NATION

PASSWORD

Commened the Anti World Assembly Draft

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Tuarus don
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuarus don » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:44 pm

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.
_____________________ _______________________________ ______________________
Category: Commendation Nominee: The Anti World Assembly Proposed by: Tuarus don
_____________________ _______________________________ ______________________

The Security Council

Lauding The Anti World Assembly's constant advancement in new programs notably the unendorsement program and regional polls that set it independent from other regions.

Recognizing The regions democratic structure and the equality is uses to pass regional legalization allowing for all nations to contribute.

Specifically Recognizing How it respects nations ignoring population statistics and World Assembly endorsements and how it protects nations and allow all nations access to features recognizable as hard to obtain in other regions.

Applauding The monitored communication between nations and the lack of trust being betrayed significantly.

[b[Also applauding[/b] The efforts taken to restore the World Assembly to greater glory by contacting passive nations to offer them humanitarian aid in times of need.

Complementing The idea to split debate into a diverse range of topics when communicating.

Noting The Anti World Assembly ejects its members to allow them to geologically travel to other regions to aid them in spite of itself.

Admiring The large group of nations the Anti World Assembly as aided notably Kyle-Ville and other regions of generally smaller size to the Anti World assembly.

Impressed By The Anti World Assembly's plan to found the Nationstates Raiders Union. Also the efforts taken to ensure that all raided Nations are respected as they are raided. Also the fact that the Anti World Assembly spends long hours contacting its nations to inform them of even small events of happenings.

Acknowledging Even though the Anti World Assembly is recent it has obtained new members swiftly and its presence in the World Assembly is ever increasing.

Believing The Anti World Assembly is a model to all nations that oppose the World Assembly but still seek refuge from violence;

Hereby commends The Anti World Assembly
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:28 pm

No
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Eumaeus
Envoy

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Eumaeus » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:38 pm

This is the first time I've ever had to extend my feedback beyond a draft and to a thread title, but you appear to have started your title with "Commened" instead of "Commend".
Tuarus don wrote:The Security Council

Lauding The Anti World Assembly's constant advancement in new programs, notably the unendorsement program and regional polls, that set it independent from other regions.

There should be a comma in there. There is also a word choice error that I underlined. "Apart" is the most obvious substitution, but regardless "independent" is not being used correctly.
Recognizing the region's democratic structure and the equality it uses to pass regional legalization allowing for all nations to contribute.

Random capitalization. It should be "region's" instead of "regions". It should be "it" instead of "is". "Legalization" refers to "the action of making something that was previously illegal permissible by law". I believe the word you are looking for is "legislation".
Specifically recognizing how it respects nations ignoring population statistics and World Assembly endorsements and how it protects nations and allows all nations access to features recognizable as hard to obtain in other regions.

Several random capitalizations. I believe that the red section violates Rule 4c. It should be "allows", not "allow". This is also a run-on sentence, and may be worth splitting up into multiple clauses. Also, the final claim that it makes is, based off of a brief look at the region, not true. This region does not seem to contain any unique or original features.
Applauding the monitored communication between nations and the lack of trust being betrayed significantly.

This clause desperately needs to be reworded.
[b[Also applauding[/b] the efforts taken to restore the World Assembly to greater glory by contacting passive nations to offer them humanitarian aid in times of need.

Edit: your bbcode is messed up.
Complementing the idea to split debate into a diverse range of topics when communicating.

This isn't exactly original.
Noting The Anti World Assembly ejects its members to allow them to geologically travel to other regions to aid them in spite of itself.

I honestly have no clue what this is supposed to mean. It requires additional explanation and an argument as to why this is commendable. Additionally, this is where I will choose to mention that the capitalization of "The Anti World Assembly" is not consistent throughout the proposal.
Admiring the large group of nations the Anti World Assembly has aided, notably Kyle-Ville and other regions of generally smaller size to the Anti World assembly.

Impressed by The Anti World Assembly's plan to found the Nationstates Raiders Union. Also the efforts taken to ensure that all raided Nations are respected as they are raided. Also the fact that the Anti World Assembly spends long hours contacting its nations to inform them of even small events of happenings.

Plans change.

Also, the final sentence has nothing to do with the rest of the clause, and should probably be moved or seperated into its own clause.
Acknowledging that even though the Anti World Assembly is recent it has obtained new members swiftly and its presence in the World Assembly is ever increasing.

