NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal "Liberate Politics Amino"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lord Dominator
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:37 pm

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:I have made an attempted edit to split the clause so I can preserve my pretentious reference. If it's still fairly clunky I can remove it :)

Reads better now I think. I know what you mean though - I have often re-written paragraphs in reports solely to retain a particular bon mot. :)

Good to hear, thanks for the earlier critique
Osiris Vizier of WA AffairsDee Vytherov-SkollvaldrGameplay Ambassador of ForestLieutenant in The Black HawksRecruitment and Outreach Director of Lazarus

New Bremerton
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Bremerton » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:24 pm

First, they refound an occupied region right before the liberation proposal (which I and countless others voted for) passes, and now they want to repeal the very proposal that was intended to thwart them in the first place? This is double-gloating if you ask me. Very strongly AGAINST.
The Holy Republic of New Bremerton
Region: The North Pacific
General Assembly: IC
Security Council: OOC

"Liberi Fatali"

This nation does not use NSStats.

Lord Dominator
Senator

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:48 pm

New Bremerton wrote:First, they refound an occupied region right before the liberation proposal (which I and countless others voted for) passes,

Not entirely sure why this would surprise you, given that a refound was evidently a stated goal from the beginning, nor why the Liberation passing matters in that regard.
and now they want to repeal the very proposal that was intended to thwart them in the first place?

There is no 'they' in the creation of the draft/proposal, only an 'I'

Edit: Regarding the gloating, this is nowhere near what I'd consider gloating given that it (like the Liberation itself) doesn't even name the raiding organizations involved.
Last edited by Lord Dominator on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Osiris Vizier of WA AffairsDee Vytherov-SkollvaldrGameplay Ambassador of ForestLieutenant in The Black HawksRecruitment and Outreach Director of Lazarus

Kostrorleauny
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 10, 2018
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Kostrorleauny » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:47 am

I don’t believe that we should be judging Security Council proposals based off of the author proposing them. Now, there are some exceptions to this of course, but it’s a personal preference of mine that I look at the actual contents of a resolution and decide on that basis.

That being said, yes: LD is a Lieutenant of the Black Hawks; obviously. But here, I think that’s irrelevant when the proposed draft doesn’t even mention the name of any invader organization. This is hardly gloating, and while the passage of the initial proposal to liberate the region ended up proving to be a waste of time due to a refound, this draft is opportune in correcting that.

On a personal account, support. I do not represent Pacifica, as it is to my understanding we wish to be neutral on all things concerning the target region.
The Crimson Commune: An Overview (IC)
Aspiring RolePlayer of Greater Dienstad
Protege of The Macabees
Kostrorleauny#7543 on Discord
Perfectly Pessimistic, a Cynical
NPO Delenda Est

Secretary of World Assembly Affairs (Pacifica)
Assistant Minister of Community Affairs in RolePlay (Pacifica)
Proud Author of SCR#274
Member of the Pacifica External Affairs Committee

Bhang Bhang Duc
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:56 am

Kostrorleauny wrote:I don’t believe that we should be judging Security Council proposals based off of the author proposing them. Now, there are some exceptions to this of course......

Agreed, but as you say there are always exceptions. However, this is not one of them.

Kostrorleauny wrote:That being said, yes: LD is a Lieutenant of the Black Hawks; obviously. But here, I think that’s irrelevant when the proposed draft doesn’t even mention the name of any invader organization. This is hardly gloating, and while the passage of the initial proposal to liberate the region ended up proving to be a waste of time due to a refound, this draft is opportune in correcting that.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Certainty do not see the proposed repeal as gloating. The liberation failed in its purpose, no point in leaving it on the books.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:22 pm

Kostrorleauny wrote:On a personal account, support. I do not represent Pacifica, as it is to my understanding we wish to be neutral on all things concerning the target region.

Just to clarify, we were initially neutral on the liberation resolution, but after Politics Amino had been refounded by the invading force we voted for the liberation resolution since it would no longer impact a military operation undertaken by our diplomatic partners. We have since clarified that we will oppose unjustified regional destruction in the future regardless of who is engaging in it, and I've clarified on our behalf that we will oppose repeal of the liberation resolution unless repeal is supported by the native Delegate. That is still the position of the Republic of Pacifica.

All of that said, it's fine for Kostrorleauny to have his own opinion on it and to vote accordingly when the time comes, so no worries there.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
President of the Republic of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

Join the only free, democratic, and non-authoritarian Pacifica in NationStates!

Lord Dominator
Senator

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Guess I should bump this given someone else having a draft
/shrug

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council