NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Paffnia

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5553
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Things to leave in 2018: Accusations of "badge hunting" against every single Security Council author who regularly contributes to the Security Council.


I'm imagining a kind of Indiana Jones character running around the Hallowed Jungles, dodging flaming arrows in search of the long lost Bible of Gruenberg.

"Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory."
Last edited by Unibot III on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL? // The Transpacific Trade
Paradise Found // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78 // The Polysemes of Nativeness;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2060
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Unibot III wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Things to leave in 2018: Accusations of "badge hunting" against every single Security Council author who regularly contributes to the Security Council.


I'm imagining a kind of Indiana Jones character running around the Hallowed Jungles, dodging flaming arrows in search of the long lost Bible of Gruenberg.

"Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory."

That's a good one. I've imagined it more like Elmer Fudd. "Be vewwy vewwy quiet, I'm hunting wadges."
Cormac Skollvaldr
Regional Councillor of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

Join the only free, democratic, and non-authoritarian Pacifica in NationStates!

User avatar
Jocospor
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 495
Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Jocospor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:50 am

Kuriko wrote:
Armaros wrote:Lmfao. Kuri isn't badgehunting, she just writes resolutions for things that she thinks warrant it. Stop being so salty towards everyone who ever disagreed with you (90% of NS). Doesn't help anyone.

Couldn't agree with this more. I'm not a badge hunter, I hate badge hunters which you should know from our many confrontations in this forum. I only write resolutions that I think are worthy to be voted upon, and this one most certainly is.


You'll understand if we have a hard time believing that, considering you've been directly or indirectly associated with four out of five of the most recent Security Council resolutions - unless you campaigned for Bach as well, we can't remember. Sometimes it pays to be prolific, sometimes it doesn't. And in the space of 20 days too - we're surprised if you haven't been asked, "Hey, what's the rush?"

Paffnia has made many valuable contributions to XKI over the years, but the sum of their inter-regional import is, we believe, less than satisfactory for a commendation. This objection has also been noted by others. It might be more fitting to immortalise Paffnia in XKI first before you set your sights on the world.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | OFFICE OF THE VICEROY | DELEGATE'S OFFICE
JOCOSPOR | FOREIGN AFFAIRS OFFICE


"Destroy democracy. End degeneracy. Love your Emperor. Thou shalt know no fear."
- Farland Macmillan, Grand High Direktor of the Empire, addressing the 3rd Imperial Cabinet

(All posts IC unless marked otherwise)

User avatar
Aclion
Minister
 
Posts: 3310
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aclion » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:40 am

Jocospor wrote:Paffnia has made many valuable contributions to XKI over the years, but the sum of their inter-regional import is, we believe, less than satisfactory for a commendation. This objection has also been noted by others. It might be more fitting to immortalise Paffnia in XKI first before you set your sights on the world.


Paffina has been involved in over 300 liberations of occupied regions, including Yggdrasil(One of the most well respected region in the game; a liberation for which they were awarded the Yggdrasil Medal of Honor) Greece(Which allowed them to begin rebuilding after years of occupation) Japan and Christmas (whose occupations i'm not familiar with but which have since gone on to develop a wonderful communities) and many more then I know enough to go into detail about, but i'll mention St Abbaddon, Middle Earth(thirteen times), The Rejected Realms(three times), The South Pacific, Lazarus, and Osiris(both twice)

Additionally Paffnia has been immortalized in XKI as you suggest. They've also been recognized by several of the regions they liberated. I've already mentioned their Medal of Honor for liberating Yggdrasil. but they've also been named a Friend of Yggdrasil and Freind of Texas.
In XKI they've been named Knight Legion Commander, awarded the 10000 Islands Distinguished Service Medal, Order of the Islands Medal, Commendation Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Heart of the Islands Medal, Steadfast Badge, Two Coast Watcher Eagles(awarded for spotting the invasions before they begin), and eleven Refound Pins (USA, The Skeleton Army, Beyond the Sea, Deutschland, Australia, Natan Region, Animal House, Austria Lib, Hogwarts, Greece, and United States Congress)

The argument that a player that has spent seven years prolifically defending and restoring hundreds of regions(some of which have gone on to be recognised for their contributions by this very body) has somehow not contributed outside their home region is fundamentally absurd. Which is why the only person who made the argument backed off of it once they got the facts.
Last edited by Aclion on Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
A free society rests on four boxes: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the ammo box.
XKI: Recruiter, TITO member
TEP: WA Executive Staff member
Forest: Cartographer
Oatland: Caesar, Cartographer

It is the citizen's duty to understand which box to use, and when.

User avatar
Drop Your Pants
Minister
 
Posts: 3434
Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:13 am

Aclion wrote:Paffina has been involved in over 300 liberations of occupied regions, including Yggdrasil(One of the most well respected region in the game; a liberation for which they were awarded the Yggdrasil Medal of Honor) Greece(Which allowed them to begin rebuilding after years of occupation) Japan and Christmas (whose occupations i'm not familiar with but which have since gone on to develop a wonderful communities) and many more then I know enough to go into detail about, but i'll mention St Abbaddon, Middle Earth(thirteen times), The Rejected Realms(three times), The South Pacific, Lazarus, and Osiris(both twice)

I've done most of that as well (My lib count is probably higher but GCR missions are lower). I'd i've hoped for a bigger number myself, 350 in seven years is fairly lacklustre.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama

User avatar
Aclion
Minister
 
Posts: 3310
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aclion » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:45 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Aclion wrote:Paffina has been involved in over 300 liberations of occupied regions, including Yggdrasil(One of the most well respected region in the game; a liberation for which they were awarded the Yggdrasil Medal of Honor) Greece(Which allowed them to begin rebuilding after years of occupation) Japan and Christmas (whose occupations i'm not familiar with but which have since gone on to develop a wonderful communities) and many more then I know enough to go into detail about, but i'll mention St Abbaddon, Middle Earth(thirteen times), The Rejected Realms(three times), The South Pacific, Lazarus, and Osiris(both twice)

I've done most of that as well (My lib count is probably higher but GCR missions are lower). I'd i've hoped for a bigger number myself, 350 in seven years is fairly lacklustre.

Would you say you've never contributed outside your home region?
A free society rests on four boxes: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the ammo box.
XKI: Recruiter, TITO member
TEP: WA Executive Staff member
Forest: Cartographer
Oatland: Caesar, Cartographer

It is the citizen's duty to understand which box to use, and when.

User avatar
Drop Your Pants
Minister
 
Posts: 3434
Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:55 am

Aclion wrote:Would you say you've never contributed outside your home region?

I've had multiple home regions across my NS life, I like to think I contributed once or twice. If you mean in a defender context, not really. Most of the time its jump in, kick the raiders and leave the natives alone to their own devices (and pray to Fratt you don't have to go back in the next day). Half the time they don't notice what's happening.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama

User avatar
Kuriko
Diplomat
 
Posts: 532
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kuriko » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Jocospor wrote:
Kuriko wrote:Couldn't agree with this more. I'm not a badge hunter, I hate badge hunters which you should know from our many confrontations in this forum. I only write resolutions that I think are worthy to be voted upon, and this one most certainly is.


You'll understand if we have a hard time believing that, considering you've been directly or indirectly associated with four out of five of the most recent Security Council resolutions - unless you campaigned for Bach as well, we can't remember. Sometimes it pays to be prolific, sometimes it doesn't. And in the space of 20 days too - we're surprised if you haven't been asked, "Hey, what's the rush?"

Paffnia has made many valuable contributions to XKI over the years, but the sum of their inter-regional import is, we believe, less than satisfactory for a commendation. This objection has also been noted by others. It might be more fitting to immortalise Paffnia in XKI first before you set your sights on the world.

What does it matter how busy I am in the SC? Why does it matter that I'm a prolific author? It just so happens that I like the SC, and I like drafting and submitting proposals. Not very many people hold to the opinion you said others have noted, and no i have not been asked "what's the rush" because being prolific in the SC is not a bad thing. As for your comments on Paffnia, I think Aclion replied adequately to that and see no need to add more there.
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Citizen of the 10000 Islands and The Rejected Realms

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Jocospor
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 495
Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Jocospor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:29 pm

Kuriko wrote:
Jocospor wrote:
You'll understand if we have a hard time believing that, considering you've been directly or indirectly associated with four out of five of the most recent Security Council resolutions - unless you campaigned for Bach as well, we can't remember. Sometimes it pays to be prolific, sometimes it doesn't. And in the space of 20 days too - we're surprised if you haven't been asked, "Hey, what's the rush?"

Paffnia has made many valuable contributions to XKI over the years, but the sum of their inter-regional import is, we believe, less than satisfactory for a commendation. This objection has also been noted by others. It might be more fitting to immortalise Paffnia in XKI first before you set your sights on the world.

What does it matter how busy I am in the SC? Why does it matter that I'm a prolific author? It just so happens that I like the SC, and I like drafting and submitting proposals. Not very many people hold to the opinion you said others have noted, and no i have not been asked "what's the rush" because being prolific in the SC is not a bad thing. As for your comments on Paffnia, I think Aclion replied adequately to that and see no need to add more there.

It concerns us that you lend heavily to the argument that you are indeed a badge-hunter. How can the Security Council be reassured that you submit "Commend Paffnia" with honest intentions?
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | OFFICE OF THE VICEROY | DELEGATE'S OFFICE
JOCOSPOR | FOREIGN AFFAIRS OFFICE


"Destroy democracy. End degeneracy. Love your Emperor. Thou shalt know no fear."
- Farland Macmillan, Grand High Direktor of the Empire, addressing the 3rd Imperial Cabinet

(All posts IC unless marked otherwise)

User avatar
Kaboomlandia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7289
Founded: May 22, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:55 pm

Jocospor wrote:
Kuriko wrote:What does it matter how busy I am in the SC? Why does it matter that I'm a prolific author? It just so happens that I like the SC, and I like drafting and submitting proposals. Not very many people hold to the opinion you said others have noted, and no i have not been asked "what's the rush" because being prolific in the SC is not a bad thing. As for your comments on Paffnia, I think Aclion replied adequately to that and see no need to add more there.

It concerns us that you lend heavily to the argument that you are indeed a badge-hunter. How can the Security Council be reassured that you submit "Commend Paffnia" with honest intentions?

The “badge hunt” argument is the dumbest thing ever for authors that already have it. You don’t get more badges for authoring more resolutions.

Also, there is no “us” here, you’re the only one making this argument.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

User avatar
Jocospor
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 495
Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Jocospor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:59 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Jocospor wrote:It concerns us that you lend heavily to the argument that you are indeed a badge-hunter. How can the Security Council be reassured that you submit "Commend Paffnia" with honest intentions?

The “badge hunt” argument is the dumbest thing ever for authors that already have it. You don’t get more badges for authoring more resolutions.

Also, there is no “us” here, you’re the only one making this argument.

This rebuttal is one we might expect from another who has authored so many resolutions. Visually, you only get one badge. Visually.


OOC: In that instance, I was referring to just my nation. A nation cannot role-play itself, it must have characters to do that. And as the Imperial Empire's top men wouldn't deal with petty tasks like posting on forum threads (EDIT: unless, you know, Trump), a secretarial unit handles such activities. The respective offices are in my signature; obviously, these communications are coming from the Delegate's Office.
Last edited by Jocospor on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | OFFICE OF THE VICEROY | DELEGATE'S OFFICE
JOCOSPOR | FOREIGN AFFAIRS OFFICE


"Destroy democracy. End degeneracy. Love your Emperor. Thou shalt know no fear."
- Farland Macmillan, Grand High Direktor of the Empire, addressing the 3rd Imperial Cabinet

(All posts IC unless marked otherwise)

User avatar
Kuriko
Diplomat
 
Posts: 532
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kuriko » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:14 pm

*yawns* Your arguments are moot Jocospor, since your accusations are completely misguided and untrue. I've said it many times, I like authoring SC resolutions. This is one of two parts that actually keeps me active in NS. Your badge hunting accusations would be true if I were targeting unworthy nations or regions, but I'm not. Being a prolific author does not make one a badge hunter, what it makes one is better at authoring well-written resolutions. The real badge hunter is you, among others from CCD, that keep trying to put up bad proposals to commend your own region or repeal commendations of players that deserve said commendations.
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Citizen of the 10000 Islands and The Rejected Realms

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Jocospor
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 495
Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Jocospor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:27 pm

Kuriko wrote:*yawns* Your arguments are moot Jocospor, since your accusations are completely misguided and untrue. I've said it many times, I like authoring SC resolutions. This is one of two parts that actually keeps me active in NS. Your badge hunting accusations would be true if I were targeting unworthy nations or regions, but I'm not. Being a prolific author does not make one a badge hunter, what it makes one is better at authoring well-written resolutions. The real badge hunter is you, among others from CCD, that keep trying to put up bad proposals to commend your own region or repeal commendations of players that deserve said commendations.

*the Delegate's Office executes its own yawn, synchronised* We shall have to agree to disagree. Some corners of the world will accept your word, others will accept ours. At this rate, though, your proposal isn't going to reach the quorum so, you're right, our argument is rather moot.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | OFFICE OF THE VICEROY | DELEGATE'S OFFICE
JOCOSPOR | FOREIGN AFFAIRS OFFICE


"Destroy democracy. End degeneracy. Love your Emperor. Thou shalt know no fear."
- Farland Macmillan, Grand High Direktor of the Empire, addressing the 3rd Imperial Cabinet

(All posts IC unless marked otherwise)

User avatar
Aclion
Minister
 
Posts: 3310
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aclion » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:17 am

Jocospor wrote:
Kuriko wrote:*yawns* Your arguments are moot Jocospor, since your accusations are completely misguided and untrue. I've said it many times, I like authoring SC resolutions. This is one of two parts that actually keeps me active in NS. Your badge hunting accusations would be true if I were targeting unworthy nations or regions, but I'm not. Being a prolific author does not make one a badge hunter, what it makes one is better at authoring well-written resolutions. The real badge hunter is you, among others from CCD, that keep trying to put up bad proposals to commend your own region or repeal commendations of players that deserve said commendations.

*the Delegate's Office executes its own yawn, synchronised* We shall have to agree to disagree. Some corners of the world will accept your word, others will accept ours. At this rate, though, your proposal isn't going to reach the quorum so, you're right, our argument is rather moot.

The difference being that the people who accept your argument are a tiny minority, which is why you've failed every time you've brought something before this assembly.
A free society rests on four boxes: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the ammo box.
XKI: Recruiter, TITO member
TEP: WA Executive Staff member
Forest: Cartographer
Oatland: Caesar, Cartographer

It is the citizen's duty to understand which box to use, and when.

User avatar
Kuriko
Diplomat
 
Posts: 532
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kuriko » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:30 am

Jocospor wrote:
Kuriko wrote:*yawns* Your arguments are moot Jocospor, since your accusations are completely misguided and untrue. I've said it many times, I like authoring SC resolutions. This is one of two parts that actually keeps me active in NS. Your badge hunting accusations would be true if I were targeting unworthy nations or regions, but I'm not. Being a prolific author does not make one a badge hunter, what it makes one is better at authoring well-written resolutions. The real badge hunter is you, among others from CCD, that keep trying to put up bad proposals to commend your own region or repeal commendations of players that deserve said commendations.

*the Delegate's Office executes its own yawn, synchronised* We shall have to agree to disagree. Some corners of the world will accept your word, others will accept ours. At this rate, though, your proposal isn't going to reach the quorum so, you're right, our argument is rather moot.

The reason its failing to reach quorum is due to delegate fatigue, as well as too many campaign proposals. Add in CCD's incessant WA/delegate wide telegrams on even the smallest of matters and you see why. I'll resubmit this in a few weeks when fatigue isn't so bad.
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Citizen of the 10000 Islands and The Rejected Realms

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Goddess Relief Office
Diplomat
 
Posts: 584
Founded: Jun 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Goddess Relief Office » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:21 am

Supported. Paffnia is one of the most consistently responsible players I've met on NS who always diligently discharged his duties whether its a role as important as Delegate of 10KI, or something inconsequential as an emissary to a tiny region like ours. He's also a rare NS player whose accomplishments span both gameplay and the WA.
Keeper of The World Tree - Yggdrasil
General Assembly:
GA#053 - Epidemic Response Act
GA#163 - Repeal LOTS
GA#223 - Transboundary Water Use Act

Security Council:
SC#030 - Commend 10000 Islands (co-author)
SC#044 - Commend Texas (co-author)
SC#066 - Repeal "Liberate Wonderful Paradise"
SC#108 - Liberate South Pacific
SC#135 - Liberate Anarchy (co-author)
SC#139 - Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"

Former delegate and retired defender
Nice links for easy reference:
Passed WA Resolutions | GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | GA Rules

User avatar
Kuriko
Diplomat
 
Posts: 532
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kuriko » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:29 am

I've switched around the TITO and 10ki information and have re-submitted this. Hopefully campaign fatigue has dropped off this time and it will reach quorum.
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Citizen of the 10000 Islands and The Rejected Realms

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Jocospor
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 495
Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Jocospor » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:20 pm

There is a reason this did not reach quorum the first time, and we don't think it has much to do with "campaign fatigue" or whatever.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | OFFICE OF THE VICEROY | DELEGATE'S OFFICE
JOCOSPOR | FOREIGN AFFAIRS OFFICE


"Destroy democracy. End degeneracy. Love your Emperor. Thou shalt know no fear."
- Farland Macmillan, Grand High Direktor of the Empire, addressing the 3rd Imperial Cabinet

(All posts IC unless marked otherwise)

User avatar
Kuriko
Diplomat
 
Posts: 532
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kuriko » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Jocospor wrote:There is a reason this did not reach quorum the first time, and we don't think it has much to do with "campaign fatigue" or whatever.

Actually, that's precisely why it didn't achieve quorum. If you knew how campaigning the right way works, you would know that.
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Citizen of the 10000 Islands and The Rejected Realms

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Jocospor
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 495
Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Jocospor » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:12 am

Kuriko wrote:
Jocospor wrote:There is a reason this did not reach quorum the first time, and we don't think it has much to do with "campaign fatigue" or whatever.

Actually, that's precisely why it didn't achieve quorum. If you knew how campaigning the right way works, you would know that.


If "campaigning the right way" involves dishing out fictional cookies to people, we'll take a pass. Champagne is much classier.

Your most recent campaign telegram seems fairly vague. You didn't even provide a link to this thread. Hmm.

Greetings, esteemed World Assembly delegates. Today I am messaging you to ask you to please approve my SC proposal, Commend Paffnia. Paffnia has accomplished a lot of things in the region 10000 Islands, as well as dedicated over 7 years to defending founderless regions from raiders.

My proposal is meant to recognize Paffnia on the international level for their deeds, some of which are more extensive than some recently passed commendations. So please, approve my proposal so it can go to vote!!

Link: page=UN_view_proposal/id=kuriko_1547058357

Sincerely,
Kuriko

PS I'll give a tasty cookie to the first 81 delegates that approve it :) [cookie] [cookie]
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | OFFICE OF THE VICEROY | DELEGATE'S OFFICE
JOCOSPOR | FOREIGN AFFAIRS OFFICE


"Destroy democracy. End degeneracy. Love your Emperor. Thou shalt know no fear."
- Farland Macmillan, Grand High Direktor of the Empire, addressing the 3rd Imperial Cabinet

(All posts IC unless marked otherwise)

User avatar
Kuriko
Diplomat
 
Posts: 532
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kuriko » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:19 am

Jocospor wrote:
Kuriko wrote:Actually, that's precisely why it didn't achieve quorum. If you knew how campaigning the right way works, you would know that.


If "campaigning the right way" involves dishing out fictional cookies to people, we'll take a pass. Champagne is much classier.

Your most recent campaign telegram seems fairly vague. You didn't even provide a link to this thread. Hmm.

Greetings, esteemed World Assembly delegates. Today I am messaging you to ask you to please approve my SC proposal, Commend Paffnia. Paffnia has accomplished a lot of things in the region 10000 Islands, as well as dedicated over 7 years to defending founderless regions from raiders.

My proposal is meant to recognize Paffnia on the international level for their deeds, some of which are more extensive than some recently passed commendations. So please, approve my proposal so it can go to vote!!

Link: page=UN_view_proposal/id=kuriko_1547058357

Sincerely,
Kuriko

PS I'll give a tasty cookie to the first 81 delegates that approve it :) [cookie] [cookie]

Oh my god, its the end of the world!!! I forgot to link a discussion thread for one time only! :o
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Citizen of the 10000 Islands and The Rejected Realms

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Aclion
Minister
 
Posts: 3310
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aclion » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:41 pm

This discussion thread is half you whining and other people correcting you, so I don't see the value in linking it.
A free society rests on four boxes: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the ammo box.
XKI: Recruiter, TITO member
TEP: WA Executive Staff member
Forest: Cartographer
Oatland: Caesar, Cartographer

It is the citizen's duty to understand which box to use, and when.

User avatar
Ransium
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 5711
Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ransium » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:17 am

This resolution is at vote.

Commended by SC 236,
WA Delegate of Forest since March 20th, 2007.
Author of WA Resolutions: SC 221, SC 224, SC 233, SC 243, SC 265, GA 403, GA 439, GA 445.
Issues Editor since January 20th, 2017.
Author of 22 issues. First editor of 44.
Forum Moderator since November 10th, 2017. Game Moderator since March 15th, 2018.

User avatar
Promisit Dominus
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Oct 23, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Promisit Dominus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 pm

So I see a lot of things that he contributed to the 10,000 islands but, what about the rest of the world? I don't care about what he did for his own region. Give me a reason why I should vote for.

User avatar
Aclion
Minister
 
Posts: 3310
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aclion » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Promisit Dominus wrote:So I see a lot of things that he contributed to the 10,000 islands but, what about the rest of the world? I don't care about what he did for his own region. Give me a reason why I should vote for.

Aclion wrote:Paffina has been involved in over 300 liberations of occupied regions, including Yggdrasil(One of the most well respected region in the game; a liberation for which they were awarded the Yggdrasil Medal of Honor) Greece(Which allowed them to begin rebuilding after years of occupation) Japan and Christmas (whose occupations i'm not familiar with but which have since gone on to develop a wonderful communities) and many more then I know enough to go into detail about, but i'll mention St Abbaddon, Middle Earth(thirteen times), The Rejected Realms(three times), The South Pacific, Lazarus, and Osiris(both twice)

The argument that a player that has spent seven years prolifically defending and restoring hundreds of regions(some of which have gone on to be recognised for their contributions by this very body) has somehow not contributed outside their home region is fundamentally absurd. Which is why the only person who made the argument backed off of it once they got the facts.
A free society rests on four boxes: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the ammo box.
XKI: Recruiter, TITO member
TEP: WA Executive Staff member
Forest: Cartographer
Oatland: Caesar, Cartographer

It is the citizen's duty to understand which box to use, and when.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads