NATION

PASSWORD

[WITHDRAWN] Liberate Westphalia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

[WITHDRAWN] Liberate Westphalia

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:48 am

Liberate Westphalia

A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.

Category: Liberation | Nominee (region): Westphalia | Proposed by: Cormactopia Prime

The Security Council:

Observing that Westphalia is a peaceful region, does not engage in the invasion or defense of other regions, and remains neutral in interregional conflicts;

Noting that The Black Hawks, assisted by numerous other forces, have invaded Westphalia and are engaged in a long-term occupation of the region;

Recalling that The Black Hawks have a long history of occupying vulnerable regions for the purpose of displacing their native communities, barring free entry, and permanently claiming those regions as their own territory, a history for which they have twice been condemned by this Security Council;

Recognizing with great alarm that The Black Hawks are showing all the signs of preparing to engage in the aforementioned process of conquering Westphalia, signs which include a massive build-up of military forces in the region, displacement of natives, and insistence that participating military forces quickly remove non-essential forces which are no longer contributing to the operation;

Acknowledging that hostile forces have publicly spoken in favor of conquering Westphalia, and that the Field Marshal of The Black Hawks has openly questioned the wisdom of the Security Council failing to pass a previous proposal to liberate Westphalia;

Rejecting any notion that the Security Council should delay any longer in providing relief to the native community of Westphalia;

Asserting that the invading Delegate should be prevented from barring free entry to the region as soon as possible, making conquest of Westphalia much more difficult for The Black Hawks, if not impossible;

Hereby Liberates Westphalia.

I'll be submitting this sooner rather than later (read: within the next 24-48 hours), so suggestions should be posted as soon as possible.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:54 am

Much better written than the first try at this, I will support.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:04 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Observing that Westphalia is a peaceful region, does not engage in the invasion or defense of other regions, and remains neutral in interregional conflicts;

I know you've worded this quite carefully to play on the claim that they've never deployed their own troops, even if they've been defender aligned, so I'm not expecting much out of this, but...let me restate some key points here.

- Westphalia was a proud member of SWORD, an active defender organization.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:As others, said, SWORD replaced it with functionally similar membership.

(Image)

Westphalia was proud in their proclamation of SWORD membership, and recruitment for it.

SWORD has been fairly active in defenses. By their own account: https://swordns.icyboards.net/showthread.php?tid=16

As a member of SWORD (and indeed, FORGE before it), Westphalia is a region with strong and publicly proclaimed defender ties. Hence, the challenge both here and in the WFE, for SWORD to protect their own.

- The prior attempt to liberate Westphalia, written by a native and co-written by a close ally, explicitly acknowledged their defender alignment.

Etlara wrote:Reminding the international community that Westphalia is easily one of the largest openly Defender-oriented regions,

Even allowing you your very specific wording for the first claim to stand, I'd argue that being clearly defender-aligned rebukes the idea that they could be "neutral in international conflicts." Would you have considered FRA members neutral, merely because they did not deploy troops? When you've actively joined a militant defender alliance, you're declaring a side.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Even allowing you your very specific wording for the first claim to stand, I'd argue that being clearly defender-aligned rebukes the idea that they could be "neutral in international conflicts." Would you have considered FRA members neutral, merely because they did not deploy troops? When you've actively joined a militant defender alliance, you're declaring a side.

They may have technically chosen an ideological side, but as you've acknowledged, they don't deploy forces. Therefore, everything I said in the first clause is accurate: They're a peaceful region, they don't engage in the invasion or defense of other regions, and they remain neutral in interregional conflicts.

In regard to your question about the FRA, the FRA was a serious defender organization and regions knew what they were getting themselves into when they joined it. I'm not sure the same is true of SWORD. I forgot SWORD existed until The Black Hawks raided Westphalia and made SWORD the pretext of the invasion. To say that it's irrelevant in interregional politics and conflicts would be an understatement. So no, I don't think mere membership in SWORD makes Westphalia a defender region or justifies The Black Hawks griefing Westphalia. If I thought the latter, this draft wouldn't exist.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:30 pm

On second thought, I've decided to withdraw this draft. I just honestly don't care anymore.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:13 am

May I have it?
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Moctezuma
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Moctezuma » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:15 pm

Might actually want to do something here. Westphalia has been passworded.

Trumpsupporter
Secretary

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumpsupporter » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Another resolution attempt will be running against deep territory. It's already failed once so whoever campaigns for it will have to run hard for it.

Oakrugia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Oakrugia » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Moctezuma wrote:Might actually want to do something here. Westphalia has been passworded.

So what if it’s passworded? It still can be un-passworded if it was liberated by the proposal. Haven’t you read about liberations?
@Mad-Eye Jack, You have voted to lynch Hyungie Oak.
Hi, I'm Oak. I just returned to NationStates after being away for 5 years(?)
Bye.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Oakrugia wrote:
Moctezuma wrote:Might actually want to do something here. Westphalia has been passworded.

So what if it’s passworded? It still can be un-passworded if it was liberated by the proposal. Haven’t you read about liberations?
That’s the point of what they said.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council