NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Minoa (Charlotte Ryberg)

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:09 pm

Sargon Reman wrote:Commend Minoa was passed.
For: 13,918 (86.4%), Against: 2,189 (13.6%).

Good job

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:14 am

It is indeed relatively smooth sailing compared to the debate for On Abortion. I wonder if Sargon Reman is saving mention of On Abortion for Ryberg herself?

But then again, that’s for another time. After all, it is only wise to answer questions about commendations only when asked, and not tell Sargon Reman what or what not to say…

…unlike this! :roll:

And the turnout is a far cry from Condemn Macedon, which shows how NationStates is still doing well without Jolt (the one who ruined NationStates 2).

A mysterious voice booms out: “HOW DARE YOU MENTION THE SEQUEL THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED!”

Whatever, at least it is nice to go beyond raiding and defending, which Minoa is simply not a participant, and that’s a general comment about the use of C&Cs.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:24 am

Ever since we've first roleplayed our trade agreements together (under your old Charlotte Ryberg GE&T treaty in 2010 if you still remember that), I've always wondered when will you be commended (you're one of those people back then that I just knew would eventually be commended by the World Assembly!). Congratz!

Edit: Also wow 86% that's high!
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Minoa
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:14 am

Yohannes wrote:Ever since we've first roleplayed our trade agreements together (under your old Charlotte Ryberg GE&T treaty in 2010 if you still remember that), I've always wondered when will you be commended (you're one of those people back then that I just knew would eventually be commended by the World Assembly!). Congratz!

Edit: Also wow 86% that's high!

Sometimes, one has to be patient and continue with what they enjoy the most to see it happen, and I have indeed found my place in the community by collecting the history of the community … and learning from the mistakes of NSwiki.net and their collapse, 5 years on this month. Like how moderators are appointed, asking for one does not cut it.

In any case, this is turning out to be a bit of a mini reunion event. I am also very grateful to Sargon Reman for getting the Security Council to venture outside the usual realm of Raiding and Defending.
Last edited by Minoa on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sargon Reman
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sargon Reman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:04 am

When I was writing this resolution I never could wrap my head around how anyone could say in argument that Minoa didnt have any merit. Thus when I opened thd debate thread and no one really showed up to say a lot I figured it was simply because she wasnt viewed as a controversial figure.
It was my first time ever to draft a SC proposal and so you can imagine the dynamics of that. Scared during quorum for the first day. Stared at the voting for the first two hours into midnight when voting opened.
We got 68 of 83 delegate approvals in 24 hours and at vote during the first 2 hours the proposal received 1300 votes.
In the end the resolution was just shy of 14k. I think 15 or 16k is the highest received.
Last edited by Sargon Reman on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of SC Resolution #265, #281...and #288.

Minoa
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:31 am

Sargon Reman wrote:When I was writing this resolution I never could wrap my head around how anyone could say in argument that Minoa didnt have any merit. Thus when I opened thd debate thread and no one really showed up to say a lot I figured it was simply because she wasnt viewed as a controversial figure.
It was my first time ever to draft a SC proposal and so you can imagine the dynamics of that. Scared during quorum for the first day. Stared at the voting for the first two hours into midnight when voting opened.
We got 68 of 83 delegate approvals in 24 hours and at vote during the first 2 hours the proposal received 1300 votes.
In the end the resolution was just shy of 14k. I think 15 or 16k is the highest received.

Overall, I think it is Repeal "Liberate Singapore" (SC#210) with 17,788 votes to 1,196. NSindex will eventually get a better picture when the sortable timeline is complete. Patience is appreciated.

Extra: Staying away from the raiding and defending thing probably played a part in the relatively quiet voting session.
Last edited by Minoa on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Return to WA Archives