Believing The Anti World Assembly is a model to all nations that oppose the World Assembly but still seek refuge from violence;

Hereby commends The Anti World Assembly

Anyways, I thank you for helping me procrastinate on my essay, however as Wayneactia has so elegantly put it: "No". This is a poorly written attempt at a self commendation of a region that is not at all noteworthy.

By the way, random DEN Private First Class flag is random.
Last edited by Eumaeus on Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:26 pm

Tuarus don wrote:Also the efforts taken to ensure that all raided Nations are respected as they are raided.

Nations can not be raided.

The Pharcyde
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pharcyde » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:43 am

To my knowledge no one has ever successfully passed a self-commendation. I think you'd be better off drafting a resolution involving a different target.
Last edited by The Pharcyde on Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire Republic of Pharcyde
Огненная Република Фарсайда
The Pharcyde (II Wiki · Map · Interpol)

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:01 pm

Nothing in this resolution is unique to the region, it has 14 nations, and you live in it. Opposed.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:32 pm

Since your nation was founded on Aug 29th 2019, and you are the founder of the region that is the target of this commend, it doesn't take a genius to work out that your region is only a matter of weeks old at the very most. New regions are rarely—if ever—worthy of commending; more so when this is an attempt at a self-commend. No. Just no.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Annihilators of Chan Island
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:39 pm

This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

I honestly really like to write issues.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Big Octopus
Secretary

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Octopus » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:46 am

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:An attempted self-commend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Deg7VrpHbM
Hmm. Everyone tries to commend himself. But did anyone condemn himself?
Spammy ancient horror, Dark Puppet Overlord and Fxtagning owner of Cthulhu Cola TM

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:49 am

Big octopus wrote:
Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:An attempted self-commend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Deg7VrpHbM
Hmm. Everyone tries to commend himself. But did anyone condemn himself?

It's been tried before.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:23 am

OOC: Do not gravedig old threads for the modly wrath is great.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:25 am

Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: Do not gravedig old threads for the modly wrath is great.

3 weeks? Not really a gravedig...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:47 am

Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: Do not gravedig old threads for the modly wrath is great.

It was still on the first page. That is not a gravedig. Perhaps it would be a good idea for you not to be giving modly advice in threads?
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:39 am

I have resigned from the World Assembly as a demonstration of my support for this commendation.
Last edited by Munkcestrian Republic on Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you like my posts please make sure to downvote my factbooks.
DON'T CLICK
"lmao child you come into MY region"
no, this nation does not represent my
views. i cannot believe i have to clarify this

for RPers
my views explained

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:46 am

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:I have resigned from the World Assembly as a demonstration of my support for this commendation.

OOC: That is counter-intuitive
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:49 am

Marxist Germany wrote:
Munkcestrian Republic wrote:I have resigned from the World Assembly as a demonstration of my support for this commendation.

OOC: That is counter-intuitive

Well, it's not like it's going to be voted on.
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:23 am

That makes no sense whatsoever. I don't think you really thought this through, did you? Hm?

Wave on, wave on

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:25 am

The New California Republic wrote:

That makes no sense whatsoever. I don't think you really thought this through, did you? Hm?

I know you disagree with me on a lot of things, but there's no reason to start getting aggressive about everything.
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:30 am

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:That makes no sense whatsoever. I don't think you really thought this through, did you? Hm?

I know you disagree with me on a lot of things, but there's no reason to start getting aggressive about everything.

Didn't seem that aggressive to me. What was achieved by you resigning over a proposal that will never make it to vote? Perhaps you need to cool your jets for a while hmm?

wait

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:32 am

Wayneactia wrote:
Munkcestrian Republic wrote:I know you disagree with me on a lot of things, but there's no reason to start getting aggressive about everything.

Didn't seem that aggressive to me. What was achieved by you resigning over a proposal that will never make it to vote? Perhaps you need to cool your jets for a while hmm?

Probably because it wasn't aimed at you :) I believe I made clear what was achieved in my first post in this thread.
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:37 am

Wayneactia wrote:

Probably because it wasn't aimed at you :) I believe I made clear what was achieved in my first post in this thread.

Okay then. Have at it.

wait

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:18 am

The New California Republic wrote:That makes no sense whatsoever. I don't think you really thought this through, did you? Hm?

Lol wut. Aggressive? You could respond to what I said instead of making stuff up.

Wave on, wave on

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:44 am

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:I believe I made clear what was achieved in my first post in this thread.

You made clear what you were achieving in the post that we are questioning? A really weird loop there...

Wave on, wave on

Tuarus don
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuarus don » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:22 am

Wayneactia wrote:No

TBH I never expected this is work I just wanted to see what would happen.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:40 am

The who?
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council