NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Koem Kab

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eumaeus
Envoy

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Eumaeus » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:10 pm

I was thinking about this in the shower earlier, and think that you may be able to spin it as some sort of financial resource, like a bond or stock or something. Otherwise I think I would go with the artifacts or intelligence report angle.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:32 am

The artifacts angle I was thinking of (and hopefully will have full time to suggestedit soon), is based on the idea that 'artifacts' irl are cultural things that can't exactly be created or duplicated, but can be destroyed, and are found with no warning even when looking.

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Abstain

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:15 am

I am also surprised 'cards' is treated differently than 'password' 'eject' 'regional message board' etc. With the news post at the end of last year that cards are now a "permanent feature" of NS, I would think that term would fall right into: "any term included within NationStates the game - eg. passwords, World Factbook Entries, founders, eject, 'black helicopters transporting nations between regions' - legal (see here, here, here, here and here)"

I can see how terms like "card farming" and the likes are out just like "endorsement tarting" but we all have a button on our nation page for cards, so it is not clear to me why "card" by itself that's not considered a term within NationStates the game.
AKA Weed

Eumaeus
Envoy

Postby Eumaeus » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:48 am

Topid wrote:I am also surprised 'cards' is treated differently than 'password' 'eject' 'regional message board' etc. With the news post at the end of last year that cards are now a "permanent feature" of NS, I would think that term would fall right into: "any term included within NationStates the game - eg. passwords, World Factbook Entries, founders, eject, 'black helicopters transporting nations between regions' - legal (see here, here, here, here and here)"

I can see how terms like "card farming" and the likes are out just like "endorsement tarting" but we all have a button on our nation page for cards, so it is not clear to me why "card" by itself that's not considered a term within NationStates the game.

I would actually like a bit more explanation on this ruling as well.

The Compendium says "We've written the following rubric to help determine whether terms fit within Rule 4 or not", with the rubric reading:
1. Is the term something that could be applied to real-world nations. If yes, then fine. If no, see #2.
2. Is the term something that could be applied to the NationStates world? If yes, see point 3, if no, then what on earth are you writing about?
3. Is the term referring to NationStates as a game, or to the people behind the nations? If yes, it's not acceptable. If no, it's fine.

I would say that the term "cards" pretty clearly fails #1, so we have to see #2.

According to Ardchoille, speaking on behalf of God (hallowed be her name):
Ardchoille wrote:SC resolutions can legally recognise that some things happen in the NS Multiverse that don't happen in the real world. That's why it's legal to use in SC proposals the terms that the game uses on nation or region pages -- so passwords get a guernsey, and so do WFEs and Founders.

The above quote is one of the explanations for the Compendium's statement:
Any term included within NationStates the game - eg. passwords, World Factbook Entries, founders, eject, 'black helicopters transporting nations between regions' - legal...

The term "Cards" appears on each nation's page and based off of a reading of these sources it seems like it must be legal. Reading through previous mod decisions on this rule though, there seem to be a lot of caveats that are not stated in the Compendium that kind of complicate ruling on this matter, which is why I'm choosing to ask for an explanation rather than just saying "I disagree".

#3 specifically says "Is the term referring to NationStates as a game", and seeing as trading cards is a minigame within the larger game, treating Cards as implying NationStates itself is a game doesn't really make much sense.

My overall point is that I can understand how a mod would come to the conclusion that the term "Cards" is illegal, but seeing as this ruling seemingly contradicts a(n admittedly vague) ruling set out in the Compendium of Mod Rulings, I would appreciate a more in-depth explanation.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:59 pm

Thank you everyone above who has provided suggestions. I have been considering them as they come up and will soon be able to provide replies. What particularly caught my attention though is Topid and Eumaeus’ comments. While I would like to provide a more in-depth reply, I’d like to say that even if card is legal could I still write the proposal in a way that shows off Koem’s accomplishments? As Topid said, phrases like “card farming” would not be allowed, so I could only really get away with the hoarding section. That’s generally my thoughts.
Last edited by Bormiar on Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bormiar
Ambassador

Postby Bormiar » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:02 am

Here's hopefully-legal draft two.

