against the CCD, then there's no reason others can't accuse you of committing tit-for-tat for CCD.

It makes sense to say either both of them are about CCD or neither of them are about CCD- you'll be hard pressed to convince people that a specific circumstantial evidence that convicts one proposal of CCD-bias simultaneously acquits another of the same charge.

Can you explain to me what TBH has apparently done to the CCD to make this a tit-for-tat proposal? If you're going to make this claim, at least state what we're apparently trying to get back at them for.

The CCD is a region with an active founder, and I'm sitting on close to 130 endorsements. TBH poses absolutely no threat to our regional security whatsoever.

If you're going to reference the Sec-Gen election, that a) has nothing to do with the CCD as a region, because a region can't run for Sec-Gen, and b) Trans Anarcho whatever Catgirls would probably be the least guilty out of the top five candidates regarding the rigging of that election.
ShrewLlamaLand

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:44 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Praeceps wrote:I've nowhere made out that you are personally responsible for what the CCD does.

When you are the Delegate of the region in which the founder was involved in an attempted coup, expect that to be relevant when you propose a resolution denouncing those types of actions.

If I'm not personally responsible, I don't see why you keep bringing up this old coup attempt that I was never involved in. The CCD didn't submit this proposal - I submitted this proposal.

Badivermeraed wrote:Hahahahahaha

This gave me a good laugh. Imagine CCD, repealing a condemnation. For raiding.

What exactly about this do you find funny>

Ah yes, the "old" coup revealed just a couple of months ago. Nice.

It's relevant due to your position in the region.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Badivermeraed
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Badivermeraed » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:38 pm

Badivermeraed wrote:Hahahahahaha

This gave me a good laugh. Imagine CCD, repealing a condemnation. For raiding.

What exactly about this do you find funny>[/quote]

I just think it's funny how you say you've have this on your list for a while, but we all know you're butt hurt. This isn't even gonna get approved by a majority, I'd think.
The boys are back in town!

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:51 pm

Have never really understood why people try so hard to repeal these condemnations. Kind of just sounds petty judging from all of the other statements. TBH are and always have been pretty deserving of the recognition regardless of how you feel about them
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:16 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The Gilded Star wrote:If VZ's proposal can be tied to CCD through Renk's relationship with them, then there's no reason why this proposal can't be tied to CCD through your relationship with them. And as a follow-up, if you can accuse Renk of committing tit-for-tat against the CCD, then there's no reason others can't accuse you of committing tit-for-tat for CCD.

Can you explain to me what TBH has apparently done to the CCD to make this a tit-for-tat proposal? If you're going to make this claim, at least state what we're apparently trying to get back at them for.

The CCD is a region with an active founder, and I'm sitting on close to 130 endorsements. TBH poses absolutely no threat to our regional security whatsoever.

If you're going to reference the Sec-Gen election, that a) has nothing to do with the CCD as a region, because a region can't run for Sec-Gen, and b) Trans Anarcho whatever Catgirls would probably be the least guilty out of the top five candidates regarding the rigging of that election.

Helped beat you in the election, ergo tit for tat
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Anarchitaria
Envoy

Founded: Sep 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarchitaria » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:43 am

If Jocospor can't recieve his badge of honor, then nobody gets any badge of honor!
Peter Kropotkin wrote, “We accustom ourselves and our children to hypocrisy, to the practice of a double-faced morality. And since the brain is ill at ease among lies, we cheat ourselves with sophistry. Hypocrisy and sophistry become the second nature of the civilized man. But a society cannot live thus; it must return to truth or cease to exist.” The Conquest of Bread (1892)

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:09 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Jakker wrote:I mean if you want to give more reason to get raided when the time strikes, so be it. ;)

I really don't think so.

Then I wouldn't run around pissing in other peoples swimming pools. It has a nasty habit of coming back to bite you in the ass later down the road.

Just sayin'
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:18 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:I really don't think so.

Then I wouldn't run around pissing in other peoples swimming pools. It has a nasty habit of coming back to bite you in the ass later down the road.

