NATION

PASSWORD

Repeal SC#52 - Condemn The Black Hawks [DISC.]

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Repeal SC#52 - Condemn The Black Hawks [DISC.]

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:07 am

Repeal SC#52 - Condemn the Black Hawks

The Security Council,

Recognising that The Black Hawks has been condemned twice by the Security Council;

Applauding this display of international decisiveness to show that menaces such as The Black Hawks cannot run rampant unpunished;

Understanding, however, that the following clauses of SC#52 are no longer relevant:
  • Clause 3, covered extensively by SC#217, the secondary condemnation for The Black Hawks;
  • Clause 4, lacking relevance to provide a sufficient basis for condemnation by itself;
  • Clauses 5 and 6, both being deemed relatively insignificant;
Acknowledging the intent of SC#52 to help preserve the continued function of the Security Council;

Refuting the idea that The Black Hawks could significantly hamper the processes of the Security Council at the level that SC#52 emphasises;

Affirming that SC#52 is no longer relevant in the current international state of affairs;

Committed to the ideal that unnecessary and irrelevant legislation must be repealed accordingly;

Hereby repeals SC#52.

Repeal SC#52 - Condemn The Black Hawks
Category: Repeal | Subject: SC#52 - "Condemn The Black Hawks"

The Security Council,

Recognising that The Black Hawks has been condemned twice by the Security Council;

Applauding this display of international decisiveness to make an example of menaces such as The Black Hawks, and ensure that they do not run rampant unpunished;

Reaffirming the prerogative of the Security Council to spread international peace and goodwill, through force if necessary;

Understanding, however, that regretfully SC#52, a historical piece of legislation, can no longer be considered relevant to this aim;

Noting that the following clauses are not necessary and bear no relevance today:
  • Clauses 1 and 3, each having been covered extensively by SC#217, the secondary condemnation for The Black Hawks;
  • Clause 4, lacking relevance to provide a sufficient basis for condemnation by itself;
  • Clauses 5 and 6, both raising concerns that can be reasonably dismissed;
Acknowledging the intent of SC#52 to help preserve the continued function of the Security Council;

Refuting the notion that The Black Hawks could significantly hamper the processes of the Security Council at the level that SC#52 emphasises;

Asserting that SC#52 is no longer necessary to further the Security Council's aforementioned prerogative;

Committed to the ideal that unnecessary and irrelevant legislation must be repealed accordingly;

Hereby repeals SC#52.
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:11 am

This is a badge hunt and also this repeal is about as relevant as what you call the proposal
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:17 am

Honeydewistania wrote:This is a badge hunt and also this repeal is about as relevant as what you call the proposal

OOC: Understandable; I realise that some might see this as badge hunting, even though I may disagree with such a notion. I just see no place for irrelevant legislation in the Security Council. Why should we keep it there for the sake of it? Surely, once legislation has been deemed irrelevant, it should be discarded? I think it'd be much better to reflect upon the fact that justification must be provided for the continuation of SC#52 in such an instance. I'm afraid "you're badge hunting" is an ad hominem fallacy, and does not bear relevance to my proposal.

As for the question of this repeal's supposed irrelevancy, can you provide reasoning for such a statement?
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:02 am

I rather suspect this will fill like the 4+ attempts before it, but have at it I guess.

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:16 am

I don't know why you guys always pick the controversial/difficult ones to attempt. :meh:
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:14 am

Lord Dominator wrote:I rather suspect this will fill like the 4+ attempts before it, but have at it I guess.

OOC: Thanks for your kind words LD! This kind of support is what makes the SC such a friendly and welcoming place to be :hug:

Xoriet wrote:I don't know why you guys always pick the controversial/difficult ones to attempt. :meh:

OOC: Why, for the fun of the challenge, of course! What's the point in capitalising off of popular authority on things like this? Surely it'd be much more rewarding and fulfilling to present a different perspective, and maybe, just maybe, get a proposal passed off the back of it? After all, there's no fun in just submitting a liberation motion for a near-universally vilified region, making it essentially guaranteed to pass, is there? *Cough* SC#263 *Cough*

Nonetheless, I've decided to begin work on a second draft, perhaps flesh out my reasoning a bit more. Will be posting soon ^-^
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:39 am

South Reinkalistan wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:I rather suspect this will fill like the 4+ attempts before it, but have at it I guess.

