NATION

PASSWORD

Alright, lets get down to business...

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Alright, lets get down to business...

Postby Todd McCloud » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Seeing as there's been a lot of talk about how C&C's should be structured, I figured we should have a clean thread exclusive to that talk. All I ask is we keep it on topic and try to work toward a common goal: getting on the same page without turning this into a slugfest.

What do you think of C&C's? Honestly, I like the vagueness. Why? Well, who are C&C's for? The player or region, naturally, as it looks nice and is kind of fancy. But I think it's really for description. The average NSer may not know the story behind a character or a region, and the badge provides a link to a little bit about that player or region. But it doesn't have to be specific - on the contrary, so long as it serves its purpose as a general statement, it is built fine. It could be specific, especially when it is applied to specific events attached to the player, but all in all, generalizations work.

Rules... perhaps we should review the current WA rules. Bear with me, this is not my area of expertise, and if I mess up in the interpretation, feel free to let me know. I'll go down the violations list compiled in this thread.

Game Mechanics - this may or may not be changed, as their is a thread about using WA resolutions to liberate oppressed regions.
Army, Police, SWAT, etc - Don't apply
Ideological Bans - Don't apply

MetaGaming - I really, really do believe this will be changed. I can see metagaming working for regions, if only a little, and almost hand-in-hand with individual C&C's. I mean, we're commending a nation, but, for example, what has the nation of Kandarin done that is outstanding, in comparison to the player behind the nation? I suppose we could keep it at only naming the nation, and omitting any other subjects (he, she, her, etc), but even that is difficult. I really believe the metagaming violation will have to be compromised here.
Creating Stuff- Doesn't apply
Optionality - Don't apply here, but should stand if it's questioned.

Format - essential, but I don't see changes made here.
Real World Violations - doesn't change, but if metagaming is allowed, it will only be for the individual player commended or condemned.
Category - don't apply
Repeals - handled outside of SC.
Amendments - don't apply.
House of Cards - can't be done, to my knowledge.
Strength Violation - don't apply
Jokes, Grossly Offensive, stupid, etc - should remain the same.

Pimping - All for not spamming RMB's
Stealing - stays the same.

So obviously there are rules which don't apply, some which stay the same, and some which could be changed. Maybe we could add another rule, but I suppose that is the beauty of the debate. Any thoughts?
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005

Re: Alright, lets get down to business...

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:20 pm

Has everyone forgotten this thread?
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Has everyone forgotten this thread?

Nope, I was just about to suggest we take this over there. :)

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Yeah, in my moment of zen I missed that thread. We could either continue it there, or start something here. Up to the floor.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:52 pm

*sends Todd a hug and a link*

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:21 am

Suggestion: Pan-regional griefing (Macedon as example), use GHR should the rules be re-introduced.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:49 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Suggestion: Pan-regional griefing (Macedon as example), use GHR should the rules be re-introduced.

I'm sure I'm missing something incredibly basic to WA parlance, but I am not familiar with the acronym.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:36 am

"Getting Help Request" - but the suggestion makes no sense even without the moderation lingo. Can we have a lock on this thread, maybe?
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council