NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Tim-Opolis

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Commend Tim-Opolis

Postby Vulturret » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:55 pm

I'd like to preface the introduction of this by saying that while I don't necessarily always agree with everything Tim does, Security Council commendations are deserved for nations who have had a tenure on this website that has truly impacted the game in many ways. While others may disagree with me, I think Tim truly meets (exceeds even) all of the standard requirements for being commended by the
Security Council. I will fully cooperate with him in the event he wishes not to be commended.

The Security Council,

Recognizing commendations to be for those nations who have made a meaningful positive impact on the world,

Believing that Tim-Opolis has made a large impact on the world in many capacities,

Recognizing Tim-Opolis as the founder of Spiritus, a large and influential region, that serves as home to many influential nations,

Noting the multiple reigns of Tim-Opolis as Pharaoh and Delegate of Osiris via its associate Tim Stark, where it helped to shape much of the region's face in the world,

Appreciating that Tim Stark now serves as Minister of Foreign Affairs in the South Pacific, where it implemented a program to expand the ability of citizens to serve as ambassadors,

Acknowledging Tim-Opolis for its authorship of four Security Council resolutions, including in SC#74, "Condemn Lone Wolves United", which warned the Security Council of a region that had couped multiple large regions,

Thanking Tim-Opolisfor its maintenance of the roster of passed Security Council resolutions on the Security Council's associated forum, which has been an invaluable resource to countless individuals,

Aware of the critical part Tim-Opolis played in the refounding of Greece, a troubled region liberated by this Council that ended several years of strife,

Impressed by the resume of Tim-Opolis as a powerful defender, formerly serving as High Constable and now as Warden-Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens one of the world's largest defender regions under its associate nation, Tim,

Recognizing that Tim-Opolis played a key part in the creation of the Spiritus Defender Force (SDF) which serves as an active defender military defending native regions from invasions,

Believing that such achievements warrant recognition by the Security Council,

Hereby commends Tim-Opolis

Co-authored by Fauxia

The Security Council,

Recognizing commendations to be for those nations who have made a meaningful positive impact on the world,

Believing that Tim-Opolis has made a large impact to the world in many capacities,

Recognizing Tim-Opolis as the founder of Spiritus, a large and influential region, that serves as home to many influential nations,

Noting the multiple reigns of Tim-Opolis as Pharaoh and Delegate of Osiris via its associate Tim Stark, where it helped to shape much of the region's face in the world,

Appreciating that Tim Stark now serves as Minister of Foreign Affairs in the South Pacific, where it implemented a program to expand the ability of citizens to serve as ambassadors,

Acknowledging Tim-Opolis for its authorship of four Security Council resolutions, including in SC#74, "Condemn Lone Wolves United", which warned the Security Council of a region that had couped multiple large regions,

Thanking Tim-Opolis for its maintenance of the roster of passed Security Council resolutions on the Security Council's associated forum, which has been an invaluable resource to countless individuals,

Aware of the critical part Tim-Opolis played in the refounding of Greece, a troubled region liberated by this Council that ended several years of strife,

Impressed by the resume of Tim-Opolis as a powerful defender, formerly serving as High Constable and now as Warden-Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens, one of the world's largest defender regions,

Co-authored by Fauxia

The Security Council,

Believing that Tim-Opolis has made a large impact to the world in many capacities,

Recalling the service of Tim-Opolis as Vice-Delegate to The North Pacific, currently the largest region in the world, where it headed the Security Council, a body that works tirelessly to keep the region secure and defend against coups to its democracy,

Thanking Tim-Opolis for its maintenance of the roster of passed Security Council resolutions on the Security Council's associated forum, which has been an invaluable resource to countless individuals,

Impressed by the resume of Tim-Opolis as a powerful defender, formerly serving as High Constable and now as Warden-Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens, one of the world's largest defender regions,

Co-authored by Fauxia

The Security Council,

Recognizing that Security Council commendations are for those nations who have made a truly meaningful impact on the world,

