NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Condemn Munkcestrian Republic

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Communist Crimean Republic
Secretary

Founded: Jul 19, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

[Draft] Condemn Munkcestrian Republic

Postby Communist Crimean Republic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:54 am

Category: Condemnation

Nominee: Munkcestrian Republic

Proposed by: Nuclear Wastelands

Esteemed Security Council,

Noticing the Munkcestrian Republic as a World Assembly Member State, inclined to follow the resolutions passed by this august Assembly,

Shocked at the Munkcestrian Republic's Abhorrent disregard of General Assembly Resolution #23 - Ban on Slavery and Trafficking. The Following should be noted as the Munkcestrian's violations of GAR#23:

1. The Munkcestrian Republic has set up an alliance of Pro-Slavery Nations, in which member nations of said alliance protect slavers within their nations,

2. Refusing to punish slavers for breaking international law in which the Munkcestrian Republic is to follow as a World Assembly Member-State,

3. Continuing the practice of Chattel slavery, of which has been banned by GAR#23,

Further Noting that the Munkcestrian Republic also holds immoral pro-slavery laws and ideals not defined by GAR#23, the following which are listed:

1. Promoting violence against Anti-Slavery Groups,

2. Promoting the spread of Slavery into anti-slavery nations,

3. Threatening nations that wish to stop the spread of Munkcestrian slavery in their territory.

Wishing to use the condemnation of the Munkcestrian Republic to slow the spread of slavery among WA Member States,

Hereby Condemns the Munkcestrian Republic.

(OOC: I have decided to submit the final draft (when that time comes) from my main, which I will switch my WA status over to)

Category: Condemnation

Proposed by: Communist Crimean Republic

Shocked at the Munkcestrian Republic's promotion of Chattel Slavery,

Noting that the Munkcestrian Republic has formed an alliance of pro-slavers, promoting chattel slavery,

Further Noting that the Munkcestrian Republic has gone against laws against slavery put in place by this Esteemed World Assembly,

(OOC: Yes, I understand this needs more meat to it. Will definitely do that when I am not so busy, I just wanted to throw a draft of a condemnation of such a nation out for the public to see)
Last edited by Communist Crimean Republic on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Praeceps
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Praeceps » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:57 am

I would typically suggest adding a lot more meat (so to speak) to your draft prior to presenting it publicly.

I can predict what the responses below will most likely be: "Who?", "Not condemnable", "Needs more substance", etc. The feedback you will get will not be that valuable as it would be if you worked on it longer before presenting.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Newark Aristocracy
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:58 am

Finally, something I can care about.

(Notes:I'm at war with Munckchester rn,and I'm a anti slaver.) Bet ya my post declaring war on him in his slaver allience thread caught your attention.
News:Terrorist Attack In Newark City/War with basuria won!/NASJAR pilot from the Newark Aristocracy crashes!/Leader States:"i am willing to face any threat,no matter how bad" in speech/New war begins!/THATS ALL FOR NOW

We are MT with some PMT elements such as the DOS Cannon and the T.H.E.O.
We also support ISIS ICly.
OOC:R.I.P Opportunity Rover,you will always be missed.
Also, DON'T REPLY TO BLOODY SPAMMING,MODS CAN WARN YA FOR IT.

Secretary

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Communist Crimean Republic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:02 pm

Alright, I found the relevant resolution(s) and am now adding beef to the proposal. Draft 2 coming up.

Newark Aristocracy
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:05 pm

*hands proposal writer 9000 over*
News:Terrorist Attack In Newark City/War with basuria won!/NASJAR pilot from the Newark Aristocracy crashes!/Leader States:"i am willing to face any threat,no matter how bad" in speech/New war begins!/THATS ALL FOR NOW

We are MT with some PMT elements such as the DOS Cannon and the T.H.E.O.
We also support ISIS ICly.
OOC:R.I.P Opportunity Rover,you will always be missed.
Also, DON'T REPLY TO BLOODY SPAMMING,MODS CAN WARN YA FOR IT.