Just sayin'

Jocospor and I aren't going anywhere, and as long as we are present the CCD is under zero threat from raiders.

As long as NationStates stands, the CCD will stand.
ShrewLlamaLand

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:21 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:Then I wouldn't run around pissing in other peoples swimming pools. It has a nasty habit of coming back to bite you in the ass later down the road.

Just sayin'

Jocospor and I aren't going anywhere, and as long as we are present the CCD is under zero threat from raiders.

Pretty sure I've heard similar words from other people, until they weren't here anymore.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:33 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:Then I wouldn't run around pissing in other peoples swimming pools. It has a nasty habit of coming back to bite you in the ass later down the road.

Just sayin'

Press X to doubt....
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:38 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:

Just sayin'

Again, I really don't understand your attitude:
The New California Republic wrote:It's just weird. They have decided to revel in being hated (as their dispatches and main region page show), but then are salty when that hate has actual consequences for them? Something doesn't quite square there...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:30 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:

Just sayin'

Do not overstate your importance. If Jocospor is gone you will hardly be sufficient to protect the CCD.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:34 am

Praeceps wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Jocospor and I aren't going anywhere, and as long as we are present the CCD is under zero threat from raiders.

Do not overstate your importance. If Jocospor is gone you will hardly be sufficient to protect the CCD.

Jocospor and I know each other in real life, it's never something we've tried to hide. If Jocospor ever decides to quit I'm sure we'll work something out.
ShrewLlamaLand

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:37 am

Support
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:11 pm

I have decided to refocus my Condemn TBH repeal attempt on SC#52 at first, given a repeal of this older proposal seems more popular among NSGP.

I note that, regardless of whether you believe TBH deserves a condemnation or not, SC#217 much better details TBH's "achievements", and a single condemn is apparently sufficient for every other nation/region condemned in the history of the Security Council.
ShrewLlamaLand

Aurum Raider
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aurum Raider » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:51 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:A single condemn is apparently sufficient for every other nation/region condemned in the history of the Security Council.

TBR held two before being Deleted. Long-dead regions aside, though

SC#52 may be 'lacking' in comparison to SC#217, but that's more indicative of how good a writer The Stalker is, and all the things TBH accomplished in a 6-year span. There is very little material in either resolution that can be argued over - the majority of it is all factual.

TBH has raided hundreds of regions. They've raided hundreds of regions this month alone, and to deny this is a reach that any newcomer to R/D will call you out on. Your core - and only - argument is something that anybody remotely versed in R/D can categorically refute.

If you don't think that TBH deserves the condemnation, then you probably should spend a little more time reasoning out exactly why that is.
Vleerian Vytherov-Denral
Cognitohazard

The North Polish Union wrote:Additionally, virtually all founderless regions are viewed as falling under the defenders' allegedly protective purview. This is a form of colonialism that the great imperialist regions of NS history could only dream of.

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:14 pm

Shrew, TBH is more worthy of getting a third condemnation at some point than they are to lose even the less substantive condemnation of SC#52.

They're just really that good at raiding. It feels like this is much more of a ploy to complain about "the WA Elite" more if I'm being entirely honest with you.
Always watching

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:21 pm

From my other thread:

The occupation of Asia is technically a raid, you put a bunch of nations into a region and took over the WA delegacy. This isn't a successful raid, because either you didn't even bother to try to successfully secure or refound the region, or the attempt has been prevented by "Liberate Asia" which you're apparently content to roll over and let past.

If TBH were really, truly "the super evil raiding region" like the two condemns apparently suggest, you'd be trying everything to stop the liberation, quorum raiding if you couldn't stop it otherwise, and refounding the region just to prove a point to the rest of NationStates.
ShrewLlamaLand

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:00 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:If TBH were really, truly "the super evil raiding region" like the two condemns apparently suggest, you'd be trying everything to stop the liberation, quorum raiding if you couldn't stop it otherwise, and refounding the region just to prove a point to the rest of NationStates.

There's a difference between raiding and region crashing. TBH so far hasn't really cared much for region crashing as far as I can tell. Region crashing also isn't the norm.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council