NATION

PASSWORD

[Discussion] SC Nominees

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

[Discussion] SC Nominees

Postby Escade » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Whenever I see a Commend or Condemn I often think, "Why hasn't X been commended (or condemned) yet?" I'd like to start a discussion about players who should be commended or condemned that have not really been mentioned in the storied halls of the SC.

In addition, in the spirit of teamwork this may also be a place to find players willing to help you in developing SC proposals through research and\or writing assistance.

To set some loose guidelines:
1. Suggest players you believe should be nominated for their remarkable contributions to NSGP and provide some details (a couple of sentences or more) on why they are good nominees.
2. No self-nominations please.
3. Players should have been in NS for at least 3 years. This is a loose guideline but the goal is to really discuss those players who have been overlooked over the years.
4. This is not a discussion about why someone shouldn't be nominated or whatever personal drama so chill vibes, lovelies. If you don't agree move on and wait for it to become a actual proposal to get those retractable claws out.

To see who has been commended or condemned already please check the list here.

My suggested players include:
Keeping OP neutral, so see later post.

And because I don't believe in life without flavor:
Last edited by Escade on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mother Superior
Civilian

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mother Superior » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:05 am

Unibot already created this thread.

Tupelope
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2007
Corporate Police State

Postby Tupelope » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:21 am

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:11 am

It's okay to have another thread about this.

I would recommend that in general it is ideal for OPs to have significant substance before posting. Like when writing a draft, it gives others something to bounce ideas off of.
Last edited by Jakker on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:40 am

That Christian Democrats and Auralia are not yet commended is a bit mind-boggling. Just goes to show how bias the SC is.
---
EDIT: I'm writing a draft for Auralia now.
Last edited by United Massachusetts on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:23 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:That Christian Democrats and Auralia are not yet commended is a bit mind-boggling. Just goes to show how bias the SC is.

I don't think it's got to do with "SC bias".

Auralia hasn't been commended because some nations are still (rightly or wrongly, I'm not making a determination on that front) annoyed at him for trying to self-commend back in 2014 or whatever it was. It was seen as very duplicitous and, given the SC is predominately (again, rightly or wrongly) concerned with Gameplay, you have to remember that Gameplay memories are annoyingly long.

As for Christian Democrats, you have to also consider that CD has a reputation in Gameplay outside of that in the General Assembly through his positions in Catholic, Right to Life, and also in TRR. Additionally, although I have no doubt they are his sincerely held beliefs, CD has made some comments about homosexuality and/or same-sex marriage in an OOC position in Gameplay throughout his history that have annoyed many nations and regions.

So to paint it as simply SC bias shows a bit of naivety surrounding the body and the history of the players you're discussing.
Last edited by Sanctaria on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Sanctaria wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:That Christian Democrats and Auralia are not yet commended is a bit mind-boggling. Just goes to show how bias the SC is.

I don't think it's got to do with "SC bias".

Auralia hasn't been commended because some nations are still (rightly or wrongly, I'm not making a determination on that front) annoyed at him for trying to self-commend back in 2014 or whatever it was. It was seen as very duplicitous and, given the SC is predominately (again, rightly or wrongly) concerned with Gameplay, you have to remember that Gameplay memories are annoyingly long.

As for Christian Democrats, you have to also consider that CD has a reputation in Gameplay outside of that in the General Assembly through his positions in Catholic, Right to Life, and also in TRR. Additionally, although I have no doubt they are his sincerely held beliefs, CD has made some comments about homosexuality and/or same-sex marriage in an OOC position in Gameplay throughout his history that have annoyed many nations and regions.

So to paint it as simply SC bias shows a bit of naivety surrounding the body and the history of the players you're discussing.

Fair enough on Auralia. It's a stupid grudge, though, especially for the second or third most successful author in GA history who literally built the scripts raiders today continue to use.

As for CD, there's that bias creeping in again. People don't like Catholic and they don't like RtL. If a liberal with CD-level accomplishments (in the GA, regionbuilding, FRA, and TRR) were the subject, they'd be commended in a heartbeat. Though we both may disagree with some of the things he has to say, the guy is certainly accomplished. Heaven forbid he be Catholic! Pro-life! Oh, no!

Escade
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:28 pm

I have four proposals in mind. I've begun drafting them, in part, and if you'd like to co-author or help support through research\reviewing the first draft let me know! This part makes me feel a little nervous so waiting until I have a really solid draft before posting here because nerves!