Still wordy as hell, but I hope it's legal now. I chose the "intelligence dossier" one because I was unsure of how to implement the other ideas.

Thanks for your time reading this, and your incredible feedback and patience!

The Security Council,

NOTING that many nations collect intelligence dossiers of other nations, which include: the nation’s motto, classification, name, population, region, flag, top world census rankings, world assembly authorships, and recognition by this council,

FURTHER NOTING that every intelligence dossier is identical, and it is pointless to collect more than one of a single nation. Rather, it is to the detriment of other nation’s intelligence programs to have more than one of this limited resource,

AWARE of the difficulties spies must overcome in order to collect intelligence on many nations, with the intelligence dossiers of most prominent nations being owned by less than 100 nations,

DEFINING "bank" as the standard currency by which nations trade dossiers.

SHOCKED by Koem Kab’s unnecessary hoarding of popular dossiers, of which most notably:
1. Koem Kab’s unwillingness to sell popular dossiers of which it has the greatest number in the world. These dossiers include intelligence on Frisbeeteria, Reploid Productions, Euroslavia, Sanctaria, Katganistan, Knootoss, NewTexas, Zwangzug, Mousebumples, Transnapastain, Lamoni, Aleisyr, Ardchoille, Kindjal, Pogaria, Kyrusia, Aurelia, Glen-Rhodes, Christian Democrats, Menta Lee-Il, Old Tyrannia, Farnhamia, Sunset, Topid, McMasterdonia, Separatist Peoples, The Bruce, Cogitation, Nation of Quebec, Pythagosaurus, The Stalker, The Grim Reaper, Caelapes, Imperium Anglorum, Gnejs, Caracasus, Frieden-und Freudenland, and Candlewhisper Archive, among many others. This unwillingness to trade means that many nations will be unable to receive a dossier on many important nations.
2. Koem Kab’s active attempts at being the sole owner of the dossier of NERVUN, of which Koem Kab has 43 dossiers.
3. Koem Kab’s hoarding of the artificially high-valued dossier of Queen Yuno. Koem Kab has 10 of these dossiers.
4. Koem Kab’s complete unwillingness to sell dossiers unless the buyer is willing to meet unreasonably high prices, and the lack of other sellers and owners due to Koem Kab’s hoarding,

AWARE of the affects of hoarding, which prevents nations from gaining intelligence on many prominent nations,

DISGUSTED at the methods used in developing such an abnormally large and high-valued collection of dossiers, of which includes:
1. Intentionally avoiding the fees required to increase dossier collection capacity, which is imposed upon all nations. Unwillingness or inability to pay for a larger capacity results in the inability to be given dossiers from other nations, but it does not prevent nations from buying and selling dossiers. Koem Kab circumvents these limits by seizing control of another nation, Greatest Chernobyl, and receiving gifts on that nation. Then, Koem Kab buys the gifts given to Greatest chernobyl, thus fooling the system.
2. Blatantly increasing the value of useless dossiers of nations such as International Organization, Ortsync, Griet, Divine Will VII, Vacuole, The Home of Hope, Aummunati0n, Neutral Yugoslavia, Death Defiance 17, The CLU Empire, Moorwhyne, Sleepwalker, Jidal, Balmains, Westlandium, The Automobile Industry, and many more. This involves selling the dossier to a nation controlled by Koem Kab for a high price, which raises the value and thus the value of the collection. While done in smaller chunks it’s a transfer of bank between two nations, but with amounts of bank in the hundreds, it causes Koem Kabs collection of dossiers to appear to be worth thousands more than than it actually should be, thus deceiving the viewer and increasing Koem Kabs ranking internationally.
3. Abusing Koem Kab’s massive amount of bank in order to buy low-selling dossiers. This can be done by placing a bid for the dossier at a price slightly above the market value, then placing another bid for an equal amount, in order to prevent "dropping". This is a tactic few nations can afford, and often ends the bidding war, which prevents the naive seller from getting a fair amount of bank for the dossier,

