NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Tim-Opolis

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:03 pm

Love or loathe Tim, you have to admit he has been one of the larger movers and shakers of GP for over half a decade. Throw in some UDL fluff and other defender accomplishments (he has many) and you'll be well on your way to a debatable proposal. There is also a lot more to be told about Spiritus as well, I'd imagine.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:24 am

Version 4 has been added to the original post.
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:39 pm

I have no problem with a commend of Tim, but the stuff about being VD in TNP turns it into a joke. Build up other areas, take that bit out.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:29 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:I have no problem with a commend of Tim, but the stuff about being VD in TNP turns it into a joke. Build up other areas, take that bit out.
That seems fair, seeing as how Tim himself doesn't like it. Speaking of that, we should make Mall Delegate of TNP :p
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I have no problem with a commend of Tim, but the stuff about being VD in TNP turns it into a joke. Build up other areas, take that bit out.
That seems fair, seeing as how Tim himself doesn't like it. Speaking of that, we should make Mall Delegate of TNP :p

While I don't disagree, let's save that for another thread :p
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Version 5 released.
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Tim was also Speaker of the Assembly in TRR, a job I’m rather fond of, seeing as how it’s mine now :p
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 am

Fauxia wrote:Tim was also Speaker of the Assembly in TRR, a job I’m rather fond of, seeing as how it’s mine now :p

I told you myself there were more impressive things done by Tim. Maybe I'll add that in place of the TNP thing everyone hated when I release version six.
Statsminister of Balder

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:15 pm

Vulturret wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Tim was also Speaker of the Assembly in TRR, a job I’m rather fond of, seeing as how it’s mine now :p

I told you myself there were more impressive things done by Tim. Maybe I'll add that in place of the TNP thing everyone hated when I release version six.
I mean, it’s not super impressive, and wasn’t free of controversy. Wait, we’re commending Tim. Of course he’s not free of controversy, it’s literally Tim. We commend him for controversy. But it does kinda show he’s helped out in a lot of regions

Fratt
Attaché

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratt » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:18 pm

I don't think that serving as Speaker of TRR or Vice-Delegate of TNP is in itself - or even cumulatively with similar positions held elsewhere - an "outstanding contribution" to NationStates. :P
A spambot wrote:
You said that the NPO should not change it's core culture.

Literally everyone else, including the NPO, realizes and understands that NPO culture is the problem.
I'm sure these are the best towel warmers and it will come in handy here.
So you either don't realize that the NPO's core culture caused a war and the subversion of countless regions, or you just don't care.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Fratt wrote:I don't think that serving as Speaker of TRR or Vice-Delegate of TNP is in itself - or even cumulatively with similar positions held elsewhere - an "outstanding contribution" to NationStates. :P

That's not the whole thing. There's many different parts to the equation, such as positions held, and SC resolutions authored, among various other things.
Statsminister of Balder

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:43 pm

Vulturret wrote:
Fratt wrote:I don't think that serving as Speaker of TRR or Vice-Delegate of TNP is in itself - or even cumulatively with similar positions held elsewhere - an "outstanding contribution" to NationStates. :P

That's not the whole thing. There's many different parts to the equation, such as positions held, and SC resolutions authored, among various other things.
Eh, he does have a point, I guess.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Vulturret wrote:That's not the whole thing. There's many different parts to the equation, such as positions held, and SC resolutions authored, among various other things.
Eh, he does have a point, I guess.

Who, Me or Fratt?
Statsminister of Balder

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Vulturret wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Eh, he does have a point, I guess.

Who, Me or Fratt?
Fratt, it’s not such a major position.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Vulturret wrote:Who, Me or Fratt?
Fratt, it’s not such a major position.

There is nothing wrong listing something like that as a part of what the players contributions to the game have been. Just because someone doesn't think that particular thing is commendable doesn't mean that you can't include it in a larger list of activities. It has been done plenty in the past.
Last edited by Feux on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Feux wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Fratt, it’s not such a major position.

There is nothing wrong listing something like that as a part of what the players contributions to the game have been. Just because someone doesn't think that particular thing is commendable doesn't mean that you can't include it in a larger list of activities. It has been done plenty in the past.

Fair enough.
Statsminister of Balder

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Vulturret wrote:
Feux wrote:There is nothing wrong listing something like that as a part of what the players contributions to the game have been. Just because someone doesn't think that particular thing is commendable doesn't mean that you can't include it in a larger list of activities. It has been done plenty in the past.

Fair enough.
Maybe mention that with VDelegate of TNP in a line mentioning other positions held briefly

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:57 am

Fauxia wrote:
Vulturret wrote:Fair enough.
Maybe mention that with VDelegate of TNP in a line mentioning other positions held briefly

Yes. That would work.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Vulturret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:32 am

Will release a new version this afternoon, I've been busy.
Statsminister of Balder

Sad-States
Envoy

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sad-States » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:25 am

I for one, am definitely for this.

Tim is a great gameplayer, he's done a lot in his career both; in gameplay and in regional governments, plus he also kept my old region of Audaxia safe during my time away from NS. Not to mention, I was also back on NS for nearly three months (only sticking in small regions at the time during the month of November 2017) so he could have easily allowed Audaxia as a region to CTE, but he didn't and I'm thankful for that. :)
Last edited by Sad-States on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
- Former Magister to The East Pacific | Former Officer to the EPSA | Former Officer of HR to The Rejected Realms | -
- Former Evocatus to Legio Pacifica -
Proud Warden to the Order of The Grey Wardens
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Vulturret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:52 am

Sad-States wrote:I for one, am definitely for this.

Tim is a great gameplayer, he's done a lot in his career both; in gameplay and in regional governments, plus he also kept my old region of Audaxia safe during my time away from NS. Not to mention, I was also back on NS for nearly three months (only sticking in small regions at the time during the month of November 2017) so he could have easily allowed Audaxia as a region to CTE, but he didn't and I'm thankful for that. :)

Yep, I'm going to add that and some more about Greece in the next version.
Statsminister of Balder

Ikania
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ikania » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:56 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:My responsibility first and foremost was the security of the region. Jesus Whale was an active threat that threatened said security. The threat was dispatched and, despite my differences with the present government of Osiris, there is no questioning that the aftermath of the peacekeeping measure involving Jesus Whale led to unprecedented levels of stability and security for a GCR that was previously best known for being the most unstable and volatile of the GCRs.

I love you Tim, but this is a bold-faced lie. The coup of Osiris is more worthy of a condemnation to all involved than anything.
Ike Speardane
Executive Advisor in The League.
Proud soldier in the service of The Grey Wardens.
Three-time Defendervision winner. NSG Senate veteran.
Knuckle-dragging fuckstick from a backwater GCR. #SPRDNZ
Land Value Tax would fix this
СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ

Vulturret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Ikania wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:My responsibility first and foremost was the security of the region. Jesus Whale was an active threat that threatened said security. The threat was dispatched and, despite my differences with the present government of Osiris, there is no questioning that the aftermath of the peacekeeping measure involving Jesus Whale led to unprecedented levels of stability and security for a GCR that was previously best known for being the most unstable and volatile of the GCRs.

I love you Tim, but this is a bold-faced lie. The coup of Osiris is more worthy of a condemnation to all involved than anything.

Yup, I mean, I'm commending because there are more commendable things than condemnable things, but if I was allowed to operative clauses, I'd certainly commend and condemn.
Statsminister of Balder

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Yeah, at this point I kinda think it’s that commendations and condemnations don’t really mean different things, and they are mainly just recognitions. The coup of Osiris is worth mentioning, even if it isn’t commendable

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:15 am

Can someone please put a space between [Draft] and Commend
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council