NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Repeal "Commend Evil Wolf"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:57 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I'm good at what I do. Your post has some broken quotes in it, would you mind correcting? Makes it easier to continue the discussion.

Only when its an inexperienced player Mall. Harder to do with someone used to you ;) But i'm staying out of this mess, I'll let EW rewrite the Laz history.

Thanks DYP :hug:
Aclion wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:

Oh come now, Mall. It was just a bit of fun.

*LOTR intensifies*
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Captain Woodhouse
Envoy

Founded: Dec 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Captain Woodhouse » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:18 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:I dare say if I had been "terrified of exposure", I would have used one of my hundreds of puppets to message them. Also, LWU was honorably Condemned in 2011, the incident you're referring to happened in 2013. That's a time lapse of at 2 years, if not more. If you consider that to be "recent" in NS terms, I have a myriad of concerns. Of course, you know that the two events weren't "recent" of each other, it just sounded better and you didn't think I'd call you out on it.

I've read the above paragraph several times. I think you misinterpreted my response to Mall's "sneaky screenshot" bit, but I don't know how. It's clear I wasn't referencing LWU. I referred to a region condemned this year and one of its leaders.

Many players approached NE for a number of reasons—some with puppets, who refused to unmask when I told them I would't deal with anons; others used their mains, bold as brass. One well-known raider supported a couple of our ops and dug hanging out in NE. He let me know who he was from the get-go.

I know you're not timid, EW. You're the kind of player who'd approach NE with your main then use ad homs to get out of any sticky business later.

Evil Wolf wrote:*Crack Knuckles*

That's pretty much how an anarchist began his attack during an engagement when he thought he'd "decapitated" me by correcting what he believed was my misspelling of Redoutable, a French ship.

Evil Wolf wrote:Actually, you've entered just about every Commend discussion that has ever happened where the Commend mentioned the destruction of Nazi Europe, always to argue against those commended, including The Red Fleet and the MT Army's commends and several repeal attempts mentioning me.

I entered one other EW Repeal debate of which I'm aware. I know I entered MT and TRF Commend and Repeal debates—as did a number of mainstream players who argued the same valid points.

This is you doing the ad hom boogie again, hoping to kill valid arguments—that I don't own exclusively—by discrediting me via a former association that ended November 2016.

Evil Wolf wrote:This has always been a topic you've argued passionately about, Woodhouse, so much so that people on Discord were taking bets on when you might show up in this very thread to argue about NE.

Can y'all explain what you think is my 2020 objective for being here? No, seriously, I want some rationale. I've exchanged numerous lengthy and cordial DMs with Vippertooth over the past few years. We're on friendly terms. I've been doing anti-fascist ops exclusively since 2016. I hate NE; NE hates me. I hate every other Nazi and fascist region in the game. So lay some logic on me, amigo. It better be good cos it makes no sense for me to be loving on folks who tried to find me and hurt me in the real world.

Evil Wolf wrote:I do tend to lie to my enemies upon occasion, yes. Like, for example, when I lied to German Dragons and said I was going to help him out and re-enforce Nazi Europe before the Liberation hit, but in reality packed the region full of NPA flying a flase flag. I especially enjoyed lying to German Dragons. His confusion gave me joy.

My post you quoted addressed your motive for taking out NE. Many newer players haven't a clue about your motive. They'll read the shit that's posted here and do the lemming yup yup thing.

Mall's statement that you "worked actively to undermine and destroy fash groups over the long term" suggests you might dig ideological raiding. But, you said you worked against NE for fame and glory, period. Ideology wasn't a factor.

Reiterating your motive is important for two reasons. Self-serving, opportunistic actions aren't particularly commendable. Motive establishes where you were in your head when you approached GD and LCG in December 2013 with the refound info.

Evil Wolf wrote:Well, first, you claim I passed on that information to take revenge against the UDL.

No, I didn’t make that claim. I mentioned your malice toward defenders in general. I posted the TG with the Unibot reference as an example.

Evil Wolf wrote:If that's true, why did I got after an FRA held region? UDL and FRA didn't exactly get along with each other at that time.

FRUDL was a thing at that time—especially FRUDL anti-Nazi ops. That said, I didn't suggest you went after a particular defender org. You've stated yourself that you're an opportunist. I've suggested you took advantage of an opportunity to hurt defenders—in general.

I struggled to harmonize with Nazi and fascist leaders behind the scenes. All we had in common was a military gameplay agenda. When an interest was lost to the enemy, it was felt by all. Defenders have a military gameplay agenda that unites them. Just because the FRA specifically maintained a presence in Jew and intended to refound it, doesn't mean only the FRA would have suffered the loss of Jew to Nazis.

Evil Wolf wrote:Furthermore, from what I remember of a throw away telegram from seven years ago, and the related context I gleamed from my TG box, it seems my intention to pass on that information to GGR and NE wasn't exactly intended to favor them

If piecing together the "related context" helped jog your memory, maybe piecing it together and posting it here would help me believe the next bit.

Evil Wolf wrote:You see, I seem to recall that whenever players of a certain political inclination refounded the region of "Jew", specifically, they always seemed to end up deleted for some strange reason.

Are you really saying you tipped off GD and LCG, hoping one of their main nations would be deleted for refounding Jew? You know that wouldn't have happened. Something else you know: had either one been interested, they would have refounded Jew with a puppet. And you know only the puppet would have been deleted—if what you're telling me about automatic deletions for refounding Jew is even true.

It hardly seems worthwhile to involve yourself in a goofy prank that would kill a puppet at best. Coupled with the fact that ideological conflict ain't your thing, and you told GD your business with NE wasn't personal, I think you're zooming me big time. But do post what you've got to prove this crud you want me to swallow.

Evil Wolf wrote:I'm guessing that's probably why NE and GGR didn't bite

You're guessing wrong. No one in the clubhouse had any knowledge of fash players being automatically deleted for refounding Jew. I'm only aware of regions that aren't permitted to be refounded by anyone. Example: Nazi

Evil Wolf wrote:Of course, the other context you're leaving out, I am sure by pure accident and not because it undermines your argument, is that years ago I profusely apologized for working with GGR and any other far-right radical elements. Publicly, in fact.

I can't omit information that I don't know exists. I suppose you're saying your role in the destruction of an abandoned region was a get out of jail free card, and that any ugly crud you did with fash before the refound should be struck from your record automatically. Most I've heard is that you used fash to support your ops. Using fash to hurt defenders in retaliation for them leaking your raid info to Nazis (unproven) is another beast entirely. I think you deserve a Condemnation badge, EW, but the Commendation is just out there, man.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:53 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: I have fleshed out this proposal as I will be pursuing this repeal attempt, and consequentially will be submitting this in the next few days; any additional feedback will be helpful.

You should let it cook some more, or better yet just get rid of it. It won't pass.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:53 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: I have fleshed out this proposal as I will be pursuing this repeal attempt, and consequentially will be submitting this in the next few days; any additional feedback will be helpful.

You should let it cook some more, or better yet just get rid of it. It won't pass.

OOC: I won't be submitting this until after Commend CD, so about a week or two.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:54 am

OOC: Considering Commend CD was submitted and failed weeks ago, I will be submitting this in the next few days, pending some spare time I can use for campaigning. Feedback will be appreciated.

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:38 am

If you don’t want it to fail as big as Commend CD, better not submit it
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:25 am

I’m not sure I can possibly support a resolution that italicizes the word "repeals". That’s the active clause, for Pete’s sake, let it stand on its own.

Edit: You also currently mention "Killer Kity", omitting a second ‘t’.
Last edited by Fauxia on Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:28 am

Fauxia wrote:I’m not sure I can possibly support a resolution that italicizes the word "repeals". That’s the active clause, for Pete’s sake, let it stand on its own.

OOC: My bad, I was supposed to remove the bolds/italics altogether beforehand. Fixed.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:21 pm

Wait. Why is someone repealing an anti-fascist commendation?

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:27 pm

Comfed wrote:Wait. Why is someone repealing an anti-fascist commendation?

Read the proposal.
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:40 pm

OOC: The target is an infamous raider that has been griefing and wreaking havoc for over a decade.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:12 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:

OOC: The target is an infamous raider that has been griefing and wreaking havoc for over a decade.

If only the voters had known this when it passed the first time around!
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:17 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: The target is an infamous raider that has been griefing and wreaking havoc for over a decade.

If only the voters had known this when it passed the first time around!

Eh, considering a repeal of this was a single approval from quorum last time (when quorum was ~35-40 delegates higher) it was tried (with an author who was a numbskull about how to campaign quickly), maybe it’s time to put it up to vote again :p

Although, I’m not even sure anymore whether I support the repeal. He isn’t commended for raiding.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Numero Capitan » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:53 am

Looks like you can add being party to deliberate votestacking in order to undermine the democratic institutions of Lazarus, and being a 'co-conspirator' in an attempted coup of Balder to Evil Wolf's resume in light of this weekends revelations.
Minister of Defense, 00000 A World Power
Minister of Intelligence, FRA
Potato General
Senator and Attorney General, Europeia
Minister of Security and Minister of Justice, The South Pacific
Minister of War, Fidelia
Royal Council, The Last Kingdom
Crown Prince, Unknown and The Brotherhood of Blood
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED and REDACTED, REDACTED
REDACTED, REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Dollystana
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dollystana » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:56 am

Disagree, fascism is a cause to be stamped out everywhere, no matter the actions.
I like warrior cats uwu and having fun
Catocratic Constitutional Monarchy.
Economic -3.38 Social -5.28
My views are basically Scandinavia, that's all you need to know
the best book series Eat sleep read warriors repeat. Warriors Wiki
Self-appointed Warrior cat of F7 overvuwu The Truth Behind Area 51 All About Me

Stats not used
If you support cats, put this in your signature.
Perikuresu wrote:All of mothers are hamsters and all of your fathers smelt like elderberries

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:24 pm

Numero Capitan wrote:Looks like you can add being party to deliberate votestacking in order to undermine the democratic institutions of Lazarus, and being a 'co-conspirator' in an attempted coup of Balder to Evil Wolf's resume in light of this weekends revelations.

Bowzin refused to drop any names other than Cormac to NES in the conversation, and it's well known that Evil Wolf isn't around right now to defend himself when his name is brought up. His name is entirely possibly a distraction from numerous other people who knew what he intended whose names he refused to give up. Up until Evil Wolf shows up to confirm or deny this or Bowzin provides log evidence, I'd hold on the Balder accusations being fact.
Last edited by Xoriet on Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:30 pm

Xoriet wrote:
Numero Capitan wrote:Looks like you can add being party to deliberate votestacking in order to undermine the democratic institutions of Lazarus, and being a 'co-conspirator' in an attempted coup of Balder to Evil Wolf's resume in light of this weekends revelations.

Bowzin refused to drop any names other than Cormac to NES in the conversation, and it's well known that Evil Wolf isn't around right now to defend himself when his name is brought up. His name is entirely possibly a distraction from numerous other people who knew what he intended whose names he refused to give up. Up until Evil Wolf shows up to confirm or deny this, I'd hold on the Balder accusations being fact.

Even if they are factual, I would think there would be a fairly large amount of the player base sympathetic to EW's supposed conspiratorial role here. MG doesn't add anything to the proposal by adding that. Balder rarely votes, but I'm sure if NES really believes those claims, he'll vote for a repeal anyway.

Dollystana wrote:Disagree, fascism is a cause to be stamped out everywhere, no matter the actions.

I don't think you read the proposal. It has no qualms with raiding fascists. What it does say is that EW isn't suited for a commendation because of coups and raids of a lot more than just fascists.
Last edited by Fauxia on Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2004

Postby North East Somerset » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:12 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Xoriet wrote:Bowzin refused to drop any names other than Cormac to NES in the conversation, and it's well known that Evil Wolf isn't around right now to defend himself when his name is brought up. His name is entirely possibly a distraction from numerous other people who knew what he intended whose names he refused to give up. Up until Evil Wolf shows up to confirm or deny this, I'd hold on the Balder accusations being fact.

Even if they are factual, I would think there would be a fairly large amount of the player base sympathetic to EW's supposed conspiratorial role here. MG doesn't add anything to the proposal by adding that. Balder rarely votes, but I'm sure if NES really believes those claims, he'll vote for a repeal anyway.

For the record, I vote on the vast majority of SC votes (and GA votes). And if I don't its a deliberate abstain. I am undecided how to vote on repeal Commend EW currently.
Last edited by North East Somerset on Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Royal Duke, Balder
Lord High Steward, The LKE
Honoured Citizen, Europeia

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Condemn Evil Wolf
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:09 pm

Numero Capitan wrote:being a 'co-conspirator' in an attempted coup of Balder to Evil Wolf's resume in light of this weekends revelations.

"Co-conspirator" as Bowzin put it meant "knowing about it". I can't see you informing Balder if someone was trying to coup them. In fact, I know you wouldn't. I don't see Balder playing into your hands by voting for this, for obvious reasons :P.

Bowzin never would've been able to coup. You would have to be playing 4D chess to reform with the laws he detailed.

Daytime to Night
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Daytime to Night » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:21 am

Bormiar wrote:
Numero Capitan wrote:being a 'co-conspirator' in an attempted coup of Balder to Evil Wolf's resume in light of this weekends revelations.

"Co-conspirator" as Bowzin put it meant "knowing about it". I can't see you informing Balder if someone was trying to coup them. In fact, I know you wouldn't. I don't see Balder playing into your hands by voting for this, for obvious reasons :P

Then you clearly don't know me, I've spent all my NS career protecting the native delegates of GCRs and if I'm ever in receipt of information about a genuine attempt to coup any of them then I would act without bias. That has led me to work closely with all kinds of people. Although, if personal values weren't enough then the nobility of Balder begrudgingly having to accept my help would be reward enough too. Don't slur me with baseless accusations that you certainly don't know.

I deliberately used the language used by Bowzin, but it is clearly pertinent information to this deliberation.

EWs foray into anti-fascism would look far more commendable if he hadn't spent the rest of his NS career trying to do the same thing to everyone else regardless of alignment.
Former Minister of Security and Minister for Justice - the South Pacific

Potato General Numero Capatata

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:02 pm

Daytime to Night wrote:
Bormiar wrote:"Co-conspirator" as Bowzin put it meant "knowing about it". I can't see you informing Balder if someone was trying to coup them. In fact, I know you wouldn't. I don't see Balder playing into your hands by voting for this, for obvious reasons :P

Then you clearly don't know me, I've spent all my NS career protecting the native delegates of GCRs and if I'm ever in receipt of information about a genuine attempt to coup any of them then I would act without bias. That has led me to work closely with all kinds of people. Although, if personal values weren't enough then the nobility of Balder begrudgingly having to accept my help would be reward enough too. Don't slur me with baseless accusations that you certainly don't know.

I deliberately used the language used by Bowzin, but it is clearly pertinent information to this deliberation.

EWs foray into anti-fascism would look far more commendable if he hadn't spent the rest of his NS career trying to do the same thing to everyone else regardless of alignment.

I suppose I can't argue with that because you said genuine.

Are you trying to secure TNP/Europeia/Balder's vote by having that put in? It's not even provable and those regions don't have a binary view of the world (you can either be commended or condemned). They're not voting for.

Daytime to Night
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Daytime to Night » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:15 pm

I'm not trying to secure anything, it's not my proposal. I have some sympathy with it and have suggested content that might not be at the forefront of the authors mind, but certainly not campaigning for votes either way.

Those regions aren't going to be swayed by my view either way but I know they will all be aware of those revelations when it comes to considering this without me needing to point those things out. Providing information in here is more for the benefit of those who aren't as aware of NSGP day to day matters.

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2004

Postby North East Somerset » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:29 am

Bormiar wrote:

"Co-conspirator" as Bowzin put it meant "knowing about it". I can't see you informing Balder if someone was trying to coup them. In fact, I know you wouldn't. I don't see Balder playing into your hands by voting for this, for obvious reasons :P.

Balder will be voting For this currently, so its possible your "obvious" understanding of how you think Balder works is less complete than you imagine.

Also I'm interested in what you mean by "I know you wouldn't"?

Daytime to Night wrote:Then you clearly don't know me, I've spent all my NS career protecting the native delegates of GCRs

Just for the public record, so it's clear, am I a "native delegate" of a GCR under your definitions?
Last edited by North East Somerset on Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Duke, Balder
Lord High Steward, The LKE
Honoured Citizen, Europeia

Daytime to Night
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Daytime to Night » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:42 am

North East Somerset wrote:Just for the public record, so it's clear, am I a "native delegate" of a GCR under your definitions?

I'll caveat this by saying that I would love to see sinkers that were genuinely built out of returning players rather than active players who deliberately placed themselves in those regions. I think the stewards of those regions should be more proactive about placing power in the hands of natural natives (the same could be said of TRR of course, albeit there may be conduct concerns there). But you are certainly a native delegate as a corollary of your tenure and investment in the region.

Of course legitimacy is not necessarily equal to adequacy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives