NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Confederation of Corrupt Dictators

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Riakou
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Riakou » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:28 am

I rest my case ☺️

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:41 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Riakou wrote:You guys love the CCD really, we provide an important benefit to the world in being Nationstates official prominent ‘bad guy’ region.

You love to hate us, I think we provide an interesting dynamic. Maybe that’ll be our means of commendation, effectively playing and being dedicated to our ‘villian’ role, one cannot deny it appears somewhat effective considering the friction.

Surely we wouldn’t have it any other way :hug:

You're the Black Hawks? I never knew! :o

This was my reaction as well. "You guys are secretly the Black Hawks?" I thought with a side helping of snark. :roll:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:56 am

Oh, the posts in this thread do give us cause to chuckle, they truly do.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:04 am

Jocospor wrote:Oh, the posts in this thread do give us cause to chuckle, they truly do.

Weirdly, I agree

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:47 am

Jocospor wrote:Oh, the posts in this thread do give us cause to chuckle, they truly do.

Cool, but don't let the serious content of the posts go over your head. The jokes themselves are often trying to convey a serious message to you, just something to be aware of.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:00 am

Yeah, self-confidence is good until it crosses a line into arrogance.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Rakivland
Attaché

Founded: May 16, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rakivland » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:04 am

I think I laugh more at your regions arrogance and self commendation attempts.
My Political Compass Results = Economic 0.0, Social 1.28.
I argue. A lot, and no I won't get off your lawn, I'll kick up the lawn.

The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:27 am

CCD just wants attention. Ignore their proposals and just vote against if they ever make it to vote, Problem solved.

Marshite Ponies
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 03, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Marshite Ponies » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:06 pm

"I am Ambassador Twilight Sparkle of the Republic of Akila and I am here to once more explain our opposition to this resolution. Again and again we go around with this topic of the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators, and its inflated sense of ego. Indeed, that may be the only thing notable about them! At the very least however this resolution doesn't parrot its mere existence, as well as its base ideology, as cause itself alone for the commendation. Well, to some extent. This comes across as an attempted victory lap (like others before) and an attempt to legitimize some of the claims made. About the only claim that can be made accurately is that they are large region. The rest comes without any supporting evidence. This lack of supporting evidence is critical to our opposition. While we are indeed no fans in general of Dictatorships, we can put aside such opposition if the target resolution supports its case well enough. We do not believe this resolution, while an improvement, does so adequately and thus if this reaches a general vote we will be voting against it. The region could almost earn a cutie mark in sheer ego stroking efforts, but we have Trixie for that already and don't believe we can handle any more. Have a Harmonious Day."
Member of the Romani-Marshite Union.
Marshite Ponies is ranked 1st in Borealias for Largest Defense Forces.

Iran Borovan IV
Political Columnist

Founded: May 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Iran Borovan IV » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Marshite Ponies wrote:"I am Ambassador Twilight Sparkle of the Republic of Akila and I am here to once more explain our opposition to this resolution. Again and again we go around with this topic of the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators, and its inflated sense of ego. Indeed, that may be the only thing notable about them! At the very least however this resolution doesn't parrot its mere existence, as well as its base ideology, as cause itself alone for the commendation. Well, to some extent. This comes across as an attempted victory lap (like others before) and an attempt to legitimize some of the claims made. About the only claim that can be made accurately is that they are large region. The rest comes without any supporting evidence. This lack of supporting evidence is critical to our opposition. While we are indeed no fans in general of Dictatorships, we can put aside such opposition if the target resolution supports its case well enough. We do not believe this resolution, while an improvement, does so adequately and thus if this reaches a general vote we will be voting against it. The region could almost earn a cutie mark in sheer ego stroking efforts, but we have Trixie for that already and don't believe we can handle any more. Have a Harmonious Day."

Stop giving them replies it's failed at queue

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:42 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:Maybe think about why people keep making that joke?

Because I ran the campaign this time and apparently that gives you a reason to take a swipe at Jocospor?

Iran Borovan IV wrote:Stop giving them replies it's failed at queue

Oh, don't worry it'll be back in the queue soon enough.
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:48 am

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:Oh, don't worry it'll be back in the queue soon enough.

How many times will you submit this before you realize that it won't pass?
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alba-Nord
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alba-Nord » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:52 am

Are we seriously doing this shit again?
Last edited by Alba-Nord on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:10 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:Maybe think about why people keep making that joke?

Because I ran the campaign this time and apparently that gives you a reason to take a swipe at Jocospor?

TIL, Kranostav is my puppet. I can't remember making it, though, and I don't know the password... Very mysterious...
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:17 am

The Church of Satan wrote:Yeah, self-confidence is good until it crosses a line into arrogance.

Self confidence is fantastic, it really is. It can cross into arrogance a bit, which is less awesome.

However I think we left arrogance behind some time ago. I'd go with outright delusional. This is someone who has put on a superman outfit and convinced themselves they can fly - though thankfully without the rather messy landing that the analogy suggests.
Last edited by Caracasus on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Visionary Union
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Visionary Union » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:38 am

Armaros wrote:
Riakou wrote:You guys love the CCD really, we provide an important benefit to the world in being Nationstates official prominent ‘bad guy’ region.

You love to hate us, I think we provide an interesting dynamic. Maybe that’ll be our means of commendation, effectively playing and being dedicated to our ‘villian’ role, one cannot deny it appears somewhat effective considering the friction.

Surely we wouldn’t have it any other way :hug:

"Interesting dynamic"

I think more in the direction of "cringy laughing stock".

It's no longer funny, that's the problem.

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 am

I believe that if this ever made it to vote, I would be horrified.

CDD is a region entirely dedicated to stroking Joscopurs ego. It has no value to the world whatsoever, and isn't the villain of NS at all like it claims. No, CDD is the office Secretary who feels like villain when she purposefully puts the staples in backwards for the boss, and keeps trying to get a promotion for that 'innovation'.
Author of GA #455
Favourite Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9iYAsoX5t8
Aspiring Issue Author (6-times-failed)
Ban Abortion!

"A person's a person, no matter how small."

Choose love over death!

Riakou
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Riakou » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:53 am

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar wrote:I believe that if this ever made it to vote, I would be horrified.

CDD is a region entirely dedicated to stroking Joscopurs ego. It has no value to the world whatsoever, and isn't the villain of NS at all like it claims. No, CDD is the office Secretary who feels like villain when she purposefully puts the staples in backwards for the boss, and keeps trying to get a promotion for that 'innovation'.

Well that made me genuinely laugh, kudos to a good roast.
I look forward to the continued fun on the re-submission.

Once its done enough times it'll become a NS tradition ;)

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:33 am

Riakou wrote:
Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar wrote:I believe that if this ever made it to vote, I would be horrified.

Well that made me genuinely laugh, kudos to a good roast.
I look forward to the continued fun on the re-submission.

Once its done enough times it'll become a NS tradition ;)

I mean, you know a region is just sad when it is desperately looking for attention like this.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

South Kchina
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Kchina » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Why won't you guys just stop trying to commend yourself?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:37 am

South Kchina wrote:Why won't you guys just stop trying to commend yourself?

Why are you reviving a thread that's two weeks dead to make a pointless comment?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council