OOC: Thanks for your kind words LD! This kind of support is what makes the SC such a friendly and welcoming place to be :hug:

Don't mistake my apathy on the subject for support, I just enjoy watching people draft things ;)

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:48 am

OOC: Aight, second draft. I've added on a bit - feedback and constructive criticism will be appreciated!
Repeal SC#52 - Condemn The Black Hawks
Category: Repeal | Subject: SC#52 - "Condemn The Black Hawks"

The Security Council,

Applauding this display of international decisiveness to make an example of menaces such as The Black Hawks, and ensure that they do not run rampant unpunished;

Reaffirming the prerogative of the Security Council to spread international peace and goodwill, through force if necessary;

Understanding, however, that regretfully SC#52, a historical piece of legislation, can no longer be considered relevant to this aim;

Noting that the following clauses are not necessary and bear no relevance today:
  • Clauses 1 and 3, each having been covered extensively by SC#217, the secondary condemnation for The Black Hawks;
  • Clauses 5 and 6, both raising concerns that can be reasonably dismissed;

Refuting the notion that The Black Hawks could significantly hamper the processes of the Security Council at the level that SC#52 emphasises;

Asserting that SC#52 is no longer necessary to further the Security Council's aforementioned prerogative;

Hereby repeals SC#52.
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:49 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:OOC: Thanks for your kind words LD! This kind of support is what makes the SC such a friendly and welcoming place to be :hug:

Don't mistake my apathy on the subject for support, I just enjoy watching people draft things ;)

OOC: Oh no, I was being conceited and sarcastic there :meh:

At any rate, I'd be happy to receive feedback!
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:59 am

OOC: I'd suggest putting the current draft in the OP.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:04 am

Morover wrote:OOC: I'd suggest putting the current draft in the OP.

OOC: Good idea - I'll do that now (⌒_⌒;)
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:49 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:This is a badge hunt and also this repeal is about as relevant as what you call the proposal

Pretty much sums it up. But then again I have been declared an enemy of the CCD, so my opinion won't matter much to the author anywho. Either way it will never see vote and if it does it will be smashed to pieces, but have at it.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:55 pm

Wayneactia wrote:

Pretty much sums it up. But then again I have been declared an enemy of the CCD, so my opinion won't matter much to the author anywho. Either way it will never see vote and if it does it will be smashed to pieces, but have at it.

OOC: Ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem! Argh! Though you aren't technically an enemy of the CCD yet at the time of writing. The registry still has to pass voting. And even so, you'll still only be considered an enemy of the CCD by the Confederation's Civil Congress, not its governing body itself... etc;

Though it does go to prove how the CCD is effectively like Godwin's Law for NS. Still, if anyone has any legitimate, constructive criticism other than "you're CCD", "badge hunting", and "this will fail", I'd love to hear it.

EDIT: You also very clearly missed this:

Thus, your esteemed opinion would be very invaluable to me, dear Wayneactia :hug:
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:11 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:Thus, your esteemed opinion would be very invaluable to me, dear Wayneactia :hug:

My opinion? Drop it. It won't pass. I don't say this because you are a member of the CCD, I say this because my experience tells me so. It was a deserved condemnation and most people will see it that way. Come up with something fresh and new, and then I will have a look.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:18 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:Thus, your esteemed opinion would be very invaluable to me, dear Wayneactia :hug:

My opinion? Drop it. It won't pass. I don't say this because you are a member of the CCD, I say this because my experience tells me so. It was a deserved condemnation and most people will see it that way. Come up with something fresh and new, and then I will have a look.

OOC: Oh I'm not saying the condemnation isn't deserved, I addressed that in the proposal. I'm saying that it's made irrelevant by the more recent condemnation.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:12 pm

Wayneactia wrote:My opinion? Drop it. It won't pass. I don't say this because you are a member of the CCD, I say this because my experience tells me so. It was a deserved condemnation and most people will see it that way. Come up with something fresh and new, and then I will have a look.