COGNIZANT of the affects of value-increasing, which significantly altar the world rankings for highest valued collections, and highest valued dossiers,

AWARE of the methods Koem Kab uses that are widely considered petty for nations with large collections, which includes bank transfer stealing and bidding 0.01 bank above the next highest bid,

FURTHER AWARE that Koem Kab has contributed to the cost increase. This has been done because the demand for popular dossiers has not been met by the supply, so nations with many identical dossiers can sell much higher than it’s worth. This cost increase has increased difficulty of owning a popular dossier for the less well-off, and ensured that most popular dossiers will go to Koem Kab and other rich collectors, to the detriment of poorer nations.

HOPING that the security council will recognize this hoarding and the methods used in bring this collection to be the largest in the world,

Hereby condemns Koem Kab
Last edited by Bormiar on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:21 am

This looks really good at how you have addressed Rule 4. I'm sure Eumaeus or BBD will be along shortly to do a grammar check but a few comments on the substance.

FURTHER NOTING that every intelligence dossier is identical, and it is pointless to collect more than one of a single nation. Rather, it is to the detriment of other nation’s intelligence programs to have more than one of this limited resource,

It's not pointless to collect more than one card of a single nation—it can help increase your deck value.

3. Abusing Koem Kab’s massive amount of bank in order to buy low-selling dossiers. This can be done by placing a bid for the dossier at a price slightly above the market value, then placing another bid for an equal amount, in order to prevent "dropping". This is a tactic few nations can afford, and often ends the bidding war, which prevents the naive seller from getting a fair amount of bank for the dossier,

I think you need more details on this one as it stands, it is still unclear to me. I think the term dropping could also be clarified.

FURTHER AWARE that Koem Kab has contributed to the cost increase. This has been done because the demand for popular dossiers has not been met by the supply, so nations with many identical dossiers can sell much higher than it’s worth. This cost increase has increased difficulty of owning a popular dossier for the less well-off, and ensured that most popular dossiers will go to Koem Kab and other rich collectors, to the detriment of poorer nations.

I think inflation would be a better word here than cost increase.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention, it would be a good idea to mention in a R4 compliant way about ex-nations and how the dossiers on them can no longer be found (barring finding them while an auction for the card is ongoing), hoarding those cards is potentially more dangerous as if all the holders of that card CTE, it will no longer be possible to obtain that card.
Last edited by Praeceps on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Bormiar
Ambassador

Postby Bormiar » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:43 am

As I did in the last draft, I will, of course, include your suggestions, Praeceps. Do you intend on it being the famous CTE legs, like Soops, or ones that have CTE'd during S1, like Kandy, CG, Mall, Auralia, etc?

Bormiar
Ambassador

Postby Bormiar » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:13 pm

Next draft up.

The Security Council,

ACKNOWLEDGING government-owned art collections which exist within nations and the active art trade which uses the currency "bank",

UNDERSTANDING that art reveals important information on the culture, ideology, and importance of the nation from which it was made,

AWARE that art is not bought and sold based on the artist, or the quality of the piece, but rather the culture that it expresses, so as to expand collections centered around specific nations.

DISTURBED that Koem Kab’s museums have collections so large and high-valued that masterpieces are not recognized for their beauty, instead glanced at due to the sheer amount of them. This disregard for art has been caused by the following:
1. Koem Kab’s museums abundance of art from the world’s legendary nations, a description determined by a nation’s longevity, census rankings, and contributions to the world, among other factors. Koem Kab’s museums have an obsession with collecting legendary nations, a trait shared by many, but fulfilled by few.
2. Koem Kab’s active attempts at monopolizing art from NERVUN. Koem Kab has a staggering 52 NERVUNian pieces in its collection.
3. Koem Kab’s decision to horde the artificiallly high-valued art from Queen Yuno. Koem Kab has 10 of these art pieces.
4. Koem Kab’s complete unwillingness to sell art unless the buyer is willing to meet unreasonably high prices,

AWARE of the effects of hoarding, which not only prevents nations from gaining intelligence on many prominent nations, but also, as stated above, devalues the art in the eyes of a tourist,

