NATION

PASSWORD

The Rules of the WA?

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Zex Mafia
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

The Rules of the WA?

Postby Zex Mafia » Mon May 13, 2019 8:17 am

I’m extremely nervous when thinking about writing a proposal for the world assembly. I remember thourougly reading the rules that the WA hyperlinked to me and I thought I had it figured out. I submitted a proposal to repeal child labor and it was voted illegal by gensec immediately. I looked back at the rules and couldn’t find the rules they were referencing anywhere. If anyone knows where these extra rules are...PLEASE GIVE THEM TO ME!

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 am

Zex Mafia wrote:I’m extremely nervous when thinking about writing a proposal for the world assembly. I remember thourougly reading the rules that the WA hyperlinked to me and I thought I had it figured out. I submitted a proposal to repeal child labor and it was voted illegal by gensec immediately. I looked back at the rules and couldn’t find the rules they were referencing anywhere. If anyone knows where these extra rules are...PLEASE GIVE THEM TO ME!

Draft on the forums before submitting proposals.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Zex Mafia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zex Mafia » Mon May 13, 2019 9:16 am

The New California Republic wrote:Draft on the forums before submitting proposals.

Thank you! I was wondering where I could find the specific rules that gensec typically references.

The New Nordic Union
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The New Nordic Union » Mon May 13, 2019 9:34 am

Well, these are the only rules GenSec follows. What rule was referenced that does not show up there?
Permanent Representative of the Nordic Union to the World Assembly: Katrin við Keldu

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon May 13, 2019 10:09 am

The New Nordic Union wrote:Well, these are the only rules GenSec follows. What rule was referenced that does not show up there?

I'm guessing they looked up at the site rules rather than the proposal rules.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Zex Mafia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zex Mafia » Mon May 13, 2019 10:14 am

The New Nordic Union wrote:Well, these are the only rules GenSec follows. What rule was referenced that does not show up there?

Well commonly they reference 4a or b2 rules that I don’t know if they’re referencing anything specific or if it’s just a name given to the already listed rules.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon May 13, 2019 10:19 am

Zex Mafia wrote:Well commonly they reference 4a or b2 rules that I don’t know if they’re referencing anything specific or if it’s just a name given to the already listed rules.

If your proposal has a clause 4 subclause a, then they're referring to that while saying it violates some rule. Or they're mentioning an existing resolution by name and referring to that resolution's clause 4 subclause a, as something that your proposal (most likely) contradicts. There are over three hundred extant resolutions, which is why newbies are encouraged to post their drafts here, as more pairs of eyes looking for illegalities helps you avoid rules violations.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Zex Mafia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zex Mafia » Mon May 13, 2019 10:21 am

Araraukar wrote:If your proposal has a clause 4 subclause a, then they're referring to that while saying it violates some rule. Or they're mentioning an existing resolution by name and referring to that resolution's clause 4 subclause a, as something that your proposal (most likely) contradicts. There are over three hundred extant resolutions, which is why newbies are encouraged to post their drafts here, as more pairs of eyes looking for illegalities helps you avoid rules violations.

So them saying 4a is actually just them mentioning where a rule has been broken? Like the 4th paragraph in the 1st subclause.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon May 13, 2019 10:23 am

Zex Mafia wrote:

Well commonly they reference 4a or b2 rules that I don’t know if they’re referencing anything specific or if it’s just a name given to the already listed rules.

That looks more like the Security Council (and the Mods) than the General Assembly (and GenSec), to me.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The New Nordic Union
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The New Nordic Union » Mon May 13, 2019 10:24 am

Zex Mafia wrote:
Araraukar wrote:If your proposal has a clause 4 subclause a, then they're referring to that while saying it violates some rule. Or they're mentioning an existing resolution by name and referring to that resolution's clause 4 subclause a, as something that your proposal (most likely) contradicts. There are over three hundred extant resolutions, which is why newbies are encouraged to post their drafts here, as more pairs of eyes looking for illegalities helps you avoid rules violations.

So them saying 4a is actually just them mentioning where a rule has been broken? Like the 4th paragraph in the 1st subclause.

Yes, if it is numbered that way. Referring to rules by numbers is a Security Council thing.
Permanent Representative of the Nordic Union to the World Assembly: Katrin við Keldu

Zex Mafia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zex Mafia » Mon May 13, 2019 10:26 am

The New Nordic Union wrote:
Zex Mafia wrote:So them saying 4a is actually just them mentioning where a rule has been broken? Like the 4th paragraph in the 1st subclause.

Yes, if it is numbered that way. Referring to rules by numbers is a Security Council thing.

Ok, that makes a lot more sense. Thank you everyone! Including the two gensecs who showed up.
Last edited by Zex Mafia on Sat May 18, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon May 13, 2019 11:29 am

Here are the SC rules: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8809

Here they are with more detail: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=79106
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council