OOC: Oh I'm not saying the condemnation isn't deserved, I addressed that in the proposal. I'm saying that it's made irrelevant by the more recent condemnation.

You can say that, and you would be wrong.

wait

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:01 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:OOC: Oh I'm not saying the condemnation isn't deserved, I addressed that in the proposal. I'm saying that it's made irrelevant by the more recent condemnation.

You can say that, and you would be wrong.

OOC: Why so?
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:07 pm

FOR, naturally. I continue to see no reason to keep superfluous legislation on the books as I did two-and-a-half months ago.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:24 pm

This thing is, the second one was not written to replace it. If it was, the repeal would had been written ages ago.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:26 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:This thing is, the second one was not written to replace it. If it was, the repeal would had been written ages ago.

OOC: Intent =/= reality. It replaces it in essence, really. Until you can provide me a valid point from the original resolution that is either no longer relevant or covered by the second condemnation, I will continue to see no need for SC#52 to remain.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:00 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:This thing is, the second one was not written to replace it. If it was, the repeal would had been written ages ago.

OOC: Intent =/= reality. It replaces it in essence, really. Until you can provide me a valid point from the original resolution that is either no longer relevant or covered by the second condemnation, I will continue to see no need for SC#52 to remain.

That is your decision. Don't say you weren't warned when this fails.

wait

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:30 am

Wayneactia wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:OOC: Intent =/= reality. It replaces it in essence, really. Until you can provide me a valid point from the original resolution that is either no longer relevant or covered by the second condemnation, I will continue to see no need for SC#52 to remain.

That is your decision. Don't say you weren't warned when this fails.

OOC: Do you have any idea how frustrating it is for everyone to tell me my resolution will fail without providing reasoning? I asked you why once, and I'll ask you again: why will it fail? In what way is the first proposal still relevant?
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

Kuriko
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kuriko » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:31 am

Wayneactia wrote:That is your decision. Don't say you weren't warned when this fails.

OOC: Do you have any idea how frustrating it is for everyone to tell me my resolution will fail without providing reasoning? I asked you why once, and I'll ask you again: why will it fail? In what way is the first proposal still relevant?

It will fail because all of the GCRs, and most UCRs, believe that it shouldn't be repealed and will vote against it. If it does get close, TBH will use their military and start toppling Delegate's voting in favor in order to make it fail.
WA Secretary-General
TITO Tactical Officer of the 10000 Islands
Registrar-General and Chief of Staff of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:04 am

Kuriko wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:OOC: Do you have any idea how frustrating it is for everyone to tell me my resolution will fail without providing reasoning? I asked you why once, and I'll ask you again: why will it fail? In what way is the first proposal still relevant?

It will fail because all of the GCRs, and most UCRs, believe that it shouldn't be repealed and will vote against it. If it does get close, TBH will use their military and start toppling Delegate's voting in favor in order to make it fail.

OOC: Oh, I understand that completely - I know how the cliques in NS operate. You see, I was writing this from the rather naive stance that people would perhaps vote based on reason and evidence, rather than voting based on fearmongering and delegate clout.

From what I see, the only "reason" that SC#52 hasn't been repealed is because TBH likes having their shiny double commendation. Don't get me wrong, I can understand that (after all in the Confederation, we all love our liberation badge :p). But the point still stands - irrelevant legislation should always be removed. So far, I haven't had a decent argument presented that suggests otherwise. Is it so unreasonable to ask that people vote according to what is evident, rather than vote according to this blatant WA cabal?

But I digress. I'd very dearly like to know why people would vote against it. Is that too much to ask?
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

A Bloodred Moon
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby A Bloodred Moon » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:05 am

See, if you’d done a single shit worth of research you’d know all the reasons people will vote against. You obviously haven’t, so the proposal is doomed from the start.

Obviously against.
JoWhatup

Alpha Emeritus of Lone Wolves United - For Your Protection

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council