NOTING the importance of the distribution of art over a large number of nations, as it means that even if a government ceases to exist and its museums are abandoned, knowledge and beauty will continue to exist in the world. Therefore, Koem Kab’s control over so much art is risky,

DISGUSTED at the methods used in developing such an abnormally large and high-valued collection, of which includes:
1. Intentionally avoiding the maintenance fees required to increase art collection capacity, which is imposed upon all nations. Unwillingness or inability to pay for a larger capacity results in the inability to be gifted art from other nations, but it does not prevent nations from buying and selling art. Koem Kab circumvents these limits by seizing control of another nation, Greatest Chernobyl, and receiving gifts from Koem Kab’s colonies on said nation. Then, Koem Kab often sells the gifts in Greatest Chernobyl, and uses the bank to buy art in Koem Kab, thus fooling the system.
2. Blatantly increasing the value of useless art from nations such as International Organization, Ortsync, Griet, Divine Will VII, Vacuole, The Home of Hope, Aummunati0n, Neutral Yugoslavia, Death Defiance 17, The CLU Empire, Moorwhyne, Sleepwalker, Jidal, Balmains, Westlandium, The Automobile Industry, and many more. This involves selling the art to a nation controlled by Koem Kab for a high price, which raises the value and thus the value of the collection. While done in smaller chunks it can be argued as a transfer of bank between two nations, but with amounts of bank in the hundreds, it causes Koem Kabs art collections to appear to be worth thousands more than than they actually should be, thus deceiving a tourist and increasing Koem Kab’s international ranking.
3. Koem Kab’s abuse of its massive amount of bank in order to buy low-selling art. This can be done by placing a bid for the art at a price slightly above the market value (a value calculated by the average of all sale prices), then placing another bid for an equal amount as the previous bid, in order to prevent "dropping", which is when another owner of the art will sell for the price bid by Koem Kab, then buy for the originally low price, in order to profit. This dropping-prevention tactic is one that few nations can afford, and often ends the bidding war, which prevents the naïve seller from getting a fair amount of bank for the art,
4. Colonizing thousands of nations for the sole purpose of art production,

AWARE of the methods Koem Kab uses that are widely considered petty for nations with large collections, which includes bank transfer stealing and "pennybidding", which is bidding 0.01 bank above the next highest bid,

FURTHER AWARE that Koem Kab has contributed to the art value inflation. This has been done because the demand for popular art has not been met by the supply, so nations with lots of art from a single nation can sell much higher than it’s worth. This cost increase has made it more difficult to own popular art for poor nations, and ensured that most popular art will go to Koem Kab and other rich collectors, to the detriment of most nations.

CONCLUDING that Koem Kab has prevented growth of small museums, inflated art prices, stolen transferred bank, pennybidded, artificially raised card value, nearly monopolized ownership of some art, and hoarded,

Hereby condemns Koem Kab

Toerana
Envoy

Founded: Nov 27, 2018

Postby Toerana » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Loving the concept.

Bormiar
Ambassador

Postby Bormiar » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:50 pm

I've been checking this several times a day, and I'm surprised no one has any other thoughts. It certainly is a significant change from the previous draft.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:04 pm

Bormiar wrote:I've been checking this several times a day, and I'm surprised no one has any other thoughts. It certainly is a significant change from the previous draft.

OOC:The SC is a pretty slow forum
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Bormiar
Ambassador

Postby Bormiar » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:
Bormiar wrote:I've been checking this several times a day, and I'm surprised no one has any other thoughts. It certainly is a significant change from the previous draft.

OOC:The SC is a pretty slow forum

Yeah you're right. I should be a little more patient.

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 pm

I have read the latest draft a couple of times, but it’s quite detailed and I want to peruse it a couple more times before I comment in detail.

The idea of treating cards as nationally owned art is clever and would appear to circumvent any R4 problems previously raised concerning your draft.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Bormiar
Ambassador

Postby Bormiar » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:57 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:

I have read the latest draft a couple of times, but it’s quite detailed and I want to peruse it a couple more times before I comment in detail.

The idea of treating cards as nationally owned art is clever and would appear to circumvent any R4 problems previously raised concerning your draft.

Thank you, that's very thoughtful.

Eumaeus
Envoy

Postby Eumaeus » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:14 pm

Now that my vacation is officially over, and my flight has already been delayed 50 minutes, I'll go ahead and give some feedback.
Bormiar wrote:The Security Council,

ACKNOWLEDGING the existence of government-owned art collections within nations and the exchange of individual pieces and currency ("bank") that makes up the international art trade,

What started off as some minor edits became a complete rewrite of this clause by accident. Feel free to use it if you would like.
UNDERSTANDING that art reveals important information on the culture, ideology, and importance of the nation from which it originated,

AWARE that art is not bought and sold based on the artist, or the quality of the piece, but rather the culture that it expresses, so as to expand collections centered around specific nations.

DISTURBED that Koem Kab’s museums have collections so large and high-valued that masterpieces are not recognized for their beauty, instead glanced at due to the sheer amount of them. This disregard for art has been caused by the following:
1. Koem Kab’s museums' abundance of art from the world’s legendary nations, a description determined by a nation’s longevity, census rankings, and contributions to the world, among other factors. Koem Kab’s museums have an obsession with collecting legendary nations, a trait shared by many, but fulfilled by few.

Forgot an apostrophe.
2. Koem Kab’s active attempts at monopolizing art from NERVUN, of which Koem Kab has a staggering 52 NERVUNian pieces in its collection.

This could easily be a single sentence.
3. Koem Kab’s decision to hoard the artificially high-valued art from Queen Yuno, of which Koem Kab has 10 of these art pieces.

Unless you're talking about Z-Day you've used the wrong hoard. You put three "l"s in "artificially" by accident. Using single sentences here will keep the proposal's flow from feeling interrupted.
4. Koem Kab’s complete unwillingness to sell art unless the buyer is willing to meet unreasonably high prices,

AWARE of the effects of hoarding, which not only prevents nations from gaining intelligence on many prominent nations, but also, as stated above, devalues the art in the eyes of a tourist,

NOTING the importance of the distribution of art over a large number of nations, as it means that even if a government ceases to exist and its museums are abandoned, the knowledge and beauty they contained will continue to exist in the world. Therefore, Koem Kab’s control over so much art is risky,

I made a slight edit just to see how it looked, but I think that the last sentence is completely unnecessary.
DISGUSTED at the methods Koem Kab has used to develop such an abnormally large and high-valued collection, including:

Just a couple minor edit suggestions.
1. Intentionally avoiding the maintenance fees required to increase art collection capacity, which is imposed upon all nations. Unwillingness or inability to pay for a larger capacity results in the inability to be gifted art from other nations, but it does not prevent nations from buying and selling art. Koem Kab circumvents these limits by seizing control of another nation, Greatest Chernobyl, and receiving gifts from Koem Kab’s colonies on said nation. Then, Koem Kab often sells the gifts in Greatest Chernobyl, and uses the bank to buy art in Koem Kab, thus fooling the system.
2. Blatantly increasing the value of useless art from nations such as International Organization, Ortsync, Griet, Divine Will VII, Vacuole, The Home of Hope, Aummunati0n, Neutral Yugoslavia, Death Defiance 17, The CLU Empire, Moorwhyne, Sleepwalker, Jidal, Balmains, Westlandium, The Automobile Industry, and many more. This involves selling the art to a nation controlled by Koem Kab for a high price, which raises the value and thus the value of the collection. While done in smaller chunks it can be argued as a transfer of bank between two nations, but with amounts of bank in the hundreds, it causes Koem Kab's art collections to appear to be worth thousands more than than they actually should be, thus deceiving a tourist and increasing Koem Kab’s international ranking.
3. Koem Kab’s abuse of its massive amount of bank in order to buy low-selling art. This can be done by placing a bid for the art at a price slightly above the market value (a value calculated by the average of all sale prices), then placing another bid for an equal amount as the previous bid, in order to prevent "dropping", which is when another owner of the art will sell for the price bid by Koem Kab, then buy for the originally low price, in order to profit. This dropping-prevention tactic is one that few nations can afford, and often ends the bidding war, which prevents the naïve seller from getting a fair amount of bank for the art,

I'm not going to go into depth on these clauses, mostly because they are attempts to explain an aspect of card trading which is a feature of NS that I am completely unfamiliar with. I am, however, going to suggest that you look into editing these explanations down so that they are more concise.