Secretary

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Communist Crimean Republic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:24 pm

OOC: Draft 2 is up - Any comments, criticism, and Advice is greatly appreciated.

Eumaeus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Eumaeus » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:57 pm

Communist Crimean Republic wrote:Category: Condemnation

Proposed by: Nuclear Wastelands

Noticing the Munkcestrian Republic as a World Assembly member state, inclined to follow the resolutions passed by this august Assembly,

Shocked at the Munkcestrian Republic's abhorrent disregard of General Assembly Resolution #23 - Ban on Slavery and Trafficking. The Following should be noted as the Munkcestrian's violations of GAR#23:

There is some unnecessary capitalization in these clauses. "Member State" is not a recognized title for WA nations, but "World Assembly member" is, so I would consider changing that up.

Regarding the underlined section I am not one hundred percent sure if you are just shortening the target's name or trying to say the equivalent of "the Americans' violations. If it is the former I would just write out the full name, if it is the latter it should be "the Munkcestrians' violations".
1. The Munkcestrian Republic has set up an alliance of Pro-Slavery Nations, in which member nations of said alliance protect slavers within their nations,

The details of this alliance should be expanded. Does it have a name? How many nations are part of it? Etc.
2. Refusing to punish slavers for breaking international law, in which the Munkcestrian Republic has agreed to follow as a World Assembly member state,

You need to decide between "member state" and "member-state".
3. Continuing the practice of Chattel slavery, of which has been banned by GAR#23,

The ordering of this list is a bit off. I would introduce them in order of severity from least to most, which imo is 3, 2, 1. Although, I'm not sure what the difference between points 2 and 3 are. Allowing slavery and not punishing slavers seem like the same thing.
Further Noting that the Munkcestrian Republic also holds immoral pro-slavery laws and ideals not defined by GAR#23, including:

1. Promoting violence against Anti-Slavery Groups,

2. Promoting the spread of slavery into anti-slavery nations,

3. Threatening nations that wish to stop the spread of Munkcestrian slavery in their territory,

Unnecessary capitalization, and an inconsistent punctuation mark.
Wishing to use the condemnation of the Munkcestrian Republic to slow the spread of slavery among WA Member States,

Overall, I have no objections to Condemning nations based on In Context actions, but they should at least be interesting In Context actions.I would advise that you take a deeper delve into into this nation's IC history, however I can tell from a glance that they are not nearly accomplished enough to merit Condemnation.

The proposal, while clearly being rushed, is actually fairly well written, but it is working with basically nothing and it shows.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

Munkcestrian Republic
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:00 pm

Full support! 8)

We've got a load more stuff you should condemn us for, though. See my old nation, Munkchester.

Eternal Lotharia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:01 pm

Full support, for fun. Why not? :lol:
On Hiatus from September 6th 2019 to September 13th 2019.
Left-Wing Christian Pro-Life Pragmatic Populist. Oregonian.
Candidate for City Council of a large city.
A little too obsessed with food.
Farnhamia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:You scare me sometimes, Loth.

"Local Candidate Admits To Enjoying Human Flesh; Police Seeking Missing Family Members"

Munkcestrian Republic
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:02 pm

Eumaeus wrote:Overall, I have no objections to Condemning nations based on In Context actions, but they should at least be interesting In Context actions.I would advise that you take a deeper delve into into this nation's IC history, however I can tell from a glance that they are not nearly accomplished enough to merit Condemnation.

The proposal, while clearly being rushed, is actually fairly well written, but it is working with basically nothing and it shows.

:( I'm, like, N&IR's most notorious up-and-coming slaver

Eternal Lotharia
Powerbroker

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:03 pm

I also should note my nation has embargoed Munkcestrian Republic.