Noting that Tim-Opolis has made a large impact on the world in many capacities, including:
  • The founding of Spiritus, now one of the largest and most influential regions in NationStates, which now serves as a home to many important nations.
  • The service of Tim-Opolis to The North Pacific, the largest region in the world, where it served a long tenure as Vice-Delegate, where it headed the Security Council, a body that works tirelessly to keep the region secure and defend against coups to its democracy.
  • Serving as Delegate and Pharaoh of Osiris, under the nation Tim Stark, for nearly a year. While its tenure as delegate there was controversial, the rule of Tim in Osiris impacted the region significantly in many ways.
  • Tim Stark also currently serves as Minister of Foreign Affairs of The South Pacific, where it implemented a program to expand the ability of citizens to serve as ambassadors.
  • Authoring four Security Council resolutions, including SC #74: "Condemn Lone Wolves United, after many were appalled at that region's coup of many GCR governments. In addition, it has passed three additional resolutions; SC #203: Liberate Eternal Scholars, SC #222: Repeal 'Condemn Canterlot,' and SC #238: Repeal 'Liberate Dank Memes,' while co-authoring SC #191, all five of which have had notable impacts on NationStates and the Security Council.
  • In addition to this, Tim-Opolis maintains the roster of passed Security Council resolutions, which has been an invaluable resource to countless individuals.
  • Through all of this, Tim-Opolis, an excellent defender, also served as a Warden-Commander and High Constable, in The Order of the Grey Wardens, one of the most powerful defending organizations in the world.

Believing the achievements of Tim-Opolis to be monumental in establishing much of the modern political makeup of the world,

The Security Council,

Recognizing that Security Council commendations are for those nations who have made a truly meaningful impact on the world,

Noting that Tim-Opolis has made a large impact on the world in many capacities, including:
  • The founding of Spiritus, now one of the largest and most influential regions in NationStates, which now serves as a home to many important nations.
  • The service of Tim-Opolis to The North Pacific, the largest region in the world, where it served a long tenure as Vice-Delegate, where it headed the Security Council, a body that works tirelessly to keep the region secure and defend against coups to its democracy.
  • Serving as Delegate and Pharaoh of Osiris, under the nation Tim Stark, for nearly a year. While its tenure as delegate there was controversial, the rule of Tim in Osiris impacted the region significantly in many ways.
  • Tim Stark also currently serves as Minister of Foreign Affairs of The South Pacific, where he implemented a program to expand the ability of citizens to serve as ambassadors.
  • Authoring four Security Council resolutions, including SC #74: "Condemn Lone Wolves United, after many were appalled at that region's coup of many GCR governments. In addition, it has passed three additional resolutions; SC #203: Liberate Eternal Scholars, SC #222: Repeal 'Condemn Canterlot,' and SC #238: Repeal 'Liberate Dank Memes,' while co-authoring SC #191, all five of which have had notable impacts on NationStates and the Security Council.
  • In addition to this, Tim-Opolis maintains the roster of passed Security Council resolutions, which has been an invaluable resource to countless individuals.
  • Through all of this, Tim-Opolis, an excellent defender, also served as a Warden-Commander and High Constable, in The Order of the Grey Wardens, one of the most powerful defending organizations in the world.

Believing the achievements of Tim-Opolis to be monumental in establishing much of the modern political makeup of the world,

The Security Council,

Recognizing that Security Council commendations are for those nations who have made a truly meaningful impact on sNationState,

• The founding of Spiritus, now one of the largest and most influential user-created regions in NationStates, which now serves as a home to many important nations.
  • The service of Tim-Opolis to The North Pacific, the largest region in the world, where he served a long tenure as Vice-Delegate, where he headed the Security Council, a body that works tirelessly to keep the region secure and defend against coups to its democracy.
  • Serving as Delegate and Pharaoh of Osiris, and while his tenure as delegate there was controversial, the rule of Tim in Osiris impacted the region significantly in many ways.
  • Tim-Opolis also currently serves as Minister of Foreign Affairs of The South Pacific, where he implemented a program to expand the ability of citizens to serve as ambassadors.
  • Tim-Opolis has authored four Security Council resolutions, and co-authored another, significant achievements on their own.
  • Through all of this, Tim-Opolis also served as a Warden-Commander, helping to lead The Order of the Grey Wardens, undoubtedly the most powerful defending organization in the world.

Further realizing that these are monumental achievements, notes the significant impact he has made on NationStates, and

If anyone has any further suggestions for how to edit wording or information to make the argument for this commendation more compelling, please let me know.
Last edited by Vulturret on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:50 am, edited 10 times in total.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:05 pm

*smiles*
Nice :)
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Your TSP tag isn't complete, and neither is this. It's a start but I think there's a wholeee lot of more info can be given out for Tim's record in R/D & other things he's done in GCRs. It's a start but there's a long way to go :)
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:31 pm

There's a lot of rule violations. Rule 4(c): (c) You cannot refer to the game, or events or actions in it, as part of a game. I'm for commending Tim, as he's definitely worthy of it, but you need some work on this. Instead of saying "game" try replacing it with either "NationStates" or "The World" and see how it turns out.
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:46 pm