AWARE of the methods Koem Kab uses that are widely considered petty for nations with large collections, which includes bank transfer stealing and "pennybidding", which is bidding 0.01 bank above the next highest bid,

FURTHER AWARE that Koem Kab has contributed to the art value inflation. This has been done because the demand for popular art has not been met by the supply, so nations with lots of art from a single nation can demand much higher than its actual worth. This cost increase has made it more difficult for poor nations to own popular art, and ensured that most popular art will go to Koem Kab and other rich collectors, to the detriment of most nations.

I think "demand" is a more forceful alternative to "sell" in this context. You used the wrong "its". The bit in the third sentence was passive voice, which I usually don't care about but this instance was so painful to read I had to correct it (I guess even the most pointless grammar rules have points :/). I think the last bit is unnecessary, but if you insist on keeping it you've ended this clause with a period when the rest end with commas.

Glad to see that you came back to this, I was afraid you would forget about it :p . Other than the grammar related feedback I provided I think this draft might be ready to go. There may be some pushback from people arguing that this is an attempt to punish a nation for its success in art collection/card trading, but I think you've adequately explained why it is detrimental to the international community.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:11 am

I was going to go through this today, but Eumaeus has beaten me to the punch. Therefore I’m not going to go through the draft clause by clause as they’ve already done an excellent job.

One thing I will say and it supports a point Eumaeus made, concerns the clauses about the mechanics of card trading. These points really need to be more concise. The way it’s written at the moment you run the risk of losing your audience due to the complexity.

Apart from that keep up the good work. It will take time as you’re trying to do something new in the SC and keep clear of R4 violations, but stick with it.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:33 am

Bormiar wrote:
DISGUSTED at the methods used in developing such an abnormally large and high-valued collection, of which includes:

1. Intentionally avoiding the maintenance fees required to increase art collection capacity, which is imposed upon all nations. Unwillingness or inability to pay for a larger capacity results in the inability to be gifted art from other nations, but it does not prevent nations from buying and selling art. Koem Kab circumvents these limits by seizing control of another nation, Greatest Chernobyl, and receiving gifts from Koem Kab’s colonies on said nation. Koem Kab sells the gifts in Greatest Chernobyl to Koem Kab, thus fooling the system.

2. Blatantly increasing the value of useless art from nations such as International Organization, Ortsync, Griet, Divine Will VII, Vacuole, and many more through selling the art to a nation controlled by Koem Kab for a high price, raising the card's value and the value of the collection. It causes Koem Kabs art collections to appear to be worth thousands more than than they actually should be, thus deceiving a tourist and increasing Koem Kab’s international ranking.

3. Koem Kab’s abuse of its massive amount of bank in order to buy low-selling art by placing a bid for art at a price slightly above the market value (calculated by the average of all sale prices), then placing another bid for an equal amount as the previous bid, to prevent another owner of the art will selling for the price bid by Koem Kab, then buy for the originally low price. This dropping-prevention often ends the bidding war, which prevents the naïve seller from getting a fair amount of bank for the art,

I tried to edit it down but keep the major points. Let me know what you think Bormiar.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Bormiar
Ambassador

Postby Bormiar » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:18 pm

This next draft takes all of Eumaeus' suggestions, along with his, BBD, and Praeceps' suggestions to make the methods clause more concise. The shortening of this clause is the most significant change, and I used Praeceps suggestions and a few thoughts of my own. My point with this is that this draft has not changed in terms of original content, so please don't bother reading it closely. I think it's ready to go now.

