Page 2 of 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:32 pm
by Consular
United Massachusetts wrote:Really, guys? Jocospor comes forward with a draft that, as much as you may dislike the contents, is in good faith and isn't a regional advert, and you shun him like this?

A shame, really.

Don't be silly. Actions have consequences.

Against because of the author.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:02 pm
by United Massachusetts
Consular wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:Really, guys? Jocospor comes forward with a draft that, as much as you may dislike the contents, is in good faith and isn't a regional advert, and you shun him like this?

A shame, really.

Don't be silly. Actions have consequences.

Against because of the author.

Yeah. Because screw second chances.

This prejudice against everything Jocospor does is ridiculous, to say the least.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:38 pm
by Consular
I'm all for second chances, but I feel like they've had plenty, and I don't feel like they've changed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:47 pm
by The Tri State Area and Maine
Consular wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:Really, guys? Jocospor comes forward with a draft that, as much as you may dislike the contents, is in good faith and isn't a regional advert, and you shun him like this?

A shame, really.

Don't be silly. Actions have consequences.

Against because of the author.


This. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:46 pm
by Cedoria
United Massachusetts wrote:
Consular wrote:Don't be silly. Actions have consequences.

Against because of the author.

Yeah. Because screw second chances.

This prejudice against everything Jocospor does is ridiculous, to say the least.

Joco's not on a second chance, they're on a... I've lost count now.

I'm not interested in giving them more, to put it mildly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:26 pm
by The NewsStand
Thank you, Jocospor, that was very thoughtful of you to propose our region for a commendation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:32 am
by Jocospor
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:
Armaros wrote:And like UM said: I personally heavily dislike this author for a variety of reasons. But it should be more about the content of this proposal I think.


I mean, when an author claims that the World Assembly is corrupt and that people should unendorse their Delegates, they should probably expect less support on their proposals due to it.

Either way, the target isn't worthy of Commendation anyway.


And congratulations, you have just demonstrated its corruption. Excellent work! *the Delegate's Office claps enthusiastically*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:42 am
by The Tri State Area and Maine
Jocospor wrote:
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:
I mean, when an author claims that the World Assembly is corrupt and that people should unendorse their Delegates, they should probably expect less support on their proposals due to it.

Either way, the target isn't worthy of Commendation anyway.


And congratulations, you have just demonstrated its corruption. Excellent work! *the Delegate's Office claps enthusiastically*


I mean, pissing off the people who have the most influence in the WA would do that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:50 am
by The New California Republic
Jocospor wrote:
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:
I mean, when an author claims that the World Assembly is corrupt and that people should unendorse their Delegates, they should probably expect less support on their proposals due to it.

Either way, the target isn't worthy of Commendation anyway.


And congratulations, you have just demonstrated its corruption. Excellent work! *the Delegate's Office claps enthusiastically*

OOC: I wasn't aware that the definition of corruption had been changed to "People don't like me because of things I have done in the past"... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:31 am
by The Confederate Territory
I am disgusted by the comments depicting a lack of support due to the author. We’re better than this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:39 am
by The New California Republic
The Confederate Territory wrote:I am disgusted by the comments depicting a lack of support due to the author. We’re better than this.

OOC: Actions usually have consequences, don't they? It is the same in this case. A self-commendation attempt does tend to rub people the wrong way, even more so when it isn't just tried once...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:45 am
by The Confederate Territory
The New California Republic wrote:
The Confederate Territory wrote:I am disgusted by the comments depicting a lack of support due to the author. We’re better than this.

OOC: Actions usually have consequences, don't they? It is the same in this case. A self-commendation attempt does tend to rub people the wrong way, even more so when it isn't just tried once...


While you make a good point, we should view proposals for the content above all. Though I personally do not find the region commend worthy at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:50 am
by The New California Republic
The Confederate Territory wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:OOC: Actions usually have consequences, don't they? It is the same in this case. A self-commendation attempt does tend to rub people the wrong way, even more so when it isn't just tried once...


While you make a good point, we should view proposals for the content above all.

OOC: Nope. Trust is a vital component of proposals, i.e. the trustworthiness of the author. If said trustworthiness has hit rock bottom then you can't just expect people to ignore that. The Boy Who Cried Wolf is a brilliant example of that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:27 am
by The Confederate Territory
The New California Republic wrote:
The Confederate Territory wrote:
While you make a good point, we should view proposals for the content above all.

OOC: Nope. Trust is a vital component of proposals, i.e. the trustworthiness of the author. If said trustworthiness has hit rock bottom then you can't just expect people to ignore that. The Boy Who Cried Wolf is a brilliant example of that.


While that makes sense, the content of the proposal ultimately matters most. Yeah sure, the nation proposing will get a badge, but are they doing it for the badge? Are they doing it to recruit for their region? Are they doing it to actually recognize a worthy nation?

I honestly do not see the Newsstand as being commend-worthy. I see them as having an important role, but not important enough to make them commend-worthy. If this proposal were actually submitted, I would give it the benefit of the doubt and probably approve it, but I would not expect it to get very far as it currently is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:36 am
by The New California Republic
The Confederate Territory wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:OOC: Nope. Trust is a vital component of proposals, i.e. the trustworthiness of the author. If said trustworthiness has hit rock bottom then you can't just expect people to ignore that. The Boy Who Cried Wolf is a brilliant example of that.


While that makes sense, the content of the proposal ultimately matters most. Yeah sure, the nation proposing will get a badge, but are they doing it for the badge? Are they doing it to recruit for their region? Are they doing it to actually recognize a worthy nation?

OOC: Proposals made by a nation with a history are treated differently by people, so no, there is a point where proposal content becomes secondary. Sorry.