NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal “Commend The Macabees”

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Sallyut
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Repeal “Commend The Macabees”

Postby Sallyut » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:24 pm

The World Assembly,

RECOGNIZES that whilst The Macabees have high Political, Social and Economic freedoms;

IS APPALLED by their allowance of slavery, a inhumane and primitive form of labor;

NOTES the nation's extremely high wealth gap, which is currently the 4,955th highest in the world, and the nation's crime and death rates, 496th and 643th highest in the world, respectively;

HIGHLIGHTS two of the nation's leading causes of death, malnourishment and scurvy which should be completely unacceptable for a supposedly developed nation;

CONDEMNS the nations's lack of safety and health;

DECLARES that The Macabees, which even though made great contribuitions, a nation with said issues should not receive a commendation;

HEREBY repeals “Commend The Macabees”, for the nation does not deserve a commendation.

Thanks for any feedback :)

Kiravian WA Mission
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kiravian WA Mission » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:58 pm

The Kiravian WA Mission categorically opposes commendations/condemnations or repeals thereof on the basis of any nation's internal characteristics or domestic policy, rather than their international, gameplay/community, or WA-related actions. The original resolution commending The Macabees is entirely sound and should remain in force.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:05 am

Much of the resolution falls foul of Rule 2d - it addresses the internal affairs, not the international business, of The Macabees (as the Kiravian mission has noted).
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Thatcher Whitehall
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thatcher Whitehall » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:37 am

Against. Much of the original commended The Macabees for reasons that didn’t have to do with the nations stats. There’s no reason to take away the badge for the petty reasons stated in this proposal.
Last edited by Thatcher Whitehall on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thatcher Whitehall
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the government of Europeia.

Isvataan
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Isvataan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:13 am

Nay

Kozmix
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kozmix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:35 am

Tinhampton wrote:Much of the resolution falls foul of Rule 2d - it addresses the internal affairs, not the international business, of The Macabees (as the Kiravian mission has noted).

This. The proposal makes no reference to the resolution it repeals, other than the name and number, Also, it makes no sense to repeal a nation's commendation based on national statistics.
Citizen of 10000 Islands, Fort Triumph and The Rejected Realms
10000 Islands
Knight of TITO
Senator
Deputy Regional Reserve Chairman
The Rejected Realms
Guest Editorial Assistant for The Rejected Times
Author of SC #260
Nominated for WASC Award and Ananke Award, Defender Awards 2018

Terra Voltera
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Terra Voltera » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:44 pm

I concur with both Kozmix and Thatcher, and stand against this.
Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Former three time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 17 Security Council Resolutions.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:05 am

Strongly opposed

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:34 am

Fwiw, the status of slavery in my country is very similar to the American 13th Amendment:

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Edit: And we have due process of law and liberal law, so it's not like we're enslaving people for the crime of being of a specific race or political ideology. They're just prison work programs.

Edit 2: Like the commend states, we're currently at war with a number of slave states in an effort to further reduce the slave trade.
Last edited by The Macabees on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Crimsonfield
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimsonfield » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Sallyut wrote:The World Assembly,

RECOGNIZES that whilst The Macabees have high Political, Social and Economic freedoms;

IS APPALLED by their allowance of slavery, a inhumane and primitive form of labor;

NOTES the nation's extremely high wealth gap, which is currently the 4,955th highest in the world, and the nation's crime and death rates, 496th and 643th highest in the world, respectively;

HIGHLIGHTS two of the nation's leading causes of death, malnourishment and scurvy which should be completely unacceptable for a supposedly developed nation;

CONDEMNS the nations's lack of safety and health;

DECLARES that The Macabees, which even though made great contribuitions, a nation with said issues should not receive a commendation;

HEREBY repeals “Commend The Macabees”, for the nation does not deserve a commendation.

Thanks for any feedback :)

This proposal is complete garbage as the SC is not concerned with a Nation's internal politics and laws. Against.

The Sakhalinsk Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sakhalinsk Empire » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Much of the resolution falls foul of Rule 2d - it addresses the internal affairs, not the international business, of The Macabees (as the Kiravian mission has noted).

Again, this. Commendations and Condemnations are for international acts e.g. liberations/raiding, promotion of goodwill, but not internal acts. Plus, technically all the slavery and malnutrition are RP.
This is my signature. The old one was odd.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:59 am

Against. Both for the rules violation, and for the fact that the SC doesn't make a habit of repealing commends based on nation stats.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council