Note on the numbers: these will all be updated immediately prior to the proposals submission.

Thanks!

The Security Council,

ACKNOWLEDGING the existence of government-owned art collections within nations and the exchange of individual pieces and currency ("bank") that makes up the international art trade,

UNDERSTANDING that art reveals important information on the culture, ideology, and importance of the nation from which it originated,

1. Koem Kab’s museums’ abundance of art from the world’s legendary nations, a description determined by a nation’s longevity, census rankings, and contributions to the world, among other factors. Koem Kab’s museums have an obsession with collecting legendary nations, a trait shared by many, but fulfilled by few.
2. Koem Kab’s active attempts at monopolizing art from NERVUN, of which Koem Kab has a staggering 52 pieces in its collection.
3. Koem Kab’s decision to hoard the artificially high-valued art from Queen Yuno, of which Koem Kab has 10.

NOTING the importance of the distribution of art over a large number of nations, as it means that even if a government ceases to exist and its museums are abandoned, the knowledge and beauty they contained will continue to exist in the world.

DISGUSTED at the methods Koem Kab has used to develop such an abnormally large and high-valued collection, including:
1. Intentionally avoiding the maintenance fees required to increase art collection capacity, which, if not paid, bars nations from receiving gifts from its colonies. Koem Kab circumvents these limits by seizing control of another nation, Greatest Chernobyl, and receiving gifts from Koem Kab’s colonies on said nation. Koem Kab often sells the gifts in Greatest Chernobyl, thus fooling the system.
2. Blatantly increasing the value of useless art from nations such as International Organization, Ortsync, Griet, Divine Will VII, Vacuole, and many more by selling the art to a nation controlled by Koem Kab for a high price, raising the value and thus the value of the collection. This causes Koem Kab’s art collections to appear to be worth thousands more than than they actually should be, thus deceiving a tourist and increasing Koem Kab’s international ranking.
3. Koem Kab’s abuse of its massive amount of bank in order to buy low-selling art by placing two bids for the art at a price slightly above the market value (a value calculated by the average of all sale prices), a tactic used in order to prevent “dropping”, in which another owner of the art sells for the price bid by Koem Kab, then buys for the originally low price, in order to profit. This dropping-prevention tactic is one that few nations can afford, and often ends the bidding war, which prevents the naïve seller from getting a fair amount of bank for the art,

FURTHER AWARE that Koem Kab has contributed to the art value inflation. This has been done because the demand for popular art has not been met by the supply, so nations with lots of art from a single nation can demand much higher than its actual worth. This cost increase has made it more difficult for poor nations to own popular art, and ensured that most popular art will go to Koem Kab and other rich collectors.

CONCLUDING that Koem Kab has prevented growth of small museums, inflated art prices, stolen transferred bank, pennybidded, artificially raised card value, nearly monopolized ownership of some art, and hoarded,

Hereby condemns Koem Kab

Last edited by Bormiar on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bormiar
Ambassador

Postby Bormiar » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:06 pm

Whoops. Forgot to mention. At this point, I'm just asking everyone whether they have any reason I shouldn't submit it now (if it's not ready would be a good reason).

Bormiar
Ambassador

Postby Bormiar » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Submitted.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:53 pm

OOC:You should submit right after the update to get more time but alright.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Ransium
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ransium » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:10 pm

Sorry I haven’t provided useful feedback. Can I persuade you to hold off on submitting for this for me to think about the legality of it.

Commended by SC 236,
WA Delegate of Forest from March 20th, 2007 to August 19, 2020.
Author of WA Resolutions: SC 221, SC 224, SC 233, SC 243, SC 265, GA 403, GA 439, GA 445,GA 463,GA 465,
Issues Editor since January 20th, 2017 with some down time.
Author of 27 issues. First editor of 44.
Moderator since November 10th 2017 with some down time.

Bormiar
Ambassador

Postby Bormiar » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:15 pm

Ransium wrote:Sorry I haven’t provided useful feedback. Can I persuade you to hold off on submitting for this for me to think about the legality of it.

That would be kind of awkward now. How long do you need?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives