NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMIT] Repeal: Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:01 am

I'm quite surprised by the wide variety of ideologies mentioned. Isn't it paradoxical to have communists cohabitate with fascists? I thought they hated each other.

Aside from that, the other parts seem good.

Heraswed
Attaché

Founded: Aug 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraswed » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:20 am

Bedetopia wrote:I'm quite surprised by the wide variety of ideologies mentioned. Isn't it paradoxical to have communists cohabitate with fascists? I thought they hated each other.

Previously, the laws governing the Confederation restricted rulers from aligning with leftist ideology. However, more recently Imperial Law was relaxed and only encourages right-wing ideologies. It's really just a pro-authoritarian haven now.

As for communist/fascist cohabitation, they don't need to hate each other, and often nationalist movements have evolved into communist groups so the two are closer than you'd think. Economic policy is also similar, however Mussolini stated that Fascist economic policy should be flexible and not plagued by ideological commitments which opposes Communist policy.
Last edited by Heraswed on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
A former mercantile, seafaring nation with a strong and active monarch atop a bicameral parliamentary system headed by a Prime Minister elected every 5 years.

Socially Conservative, Economically Left-of-centre,

The WA Department of the Office of Overseas affairs of the Coastal Empire of Heraswed.
Robert McChaplain Ambassador to the WA

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:14 am

You're saying now that communism is almost equal to fascism? Yikes.

Anyways, I think we shouldn't repeal this. Soon, the region will decline and it'll be stuck with about 20 nations, much easier to raid. I think for now, it should be kept there. I think its stupid to liberate foundered regions, but if we repeal them it'll tell the edgy kids that they 'have won against the WA elite' or something.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:18 am

Blood Wine wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:The telegram you're talking about was an IC one from his leader, it even had a leader name at the bottom.

You cannot hide behind that idiotic excuse of "IC" when supporting nazism

Well, if something is IC, and you for some reason refuse to accept that, I'm unsure how to convince you otherwise. I think if it was OOC, and it came from him, it would have OOC at the top, given he feels the need to clarify IC/OOC status in moderation posts and telegrams about discord.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:34 am

'To the Community of CAIN United,

Our apologies for radio silence. The Imperial Empire has only just returned to NationStates after a foreseen leave of absence.

The Confederation respects your region's goals and commends you for your continuing mission.

Nonetheless, the Confederation does not share in your dislike of Nazis. We are strong supporters of fascism and find that Nazi ideologies are of benefit to both our government and the wider world.

The Confederation will not be bullied into believing otherwise and politely invites you to cease your hollow threats.

Sincerely,

Viceroy's Office
on behalf of
WALTER MEMMON
VICEROY OF THE CONFEDERATION'

I don't think that is In-Character
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:38 am

Heraswed wrote:
Bedetopia wrote:I'm quite surprised by the wide variety of ideologies mentioned. Isn't it paradoxical to have communists cohabitate with fascists? I thought they hated each other.

Previously, the laws governing the Confederation restricted rulers from aligning with leftist ideology. However, more recently Imperial Law was relaxed and only encourages right-wing ideologies. It's really just a pro-authoritarian haven now.

As for communist/fascist cohabitation, they don't need to hate each other, and often nationalist movements have evolved into communist groups so the two are closer than you'd think. Economic policy is also similar, however Mussolini stated that Fascist economic policy should be flexible and not plagued by ideological commitments which opposes Communist policy.

Interesting. Although I think that while it makes sense in theory, in practice they are divided.

Maybe you should alter your third clause to point out it's any kind of authoritarianism, because when people see centrism or conservatism they're more likely to think democracy or republic.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:47 am

Kuriko deleting her post
:thonk:

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:57 am

Honeydewistania wrote:'To the Community of CAIN United,

Our apologies for radio silence. The Imperial Empire has only just returned to NationStates after a foreseen leave of absence.

The Confederation respects your region's goals and commends you for your continuing mission.

Nonetheless, the Confederation does not share in your dislike of Nazis. We are strong supporters of fascism and find that Nazi ideologies are of benefit to both our government and the wider world.

The Confederation will not be bullied into believing otherwise and politely invites you to cease your hollow threats.

Sincerely,

Viceroy's Office
on behalf of
WALTER MEMMON

How can that be seen as out of character?
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:07 am

Caracasus wrote:Very recently Jocospur opened a thread in moderation regarding their region being called nazis and fascistd. They were given some advice as to how to avoid that. Cheifly to close embassies with fascist regions and provide better disclaimers regarding their actual stance on fascism. As far as I am aware they haven't. While Jocospur seemed willing to work with others, unfortunately Shrewlama vetoed the idea. Apart from an insight into who actually runs CoCD, the discussion was fruitless.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=458438

As far as I am concerned I am very much against this. If anything the very venement rejection of perfectly reasonable solutions made in good faith kind of leads me to believe that there is a pretty strong fascist contingent in CoCD.

OOC: I just saw this thread now and I feel like your comment is the only one worth responding to as of now. My government and I are still discussing the advice that was offered. Rome wasn't built in a day, and this decision isn't an easy one for us to make, though it might be for you. We are still conducting our own investigations into the accusations aforementioned concerning select regions and are yet unable to ascertain legitimacy on a variety of circumstances. As far as I am aware, Shrewllamaland, though a valued, integral part of our operation, is not actually the leader of the Confederation, as been suggested several times. If he wishes to challenge me for the position he's more than welcome to but, since it would be a futile act, I'm sure he won't (much to your disappointment, I can see).
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:09 am

Jocospor wrote:
Caracasus wrote:Very recently Jocospur opened a thread in moderation regarding their region being called nazis and fascistd. They were given some advice as to how to avoid that. Cheifly to close embassies with fascist regions and provide better disclaimers regarding their actual stance on fascism. As far as I am aware they haven't. While Jocospur seemed willing to work with others, unfortunately Shrewlama vetoed the idea. Apart from an insight into who actually runs CoCD, the discussion was fruitless.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=458438

As far as I am concerned I am very much against this. If anything the very venement rejection of perfectly reasonable solutions made in good faith kind of leads me to believe that there is a pretty strong fascist contingent in CoCD.

OOC: I just saw this thread now and I feel like your comment is the only one worth responding to as of now. My government and I are still discussing the advice that was offered. Rome wasn't built in a day, and this decision isn't an easy one for us to make, though it might be for you. We are still conducting our own investigations into the accusations aforementioned concerning select regions and are yet unable to ascertain legitimacy on a variety of circumstances. As far as I am aware, Shrewllamaland, though a valued, integral part of our operation, is not actually the leader of the Confederation, as been suggested several times. If he wishes to challenge me for the position he's more than welcome to but, since it would be a futile act, I'm sure he won't (much to your disappointment, I can see).

I'm willing to provide proof of the accusations against NE.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:14 am

Blood Wine wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:The telegram you're talking about was an IC one from his leader, it even had a leader name at the bottom.

Yes, just like you can't hide behind "IC" when role-playing an anarchist, or a communist, or an evil wizard, right?

Jocospor wrote:As far as I am aware, Shrewllamaland, though a valued, integral part of our operation, is not actually the leader of the Confederation, as been suggested several times. If he wishes to challenge me for the position he's more than welcome to but, since it would be a futile act, I'm sure he won't (much to your disappointment, I can see).

Well, actually, I may just do that. When are our next elections scheduled?

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I'm willing to provide proof of the accusations against NE.

Please do pass it on.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

Heraswed
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraswed » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:18 am

Honeydewistania wrote:'To the Community of CAIN United,

Sincerely,

Viceroy's Office
on behalf of
WALTER MEMMON

Given that the speaker was self-referential in the third person, the signature was that of the Viceroy of the Confederation (a fictional person) and it was not marked as out-of character (given Jocospor's aforementioned stringency when it comes to differentiation between in character and out-of character speech) I think it can be taken that this is in character.
A former mercantile, seafaring nation with a strong and active monarch atop a bicameral parliamentary system headed by a Prime Minister elected every 5 years.

The WA Department of the Office of Overseas affairs of the Coastal Empire of Heraswed.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:18 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Jocospor wrote:As far as I am aware, Shrewllamaland, though a valued, integral part of our operation, is not actually the leader of the Confederation, as been suggested several times. If he wishes to challenge me for the position he's more than welcome to but, since it would be a futile act, I'm sure he won't (much to your disappointment, I can see).

*knock knock* Come with us, Chancellor, and keep that constitutional rewrite where we can see it.
Last edited by Jocospor on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:23 am

Heraswed wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:You're the one who wrote it in your draft amigo.

Where?

The further noting clause
Lord Dominator wrote:
Sure it is, and we've done it before.

But, I've here a piece of SC legislation which explicitly states that the SC believes it is not their place to dictate what ideologies are acceptable, unless you can produce such a piece of legislation which states the opposite, I'm sticking with SC#38.

At least one of Nazi Europe's condemns, all three of the present offensive liberations (KR, NE, and CCD), probably some others, we have a couple commends that cite promotion of a gameplay ideology (and one condemn for promoting a different one), and literally every R/D C&C is a Gameplay ideology related.
Lord Dominator wrote:
Liberations merely require a clause and justification, writing it like a Condemnation was intentional

Condemnation has no mechanical effect

Well firstly, the issue I take is that the only justification you've used is your claim that the CCD is fascist. And I'd remind you that your liberation has likewise had no mechanical effect and wouldn't even serve the purpose you intended for it, since a person would have to read the resolution in order to understand why the badge exists on the CCD page. This renders the purpose of the resolution 'to warn both Confederation of Corrupt Dictators and future regions from promoting fascism, other such ideologies, and blatant use of this Assembly as recruitment and ego-boosting; unknown to most people. Whereas a Condemnation may have given nations an inkling of what was going on without having to have read the resolution.

Aside from the fact that I don't expect people ever read any of the badges after they're passed, a Liberations present non-effect is still more than the effect than a Condemnation can ever have.
Lord Dominator wrote:

This is not a normal liberation, complaints that it isn't are rather moot

This is not a complaint that it's not a normal liberation, the complaint is that it doesn't meet the definition of a liberation resolution. And furthermore, there is a no mechanical effect to the liberation.

It meets the definition of a Liberation resolution, that is it prohibits the regional delegate from imposing a regional password (which, while presently a useless effect is still an effect).
Lord Dominator wrote:
I assume that saying this draft is a silly idea that won't pass doesn't count?

Why is it a 'silly idea'? My definition of a silly idea is proposing an ineffectual liberation which doesn't even meet the definition of a liberation before attempting to keep down a proposal to repeal it through complaints which are as asinine as they are inane.

How about a repeal that won't ever pass? I'd certainly call that a silly idea.
Last edited by Lord Dominator on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:55 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:

Yes, just like you can't hide behind "IC" when role-playing an anarchist, or a communist, or an evil wizard, right?

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I'm willing to provide proof of the accusations against NE.

Please do pass it on.

If you'd like to send me an email address I can send that to, sure. It's quite large and I only have it as an email, but it can obviously be a throwaway email.

Kuriko
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kuriko » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:03 am

Honeydewistania wrote:Kuriko deleting her post
:thonk:

I have yet to make a post in this thread, so I have no idea why you're saying this. My post earlier today was in the SC questions and answers thread.
WA Secretary-General
TITO Tactical Officer of the 10000 Islands
Registrar-General and Chief of Staff of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:

None of these groups killed over 10 million people
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Heraswed
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraswed » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:24 am

Blood Wine wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Yes, just like you can't hide behind "IC" when role-playing an anarchist, or a communist, or an evil wizard, right?

Stalin's Russia is estimated to killed people ranging from 9-20 million. Whereas evil wizards have frequently destroyed whole worlds, the populations of which is likely far in excess of ten million.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:28 am

Only three pages to regress to whataboutism, that's cool

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:32 am

Blood Wine wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Yes, just like you can't hide behind "IC" when role-playing an anarchist, or a communist, or an evil wizard, right?

Communists didn't kill over 10 million people?
You can use IC when rping any group, quite a lot of people rp Nazis outside of gameplay very successfully.

Heraswed
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraswed » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:50 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Heraswed wrote:Where?

The 'further noting' clause acknowledges the presence of fascism within the confederation. What I was arguing was that this doesn't mean that the confederation is fascist itself.
Lord Dominator wrote:
Sure it is, and we've done it before.

But, I've here a piece of SC legislation which explicitly states that the SC believes it is not their place to dictate what ideologies are acceptable, unless you can produce such a piece of legislation which states the opposite, I'm sticking with SC#38.

Lord Dominator wrote:At least one of Nazi Europe's condemns, all three of the present offensive liberations (KR, NE, and CCD), probably some others, we have a couple commends that cite promotion of a gameplay ideology (and one condemn for promoting a different one), and literally every R/D C&C is a Gameplay ideology related.

That's all well and good, but the only thing that will change the fact that the SC has legislated that it can't use ideology as the sole reasoning for a resolution is it legislating the opposite.
Lord Dominator wrote:
Liberations merely require a clause and justification, writing it like a Condemnation was intentional

Condemnation has no mechanical effect

Well firstly, the issue I take is that the only justification you've used is your claim that the CCD is fascist. And I'd remind you that your liberation has likewise had no mechanical effect and wouldn't even serve the purpose you intended for it, since a person would have to read the resolution in order to understand why the badge exists on the CCD page. This renders the purpose of the resolution 'to warn both Confederation of Corrupt Dictators and future regions from promoting fascism, other such ideologies, and blatant use of this Assembly as recruitment and ego-boosting; unknown to most people. Whereas a Condemnation may have given nations an inkling of what was going on without having to have read the resolution.

Lord Dominator wrote:Aside from the fact that I don't expect people ever read any of the badges after they're passed, a Liberations present non-effect is still more than the effect than a Condemnation can ever have.

That makes no sense whatsoever, presently, neither would have any mechanical effect. And in order for the liberation to be at all useful, Jocospor would have to leave the site, whilst passing to delegacy to another nation and the Confederation would have to greatly shrink. These alone are unlikely to take place. So, you can either have a noticeable, clear and obvious sign that the region in question is disapproved of by the World at large, or you can have a badge which might as well read 'non-threatening' with a mechanical effect that has an extremely low probability of ever being useful.
Lord Dominator wrote:
This is not a normal liberation, complaints that it isn't are rather moot

This is not a complaint that it's not a normal liberation, the complaint is that it doesn't meet the definition of a liberation resolution. And furthermore, there is a no mechanical effect to the liberation.

Lord Dominator wrote:It meets the definition of a Liberation resolution, that is it prohibits the regional delegate from imposing a regional password (which, while presently a useless effect is still an effect).

Let me rephrase that, it meets the definition of a liberation resolution but has no purpose, as long as the liberation in not affecting the confederation it is purposeless and therefore, should not exist, or even have been passed.
Lord Dominator wrote:
How about a repeal that won't ever pass? I'd certainly call that a silly idea.

And why won't it pass?

Heraswed
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraswed » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:01 pm

For those who believe that the WA has the right to dictate what ideologies are acceptable. GA#2 'The Rights and Duties of WA states'
'Section I:

The Principle of National Sovereignty:

Article 1 § Every WA Member State has the right to independence and hence to exercise freely, without dictation by any other NationState, all its legal powers, including the choice of its own form of government.'

The very idea is in violation of the above.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:07 pm

This is not the GA, this is the SC. Very separate bodies.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Heraswed wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:

The 'further noting' clause acknowledges the presence of fascism within the confederation. What I was arguing was that this doesn't mean that the confederation is fascist itself.

I wasn't saying you were, I was addressing that claims of them being fascist being attempted to be re-directed is a moot thing when you yourself write that fascism is an ideology that should be protected. Most other people have argued that it shouldn't and that CCD is and/or harbours such. Ergo, a valid thread topic.

Lord Dominator wrote:At least one of Nazi Europe's condemns, all three of the present offensive liberations (KR, NE, and CCD), probably some others, we have a couple commends that cite promotion of a gameplay ideology (and one condemn for promoting a different one), and literally every R/D C&C is a Gameplay ideology related.

That's all well and good, but the only thing that will change the fact that the SC has legislated that it can't use ideology as the sole reasoning for a resolution is it legislating the opposite.

Sure it can, we don't have rules against resolutions contradicting each other here.

Lord Dominator wrote:Aside from the fact that I don't expect people ever read any of the badges after they're passed, a Liberations present non-effect is still more than the effect than a Condemnation can ever have.

That makes no sense whatsoever, presently, neither would have any mechanical effect. And in order for the liberation to be at all useful, Jocospor would have to leave the site, whilst passing to delegacy to another nation and the Confederation would have to greatly shrink. These alone are unlikely to take place. So, you can either have a noticeable, clear and obvious sign that the region in question is disapproved of by the World at large, or you can have a badge which might as well read 'non-threatening' with a mechanical effect that has an extremely low probability of ever being useful.

False, it already has and will have greater mechanical effect once Jocospor is gone, namely removing the ability of the delegate to password the region. After that, well we Gameplayers will go to work and I can assure you that it doesn't matter how big it is.

Lord Dominator wrote:It meets the definition of a Liberation resolution, that is it prohibits the regional delegate from imposing a regional password (which, while presently a useless effect is still an effect).

Let me rephrase that, it meets the definition of a liberation resolution but has no purpose, as long as the liberation in not affecting the confederation it is purposeless and therefore, should not exist, or even have been passed.

It is not purposeless, just as any Liberation on a foundered region is not purposeless.
Lord Dominator wrote:

And why won't it pass?

Because the major delegates won't vote For it (in any significant capacity)?

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Only three pages to regress to whataboutism, that's cool

It never takes long.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council