NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMIT] Repeal: Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:03 pm

How many SC proposals about CCD do we really need?
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:21 pm

Far too many, one should have been enough
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Heraswed
Attaché

Founded: Aug 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraswed » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:53 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:This is not the GA, this is the SC. Very separate bodies.

That was the GA specifying the 'Rights and Duties of WA states'
The WA is an overarching body, therefore the rights, even if set out within a GA resolution still apply throughout the organisation.
A former mercantile, seafaring nation with a strong and active monarch atop a bicameral parliamentary system headed by a Prime Minister elected every 5 years.

Socially Conservative, Economically Left-of-centre,

The WA Department of the Office of Overseas affairs of the Coastal Empire of Heraswed.
Robert McChaplain Ambassador to the WA

Heraswed
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraswed » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:08 pm

Bedetopia wrote:
Heraswed wrote:
Previously, the laws governing the Confederation restricted rulers from aligning with leftist ideology. However, more recently Imperial Law was relaxed and only encourages right-wing ideologies. It's really just a pro-authoritarian haven now.

As for communist/fascist cohabitation, they don't need to hate each other, and often nationalist movements have evolved into communist groups so the two are closer than you'd think. Economic policy is also similar, however Mussolini stated that Fascist economic policy should be flexible and not plagued by ideological commitments which opposes Communist policy.

Interesting. Although I think that while it makes sense in theory, in practice they are divided.

Maybe you should alter your third clause to point out it's any kind of authoritarianism, because when people see centrism or conservatism they're more likely to think democracy or republic.

To be honest, the point was that the same descriptor applies to both dictatorial/authoritarian governments and democratic governments, I was trying to maybe give them a middle ground.
A former mercantile, seafaring nation with a strong and active monarch atop a bicameral parliamentary system headed by a Prime Minister elected every 5 years.

The WA Department of the Office of Overseas affairs of the Coastal Empire of Heraswed.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:20 pm

Heraswed wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:This is not the GA, this is the SC. Very separate bodies.

That was the GA specifying the 'Rights and Duties of WA states'
The WA is an overarching body, therefore the rights, even if set out within a GA resolution still apply throughout the organisation.

False. The GA is largely an IC roleplay body, while the SC is largely an OOC Gameplay affiliated body. The only thing they really share is a voting mechanism.

Heraswed
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraswed » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Heraswed wrote:That was the GA specifying the 'Rights and Duties of WA states'

False. The GA is largely an IC roleplay body, while the SC is largely an OOC Gameplay affiliated body. The only thing they really share is a voting mechanism.

I'm not sure I understand, you're telling me that the SC is not in character? The point is that they're both organs under the World Assembly, and you're dealing with WA nations, therefore their rights apply.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:26 pm

Heraswed wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:False. The GA is largely an IC roleplay body, while the SC is largely an OOC Gameplay affiliated body. The only thing they really share is a voting mechanism.

I'm not sure I understand, you're telling me that the SC is not in character? The point is that they're both organs under the World Assembly, and you're dealing with WA nations, therefore their rights apply.

I'm telling you that two are very separate bodies only related from sharing the name WA and a voting mechanism. In terms of everything else they are very very different.

Heraswed
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraswed » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Heraswed wrote:The 'further noting' clause acknowledges the presence of fascism within the confederation. What I was arguing was that this doesn't mean that the confederation is fascist itself.

I wasn't saying you were, I was addressing that claims of them being fascist being attempted to be re-directed is a moot thing when you yourself write that fascism is an ideology that should be protected. Most other people have argued that it shouldn't and that CCD is and/or harbours such. Ergo, a valid thread topic.

When did I say that fascism should be protected? Let me be clear, I am opposing SC#263 because I feel that it, as a resolution, is an unjustified and poor attempt to condemn a region you don't agree with for no other reason than their ideology. If you want to condemn it, condemn it, doing otherwise is pointless and cowardly.
Lord Dominator wrote:

That's all well and good, but the only thing that will change the fact that the SC has legislated that it can't use ideology as the sole reasoning for a resolution is it legislating the opposite.

Sure it can, we don't have rules against resolutions contradicting each other here.

That makes no sense whatsoever, presently, neither would have any mechanical effect. And in order for the liberation to be at all useful, Jocospor would have to leave the site, whilst passing to delegacy to another nation and the Confederation would have to greatly shrink. These alone are unlikely to take place. So, you can either have a noticeable, clear and obvious sign that the region in question is disapproved of by the World at large, or you can have a badge which might as well read 'non-threatening' with a mechanical effect that has an extremely low probability of ever being useful.

False, it already has and will have greater mechanical effect once Jocospor is gone, namely removing the ability of the delegate to password the region. After that, well we Gameplayers will go to work and I can assure you that it doesn't matter how big it is.

Even so, I've already explained the unlikeliness of that circumstance, and as a poll in the CCD found, in the case of the fall of the Confederation, most would simply wait for the region to be re-founded under another Supreme Council member.
Lord Dominator wrote:Let me rephrase that, it meets the definition of a liberation resolution but has no purpose, as long as the liberation in not affecting the confederation it is purposeless and therefore, should not exist, or even have been passed.

It is not purposeless, just as any Liberation on a foundered region is not purposeless.
And why won't it pass?

Because the major delegates won't vote For it (in any significant capacity)?

And why won't they vote for it, is it because you're all too sanctimonious, or because the mere existence of the CCD is offensive to you?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Heraswed wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:I wasn't saying you were, I was addressing that claims of them being fascist being attempted to be re-directed is a moot thing when you yourself write that fascism is an ideology that should be protected. Most other people have argued that it shouldn't and that CCD is and/or harbours such. Ergo, a valid thread topic.

When did I say that fascism should be protected? Let me be clear, I am opposing SC#263 because I feel that it, as a resolution, is an unjustified and poor attempt to condemn a region you don't agree with for no other reason than their ideology. If you want to condemn it, condemn it, doing otherwise is pointless and cowardly.

Ah, the protection thing is actually my bad, misread a bit of that sentence.
Lord Dominator wrote:
Sure it can, we don't have rules against resolutions contradicting each other here.

False, it already has and will have greater mechanical effect once Jocospor is gone, namely removing the ability of the delegate to password the region. After that, well we Gameplayers will go to work and I can assure you that it doesn't matter how big it is.

Even so, I've already explained the unlikeliness of that circumstance, and as a poll in the CCD found, in the case of the fall of the Confederation, most would simply wait for the region to be re-founded under another Supreme Council member.

That's nice
Lord Dominator wrote:Let me rephrase that, it meets the definition of a liberation resolution but has no purpose, as long as the liberation in not affecting the confederation it is purposeless and therefore, should not exist, or even have been passed.

It is not purposeless, just as any Liberation on a foundered region is not purposeless.
And why won't it pass?

Because the major delegates won't vote For it (in any significant capacity)?

And why won't they vote for it, is it because you're all too sanctimonious, or because the mere existence of the CCD is offensive to you?[/quote][/quote]
Because they voted For the original, and you haven't presented any new evidence or arguments to justify removing it?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:47 pm

I do also see you submitted this, that's nice

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:18 pm

Heraswed, you do not seem to comprehend the reasons why the Liberation passed in the first place. The CoCD proposed a Commendation of its own region, and an operating clause in that Commendation noted the region's strong fascism as something it should be commended for. The Security Council disagreed so sharply, that the Liberation proposal came and passed shortly after.

They told the world they were fascists and asked for a badge. We sent them home with another one, one they didn't want.

Now that you surely have the proper context, maybe now you can engage with us better.

(Additionally, the General Assembly and Security Council are separate entities. Resolutions in the Security Council are not beholden to the language of previous SC resolutions.)
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Doing it Rightland
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Doing it Rightland » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Yokiria wrote:They told the world they were fascists and asked for a badge. We sent them home with another one, one they didn't want.

You are aware that the whole reason the target is a liberation and not a condemnation was to avoid giving the CCD a badge, right? Condemnations are regularly seen as badges too (example: TBH). The SC wanted to condemn the CCD but wanted to deny them the prestige of having a condemnation. They settled on a liberation which literally did nothing, considering there's no password and the founder is an exec (and probably not going anywhere anytime soon).
Just a nation trying to right the wrongs it can.

"Do kayokem anmodo kemode arboyem, y mi — mi ansido na."
-Rightlandian Proverb

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Yes, just like you can't hide behind "IC" when role-playing an anarchist, or a communist, or an evil wizard, right?

None of these groups killed over 10 million people

OOC: Mao Zedong was responsible for the death of perhaps up to 45 million people, Stalin perhaps 20. Should I start on South America? At least now we can all immediately discount your comments; you've no idea what you're talking about.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Yokiria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Doing it Rightland wrote:
Yokiria wrote:They told the world they were fascists and asked for a badge. We sent them home with another one, one they didn't want.

You are aware that the whole reason the target is a liberation and not a condemnation was to avoid giving the CCD a badge, right?

I believe you mistook my wordplay for ignorance.

Jocospor wrote:At least now we can all immediately discount your comments; you've no idea what you're talking about.

Pot, kettle.
~ And if you go,

I want to go with you,
and if you die...

I want to die with you.~

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:04 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Yes, just like you can't hide behind "IC" when role-playing an anarchist, or a communist, or an evil wizard, right?

