NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Condemn United Massachusetts

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
Sijiao
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Aug 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Condemn United Massachusetts

Postby Sijiao » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:29 pm

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING that United Massachusetts (hereby referred to as UM) is a prominent member-nation of The East Pacific, with a presence in Right To Life by way of the puppet Massachusetts United,

UNDERSTANDING that UM is seen by many as a promulgator of Catholic social teaching and the pro-life cause throughout numerous regions,

APPALLED that UM rejects potential allies to the cause of Right To Life in the name of its personal social-democratic political prejudices and in so doing undermines its own position,

RECALLING that UM seeks to implement the abolition of the death penalty among all World Assembly-affiliated nations, consequently advocating for the usage of resources and tax revenues to sustain the continued existence of the worst and most vile offenders,

NOTING that UM opposes effective authoritarian government models and reflects this bias both in its campaigning activities for World Assembly resolutions and in its activities as a member of the inter-regional community, working against the interests of communist and fascist regions alike,

DISTRESSED that UM, in spite of professing dedication to social welfare, fails to comprehend the enormous potentialities of a state-controlled economy,

This resolution hereby condemns United Massachusetts.

User avatar
Aclion
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5641
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Aclion » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Absolutely not.
XKI: Recruiter, TITO Tactical Officer, Deputy WA Secretary, Emissary to Forest
TEP: Deputy Minister for WA affairs
Forest: Cartographer Emeritus
Oatland: Consul ,Caesar and Cartographer Emeritus
The people who participated in China's denial of their role in this outbreak deserve the same scorn and derision of those who've helped past regimes deny their own atrocities.

User avatar
The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27262
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Sijiao wrote:The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING that United Massachusetts (hereby referred to as UM) is a prominent member-nation of The East Pacific, with a presence in Right To Life by way of the puppet Massachusetts United,

UNDERSTANDING that UM is seen by many as a promulgator of Catholic social teaching and the pro-life cause throughout numerous regions,

APPALLED that UM rejects potential allies to the cause of Right To Life in the name of its personal social-democratic political prejudices and in so doing undermines its own position,

RECALLING that UM seeks to implement the abolition of the death penalty among all World Assembly-affiliated nations, consequently advocating for the usage of resources and tax revenues to sustain the continued existence of the worst and most vile offenders,

NOTING that UM opposes effective authoritarian government models and reflects this bias both in its campaigning activities for World Assembly resolutions and in its activities as a member of the inter-regional community, working against the interests of communist and fascist regions alike,

DISTRESSED that UM, in spite of professing dedication to social welfare, fails to comprehend the enormous potentialities of a state-controlled economy,

This resolution hereby condemns United Massachusetts.

OOC: While the devious side of me thinks it would be hilarious if UM was condemned, the more rational side of me thinks that this is a bit threadbare in terms of justification.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

NS Hitman
White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
New Waldensia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 356
Founded: Feb 18, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Waldensia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Vehemently opposed to this laughable proposal.
IC WA Diplomat Josiah Garrett
Author of GA #414 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care) and GA #456 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care II)

Army of Freedom medals received:
N-Day² Medals
Z-Day6 Medals
N-Day³ Medals
N-Day⁴ Medals

User avatar
Ru-
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1092
Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ru- » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Ru would oppose. While we may often disagree with UM's politics, they are a tireless contributor to our assembly, authored and assisted with resolutions that remain popular to this day, and have always debated with grace and civility. If anything, they should be commended.
A civilization with an over 3,000 year history of lizard people killing each other and enslaving everyone else. Now they've finally calmed down and formed a modern westernized constitutional monarchy. (long live King Yoshio!)
Still with Her.

----> King Yoshio Q&A Thread! <----
(please help keep it alive if you can. lol )

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5966
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:48 pm

This is a dumb proposal
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Major and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

User avatar
Ransium
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 6571
Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ransium » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:04 pm

I’ve marked it illegal R4a for catholic among other unexplained RL refrences.

Commended by SC 236,
WA Delegate of Forest since March 20th, 2007.
Author of WA Resolutions: SC 221, SC 224, SC 233, SC 243, SC 265, GA 403, GA 439, GA 445,GA 463,GA 465,
Issues Editor since January 20th, 2017.
Author of 22 issues. First editor of 44.
Forum Moderator since November 10th, 2017. Game Moderator since March 15th, 2018.

User avatar
Kurnugia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 932
Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kurnugia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:08 pm

How dare he care about the life of a human being beyond childbirth?! That is an absolute monster!
PRINCE OF CRINGE


AUTHOR OF ISSUE 1201

User avatar
United Massachusetts
Minister
 
Posts: 2561
Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Sijiao wrote:APPALLED that UM rejects potential allies to the cause of Right To Life in the name of its personal social-democratic political prejudices and in so doing undermines its own position,

Yeah. For context, there was an anti-Semitic fascist who slid into our server, seeking an alliance with Right to Life. Right to Life does not support fascism nor tolerate its presence in our Discord. I banned said fascist, who happened to be from the same region as the proposer here.

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Gonna have to be a nope.

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2302
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Phydios » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:14 pm

Kurnugia wrote:How dare he care about the life of a human being beyond childbirth?! That is an absolute monster!

I'd like to know what you're implying.

Strongly opposed to this.
Romans 1:18-2:29, Ephesians 2:1-10
But God’s angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! | Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. | It’s a wonder God didn’t lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on His own, with no help from us!

User avatar
Hispanyo
Secretary
 
Posts: 34
Founded: Oct 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hispanyo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:45 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:
Sijiao wrote:APPALLED that UM rejects potential allies to the cause of Right To Life in the name of its personal social-democratic political prejudices and in so doing undermines its own position,

Yeah. For context, there was an anti-Semitic fascist who slid into our server, seeking an alliance with Right to Life. Right to Life does not support fascism nor tolerate its presence in our Discord. I banned said fascist, who happened to be from the same region as the proposer here.

He's Not Anti Semitic, You're just slandering him because he's different, And Check your facts before saying things like that. You people tend to believe fascism = Nazism. Well it's not! It actually is fascism =/= nazism.
I'm Hispanyo!

Somos el Eterno Imperio Español Fascista!

Founder of The Iron Order, Aka the successor of The Empire of Badness and Evilness

Formerly Borenzo

User avatar
Ithreland
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 142
Founded: Jul 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ithreland » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Hispanyo wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:Yeah. For context, there was an anti-Semitic fascist who slid into our server, seeking an alliance with Right to Life. Right to Life does not support fascism nor tolerate its presence in our Discord. I banned said fascist, who happened to be from the same region as the proposer here.

He's Not Anti Semitic, You're just slandering him because he's different, And Check your facts before saying things like that. You people tend to believe fascism = Nazism. Well it's not! It actually is fascism =/= nazism.


Do you know for certain that he didn't say something that could be construed as antisemitism?
The government is elected from pools of experts in whichever fields are necessary, with polarizing issues having a minimum quotient for political balance (like abortion rights would be decided by a mix of pro-choice/pro-life expert advocates, for example).

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
-_qCopy and paste this in your sig if your Capitalist-_q
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.
My 8values score.

User avatar
United Massachusetts
Minister
 
Posts: 2561
Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Hispanyo wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:Yeah. For context, there was an anti-Semitic fascist who slid into our server, seeking an alliance with Right to Life. Right to Life does not support fascism nor tolerate its presence in our Discord. I banned said fascist, who happened to be from the same region as the proposer here.

He's Not Anti Semitic, You're just slandering him because he's different, And Check your facts before saying things like that. You people tend to believe fascism = Nazism. Well it's not! It actually is fascism =/= nazism.

I have log evidence of said individual denying the legitimacy of the Israeli state, alleging a world conspiracy between Jews, Americans, and communists, and using "Jewish" in a phrase, where, given the context, it could only be construed as a slur.

He's anti-Semitic, even if he doesn't openly acknowledge as much.

User avatar
Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1033
Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Against. He has a right to deny fascist regions and I do not see any point in condemning a pro life social democratic nation who has proposed basic rights proposals.

User avatar
Alkasia
Envoy
 
Posts: 281
Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alkasia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:46 pm

There is no way you're going to get a condemnation of anyone passed based on opposition to fascism. Also I personally think abolition of the death penalty sounds great. And while I am pro-choice, it would be awfully petty of me to support a condemnation based solely on my views of that matter.

This proposal warrants nothing deserving of a condemnation and lacks any sort of substance in regards to anything that would make UM deserving of one. Probably because there isn't much of that to begin with.
Former Delegate of XKI, current Reject with a penchant for murder.
Defender Romeo
Democratic Socialist
Koth wrote:Alk resembles some sort of slime mold that asexually reproduces scum, as is standard for XKI natives
Cormactopia Prime wrote:You're silly. I miss the XKI veterans who knew how to appropriately deal with raiders.
Kanglia wrote:Can confirm lynching Alk is the most satisfying thing. :p
Sarakart wrote:What a time to be alive. Welcome to the legislative revolution, the liberation wars have begun.

In reference to XKI's Embassy thread:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:"Something you thought you'd never see for $3000, Alex."

User avatar
Hispanyo
Secretary
 
Posts: 34
Founded: Oct 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hispanyo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:48 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:
Hispanyo wrote:He's Not Anti Semitic, You're just slandering him because he's different, And Check your facts before saying things like that. You people tend to believe fascism = Nazism. Well it's not! It actually is fascism =/= nazism.

I have log evidence of said individual denying the legitimacy of the Israeli state, alleging a world conspiracy between Jews, Americans, and communists, and using "Jewish" in a phrase, where, given the context, it could only be construed as a slur.

He's anti-Semitic, even if he doesn't openly acknowledge as much.

Show me then.
I'm Hispanyo!

Somos el Eterno Imperio Español Fascista!

Founder of The Iron Order, Aka the successor of The Empire of Badness and Evilness

Formerly Borenzo

User avatar
United Massachusetts
Minister
 
Posts: 2561
Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Let me get the evidence and send via tg, Hispanyo
Last edited by United Massachusetts on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Aclion
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5641
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Aclion » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:16 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:
Sijiao wrote:APPALLED that UM rejects potential allies to the cause of Right To Life in the name of its personal social-democratic political prejudices and in so doing undermines its own position,

Yeah. For context, there was an anti-Semitic fascist who slid into our server, seeking an alliance with Right to Life. Right to Life does not support fascism nor tolerate its presence in our Discord. I banned said fascist, who happened to be from the same region as the proposer here.

[an even stronger objection then absolutely not]
Last edited by Aclion on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XKI: Recruiter, TITO Tactical Officer, Deputy WA Secretary, Emissary to Forest
TEP: Deputy Minister for WA affairs
Forest: Cartographer Emeritus
Oatland: Consul ,Caesar and Cartographer Emeritus
The people who participated in China's denial of their role in this outbreak deserve the same scorn and derision of those who've helped past regimes deny their own atrocities.

User avatar
United Massachusetts
Minister
 
Posts: 2561
Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:29 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:
Hispanyo wrote:He's Not Anti Semitic, You're just slandering him because he's different, And Check your facts before saying things like that. You people tend to believe fascism = Nazism. Well it's not! It actually is fascism =/= nazism.

I have log evidence of said individual denying the legitimacy of the Israeli state, alleging a world conspiracy between Jews, Americans, and communists, and using "Jewish" in a phrase, where, given the context, it could only be construed as a slur.

He's anti-Semitic, even if he doesn't openly acknowledge as much.

In our judgement, at least. It was a conclusion reached based on the posts, their context, and other considerations. I don't take allegations like these lightly, but I think it's more likely than not that he holds some concerning anti-Semitic tendencies.

I will note that his friend who also left our server was a radical traditionalist "catholic" (read: heretic) who pulled out all the tricks, even the old "Jews killed Jesus" canard. Said person, who literally advocated the forcible conversion of Jews, also denied that they were anti-Semitic. So, I'm really not inclined to believe anything coming out of their camp.
Last edited by United Massachusetts on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Caracasus
Issues Editor
 
Posts: 7919
Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Caracasus » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:56 pm

Actually thought this was a joke UM was in on before I read in detail. Clearly against and even more so given extra context.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!



Issues editor, not a moderator.

User avatar
New Bremerton
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1326
Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Bremerton » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:07 pm

I may disagree with UM on capital punishment and abortion, but he has done nothing to warrant any sort of condemnation. Totally AGAINST.
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES.
CHINA LIED. PEOPLE DIED. PRC DELENDA EST.
ALL LIVES MATTER.

Glorious Hong Kong is my alt.

User avatar
Visionary Union
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 137
Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Visionary Union » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:27 am

You want to condemn someone on the base of opposing racism? Yep, good luck there. Despite being pro-choice, I will not vote for this resolution just because I disagree with his political views.

User avatar
Democratic Empire of Romania
Envoy
 
Posts: 233
Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Democratic Empire of Romania » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:22 am

No
Salutare tuturor Românilor de pe NationStates !

Proud Centrist

User avatar
Kuriko
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1174
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kuriko » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:25 am

Reading through this thread, yeah that's a no from me. Not happening.
WA Secretary-General
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
Registrar-General and Chief of Staff of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jar Wattinree

Advertisement

Remove ads