Proposals for:
Xoriet
Cormac
TBD
Tim
Last edited by Escade on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Ex Patria
Attaché

Founded: Sep 01, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Ex Patria » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:55 am

I know it's been proposed a few times now, but I still strongly feel as though Lenlyvit is worthy of a commendation. He's responsible for authoring several Security Resolutions, despite some of them being on the more controversial side. Liberate The Monarchist Entente was a necessary and honourable proposal which stopped the likes of the USSD, TI and TRE from capturing the region, and the soon-to-pass Liberate Boston will serve the same purpose.

I haven't even touched on the number of liberations he's participated in with TITO, he's been a committed defender for several years. He's also responsible for the creation of the 'Resign' button for ROs on the administration page.
The Rejected Realms ~ Soviet Democracy ~ Osiris

A.k.a Siege
Left/Right: -5.38
Authoritarian/Libertarian: 0.62

Kozmix
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kozmix » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:02 am

New Ex Patria wrote:I know it's been proposed a few times now, but I still strongly feel as though Lenlyvit is worthy of a commendation. He's responsible for authoring several Security Resolutions, despite some of them being on the more controversial side. Liberate The Monarchist Entente was a necessary and honourable proposal which stopped the likes of the USSD, TI and TRE from capturing the region, and the soon-to-pass Liberate Boston will serve the same purpose.

I haven't even touched on the number of liberations he's participated in with TITO, he's been a committed defender for several years. He's also responsible for the creation of the 'Resign' button for ROs on the administration page.

Look into this: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=442996

I attempted to author this a while ago, and based on some on the recommendation of GP pundits, I have withdrawn it at the moment. I do have permanent dibs on it though :P
Citizen of 10000 Islands, Fort Triumph and The Rejected Realms
10000 Islands
Knight of TITO
Senator
Deputy Regional Reserve Chairman
The Rejected Realms
Guest Editorial Assistant for The Rejected Times
Author of SC #260
Nominated for WASC Award and Ananke Award, Defender Awards 2018

New Ex Patria
Attaché

Founded: Sep 01, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Ex Patria » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:30 am

Kozmix wrote:
New Ex Patria wrote:I know it's been proposed a few times now, but I still strongly feel as though Lenlyvit is worthy of a commendation. He's responsible for authoring several Security Resolutions, despite some of them being on the more controversial side. Liberate The Monarchist Entente was a necessary and honourable proposal which stopped the likes of the USSD, TI and TRE from capturing the region, and the soon-to-pass Liberate Boston will serve the same purpose.

Look into this: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=442996

I attempted to author this a while ago, and based on some on the recommendation of GP pundits, I have withdrawn it at the moment. I do have permanent dibs on it though :P

I did see, yes. I was under the impression you'd scrapped it as nothing more was said.
The Rejected Realms ~ Soviet Democracy ~ Osiris

A.k.a Siege
Left/Right: -5.38
Authoritarian/Libertarian: 0.62

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:12 am

The real question for Cormac is whether a commendation or condemnation serves better. He deserves some sort of SC recognition, though
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Kozmix
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kozmix » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:42 am

Fauxia wrote:The real question for Cormac is whether a commendation or condemnation serves better. He deserves some sort of SC recognition, though
Given the small shard of his NS reputation I have seen, both is probably a good idea. I think there is enough material to make the work distinct.
10000 Islands
Knight of TITO
Senator
The Rejected Realms
Author of SC #260

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Kozmix wrote:
Fauxia wrote:The real question for Cormac is whether a commendation or condemnation serves better. He deserves some sort of SC recognition, though
Given the small shard of his NS reputation I have seen, both is probably a good idea. I think there is enough material to make the work distinct.

There should be the passive-aggressive commendation resolution for cases like this :p
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Kozmix
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kozmix » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Kurnugia wrote:
Kozmix wrote:Given the small shard of his NS reputation I have seen, both is probably a good idea. I think there is enough material to make the work distinct.

There should be the passive-aggressive commendation resolution for cases like this :p

KNOWING that Cormactopia Prime is not very well liked by many;
SURPRISED how the natio got so many other nations to dislike them;

Jk, all in good sport I hope. But he does have some pretty commendable achievements.
Last edited by Kozmix on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
10000 Islands
Knight of TITO
Senator
The Rejected Realms
Author of SC #260

Escade
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:13 pm

That's my own struggle lol. Is it a commend or condemn, but he deserves one.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:56 am

I would say Cormac would ultimately spin more in a commend direction than a condemn direction, when all the cards were laid out and you looked at what you can spin as good and bad.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:10 am

I agree that Commending Cormac would be better
Make sure to include compliments for the Osiris coups ;)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council