*distant laughter*
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Doing it Rightland
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Doing it Rightland » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Yokiria wrote:I believe you mistook my wordplay for ignorance.

I mean, I sorta see the wordplay. Nevertheless, it's nice to hear that it's not ignorance, just the fact that I can't analyze the English language.
Just a nation trying to right the wrongs it can.

"Do kayokem anmodo kemode arboyem, y mi — mi ansido na."
-Rightlandian Proverb

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:37 pm

Yokiria wrote:
Doing it Rightland wrote:You are aware that the whole reason the target is a liberation and not a condemnation was to avoid giving the CCD a badge, right?

Jocospor wrote:At least now we can all immediately discount your comments; you've no idea what you're talking about.

Pot, kettle.

I think on the subject of CCD and whether or not they are fascists, he probably knows more than either of us. And Blood Wine's comment was nonsensical.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:32 am

As always, death count olympics remains a pretty shite way to legitimize fascism.

Liberalism doesn't require the slaughter of millions of natives, the rape of the congo or operation Condor, any more than communism requires holodomor, subjugation of neighbouring states or purges. The fact that atrocities were committed in the names of other ideologies misses the point. Nazism absolutely requires the subjgation of what it sees as lesser peoples and races, and will always result in disenfrancisement and genocide.

That's what seperates fascism from other ideologies. When they do a mass murder it's the ideology working pretty much as intended, not an abberation.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Heraswed
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraswed » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:48 am

Lord Dominator wrote:I do also see you submitted this, that's nice

Sorry, that was a different nation, Hallor.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:56 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Yokiria wrote:

Pot, kettle.

I think on the subject of CCD and whether or not they are fascists, he probably knows more than either of us. And Blood Wine's comment was nonsensical.

The fact that the CCD is proudly supporting a vassal state called the United Fascist Federation, as well as having diplomatic relations with a GAMEPLAYER nazi region, also trying to commend themselves for being fascist really says a lot. Jocospor may not be a fascist, he might be a nice guy, albeit edgy, but he is supporting abhorrent ideologies, and that fact is not going to change if ShrewLlamaLand carries on allowing fascism
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Yokiria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:34 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I think on the subject of CCD and whether or not they are fascists, he probably knows more than either of us.

Anything we could gain from Jocospor's greater knowledge about the subject is nullified by the fact he has no credibility what-so-ever.
~ And if you go,

I want to go with you,
and if you die...

I want to die with you.~

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:13 am

Yokiria wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I think on the subject of CCD and whether or not they are fascists, he probably knows more than either of us.

Anything we could gain from Jocospor's greater knowledge about the subject is nullified by the fact he has no credibility what-so-ever.

OOC: No credibility? Golly, and I didn't even claim that communism never killed more than ten million. How 'bout that?! Look, if you're so curious, send a puppet nation to the Confederation and see for yourself. I'm sure what you find will cause you extreme embarrassment. (Actually...that might be an...interesting initiative...welcome to the "Jocospor has an Idea!" show...)

Oh, and @Caracasus - confirming you saw my earlier post.

Jocospor wrote:OOC: I just saw this thread now and I feel like your comment is the only one worth responding to as of now. My government and I are still discussing the advice that was offered. Rome wasn't built in a day, and this decision isn't an easy one for us to make, though it might be for you. We are still conducting our own investigations into the accusations aforementioned concerning select regions and are yet unable to ascertain legitimacy on a variety of circumstances. As far as I am aware, Shrewllamaland, though a valued, integral part of our operation, is not actually the leader of the Confederation, as been suggested several times. If he wishes to challenge me for the position he's more than welcome to but, since it would be a futile act, I'm sure he won't (much to your disappointment, I can see).
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:41 am

Jocospor wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:

OOC: Mao Zedong was responsible for the death of perhaps up to 45 million people, Stalin perhaps 20. Should I start on South America? At least now we can all immediately discount your comments; you've no idea what you're talking about.

>anarchists
>communists
>evil wizard

not:
Stalinist
chinese communists

but sure, strawman me to justify roleplaying as nazi's
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Yokiria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:42 am

Jocospor wrote:OOC: No credibility? Golly, and I didn't even claim that communism never killed more than ten million. How 'bout that?!

Not only is that irrelevant, as I did not make that claim either, but it is also a deflection without a denial.

Jocospor wrote:Look, if you're so curious, send a puppet nation to the Confederation and see for yourself.

No. I am not a masochist.
~ And if you go,

I want to go with you,
and if you die...

I want to die with you.~

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:21 am

I see CCD has reached the point where they're now so not-Nazi they're using all the usual "Why are Nazis bad" talking points that Nazis use.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council