NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Condemn La Navasse

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Forestavia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Forestavia » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:27 am

Against.
While I have to admit there is a small part of me that would just love to condemn Lenlyvit and La Navasse for the atrocities they have inspired, the Security Council is not the place to do it. I tend to look at it this way: these nations have presented proposals to the SC, the world voted on them, the chips have fallen where they have fallen. Do we really need to persecute the nations who passed immoral proposals by giving them more publicity?

I think we would be better off in this chamber to spend our time making the case to the rest of the world as to why these types of offensive neoliberations are so wrong. We ought to spend our time making the case to the world as to why we need to repeal the KAISERREICH and Nazi Europa "liberations". And we need to also stand our ground against the passage of any more of these so-called "liberations" any time anyone proposes one.

But more importantly, this condemnation is a distraction from our true goals here in the Security Council! We need to refocus on helping natives who are losing their homes to occupiers. All this condemnation does is rehash the old arguments from the so-called "liberations".

Let's not waste the world's time condemning nations who propose controversial things.

Previous

Return to Security Council