Not a RP, just a side-note. Our government regularly condemns it and other nations like it. Nothing major though-we have a full list of evil nations we do that to.
Farnhamia wrote:

"Local Candidate Admits To Enjoying Human Flesh; Police Seeking Missing Family Members"

Imperial Fascist States
Secretary

Founded: Aug 24, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Imperial Fascist States » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:07 pm

Finally a WA proposal I can get behind

Eternal Lotharia
Powerbroker

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:08 pm

Imperial Fascist States wrote:Finally a WA proposal I can get behind

...But you're Fascist. :p
Farnhamia wrote:

Munkcestrian Republic
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:09 pm

Why?

Imperial Fascist States
Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Imperial Fascist States » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:10 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:

Why?

Because I'm anti-slavery and have a particular dislike for you

Eternal Lotharia
Powerbroker

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:10 pm

Imperial Fascist States wrote:
Munkcestrian Republic wrote:Why?

Because I'm anti-slavery and have a particular dislike for you

Roasted. :lol:

Want to form a alliance to blockade him?
Farnhamia wrote:

Imperial Fascist States
Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Imperial Fascist States » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:12 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Imperial Fascist States wrote:Because I'm anti-slavery and have a particular dislike for you

Roasted. :lol:

Funny you say that: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=471525

Eternal Lotharia
Powerbroker

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:14 pm

Imperial Fascist States wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:Roasted. :lol:

Funny you say that: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=471525

You should ask in moderation to have that changed to nationstates forum. As to not hijack this thread, let's talk via TG's.
Farnhamia wrote:

Bhang Bhang Duc
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 17, 2003

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:06 pm

Praeceps wrote:I would typically suggest adding a lot more meat (so to speak) to your draft prior to presenting it publicly.

I can predict what the responses below will most likely be: "Who?", "Not condemnable", "Needs more substance", etc. The feedback you will get will not be that valuable as it would be if you worked on it longer before presenting.

Pretty much this plus the fact that as written it’s illegal - R4(d). By starting “Esteemed Security Council” you are addressing the SC, not writing it from the SC’s perspective.
Last edited by Bhang Bhang Duc on Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

Munkcestrian Republic
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:17 pm

Having thought about this a little more, while I would be honoured to accept this condemnation, I think I'll have to do a little more first to truly deserve it. ;)

Support withdrawn (for now).

Nouveau Quebecois
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:21 pm

"Please expand on Section 2, points 1 through 3, with evidence."
.==. Nouveau État Québécois .==.
.= Factbooks WIP. NS stats have been accidentally strangled in the trunk of a 1968 Chevrolet Biscayne. =.
.= Don't like our religious extremism? Maybe you'll think twice once your see the export rates on our free-market mining and energy industries. =.
Le Conseil de la Francosphère - The Francosphère Council: A coalition of states united behind the banner of French heritage.

Kingdom Of The UN
Attaché

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kingdom Of The UN » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:24 pm

Newark Aristocracy wrote:Finally, something I can care about.

(Notes:I'm at war with Munckchester rn,and I'm a anti slaver.) Bet ya my post declaring war on him in his slaver allience thread caught your attention.

bruh

Nouveau Quebecois
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:26 pm

This dude is flexing so hard, someone tell him that being at war with Munkchester isn't exactly a rare or brave feat.
.==. Nouveau État Québécois .==.
.= Factbooks WIP. NS stats have been accidentally strangled in the trunk of a 1968 Chevrolet Biscayne. =.
.= Don't like our religious extremism? Maybe you'll think twice once your see the export rates on our free-market mining and energy industries. =.
Le Conseil de la Francosphère - The Francosphère Council: A coalition of states united behind the banner of French heritage.

Kingdom Of The UN
Attaché

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kingdom Of The UN » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:26 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:Full support! 8)

We've got a load more stuff you should condemn us for, though. See my old nation, Munkchester.

you want us to look bad or good

Eternal Lotharia
Powerbroker

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:27 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:

This dude is flexing so hard, someone tell him that being at war with Munkchester isn't exactly a rare or brave feat.

It's like a ns newbie rite of passage.
Farnhamia wrote:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council