Kanglia wrote:Your TSP tag isn't complete, and neither is this. It's a start but I think there's a wholeee lot of more info can be given out for Tim's record in R/D & other things he's done in GCRs. It's a start but there's a long way to go :)

Fixed. This is just a draft, I'm always looking for more information. :)

Lenlyvit wrote:There's a lot of rule violations. Rule 4(c): (c) You cannot refer to the game, or events or actions in it, as part of a game. I'm for commending Tim, as he's definitely worthy of it, but you need some work on this. Instead of saying "game" try replacing it with either "NationStates" or "The World" and see how it turns out.

Oh shit, yeah, I'll fix that. I was being too careless.
Last edited by Vulturret on Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Vulturret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:49 pm

I've updated to follow that rule. Does that look good, Len?
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:17 pm

Vulturret wrote:I've updated to follow that rule. Does that look good, Len?

Yep, should change this though:
Tim-Opolis has authored forfour Security Council resolutions, and co-authored another, significant achievements on their own.

And possibly word it a little better.
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:09 pm

Lenlyvit wrote:
Vulturret wrote:I've updated to follow that rule. Does that look good, Len?

Yep, should change this though:
Tim-Opolis has authored forfour Security Council resolutions, and co-authored another, significant achievements on their own.

And possibly word it a little better.

Will do, I didn't notice that. Don't know how. :eyebrow:
Statsminister of Balder

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:10 am

Put in the part where Tim abandoned TNP to go on a mission for the UDL while he was VD, resigning without telling anyone and ultimately not succeeding in the mission :p
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:21 am

And his coup of Osiris :p

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 am

Or his second term as Pharaoh when his first action was pushing to allow Biyah (among others) back into Osiris.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Put in the part where Tim abandoned TNP to go on a mission for the UDL while he was VD, resigning without telling anyone and ultimately not succeeding in the mission :p

There's a reason I told him in Discord that my bit of TNP isn't Commendable. 15 Year Old Tim was a fucking dumbass. The fact that he somehow managed to find my Vice Delegacy without finding that drama is impressive. It's also impressive that I somehow managed to stumble my way into the Vice Delegacy, but I did have the fortune of running against someone even less qualified for the role than myself.

Jakker wrote:Or his second term as Pharaoh when his first action was pushing to allow Biyah (among others) back into Osiris.

I know I'm not supposed to post in my commendation thread, but I'm not one for decorum and your comment seems just a tad oversalted.

I'm sorry, I think you mean providing general amnesty for a number of Osirans, including multiple who have since then proven immense dedication to the region and have been paramount in the establishment of today's stability within Osiris. I'm a fan of symbolic actions, turning of a new leaf and all that. After all, Jakker, let's not forget that you also tried to coup Osiris and they even let you become a Forum Admin in the OFO. Treize Dreizehn did coup and was still allowed to return, providing unquestionable dedication to the OFO in his post-return positions. Hell, I was initially banned from the OFO, was pardoned, and to this day still have served as Osiris Delegate longer than any other person. Yes, I successfully saw a general pardon pass through the Deshret which unbanned Biyah, Dalimbar, Neenee, Neo Kervoskia, Madjack, and Cormac. For many of them, Osiris was their home still. I wasn't keen on being a hypocrite and running a region and regime of second chancers without applying the second chance policy to those who were still banned on IC Grounds. Yeah, Biyah was later banned for OOC Offenses by Pharaoh Neo Kervoskia. That ban was the right choice, just like I continue to believe the initial general pardon was the right choice.

Now, I realize you're probably still bitter because you sided with the glaring coup threat that was Jesus Whale, but that's not my problem. There was a threat, it was dealt with.

Lenlyvit wrote:And his coup of Osiris

My responsibility first and foremost was the security of the region. Jesus Whale was an active threat that threatened said security. The threat was dispatched and, despite my differences with the present government of Osiris, there is no questioning that the aftermath of the peacekeeping measure involving Jesus Whale led to unprecedented levels of stability and security for a GCR that was previously best known for being the most unstable and volatile of the GCRs.
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Vulturret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:07 pm

I do realize that some of the things Tim has done that are listed weren't nesscacarily good. I obviously haven't done enough digging in order to find actions that'd be more fit for a proper commendation. I'll continue to ask individuals for more things done by Tim that would fit more in the "Commend" category. Despite his wrongdoing in some cases, I still do think the good deeds done by Tim are enough to merit a commendation by the Security Council. I don't plan on this being the final version by any means, I still think a lot of revision will need to be done before it could be close to suitable for submission. This is just version one, and y'all can expect many more revisions to come before my work here is complete.
Statsminister of Balder

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:47 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Jakker wrote:Or his second term as Pharaoh when his first action was pushing to allow Biyah (among others) back into Osiris.

I know I'm not supposed to post in my commendation thread, but I'm not one for decorum and your comment seems just a tad oversalted.

I'm sorry, I think you mean providing general amnesty for a number of Osirans, including multiple who have since then proven immense dedication to the region and have been paramount in the establishment of today's stability within Osiris. I'm a fan of symbolic actions, turning of a new leaf and all that. After all, Jakker, let's not forget that you also tried to coup Osiris and they even let you become a Forum Admin in the OFO. Treize Dreizehn did coup and was still allowed to return, providing unquestionable dedication to the OFO in his post-return positions. Hell, I was initially banned from the OFO, was pardoned, and to this day still have served as Osiris Delegate longer than any other person. Yes, I successfully saw a general pardon pass through the Deshret which unbanned Biyah, Dalimbar, Neenee, Neo Kervoskia, Madjack, and Cormac. For many of them, Osiris was their home still. I wasn't keen on being a hypocrite and running a region and regime of second chancers without applying the second chance policy to those who were still banned on IC Grounds. Yeah, Biyah was later banned for OOC Offenses by Pharaoh Neo Kervoskia. That ban was the right choice, just like I continue to believe the initial general pardon was the right choice.

Now, I realize you're probably still bitter because you sided with the glaring coup threat that was Jesus Whale, but that's not my problem. There was a threat, it was dealt with.

I'm not salty about anything. Nor is my history with Osiris relevant here. :P I'm just saying Biyah was not a good person to let back into the region based on his behavior before the fact and after the fact. That is an objective fact. Therefore, your move to get him back in would be a knock against a commendation.

Based on your last few posts on the forum and off the forum to me, you seem to have quite the large stick up your ass as of late. Maybe you should take it easy :P
Last edited by Jakker on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:53 pm

I see an R4 violation (his)

Agree with Lenly. Needs work, but Tim is a good candidate.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Here. Strikes in red, text in blue,
The Security Council,

Recognizing that Security Council commendations are for those nations who have made a truly meaningful impact on sNationState the world,
While legal, I don’t like the use of “NationStates”

• The founding of Spiritus, now one of the largest and most influential user-created regions
I believe that is a violation of R4(c), though I could be wrong
in NationStates the world
Again, I don’t like this
, which now serves as a home to many important nations.
  • The service of Tim-Opolis to The North Pacific, the largest region in the world, where he it
  • That was a R4(b) violation.
    served a long tenure as Vice-Delegate, where he it headed the Security Council, a body that works tirelessly to keep the region secure and defend against coups to its democracy.
  • Serving as Delegate and Pharaoh of Osiris, and while his its tenure as delegate there was controversial, the rule of Tim in Osiris impacted the region significantly in many ways.
  • I also think perhaps you should mention that this was via Tim Stark to prevent confusion. And refer to him as either Tim-Opolis or Tim Stark in the last sentence here.
  • Tim-Opolis also currently serves as Minister of Foreign Affairs of The South Pacific, where he it implemented a program to expand the ability of citizens to serve as ambassadors.
  • Again, under
    Tim Stark
  • Tim-Opolis has authored four Security Council resolutions, and co-authored another, significant achievements on their own. Authoring four Security Council resolutions, including [insert random propaganda about one here], while also co-authoring SC #191.
  • In addition to this, Tim-Opolis maintains the roster of passed Security Council resolutions, which has been an invaluable resource to countless individuals. Maintaining the roster of passed Security Council resolutions, a resource that has greatly aided aspiring authors,
  • Through all of this, Tim-Opolis also served as a Warden-Commander, helping to lead The Order of the Grey Wardens, undoubtedlyone of the most powerful defending organizations in the world.
  • Tim has been higher than that- he was High Constable when he got kicked out of Osiris. You could mention “serving as Warden-Commander and High Constable,” or just mention being a very successful defender. Or both.

Further realizing that these are monumental achievements, notes the significant impact he has made on NationStates, and Believing the achievements of Tim-Opolis to be monumental in establishing much of the modern political makeup of the world,

There we go. Remember, “he” is not R4(b) compliant
    Last edited by Fauxia on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
    My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Vulturret
    Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:11 am

Fauxia wrote:Snip.

Fauxia, let me start by thanking you for the suggestions and noting all of my rule violations. :P I'm quite new to the entire concept of writing things for the Security Council, and I obviously should've read the rules before I decided to introduce something so controversial. I recognize there are errors both with the content and the rules of the proposal in its current form. I plan to take all of these things into consideration and release a version number two sometime later today. Thanks a lot to everyone who has supported this proposal and made all sorts of useful suggestions about it. Your help is very much appreciated, and I'm so grateful that you're willing to help some SC noob. Thanks, guys :D
    Last edited by Vulturret on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Statsminister of Balder

Fauxia
    Senator

Postby Fauxia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:19 pm

Vulturret wrote:
    Fauxia wrote:Snip.

Fauxia, let me start by thanking you for the suggestions and noting all of my rule violations. :P I'm quite new to the entire concept of writing things for the Security Council, and I obviously should've read the rules before I decided to introduce something so controversial. I recognize there are errors both with the content and the rules of the proposal in its current form. I plan to take all of these things into consideration and release a version number two sometime later today. Thanks a lot to everyone who has supported this proposal and made all sorts of useful suggestions about it. Your help is very much appreciated, and I'm so grateful that you're willing to help some SC noob. Thanks, guys :D
    Don’t take it personally, I didn’t mean offense. Hard love is how you get these things to tip-top condition. Don’t get discouraged by it, keep going until ready

Vulturret
    Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Fauxia wrote:
    Vulturret wrote:Fauxia, let me start by thanking you for the suggestions and noting all of my rule violations. :P I'm quite new to the entire concept of writing things for the Security Council, and I obviously should've read the rules before I decided to introduce something so controversial. I recognize there are errors both with the content and the rules of the proposal in its current form. I plan to take all of these things into consideration and release a version number two sometime later today. Thanks a lot to everyone who has supported this proposal and made all sorts of useful suggestions about it. Your help is very much appreciated, and I'm so grateful that you're willing to help some SC noob. Thanks, guys :D
    Don’t take it personally, I didn’t mean offense. Hard love is how you get these things to tip-top condition. Don’t get discouraged by it, keep going until ready

I didn't take it personally, sorry if I seemed a little over-emotional :P I'll be making those edits along with some minor content changes shortly. I'm not rushing this, want to get it as good as possible prior to submission.
    Statsminister of Balder

Vulturret
    Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:36 pm

I've updated the original post with a new version! Credit to Fauxia for a lot of the suggestions! What do y'all think?
    Statsminister of Balder

Fauxia
    Senator

Postby Fauxia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:42 pm

I don’t like the sweeping generalizations about the SC resolutions. Specify the impact one made (could be as simple as “the condemnation of Lone Wolves United, alerting the Security Council to its malevolent presence” or something like that)

Tim-Opolis
    Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
    Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:52 pm

Again, hate decorum so posting in my own thread.

A stylistic tip for this and all of your other future resolutions would be to actually have clauses for your stuff. Putting it all into one bullet-pointed list makes it cluttered, really moves away from the established preferred Security Council Format, doesn't do a really good job conveying why each of those things actually matters, and frankly just looks lazy. No comment on the content for obvious reasons, but yeah. I'd recommend looking over some previously passed Commendations (or Condemnations, or Liberations) for some potential inspiration regarding stylistic choices and proposal format. Commend Flemingovia is one of my personal favorites in terms of style and format.

@ Jakker, I'll hit you up sometime this week so as not to derail this thread or have to post in it any more.
    Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
    Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
    <Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Vulturret
    Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:Again, hate decorum so posting in my own thread.

A stylistic tip for this and all of your other future resolutions would be to actually have clauses for your stuff. Putting it all into one bullet-pointed list makes it cluttered, really moves away from the established preferred Security Council Format, doesn't do a really good job conveying why each of those things actually matters, and frankly just looks lazy. No comment on the content for obvious reasons, but yeah. I'd recommend looking over some previously passed Commendations (or Condemnations, or Liberations) for some potential inspiration regarding stylistic choices and proposal format. Commend Flemingovia is one of my personal favorites in terms of style and format.

@ Jakker, I'll hit you up sometime this week so as not to derail this thread or have to post in it any more.

Thanks for the suggestion, would you be referring to potentially giving each mentioned achievement its own clause?
    Statsminister of Balder

Fauxia
    Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:39 am

You still have a use of “he”

Vulturret
    Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Fauxia wrote:You still have a use of “he”

Fixed.
    Statsminister of Balder

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads