NATION

PASSWORD

[withdrawn]

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Loch Sloy
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

[withdrawn]

Postby Loch Sloy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:30 am

thank you for your advice, normal service has been resumed
Last edited by Loch Sloy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:34 am

Lies and slander! TSP is ruled by subversive Defender Moralists who would never dream of raiding!
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:35 am

Lmao. There’s two threads and you mispelled condemn. Great start. ;)
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

The Union of Democratic States

Loch Sloy
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Loch Sloy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:42 am

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:Lies and slander! TSP is ruled by subversive Defender Moralists who would never dream of raiding!

I have written proof where the SPSF attempted a power grab for our regions WA delegate just before they were forcefully sent packing. One of their agents happened to fall on one of our tracking devices and we have been monitoring their activity and have data regarding the subversion of two other regions shortly after.
Last edited by Loch Sloy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Loch Sloy
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Loch Sloy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:45 am

The Noble Thatcherites wrote:Lmao. There’s two threads and you mispelled condemn. Great start. ;)

Two threads not my fault - typos however I'll take the blame.

Snark aside - is the document suitable for the purpose for which it is intended?

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:47 am

No, and also South Pacific Special Forces is just the military region for The South Pacific.
Also the region link is broken. IS the region name mispelled or was it destroyed?
Last edited by Aclion on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Loch Sloy
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Loch Sloy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:54 am

Aclion wrote:No, and also South Pacific Special Forces is just the military region for The South Pacific.
Also the region link is broken. IS the region name mispelled or was it destroyed?

Link fixed - thanks.

So you're saying I have to go after the South Pacific and Lily as they were both involved - the act was carried out by SPSF by residents from a Lily controlled region.
Last edited by Loch Sloy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:14 am

Loch Sloy wrote:
Aclion wrote:No, and also South Pacific Special Forces is just the military region for The South Pacific.

Link fixed - thanks.

So you're saying I have to go after the South Pacific and Lily as they were both involved - the act was carried out by SPSF by residents from a Lily controlled region.

Loch Sloy wrote:

Link fixed - thanks.

Dude-The SPSF is not a region. They're the regional military for The South Pacific. And the 'power grab' that you're describing is something called a raid. TSP doesn't care enough to coup regions of what, like 10 people? The SPSF is not going to be condemned for one measly raid. If you did that, you'd have to condemn every single kilitary in NS. Plus, we've done more good than bad. Though we'd love the condemnation. ;) Do a condemn Aumeltopia or Condemn Roavin then!
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:17 am

Trust me, I know. I'm a SPSF member.
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:17 am

Loch Sloy wrote:
The Noble Thatcherites wrote:Lmao. There’s two threads and you mispelled condemn. Great start. ;)

Snark aside - is the document suitable for the purpose for which it is intended?

How is two threads not your fault?

Loch Sloy
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Loch Sloy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:28 am

I'm not clear on what you're telling me -

I know who the SPSF belongs to in name and the origins of the nations physically doing the grabbing -Lily

However the SPSF also exists as a region and they left physical evidence - in the real world I couldn't go after the bigger players because I don't have enough proof.

Loch Sloy
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Loch Sloy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:29 am

Consular wrote:
Loch Sloy wrote:

How is two threads not your fault?

I posted once.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:32 am

Loch Sloy wrote:Noting that South Pacific Special Forces directly orchestrated in an attempted coup in Monid Creiff;

Erm, no it didn't. Your region has an active founder (that's you!), meaning that your region is impervious from all raids except tag raids - the variety of raid that SPSF conducted on your region.

Also, I can't help but notice that your resolution is heavily taken from Condemn Union of Confederate Regions, which this august body will vote upon in about half an hour's time. The clauses (in blue) are ripped from Condemn UCR; there are also other bits in orange which have suffered a similar fate. You know that Rule 2a exists, right?
Condemn South Pacific Special Forces, by Loch SloyCondemn Union of Confederate Regions, by New Ex Patria
The Security Council,

Noting that South Pacific Special Forces directly orchestrated in an attempted coup in Monid Crieff;

Averse to the way in which South Pacific Special Forces has used its resources; as a tool to raid and continues to raid regions.

Dissentient to South Pacific Special Forces , which attempts the destruction of democracy within NationStates and the attempted removal of opponents to the whims of its personal agenda.

Concerned that currently its continuing efforts have been launched in regions abroad, further expanding the destructive influence of this region.

Abhorred and angered by the exceptional contempt displayed by South Pacific Special Forces, for the right of regions to self determination in NationStates.

Believing that it is the right of nations and regions to ensure they avoid South Pacific Special Forces and its toxic agenda.

Fervent in the belief that this region is well-deserving of a Condemnation.

Hereby Condemns South Pacific Special Forces .
The Security Council,

Noting that the Union of Confederate Regions is several years old and at the time of the composition of this resolution has over 400 nations, however;

Averse to the way in which the Union of Confederate Regions has used its resources; as a tool to raid helpless regions at various points across its history.

Dissentient to the Union of Confederate Region's state ideology of 'Conventism', which advocates the destruction of democracy within NationStates and the removal of opponents to state policy.

Concerned that in recent times, state-sponsored efforts to spread the ideology of 'Conventism' have been launched in regions abroad, expanding the destructive influence of this region.

Abhorred by the exceptional arrogance displayed by the Union, attempting to assert that they are the only region of worth on NationStates.

Angered that for over two years, the Union of Confederate Regions stood as one of the closest allies and benefactors of the fascist region KAISERREICH, previously liberated by SC#245 Liberate Kaiserreich for their advocation of fascism and use of Nazi propaganda.

Believing that it is the right of nations and regions to ensure they avoid the Union of Confederate Regions and its harmful antics.

Hereby Condemns the Union of Confederate Regions.

Sloy, you claim that "WA council and WA security council motions are kept out of the reach of smaller nations who have little to no chance of successfully tabling their own..." If, by this, you mean tabling your own proposal taken heavily from somebody else's ideas (which is what I'm seeing here), it is safe to say that New Ex Patria will hardly be impressed if he noticed that you were to just take his concepts - and some of his resolution text, even - outright. Plagiarism will get your nation booted from the WA (that's why I cited Rule 2a). None of the names you associate with World Assembly success - yes, that includes La Navasse/Vuon - thrive on theft as a successful tactic, mostly because it doesn't work.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Loch Sloy
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Loch Sloy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:48 am

North Prarie wrote:
Loch Sloy wrote:
Link fixed - thanks.

Loch Sloy wrote:
Link fixed - thanks.

Dude-The SPSF is not a region. They're the regional military for The South Pacific. And the 'power grab' that you're describing is something called a raid. TSP doesn't care enough to coup regions of what, like 10 people? The SPSF is not going to be condemned for one measly raid. If you did that, you'd have to condemn every single kilitary in NS. Plus, we've done more good than bad. Though we'd love the condemnation. ;) Do a condemn Aumeltopia or Condemn Roavin then!

Explain the logic to raiding to me then being new I equate it to light hearted greifing. I get that there will be nations and regions that fall inactive and that those would be fair game. Ours isn't inactive - we have a live founder, we are not involved in raiding others. So why raid?

Also isn't the whole of the WA one massive roleplay? That's how I'm approaching this.

Razzle Dazzle
Attaché

Founded: Jan 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Razzle Dazzle » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:55 am

Loch Sloy wrote:
North Prarie wrote:

Explain the logic to raiding to me then being new I equate it to light hearted greifing. I get that there will be nations and regions that fall inactive and that those would be fair game. Ours isn't inactive - we have a live founder, we are not involved in raiding others. So why raid?

The reasoning is that tag raids don't hurt anyone, improve technical skill, are a good way to teach people to jump and switch, and are useful for recruitment.

Loch Sloy wrote:Also isn't the whole of the WA one massive roleplay? That's how I'm approaching this.

Generally, the Security Council is treated as an OOC organisation, while the General Assembly is in-character.
I support Leviticus 19 : 27, do you?

Eluvatar wrote:Back in my day, we endotarted up-hill both ways in the snow! #DiscordsAreLazy
MALLORA AN RIV SHOULD RESIN

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:58 am

Loch Sloy wrote:
North Prarie wrote:

Also isn't the whole of the WA one massive roleplay? That's how I'm approaching this.

I dunno-why not? Raiding is fun, and they chose to attack your region. The SPSF doesn't choose their targets carefully. We just pick one. Plus, you guys shouldn't complain a ton. It's not like you guys are a thriving region with a ton of nations and the SPSF came and occupied and banjected natives. You're a region with 5 nations. The SPSF did a tag, and left. This happens to a ton of regions.
Also-You know that the region South Pacific Special Forces isn't the SPSF HQ, or associated at all with the SPSF, right? Condemn the South Pacific or Versaiiles Isle (the SPSF HQ/Jump Point) instead. As for proof for the big nations-Biscuit Raider is Aumeltopia.
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

Razzle Dazzle
Attaché

Founded: Jan 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Razzle Dazzle » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:03 am

North Prarie wrote:
Loch Sloy wrote:

I dunno-why not? Raiding is fun, and they chose to attack your region. The SPSF doesn't choose their targets carefully. We just pick one. Plus, you guys shouldn't complain a ton. It's not like you guys are a thriving region with a ton of nations and the SPSF came and occupied and banjected natives. You're a region with 5 nations. The SPSF did a tag, and left. This happens to a ton of regions.
Also-You know that the region South Pacific Special Forces isn't the SPSF HQ, or associated at all with the SPSF, right? Condemn the South Pacific or Versaiiles Isle (the SPSF HQ/Jump Point) instead. As for proof for the big nations-Biscuit Raider is Aumeltopia.

Hold on, are you suggesting he condemn Somyrion for being a raider? Now that's a resolution I want to see.
I support Leviticus 19 : 27, do you?

Eluvatar wrote:Back in my day, we endotarted up-hill both ways in the snow! #DiscordsAreLazy
MALLORA AN RIV SHOULD RESIN

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:05 am

"No."

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:11 am

Razzle Dazzle wrote:
North Prarie wrote:I dunno-why not? Raiding is fun, and they chose to attack your region. The SPSF doesn't choose their targets carefully. We just pick one. Plus, you guys shouldn't complain a ton. It's not like you guys are a thriving region with a ton of nations and the SPSF came and occupied and banjected natives. You're a region with 5 nations. The SPSF did a tag, and left. This happens to a ton of regions.

Hold on, are you suggesting he condemn Somyrion for being a raider? Now that's a resolution I want to see.

Yes. I want to see that.
#GetSomyACondemnation
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

Loch Sloy
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Loch Sloy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:36 am

Tinhampton wrote:
Loch Sloy wrote:Noting that South Pacific Special Forces directly orchestrated in an attempted coup in Monid Creiff;

Erm, no it didn't. Your region has an active founder (that's you!), meaning that your region is impervious from all raids except tag raids - the variety of raid that SPSF conducted on your region.

Also, I can't help but notice that your resolution is heavily taken from Condemn Union of Confederate Regions, which this august body will vote upon in about half an hour's time. The clauses (in blue) are ripped from Condemn UCR; there are also other bits in orange which have suffered a similar fate. You know that Rule 2a exists, right?

Hereby Condemns the Union of Confederate Regions.[/td][/tr][/table]
Sloy, you claim that "WA council and WA security council motions are kept out of the reach of smaller nations who have little to no chance of successfully tabling their own..." If, by this, you mean tabling your own proposal taken heavily from somebody else's ideas (which is what I'm seeing here), it is safe to say that New Ex Patria will hardly be impressed if he noticed that you were to just take his concepts - and some of his resolution text, even - outright. Plagiarism will get your nation booted from the WA (that's why I cited Rule 2a). None of the names you associate with World Assembly success - yes, that includes La Navasse/Vuon - thrive on theft as a successful tactic, mostly because it doesn't work.

Yes I am aware of the no plagiarism rule - and I freely admit I based mine on the Condemnation of the Union of Confederate Regions because it seemed a good model of the kind of thing I wanted to say. What I didn't do was post it to the WA claiming to be my own. I posted it here as a draft in the hope I would be able to get tips and pointers on how to change it.

Tinhampton wrote:you claim that "WA council and WA security council motions are kept out of the reach of smaller nations who have little to no chance of successfully tabling their own..." If, by this, you mean tabling your own proposal taken heavily from somebody else's ideas

no the text you partially quoted is this

Our current stance on the World Assembly is that WA council and WA security council motions are kept out of the reach of smaller nations who have little to no chance of successfully tabling their own proposals beyond regional level or having any effective say on the content of tabled global proposals - beyond the receipt of automatic mass mailings asking for their representatives' votes.
The logical conclusion for us is to coalesce with other regions, allowing all to hold more sway over WA proceedings than they would individually.

Which means exactly what it says - I doubt any motion our region tables would make it out of the proposal stage because we don't have enough clout compared to older/ more established regions.

Tinhampton wrote:one of the names you associate with World Assembly success - yes, that includes La Navasse/Vuon

Are you assuming I'm a long term player masquerading as a newbie? I'm not - I have not been around long enough to have role models anywhere.

As to what SPSF did - on an RP level foreign actors arrived and attempted to take the WA Delegate from the nation democratically selected by the region. To do this they needed an office in the regional government with suitable powers which they obtained by deceit- they were however citizens. So citizens subverting the existing political structures to gain political power.

On a meta level had I not been around I don't think they would have gone "Oh my bad" and put everything back the way it was before they came and then ban themselves from the region just because the other inhabitants asked them nicely to - they certainly don't seem to be doing that in the regions I've seen them in since.
Last edited by Loch Sloy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loch Sloy
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Loch Sloy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:48 am

North Prarie wrote:
I dunno-why not? Raiding is fun, and they chose to attack your region. The SPSF doesn't choose their targets carefully. We just pick one. Plus, you guys shouldn't complain a ton. It's not like you guys are a thriving region with a ton of nations and the SPSF came and occupied and banjected natives. You're a region with 5 nations. The SPSF did a tag, and left.

They didn't get as far as the tag and they didn't leave of their own free will I'm happy to say.

North Prarie wrote:Also-You know that the region South Pacific Special Forces isn't the SPSF HQ, or associated at all with the SPSF, right? Condemn the South Pacific or Versaiiles Isle (the SPSF HQ/Jump Point) instead. As for proof for the big nations-Biscuit Raider is Aumeltopia.

This is all new to me so I have no idea who anyone is tbh but thanks for the information.

Loch Sloy
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Loch Sloy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:56 am

Razzle Dazzle wrote:The reasoning is that tag raids don't hurt anyone, improve technical skill, are a good way to teach people to jump and switch, and are useful for recruitment.

Generally, the Security Council is treated as an OOC organisation, while the General Assembly is in-character.

OK thanks for explaining those points
Last edited by Loch Sloy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oakrugia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Oakrugia » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:02 am

Again, the SPSF is the interregional military of the South Pacific, hence the name "South Pacific Special Forces". Lily would rather be a separate independent region, since it is mostly allies with the SPSF.

Not only does SPSF raid, but on most of the times, they defend other regions for the sole purpose of LIBCORD: THE MAGICAL DEFENDER FORTRESS!

But really though, this proposal is weak and does not have any much detail to be condemned.
@Mad-Eye Jack, You have voted to lynch Hyungie Oak.
Hi, I'm Oak. I just returned to NationStates after being away for 5 years(?)
Bye.

Loch Sloy
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Loch Sloy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:15 am

Oakrugia wrote:really though, this proposal is weak and does not have any much detail to be condemned.

What would you suggest I do to make it stronger?

The Condemnations I've seen so far tend to be very generic in nature with lots of calls to high ideals but not overly much on specifics facts

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:21 am

Tinhampton wrote:

Condemn South Pacific Special Forces, by Loch SloyCondemn Union of Confederate Regions, by New Ex Patria
The Security Council,

Noting that South Pacific Special Forces directly orchestrated in an attempted coup in Monid Crieff;

Averse to the way in which South Pacific Special Forces has used its resources; as a tool to raid and continues to raid regions.

Dissentient to South Pacific Special Forces , which attempts the destruction of democracy within NationStates and the attempted removal of opponents to the whims of its personal agenda.

Concerned that currently its continuing efforts have been launched in regions abroad, further expanding the destructive influence of this region.

Abhorred and angered by the exceptional contempt displayed by South Pacific Special Forces, for the right of regions to self determination in NationStates.

Believing that it is the right of nations and regions to ensure they avoid South Pacific Special Forces and its toxic agenda.

Hereby Condemns South Pacific Special Forces .
The Security Council,

Noting that the Union of Confederate Regions is several years old and at the time of the composition of this resolution has over 400 nations, however;

Averse to the way in which the Union of Confederate Regions has used its resources; as a tool to raid helpless regions at various points across its history.

Dissentient to the Union of Confederate Region's state ideology of 'Conventism', which advocates the destruction of democracy within NationStates and the removal of opponents to state policy.

Concerned that in recent times, state-sponsored efforts to spread the ideology of 'Conventism' have been launched in regions abroad, expanding the destructive influence of this region.

Abhorred by the exceptional arrogance displayed by the Union, attempting to assert that they are the only region of worth on NationStates.

Angered that for over two years, the Union of Confederate Regions stood as one of the closest allies and benefactors of the fascist region KAISERREICH, previously liberated by SC#245 Liberate Kaiserreich for their advocation of fascism and use of Nazi propaganda.

Believing that it is the right of nations and regions to ensure they avoid the Union of Confederate Regions and its harmful antics.

Hereby Condemns the Union of Confederate Regions.

I'm with Tinhampton on this one.
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council