NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Equinox

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Tyrehennia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Commend Equinox

Postby Tyrehennia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:35 pm

The below post is the current iteration of this resolution. See the spoilers below for less up-to-date versions.

The World Assembly,

ACKNOWLEDGING the region of Equinox's present efforts to sustain membership, and knowledgeable that the region has been in a state of membership decay for some time and that an ex post facto commendation is unusual,

RECOGNIZES Equinox's contributions in carving a unique and indelible cultural and social landscape since its inception more than a decade ago through its following accomplishments:

By championing a pioneering spirit of inclusivity and social engagement through the use and maintenance of multiple social media platforms to facilitate discussion and inclusion by welcoming every new nation and actively encouraging nations to participate in a variety of governmental, cultural, and diplomatic roles,

By forming a well-organized bureaucracy able to carry out its duties of delegacy and cultural improvement ably, transparently, and without neglect, among which were the establishment of interregional embassies and personal emissaries to each region, the organization and publicizing of Equinox's famous festivities, and the facilitation of a variety of international relations simulations,

By promoting a stable central dogma of humor, intimacy, and festivity through communications platforms allowing any nation to directly speak with important regional figures and by creating close international bonds through the use of social media for polls, games, raids, and other community-building exercise despite multiple changes to leadership and membership through its long history,

By promoting citizen engagement in government with trademark originality through the formation of a Guild Confederacy system run by and open to all nations based on their national interests and the formation of a unique Judicial Court system, deliberately allowing regional leadership and government to be open and easy to partake in for all nations,

By pioneering the development of successful and regionally influential Guilds such as Axiom, a defender military guild, Mafia, a raiding and role-playing guild, Lords, and Jethnea, a culturally oriented guild, all of which were vital to the region as hubs of incredible cultural and political significance,

By supporting the growth and development of citizen leaders throughout the region and the world, including during the formation and reformations of the regional Constitution, during the transitions between Senatorial, Guild-based, and Cabinetorial regional governments, and through its frequent regional referendums and elections,

By steadfastly renewing and reviving the region after periods of inactivity and adapting to new forms of government and regional structure without duress under numerous changes of leadership,

And by promoting cultural participation and celebrating creativity through organizing impressive amounts of regional and interregional gatherings and themed social events held with the sole purpose of building a friendly, close-knit, and truly open community beyond that which was possible without the region's existence, including but not limited to the such past events as Equinox Zombie Fest, Harry Potter Extravaganza, Olympics, the Equinox Awards,

UNDERSTANDS that commendation and recognition of Equinox's extraordinary social and cultural landscape would serve to grow its aspirations in its present state of humble redevelopment and to help the region continue its tradition of inclusion and communal bonds necessary for and supportive of a new nation's growth and future development in the wider world,

MAINTAINS that the region's total body of accomplishments throughout its past are worthy of recognition in the present for posterity and preservation of its continuing history,

and HEREBY COMMENDS the region of Equinox.

The World Assembly,

ACKNOWLEDGING the region of Equinox's present efforts to sustain membership, and knowledgeable that the region has been in a state of membership decay for some time and that an ex post facto commendation is unusual,

RECOGNIZES Equinox's contributions in carving a unique and indelible cultural and social landscape since its inception more than a decade ago through its following accomplishments:

By championing a pioneering spirit of inclusivity and social engagement through the use and maintenance of multiple social media platforms to facilitate discussion and inclusion by welcoming every new nation and actively encouraging nations to participate in a variety of governmental, cultural, and diplomatic roles,

By organizing a well-run and organized bureaucracy able to carry out its duties of delegacy and cultural improvement ably, transparently, and without neglect, among which were the establishment of interregional embassies and personal emissaries to each region, the organization and publicizing of Equinox's famous festivities, and the facilitation of a variety of international relations simulations,

By promoting a stable central dogma of humor, intimacy, and festivity through communications platforms allowing any nation to directly speak with important regional figures and by creating close international bonds through the use of social media for polls, games, raids, and other community-building exercise despite multiple changes to leadership and membership through its long history,

By promoting citizen engagement in government with trademark originality through the formation of a Guild Confederacy system run by and open to all nations based on their national interests and the formation of a unique Judicial Court system, deliberately allowing regional leadership and government to be open and easy to partake in for all nations,

By supporting the growth and development of citizen leaders throughout the region including during the formation and reformations of the regional Constitution, during the transitions between Senatorial, Guild-based, and Cabinetorial regional governments, and through its frequent regional referendums and elections,

And by promoting cultural participation and celebrating creativity through organizing impressive amounts of regional gatherings and themed social events held with the sole purpose of building a friendly, close-knit, and truly open community beyond that which was possible without the region's existence, including but not limited to the such past events as Equinox Zombie Fest, Harry Potter Extravaganza, Olympics, and the Equinox Awards,

UNDERSTANDS that commendation and recognition of Equinox's extraordinary social and cultural landscape would serve to grow its aspirations in its present state of humble redevelopment and to help the region continue its tradition of inclusion and communal bonds necessary for and supportive of a new nation's growth in the wider world,

MAINTAINS that the region's total body of accomplishments throughout its history are worthy of recognition in the present for posterity and preservation of its continuing history,

The World Assembly,

RECOGNIZES Equinox's contributions in carving a unique and indelible cultural and social landscape since its inception more than a decade ago through accomplishments including but not limited to:

Championing a pioneering spirit of inclusivity and social engagement through the use of social media and online forums to facilitate discussion and inclusion by welcoming every new member, organizing a well-run and organized government able to carry out its duties of delegacy and cultural improvement ably, transparently, and without neglect, promoting a stable environment of humor, friendliness, and tolerance despite multiple changes to leadership and membership through its long history, promoting citizen engagement in government with trademark originality through the formation of a Guild Confederacy system run by and open to all citizens based on individual interests, deliberately making regional leadership open and easy to partake in for all members and supporting the growth and development of citizen leaders throughout the region, and promoting cultural participation and celebrating creativity through regional gatherings and social events held with the sole purpose of building a friendly, close-knit, and truly open community beyond that which was possible without the region's existence,

UNDERSTANDS that commendation and recognition of Equinox's extraordinary social and cultural would serve to grow its aspirations in its present state of humble redevelopment and to help the region continue its tradition of inclusion and communal bonds necessary for and supportive of a new nation's growth in the wider world,

MAINTAINS that the region's total body of accomplishments throughout its history are worthy of recognition in the present for posterity and preservation of its continuing history,

Last edited by Tyrehennia on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Tyrehennia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrehennia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:03 pm

Might be a bit short for a WA commendation, but I'm haven't exactly made a career out of them :)

Terra Voltera
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Terra Voltera » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:56 pm

Well, first off I wish to welcome you to the SC! I do see some rules violations right from the start, mainly where you mention "online forums" as that's illegal under Rule 4(c). It would be nice if you could also add the accomplishments you hint at, to better fill out your proposal.
Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Former three time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 17 Security Council Resolutions.

Tyrehennia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrehennia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:34 pm

Thanks for your reply and the suggestions! I have made my first edit of this draft, which is posted as a spoiler below the main post.

EDIT: The newest version as of this date is also available here:

The World Assembly,

By organizing a well-run and organized bureaucracy able to carry out its duties of delegacy and cultural improvement ably, transparently, and without neglect, among which were the establishment of interregional embassies and personal emissaries to each region, the organization and publicizing of Equinox's famous festivities, and the facilitation of a variety of international relations simulations,

By supporting the growth and development of citizen leaders throughout the region including during the formation and reformations of the regional Constitution, during the transitions between Senatorial, Guild-based, and Cabinetorial regional governments, and through its frequent regional referendums and elections,

And by promoting cultural participation and celebrating creativity through organizing impressive amounts of regional gatherings and themed social events held with the sole purpose of building a friendly, close-knit, and truly open community beyond that which was possible without the region's existence, including but not limited to the such past events as Equinox Zombie Fest, Harry Potter Extravaganza, Olympics, and the Equinox Awards,

UNDERSTANDS that commendation and recognition of Equinox's extraordinary social and cultural landscape would serve to grow its aspirations in its present state of humble redevelopment and to help the region continue its tradition of inclusion and communal bonds necessary for and supportive of a new nation's growth in the wider world,

Last edited by Tyrehennia on Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrehennia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrehennia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Also as a note: In future versions, I'd like to make a mention of the following:

-Revival of the region from inactivity at least twice
-Global pacifism and active interregional diplomacy involving interregional updates/telegrams
-Sheer amount of time/talent spent on senate resolutions and maintaining an effective and very well-structured bureaucracy
-Spewing out nations that have now gone on to creating powerful regions of their own with similar founding ideals and organization

The Security Council is a big place. Does this have any chance at being passed? Backstory for this is that I used to be a Somewhat Important Person in the region for a while, and I'd love to see it recognized. Equinox kind of has a reputation for being a party region. It's quite tiny right now but at its peak about a year and a half ago had over 1000 members. I'm sure some of you may recognize it.
Last edited by Tyrehennia on Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:53 pm

You should really break up that paragraph in the middle

Tyrehennia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrehennia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:47 pm

I believe I did in Edit 1, or do you mean breaking it into different capitalized headings?

Tupelope
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2007
Corporate Police State

Postby Tupelope » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:20 pm

u shuld put the editted version outside of the spoiler and the previous one/s in the spoiler/s, shits easier to read that way

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Tyrehennia wrote:I believe I did in Edit 1, or do you mean breaking it into different capitalized headings?

The latter

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:15 am

The Axiom Guild hosted it's own successful defender military called the Crusaders of Justice. Axiom was heavily involved in regional politics.

The Mafia Guild hosted it's own successful raider military called The Mafia. Was involved in roleplaying.

Lords Guild was a politically focused guild that contended strongly with Axiom.

Jethnea Guild was super cultural guild that was once a seperate region and one of the founding regions of the FRA.

Those are just four examples of Guilds. You can ask Asy for more info if you want to expand on guilds.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:42 am

Tyrehennia wrote:-Spewing out nations that have now gone on to creating powerful regions of their own with similar founding ideals and organization

Who was that? I know a lot of already established players joined Equinox, some of us are still kicking but not sure about the powerful regions.

If this was proposed when Equinox was in it's prime it would have been an easy win, now I fear it's too late.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Tyrehennia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrehennia » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:26 am

I'll commence working on the newest edit soon, and thanks for the suggestions (especially from those native Equinoxians; surprised to see you all here).

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:23 am

Tyrehennia wrote:I'll commence working on the newest edit soon, and thanks for the suggestions (especially from those native Equinoxians; surprised to see you all here).

That would be only me and DYP in this thread.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Isvataan
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Isvataan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:21 am

Support

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Wabbitslayah wrote:That would be only me and DYP in this thread.

That's 2 more than he was expecting :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Sopporion
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sopporion » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:13 pm

The fourth clause is redundant. You don't need to specify that the organised bureaucracy was organised.
Sopwith Romefeller

My nation reflects your political views.

Tyrehennia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrehennia » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:22 pm

Glad for the support! I’m traveling in Germany right now and the schedule is hectic, so I won’t have much time to edit this WA draft (Also not inactive in case anyone was wondering). That being said, if anyone wants to get involved this can become a community project instead of just me and i feel that’s would be faster. I’ll ask what remains of equinox in the discord to see if they want to contribute.

Joe Bobs
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Joe Bobs » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:26 am

I was a citizen of Equinox at some point. It was a great region and a big influence on other regions at the time. It used to host international games and was a developing ground for many great, long-standing players. I'd support.
Old Zertaxia: You crazy, drunk penguin.

GRA: Forum Administrator and Architect of the GRA Archives. Formerly: President; Speaker; First Minister; High General of the GRADF; Foreign Affairs Minister; Senator; Congressman; Ambassador Plenipotentiary; First Lieutenant of the GRADF.

FRA: Formerly: Arch-Chancellor; Vice Chancellor; Regional Liaison Officer; GRA Representative; Ranger.

Q102: Formerly: Delegate; Deputy Delegate; Foreign Affairs Minister; Immigration & Officials Minister; Judge; Ambassador.

ARC: Formerly: Founder; Chairman.

Other Former Citizen of The Rejected Realms, The West Pacific, 00000 A World Power, Lazarus, Europa, Scroll Islands. Former Correspondent for The Rejected Times. Regular visitor everywhere.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Full support. Equinox is definitely a commendable region. Wish I had gone there in 2014 and been part of Asy's Mafia, instead of joining TBR.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Tyrehennia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrehennia » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:52 pm

NEW DRAFT (minor edits): After a period of inactivity, I made some edits and hopefully, this will get released soon. The SC is a hard beast to tame, though, so I'll probably be hesitant to unveil this to the world until I can be sure of good support.

The World Assembly,

By CHAMPIONING a pioneering spirit of inclusivity and social engagement through the use and maintenance of multiple social media platforms to facilitate discussion and inclusion by welcoming every new nation and actively encouraging nations to participate in a variety of governmental, cultural, and diplomatic roles,

By ORGANIZING a well-organized bureaucracy able to carry out its duties of delegacy and cultural improvement ably, transparently, and without neglect, among which were the establishment of interregional embassies and personal emissaries to each region, the organization and publicizing of Equinox's famous festivities, and the facilitation of a variety of international relations simulations,

By PROMOTING a stable central dogma of humor, intimacy, and festivity through communications platforms allowing any nation to directly speak with important regional figures and by creating close international bonds through the use of social media for polls, games, raids, and other community-building exercise despite multiple changes to leadership and membership through its long history,

By PROMOTING citizen engagement in government with trademark originality through the formation of a Guild Confederacy system run by and open to all nations based on their national interests and the formation of a unique Judicial Court system, deliberately allowing regional leadership and government to be open and easy to partake in for all nations,

By PIONEERING the development of successful and regionally influential Guilds such as Axiom, a defender military guild, Mafia, a raiding and role-playing guild, Lords, and Jethnea, a culturally oriented guild, all of which were vital to the region as hubs of incredible cultural and political significance,

By SUPPORTING the growth and development of citizen leaders throughout the region and the world, including during the formation and reformations of the regional Constitution, during the transitions between Senatorial, Guild-based, and Cabinetorial regional governments, and through its frequent regional referendums and elections,

By steadfastly RENEWING and reviving the region after periods of inactivity and adapting to new forms of government and regional structure without duress under numerous changes of leadership,

And by PROMOTING cultural participation and celebrating creativity through organizing impressive amounts of regional and interregional gatherings and themed social events held with the sole purpose of building a friendly, close-knit, and truly open community beyond that which was possible without the region's existence, including but not limited to the such past events as Equinox Zombie Fest, Harry Potter Extravaganza, Olympics, the Equinox Awards,

UNDERSTANDS that commendation and recognition of Equinox's extraordinary social and cultural landscape would serve to grow its aspirations in its present state of humble redevelopment and to help the region continue its tradition of inclusion and communal bonds necessary for and supportive of a new nation's growth and future development in the wider world,

MAINTAINS that the region's total body of accomplishments throughout its past are worthy of recognition in the present for posterity and preservation of its continuing history,

Last edited by Tyrehennia on Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hesskin Empire
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hesskin Empire » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:07 am

The most I really did was work with the Mafia as an ally, seem like awesome people. I'll support.
Ghazia-Rahman Ammarah bint Rigel al-Asteorra
She/Her/Hers || Proud Queer Muslim
Trans rights are human rights.
||||||||||||||||||||
Queen of Tannborn and Kronenberg, Duchess of Ansrau, Helmfurt, and Fürstenzell, Margrave of Osterhausen and Delmenfingen, and Lady of Hügelstat and Kaiserin-Emeritus of Hartfelden
Her Grace the Duchess of Eprom, Marquis of Kammara, Earl of Upper Strathia, and Lady Mayor of Zelva of Sildoria
Taskmaster of the Brotherhood of Malice
Countess Sylvoria, Baroness Tybradia and Lady Marshal of Kantrias
Enforcer of Alcatraz
The Rt. Hon. Earl of Leinster, Viscountess of Dublin, Baroness of Greenwich, First Sea Lady (Ret.) in the Empire of Great Britain

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:42 am

I worked with Mafia and Asylum a few times when I was in LWU. They were a lot of fun to work with. At the time, Equinox was active and they seemed like their region was really enjoying themselves and spreading fun. I'm in favor of recognizing that.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Tyrehennia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrehennia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:06 pm

Excellent! Expect another post to this topic in a few days confirming this submission after I wait for anyone else to comment, and then I'll formally submit this as a proposal.

Wopruthien
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 05, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wopruthien » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:54 am

Against.

The region was founded by Falconias it deserves to be condemned for that alone.
Former Arch Chancellor of the The Founderless Regions Alliance
General of the Alliance
Founder of Mordor

Tyrehennia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrehennia » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:16 am

Wopruthien wrote:Against.

The region was founded by Falconias it deserves to be condemned for that alone.

Is there a legitimate reason for that opinion, or is that just a personal grudge you bear?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council