NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Condemn The World Assembly Elite

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:30 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:None of that speaks for the "common nations and regions of NS" at large, as if it is a widespread view, which is what you were trying to assert, so pull the other one. ;)

Note that the linked screenshot was taken only 12 hours after my campaign telegram was sent out.

My proposal was not only successful in very quickly gaining approvals, it actually gained those approvals quicker than the recently passed "Commend Kuriko". I'll also add that a counter-campaign telegram was extremely ineffective at removing support for the proposal, which is why the raids were necessary at preventing it from reaching quorum.

I would very strongly argue that if a proposal is to reach quorum that quickly, and with strong enough support that a counter-campaign is largely ineffective, it speaks for the many Delegates who have approved it that they do want to see it voted on.

You'll have to explain your point of view regarding how this is not the case?

It's pretty obvious what I'm getting at, as I have clearly spelled it out for you in the post you just quoted, so you must be intentionally misinterpreting it. If it isn't intentional however, then I'm not stooping to the level of handholding you through the process of understanding it.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:42 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Note that the linked screenshot was taken only 12 hours after my campaign telegram was sent out.

My proposal was not only successful in very quickly gaining approvals, it actually gained those approvals quicker than the recently passed "Commend Kuriko". I'll also add that a counter-campaign telegram was extremely ineffective at removing support for the proposal, which is why the raids were necessary at preventing it from reaching quorum.

I would very strongly argue that if a proposal is to reach quorum that quickly, and with strong enough support that a counter-campaign is largely ineffective, it speaks for the many Delegates who have approved it that they do want to see it voted on.

You'll have to explain your point of view regarding how this is not the case?

It's pretty obvious what I'm getting at, as I have clearly spelled it out for you in the post you just quoted, so you must be intentionally misinterpreting it. If it isn't intentional however, then I'm not stooping to the level of handholding you through the process of understanding it.

My proposal had more support than "Commend Kuriko" during the approval process. The difference here is that this proposal reached quorum because no one interfered with it, ours did not because of the aforementioned Delegate toppling.

I know what you're trying to imply, your logic just doesn't make any sense.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:45 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It's pretty obvious what I'm getting at, as I have clearly spelled it out for you in the post you just quoted, so you must be intentionally misinterpreting it. If it isn't intentional however, then I'm not stooping to the level of handholding you through the process of understanding it.

My proposal had more support than "Commend Kuriko" during the approval process. The difference here is that this proposal reached quorum because no one interfered with it, ours did not because of the aforementioned Delegate toppling.

I know what you're trying to imply, your logic just doesn't make any sense.

I really really don't think you do though, as shown by the fact you think I'm trying to imply something when I'm actually not.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Byrdonia
Secretary

Founded: Jul 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Byrdonia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:20 pm

If only we could stage a coup somehow. Yes that would work.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:53 pm

You lot have a lot to learn about NS. If you want something to change then post some good ideas in technical and encourage discussion on them, not a SC or GP shitting match. If all you want is attention (good or bad) then continue on your current trend just know you'll never achieve any change just brief fame as 'oh that guy is here again'. And then you'll be forgotten.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:55 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:You lot have a lot to learn about NS. If you want something to change then post some good ideas in technical and encourage discussion on them, not a SC or GP shitting match. If all you want is attention (good or bad) then continue on your current trend just know you'll never achieve any change just brief fame as 'oh that guy is here again'. And then you'll be forgotten.

Honestly, I think most of shrew’s fame is no more than ‘oh that guy is here again.’ That’s what I think when I see them anyways, I can’t speak for others.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:00 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:You lot have a lot to learn about NS. If you want something to change then post some good ideas in technical and encourage discussion on them, not a SC or GP shitting match. If all you want is attention (good or bad) then continue on your current trend just know you'll never achieve any change just brief fame as 'oh that guy is here again'. And then you'll be forgotten.

Funny you mention that...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=482132
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=483417

No one seemed particuarly receptive to my proposed changes.
ShrewLlamaLand

Astarey
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Astarey » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:03 pm

Skip to the end and start writing proposals advocating armed revolution against the world assembly, please. It sounds fun, doesn't it? You know you want to burn presidential palaces down :D
This nation represents my (Henry Kissinger The Third) views to a T, except when it's not not not not not not not not not opposite day.

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:06 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Syberis wrote:So, I have a question. IF the WA Elite exists. IF you somehow manage to get this to quorum...

You need the WA Elite to vote to condemn themselves for this to pass. Is this just another guaranteed failure for CCD to be angry about and not shut up about for months?

That is correct, I'm aware our chances of this passing are realistically slim. Definitely non-zero, but slim.

No, if it fails, this is not something we're going complain about - we just want to see it fairly get to vote (as it should have done five days ago without interference from five GCRs). It is very clear that the common nations and regions of NS want to see this voted on.

This might be the biggest load of bullshit I've seen on NSGP ever lmao. A: WHEN this doe not pass(assuming you by some stroke of luck reach quorum with it) in all reality it will be used as something to complain about when it doesn't pass for being fundamentally idiotic.
B: As previously mentioned, it is nowhere remotely near clear that the "common nations and regions" want this to be voted on. All I'm seeing is a bunch of sore losers pissed off for losing an UNIMPORTANT April Fool's campaign and are trying to take it out on GCR's.

Ultimately I look at it like this: Don't want people to fash-bash you either in a raid or through WA proposals or some silly joke election? Pretty simple, don't spend you're time running around with fash, being fash, or anything else. As was mentioned in the CCN's NSGP thread, the guise of "IC RP" by recruiters to real life fash movements is known to have happened here. Your dog whistles that are so espoused by fascists in reality aren't going to work here.

Now that I've gotten my gripes with your reasoning behind the proposal out of the way. This one is just as silly as the Condemn This Game proposal was, and I'm of the opinion the C/C's should only be used for players really good at doing good things for the community at large, or being really good at being really bad.
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:12 pm

Kanglia wrote:This might be the biggest load of bullshit I've seen on NSGP ever lmao. A: WHEN this doe not pass(assuming you by some stroke of luck reach quorum with it) in all reality it will be used as something to complain about when it doesn't pass for being fundamentally idiotic.
B: As previously mentioned, it is nowhere remotely near clear that the "common nations and regions" want this to be voted on. All I'm seeing is a bunch of sore losers pissed off for losing an UNIMPORTANT April Fool's campaign and are trying to take it out on GCR's.

See my previous post:

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It isn't "very clear" at all. Fucking nonsense. :roll:

Kathol Rift wrote:I haven’t heard anybody other than you and a few other Jocospor fanboys say that they want to see this voted on or that they want to destroy the WA Elite. If you want to say it’s very clear that people want to see this voted on, you’ll need to pull some actual evidence out instead of just expecting us to believe it.

If you actually read through this thread, you'd see my post here: viewtopic.php?p=36954898#p36954898

This was before the first set of raids; the proposal would have easily made quorum otherwise:

Kanglia wrote:Ultimately I look at it like this: Don't want people to fash-bash you either in a raid or through WA proposals or some silly joke election? Pretty simple, don't spend you're time running around with fash, being fash, or anything else. As was mentioned in the CCN's NSGP thread, the guise of "IC RP" by recruiters to real life fash movements is known to have happened here. Your dog whistles that are so espoused by fascists in reality aren't going to work here.

CCD is not a fascist region.

Kanglia wrote:Now that I've gotten my gripes with your reasoning behind the proposal out of the way. This one is just as silly as the Condemn This Game proposal was, and I'm of the opinion the C/C's should only be used for players really good at doing good things for the community at large, or being really good at being really bad.

Emphasis mine, applies perfectly to the WA Elite.
ShrewLlamaLand

Rost Dreadnorramus
Envoy

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rost Dreadnorramus » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:22 pm

I'll support this when it comes to vote.
0=={]=====>

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:50 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Funny you mention that...

Because you referred to your own region and how it affects you. Posts in Technical gain more traction if they help the game, not just you. This whole proposal is your region feeling hard done by. If you truly want to change sections of the game then do so without the regional tag, do it as a player. Meaningless SC proposals will do sweet feck all in the grand scheme of things, this'll be forgotten next month.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

The Pharcyde
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pharcyde » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:57 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:

Because you referred to your own region and how it affects you. Posts in Technical gain more traction if they help the game, not just you. This whole proposal is your region feeling hard done by. If you truly want to change sections of the game then do so without the regional tag, do it as a player. Meaningless SC proposals will do sweet feck all in the grand scheme of things, this'll be forgotten next month.

And meaningful SC proposals arguably do sweet feck all as well! :lol2:
Fire Republic of Pharcyde
Огненная Република Фарсайда
The Pharcyde (II Wiki · Map · Interpol)

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:09 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:

Another person hitting the nail on the head. CCD please take note, even if you haven't listened to the other dozen or so people telling you the exact same thing.

Wave on, wave on

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:44 am

Spitfire Mk V wrote:
Atheris wrote:Ah, right, I forgot about those guys.

Still, kinda fucked that like 0.3% of people control the entire WA. But, hey, to each their own. What exactly happened in the elections? I haven't payed much attention to anything outside of memes and coronavirus recently.

Jocospor ran in the the April Fool election that when you win it don't have any power. He was able to in round 3, and he was close to Valentine Z for only a few votes. Then the region tag with [region-tag=]Anti-Fascist[/region-tag] don't like to see a fascist candidate going to the next round, so they switch their vote to Val Z. In the end, Jocospor end up with short 26 votes, so he go on full rage and become salty and all that stuff.

Then, still salty about the position that have NO POWER, he wrote this resolution.

Now I am going to show that the WA Elite don't have that much strength in the WA:
All the so called superdelegate (McMastedonia, Aumeltopia, Marrabuk, Imperium Anglorum, Kuriko, East Durthang,...) : have a total votes of 4707 votes. All the active WA member which is not a delegate have a total of 5813 votes. All the small delegate account for 3335 vote. Which the current WA resolution, the 'elite' only account for 1/3 of the vote. Furthermore, they all have different belief and ideology, so their vote is often splitted. But they have one common goal: to destroy the fascist. Because of this, CCD accused the anti-fascist of 'elitist' and trying to do something that benefit their own.

Hope this help :p

Ah, thank you! I didn't know it didn't have any power, haha. Yeah, that helps a lot. Thanks!
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Aumeltopia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 02, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Aumeltopia » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:29 pm

So, um... you want to condemn a group of people because they use the massive power they hold to make decisions unscrupulously without following the will of the general populace.

Couldn’t we just call this proposal Condemn... Confederation... of Corrupt Dictators?

:p
Last edited by Aumeltopia on Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
aka Somyrion

Auphelia wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . . and then your heart/identity!

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:06 pm

Aumeltopia wrote:So, um... you want to condemn a group of people because they use the massive power they hold to make decisions unscrupulously without following the will of the general populace.

Couldn’t we just call this proposal Condemn... Confederation... of Corrupt Dictators?

You should talk, you hold massive power in your region, which you can use to mercilessly quash any WA resistance. TSP truly is an enemy of democracy by maintaining the position of delegate in a GCR.

Or some such horsecrap.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:26 pm

Aumeltopia wrote:So, um... you want to condemn a group of people because they use the massive power they hold to make decisions unscrupulously without following the will of the general populace.

shhhhhh that's what they're looking for :p
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

MineLegotia and Equestria
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2017

Postby MineLegotia and Equestria » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:22 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It isn't "very clear" at all. Fucking nonsense. :roll:

Kathol Rift wrote:I haven’t heard anybody other than you and a few other Jocospor fanboys say that they want to see this voted on or that they want to destroy the WA Elite. If you want to say it’s very clear that people want to see this voted on, you’ll need to pull some actual evidence out instead of just expecting us to believe it.

If you actually read through this thread, you'd see my post here: viewtopic.php?p=36954898#p36954898

This was before the first set of raids; the proposal would have easily made quorum otherwise:

Ah yes, 6.3% of the regions in NS wishes to vote this on. Totally a majority. Totally
Recent News: Imperial Regent strengthens Anti-Corruption Offices after Scandal | Minister of FA found after Ministry Blackout; Cults Blamed | 'Caplanbourgh surrender not in sight' says Minister of Defense | Parliament to pass 3843/383/23/04/2389

A nation of various species, who are mostly bureaucrats, traversing the multiverse in the name of harmony and colonialism. Not the worst nor best type of civilisation you'd want to meet.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:43 am

MineLegotia and Equestria wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:

Ah yes, 6.3% of the regions in NS wishes to vote this on. Totally a majority. Totally

Remind me what proportion of regions need to approve a proposal for it to get to vote?
ShrewLlamaLand

Sail Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sail Nation » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:41 am

I hate to use a cliche here but this is just a game. Actions here are of little significance. On one hand, why should it be so important to stop the delegate voting system in place if it doesn't matter? Also, why should the pro-WA factions be trying to prevent said proposal from reaching the voting floor. We should all take a step back and see the bigger picture.
Former WA delegate, MP and Prime Minister in Lorania
MP in Thaecia (as Prussian Sail Nation)
Travelling nationstates (as Sail Nation Travellers), reviewing regions as I go

I'm a Christian and a Liberal. I won't enforce my beliefs on you, so please don't enforce yours on me.

Pro: Leaving things in my sig that I don't like anymore
Anti: Use of pros and antis in sigs

Envoy

Postby MineLegotia and Equestria » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:28 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
MineLegotia and Equestria wrote:Ah yes, 6.3% of the regions in NS wishes to vote this on. Totally a majority. Totally

Remind me what proportion of regions need to approve a proposal for it to get to vote?

IF we are to look at this from a statistical view, 6% is just a small number in comparison to the 94% other nations. There is no proof to declare a majority of nations want this to be passed.
Recent News: Imperial Regent strengthens Anti-Corruption Offices after Scandal | Minister of FA found after Ministry Blackout; Cults Blamed | 'Caplanbourgh surrender not in sight' says Minister of Defense | Parliament to pass 3843/383/23/04/2389

A nation of various species, who are mostly bureaucrats, traversing the multiverse in the name of harmony and colonialism. Not the worst nor best type of civilisation you'd want to meet.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:34 pm

MineLegotia and Equestria wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Remind me what proportion of regions need to approve a proposal for it to get to vote?

IF we are to look at this from a statistical view, 6% is just a small number in comparison to the 94% other nations. There is no proof to declare a majority of nations want this to be passed.

Never - to my awareness - have a majority of all WA Delegates approved any proposal while it was still in queue. This one couldn't even get past 50% of the required quorum in the end ;P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:09 am

Tinhampton wrote:
MineLegotia and Equestria wrote:IF we are to look at this from a statistical view, 6% is just a small number in comparison to the 94% other nations. There is no proof to declare a majority of nations want this to be passed.

Never - to my awareness - have a majority of all WA Delegates approved any proposal while it was still in queue. This one couldn't even get past 50% of the required quorum in the end ;P

Woah I wonder what caused that?

This proposal will be resubmitted in the next few days.
ShrewLlamaLand

Envoy

Postby MineLegotia and Equestria » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:40 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Never - to my awareness - have a majority of all WA Delegates approved any proposal while it was still in queue. This one couldn't even get past 50% of the required quorum in the end ;P

Woah I wonder what caused that?

This proposal will be resubmitted in the next few days.

Challenging the powerful 1% often does that Shrew. Never dare to stage a revolution if you do not have the power of the people or the support of others in power.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council