NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Minoa (Charlotte Ryberg)

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
Sargon Reman
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 61
Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[PASSED] Commend Minoa (Charlotte Ryberg)

Postby Sargon Reman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Commend Minoa

This Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the nation of Minoa's major contributions to the World Assembly and the international community,

NOTING that as the nation of Charlotte Ryberg; Minoa passed numerous General Assembly resolutions, some of which include,

-"Humanitarian Aid Coordination" which creates the International Humanitarian Aid Coordination Committee (IHACC) and mandates that disaster plans be in place among other things,

- Repeal: "Disaster Preparedness Act" which unfairly penalized members for deploying their own disaster response efforts and for lack of a funding program for member states,

-"Reducing Problem Gambling" which promoted responsible gambling and helped individuals with the negative effects of gambling,

-"International Postal Union" which sought to transform the effectiveness of international postal delivery by creating the International Postal Union and guarantee uniform handling and delivery of postal items among member states,

ACKNOWLEDGING that as the nation of Charlotte Ryberg, Minoa maintained a list of passed Security Council resolutions from about 2009 to 2015, thus making access to passed resolutions more expeditious for fellow nations; and which remains maintained by others to this day,

IMPRESSED that the government of Minoa created and maintained for the last five years an international database of information they dubbed as NSIndex, which strives to provide objective and factual information to nations across the international community;

FURTHER NOTING that Minoa faithfully maintains one of several well-known databases used for tracking the political issues and their effects; and that Minoa directly took on the issue of Microchipping technology and how it could be dealt with in member states.

BELIEVING that Minoa deserves to be acknowledged for their hard work and dedication to the world community and that Minoa's legacy will be a positive testament to future generations,

HEREBY commends Minoa.
Last edited by Sargon Reman on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Citizen of the 10000 Islands, Minister of Immigration. Author of SC Resolution #265.

User avatar
Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1033
Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:16 am

Looks ok I guess

User avatar
Kuriko
Diplomat
 
Posts: 524
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kuriko » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:17 pm

Its a really good start, and has tons of information. However, I'm seeing quite a few grammatical mistakes and possible rules violations I will address in a later post if no-one else gets to them before me.
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Citizen of the 10000 Islands and The Rejected Realms

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1033
Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:01 pm

NSIndex violates rules it's a known website

Databases also violate because its physical entity
Last edited by Cosmopolitan borovan on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jar Wattinree
Diplomat
 
Posts: 892
Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Jar Wattinree » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Cosmopolitan borovan wrote:NSIndex violates rules it's a known website

Databases also violate because its physical entity

It does not.
"Pain is weakness leaving the body." - American Boot

Krystal is the best lady ever
Tribune of the New Pacific Order

  • Governor of Province Ardere
  • Praetorian of the New Pacific Order
  • Council Elder of St Abbaddon
There is no right or wrong in our profession. The present changes the past from moment to moment. Only pray for the future to vindicate your action.

User avatar
Sargon Reman
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 61
Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sargon Reman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:31 pm

Cosmopolitan borovan wrote:NSIndex violates rules it's a known website

Databases also violate because its physical entity

I considered this as well, but SC resolution #10 states:

RECOGNIZING Goobergunchia for the creation of the first Nation States' wiki, NSwiki, a highly informative and detailed account of in-game incidents, resolutions, national profiles, region profiles, history, events, and terminology.

That's what I was going by. Did the rules change since then?
Citizen of the 10000 Islands, Minister of Immigration. Author of SC Resolution #265.

User avatar
Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1033
Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:38 pm

Can I get an opinion from a moderator

User avatar
Tinhampton
Senator
 
Posts: 4906
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Sargon Reman wrote:
Cosmopolitan borovan wrote:NSIndex violates rules it's a known website

Databases also violate because its physical entity

I considered this as well, but SC resolution #10 states:

RECOGNIZING Goobergunchia for the creation of the first Nation States' wiki, NSwiki, a highly informative and detailed account of in-game incidents, resolutions, national profiles, region profiles, history, events, and terminology.

That's what I was going by. Did the rules change since then?

That was passed before Rule 4 was a thing. I'd wait if I were you - drafting and ruling purposes alike...
* Mayor: Saffron Howard (UCP; libertarian)
* Foreign Minister: Ryan Terrence (TLP)
* WA Delegate-Ambassador: Alexander Smith (NatSov)
* WA Assistant: Bianca Venkman (IntFed)
* Nat'l Football Team Manager: Rachel Coltfield (TIN)
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (trigram TIN, pop. 319,372): Factbooks, Tin Stronk!
Football: Cup of Harmony 73 Champions - KPB rank 37th (19.84pts) - UICA rank 71st (3.375pts)
Author/Co-Author: SC#250, SC#251, SC#267
XXI.XI.MMXVIII - NPO DELENDA EST!

User avatar
Sargon Reman
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 61
Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sargon Reman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:02 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Sargon Reman wrote:I considered this as well, but SC resolution #10 states:


That's what I was going by. Did the rules change since then?

That was passed before Rule 4 was a thing. I'd wait if I were you - drafting and ruling purposes alike...


I have no intention of rushing it through drafting.
Citizen of the 10000 Islands, Minister of Immigration. Author of SC Resolution #265.

User avatar
Kuriko
Diplomat
 
Posts: 524
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kuriko » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:29 am

Alright, I think I've nitpicked enough.

This Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the nation of Minoa's major contributions to the World Assembly and the international community,

NOTING that as the nation of Charlotte Ryberg Minoa passed numerous General Assembly resolutions, some of these which include:
  • "Humanitarian Aid Coordination" which creates the International Humanitarian Aid Coordination Committee (IHACC) and mandates that disaster plans be in place among other things,
  • Repeal: "Disaster Preparedness Act" which unfairly penalized members for deploying their own disaster response efforts and for lack of a funding program for member states,
  • "Reducing Problem Gambling" which promoted responsible gambling and helped individuals with the negative effects of gambling,
  • "On Abortion" , which was known as being one of the most controversial and difficult resolutions to pass in the General Assembly's history, it mandated mandating that abortions be carried out in health risk scenarios and established the consent and non-coercion of patients.

ACKNOWLEDGING that as the nation of Charlotte Ryberg, Minoa maintained a list of passed Security Council resolutions from about 2009 to 2015, thus making access to passed resolutions more expeditious for fellow nations; the listand which remains maintained by others to this day;

IMPRESSED that for the last five years Minoa has administered the NSIndex for the benefit of all nation's; it strives to provide objective and factual information to nation's across the international community, statistics include:
-Nearly 500 registered nations, not counting countless others that view the site without registering,
-Members have contributed about 7440 pages in total which is roughly 2850 articles of information,
the government of Minoa created and maintained for the last five years an international database of information they dubbed as NSIndex, which strives to provide objective and factual information to nations across the international community;

OBSERVING that nation's worldwide grapple with a wide range of political issues on a daily basis,

FURTHER NOTING that Minoa faithfully maintains one of several well-known databases used for tracking the political issues and their effects; and that Minoa directly took on the issue of Microchipping technology and how it could be dealt with in member states; including creating a badge for member nation's who help in the endeavor of grappling with these issues,

BELIEVING that Minoa deserves to be acknowledged for their hard work and dedication to the world community and that Minoa's legacy will be a positive testament to future generations,

HEREBY commends Minoa.

I crossed out OBSERVING because it seems really out of place. I'm pretty sure we can link WA proposals in legislation, but best to get a mods opinion on that.
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Citizen of the 10000 Islands and The Rejected Realms

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Senator
 
Posts: 3877
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:01 am

I suspect the Observing line is one where the author forgot to list issues written
Osiris Vizier of WA AffairsDee Vytherov-SkollvaldrGameplay Ambassador of ForestLieutenant in The Black HawksRecruitment and Outreach Director of Lazarus

User avatar
Sargon Reman
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 61
Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sargon Reman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Kuriko wrote:Alright, I think I've nitpicked enough.

This Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the nation of Minoa's major contributions to the World Assembly and the international community,

NOTING that as the nation of Charlotte Ryberg Minoa passed numerous General Assembly resolutions, some of these which include:
  • "Humanitarian Aid Coordination" which creates the International Humanitarian Aid Coordination Committee (IHACC) and mandates that disaster plans be in place among other things,
  • Repeal: "Disaster Preparedness Act" which unfairly penalized members for deploying their own disaster response efforts and for lack of a funding program for member states,
  • "Reducing Problem Gambling" which promoted responsible gambling and helped individuals with the negative effects of gambling,
  • "On Abortion" , which was known as being one of the most controversial and difficult resolutions to pass in the General Assembly's history, it mandated mandating that abortions be carried out in health risk scenarios and established the consent and non-coercion of patients.

ACKNOWLEDGING that as the nation of Charlotte Ryberg, Minoa maintained a list of passed Security Council resolutions from about 2009 to 2015, thus making access to passed resolutions more expeditious for fellow nations; the listand which remains maintained by others to this day;

IMPRESSED that for the last five years Minoa has administered the NSIndex for the benefit of all nation's; it strives to provide objective and factual information to nation's across the international community, statistics include:
-Nearly 500 registered nations, not counting countless others that view the site without registering,
-Members have contributed about 7440 pages in total which is roughly 2850 articles of information,
the government of Minoa created and maintained for the last five years an international database of information they dubbed as NSIndex, which strives to provide objective and factual information to nations across the international community;

OBSERVING that nation's worldwide grapple with a wide range of political issues on a daily basis,

FURTHER NOTING that Minoa faithfully maintains one of several well-known databases used for tracking the political issues and their effects; and that Minoa directly took on the issue of Microchipping technology and how it could be dealt with in member states; including creating a badge for member nation's who help in the endeavor of grappling with these issues,

BELIEVING that Minoa deserves to be acknowledged for their hard work and dedication to the world community and that Minoa's legacy will be a positive testament to future generations,

HEREBY commends Minoa.

I crossed out OBSERVING because it seems really out of place. I'm pretty sure we can link WA proposals in legislation, but best to get a mods opinion on that.


I have added your suggestions.
Citizen of the 10000 Islands, Minister of Immigration. Author of SC Resolution #265.

User avatar
Jar Wattinree
Diplomat
 
Posts: 892
Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Jar Wattinree » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:23 pm

Kuriko wrote:I'm pretty sure we can link WA proposals in legislation, but best to get a mods opinion on that.

Linking past resolutions is permitted.
"Pain is weakness leaving the body." - American Boot

Krystal is the best lady ever
Tribune of the New Pacific Order

  • Governor of Province Ardere
  • Praetorian of the New Pacific Order
  • Council Elder of St Abbaddon
There is no right or wrong in our profession. The present changes the past from moment to moment. Only pray for the future to vindicate your action.

User avatar
Sargon Reman
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 61
Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sargon Reman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:44 am

Is there any more suggestions that someone would like to add?
Citizen of the 10000 Islands, Minister of Immigration. Author of SC Resolution #265.

User avatar
Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1033
Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:17 pm

I can see how on abortion is controversial the last clause issists that abortion be legal in member states

User avatar
Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1033
Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:19 pm

On abortion however was a practical resolution working on on what was acceptable with moderates but it led to reproductive freedoms something opposed by most pro life nations

User avatar
Aclion
Minister
 
Posts: 3233
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Aclion » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Sargon Reman wrote:Commend Minoa

This Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the nation of Minoa's major contributions to the World Assembly and the international community,

NOTING that as the nation of Charlotte Ryberg; Minoa passed numerous General Assembly resolutions, some of which include:

-"Humanitarian Aid Coordination"which creates the International Humanitarian Aid Coordination Committee (IHACC) and mandates that disaster plans be in place among other things,

- Repeal: "Disaster Preparedness Act" which unfairly penalized members for deploying their own disaster response efforts and for lack of a funding program for member states,

-"Reducing Problem Gambling" which promoted responsible gambling and helped individuals with the negative effects of gambling,

-"On Abortion" which was known as being one of the most controversial and difficult resolutions to pass in the General Assembly's history, mandating that abortions be carried out in health risk scenarios and establishing the consent and non-coercion of patients.

ACKNOWLEDGING that as the nation of Charlotte Ryberg, Minoa maintained a list of passed Security Council resolutions from about 2009 to 2015, thus making access to passed resolutions more expeditious for fellow nations; and which remains maintained by others to this day;

IMPRESSED that the government of Minoa created and maintained for the last five years an international database of information they dubbed as NSIndex, which strives to provide objective and factual information to nations across the international community;

FURTHER NOTING that Minoa faithfully maintains one of several well-known databases used for tracking the political issues and their effects; and that Minoa directly took on the issue of Microchipping technology and how it could be dealt with in member states; including creating a badge for member nation's who help in the endeavor of grappling with these issues,

BELIEVING that Minoa deserves to be acknowledged for their hard work and dedication to the world community and that Minoa's legacy will be a positive testament to future generations,

HEREBY commends Minoa.

Grammer stuff
A free society rests on four boxes: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the ammo box.
XKI: Recruiter, TITO member
TEP: WA Executive Staff member
Forest: Cartographer
Oatland: Caesar, Cartographer

It is the citizen's duty to understand which box to use, and when.

User avatar
Sargon Reman
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 61
Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sargon Reman » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Aclion wrote:
Sargon Reman wrote:Commend Minoa

This Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the nation of Minoa's major contributions to the World Assembly and the international community,

NOTING that as the nation of Charlotte Ryberg; Minoa passed numerous General Assembly resolutions, some of which include:

-"Humanitarian Aid Coordination"which creates the International Humanitarian Aid Coordination Committee (IHACC) and mandates that disaster plans be in place among other things,

- Repeal: "Disaster Preparedness Act" which unfairly penalized members for deploying their own disaster response efforts and for lack of a funding program for member states,

-"Reducing Problem Gambling" which promoted responsible gambling and helped individuals with the negative effects of gambling,

-"On Abortion" which was known as being one of the most controversial and difficult resolutions to pass in the General Assembly's history, mandating that abortions be carried out in health risk scenarios and establishing the consent and non-coercion of patients.

ACKNOWLEDGING that as the nation of Charlotte Ryberg, Minoa maintained a list of passed Security Council resolutions from about 2009 to 2015, thus making access to passed resolutions more expeditious for fellow nations; and which remains maintained by others to this day;

IMPRESSED that the government of Minoa created and maintained for the last five years an international database of information they dubbed as NSIndex, which strives to provide objective and factual information to nations across the international community;

FURTHER NOTING that Minoa faithfully maintains one of several well-known databases used for tracking the political issues and their effects; and that Minoa directly took on the issue of Microchipping technology and how it could be dealt with in member states; including creating a badge for member nation's who help in the endeavor of grappling with these issues,

BELIEVING that Minoa deserves to be acknowledged for their hard work and dedication to the world community and that Minoa's legacy will be a positive testament to future generations,

HEREBY commends Minoa.

Grammer stuff


Thank you. I knew there were a couple but I didn't notice some of the others you mentioned. I have revised the draft for these.
Citizen of the 10000 Islands, Minister of Immigration. Author of SC Resolution #265.

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 3952
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fauxia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Using On Abortion is a smart way to lose votes. Mention something else
Don’t pick a fight with me, I am proficient with the weapon to which all shall fall in NationStates... inactivity.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

User avatar
United Massachusetts
Minister
 
Posts: 2172
Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby United Massachusetts » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Fauxia wrote:Using On Abortion is a smart way to lose votes. Mention something else

Just about to say this. I will oppose if "On Abortion" stays in there.
United Massachusetts
World Assembly Mission

Pro-Life Social Democratic Catholic
Ambassador: Bishop Alexander Pierce

WA Affairs Minister, The East Pacific
Assistant: Father Carl Sullivan

Fmr. President, Right to Life
Queen Yuno wrote:You have a very contradictory rep yourself, [UM].
Sanctaria wrote:We get it. You're pro-life.
Davelands wrote:(UM tries to slip another one by)
Wallenburg wrote:You've got to be the most ignorant person on this Discord.
Davelands wrote:Remember that United Mass is extremely on the religious right side. Look for hidden gotcha's for later. He is playing a long game with proposals...
"Ave Crux, spes unica nostra!"
"Hail to the Cross, our only hope!"


User avatar
Sargon Reman
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 61
Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sargon Reman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:42 am

But that is one of this nominees accomplishments. :oops:
That whole portion will have to be reworked.
Last edited by Sargon Reman on Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Citizen of the 10000 Islands, Minister of Immigration. Author of SC Resolution #265.

User avatar
United Massachusetts
Minister
 
Posts: 2172
Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 am

Sargon Reman wrote:But that is one of this nominees accomplishments. :oops:
That whole portion will have to be reworked.

Just remove it and put in another resolution they wrote in its place. We need not recognize an unfortunate resolution here.
United Massachusetts
World Assembly Mission

Pro-Life Social Democratic Catholic
Ambassador: Bishop Alexander Pierce

WA Affairs Minister, The East Pacific
Assistant: Father Carl Sullivan

Fmr. President, Right to Life
Queen Yuno wrote:You have a very contradictory rep yourself, [UM].
Sanctaria wrote:We get it. You're pro-life.
Davelands wrote:(UM tries to slip another one by)
Wallenburg wrote:You've got to be the most ignorant person on this Discord.
Davelands wrote:Remember that United Mass is extremely on the religious right side. Look for hidden gotcha's for later. He is playing a long game with proposals...
"Ave Crux, spes unica nostra!"
"Hail to the Cross, our only hope!"


User avatar
Sargon Reman
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 61
Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sargon Reman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:23 am

I shall convene with the nominee first before any edit regarding On Abortion. This is someone's legacy we are talking about. I know of a suitable replacement but I still want to speak with them first.
Citizen of the 10000 Islands, Minister of Immigration. Author of SC Resolution #265.

User avatar
Isvataan
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 112
Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Isvataan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:38 pm

Support, we need something positive in the face of this toxic neo liberations

User avatar
Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5605
Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Capitalizt

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Sargon Reman wrote:including creating a badge for member nation's who help in the endeavor of grappling with these issues,

What exactly is this referring to?
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zenithian

Advertisement

Remove ads