NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend East Malaysia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Evrigenis
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

[DRAFT] Commend East Malaysia

Postby Evrigenis » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:45 pm

The Proposal:
The esteemed Security Council,

Recognizing East Malaysia's dedication to The East Pacific and Hyrule since 2004.

Impressed by East Malaysia's contributions to numerous governmental bodies of The East Pacific, including, but not limited to the following positions:1
  • Judge and Attorney General, positions in which they were instrumental to creating precedent in The East Pacific's legal system.2
  • Senator3 and Magister4, where they shaped legislation for The East Pacific.5
  • Secretary of Tourism and Regional/International Promotion, promoting activity in the region.6
  • A framer of the 2009 Concordat.7
  • Elder, serving as a bastion of sovereignty during The Empire's occupation.8
  • Secretary of the Embassy Authority, which had a tenure that saw increased openness and camaraderie among allied regions.9
  • Vizier, providing stability to the region after the attempted coup of October 2019.10
  • Deputy Minister of Information and Communications, in the stead of which they have maintained the East Pacific News Service in some form for over a decade and oversaw the renovation of the University of The East Pacific

Lauding East Malaysia's benevolent hand in the government affairs of Hyrule
  • Minister of Affairs, under the banner of which East Malaysia was key to founding the region.
  • Chancellor, head of state and head of government.
  • Minister of Foreign Affairs, which led to the opening of relations.
  • Delegate.

Appreciating East Malaysia's experience as a roleplayer, with notable episodes including Shiro Academy and the Listonian Riots.11

Highlighting that East Malaysia has led and continues to lead community engagement.

HEREBY COMMENDS East Malaysia

The Evidence:
1I do not intend the list to be exhaustive; nor do I think it possible to encapsulate all of East Malaysia's contributions to TEP's government. For example, East Malaysia (hereinafter "EM") was the first to set down rules for Foreign Affairs, among the first to write opinions about WA (at the time, UN) resolutions, and among the first to draft proposals in off-site forums, all before the Ministries of Foreign Affairs and World Assembly Affairs officially existed.
2EM was elected judge in 2004 here. In 2007, they were appointed Attorney General.
3EM transferred from the judiciary to the legislature in 2005 here. Before the Charter of The East Pacifi, the legislative body was called the Senate.
4The Magisterial Assembly, the precursor to TEP's current legislature, was established in 2005. EM was among the first to join.
5Specific legislation involvement includes ensuring the publication of the Endorsement Caps Act on the WFE and suggesting a global rewrite for what would become the Concordat
6EM volunteered for STRIP in 2005 here
7EM helped to found TEP's modern government and represent it to the Empire even as it attempted to destroy regional sovereignty.
8EM was nominated and confirmed as Elder in 2008
9a 2010 report on FA
10EM was confirmed as Vizier on 30 October 2019.

11EM's first post for Shiro Academy can be found here, their first post for the Listonian Riots here.

I have provided the footnotes and links as evidence here; however, they will be removed for the actual proposal in accordance with the rules. I have also omitted East Malaysia's significant contributions to flag design, administration of TEPwiki, and moderation on account of the rules against C&Cing for OOC actions. Nevertheless, I would like to acknowledge them here.

Since I do not wish my inexperience (this my first foray into SC proposals) to detract from a commendation for a nation which sorely deserves it, any and all criticism is much appreciated.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:57 pm

Evrigenis wrote:Appreciating East Malaysia's experience as a roleplayer

Illegal - Rule 4c
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:54 pm

Commend... who now? Does anyone outside The East Pacific even know who this person is? No more backpatting for mediocre Feederites.

Against.

Return to Security Council