NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED] Commend Helaw

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Nueva Rico
Secretary

Founded: Feb 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

[ABANDONED] Commend Helaw

Postby Nueva Rico » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:28 pm

The Security Council,

Believing that Helaw has shown irreproachable diligence in acting as a paragon for new and old nations alike;

Applauding Helaw’s resolute registry of forty four World Assembly voting recommendations over the span of six months, during their tenure as Conch Kingdom’s WA Delegate.

Noting the nominee’s critical involvement with the indefinitely dissolved Augustin Alliance, and the toil associated with maintaining a stringent diplomatic presence among its five regions.

Highlighting Helaw’s conscientious commitment to consistently archiving numerous statistics of three AA regions, Conch Kingdom, Lands End, and Ridgefield, over the span of a year and a half - including population, posts on regional message board, influence, total and delegate endorsements.

Extolling the efforts took to which the nominee prominently assisted the Augustin Alliance’s victories in two nuclear events, popularized as “N-Day”.

Lauding Helaw’s effective contribution to bring to light the national issue of potential peril posed by petitions in 'Playful Petitions Pester Politicians’.

Acknowledging Helaw’s eloquence in drafting and passing both a General Assembly and Security Council resolution,
• GAR#402 “Repeal: ‘World Assembly Central Medicinal Database Compact’”
• SC#235 “Commend Candle Whisper Archive”

Wholeheartedly accepting the nominee as an astute figure for their exceptional contributions;

Hereby commends Helaw.
Last edited by Nueva Rico on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Naifon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 19, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naifon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Opposed. A good proposal, but I don’t believe the target nation is worthy of commendation.
Last edited by Naifon on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature currently in the works. Please stand by.

Abhichandra
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Abhichandra » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:39 pm

In the last clause, I would explain what World Assembly Central Medicinal Database Compact did and why it was good to repeal it.

Nueva Rico
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nueva Rico » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Naifon wrote:Opposed. A good proposal, but I don’t believe the target nation is worthy of commendation.

I disagree, obviously. Why do you feel that way? Helaw has been at the forefront of NationStates for quite awhile, is an Issues Editor, and has done a lot of good for the GI/WA communities, especially.
Abhichandra wrote:In the last clause, I would explain what World Assembly Central Medicinal Database Compact did and why it was good to repeal it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Should I expand on the commendation as well?
Last edited by Nueva Rico on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:50 pm

I like this a lot, but I think it could use some clever IC language to describe the events.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

Kentalia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentalia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 am

Well structured proposal. Nice one Q. All I would say is that I agree with Thatcher in saying that you should maybe add some IC context to some of your points. As we both know, Ridgefield has been around for a long time, and Helaw has been at the forefront of the region for a lot of that time, and a general part of AA leadership, so maybe you could add something about that in there. Once again Q, nice job.
Last edited by Kentalia on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:41 am

Yeah. For example when describing N day describe it as a nuclear annihilation or holocaust.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

Oakrugia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Oakrugia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:59 am

Though being a former resident [I was Manaime], I don't think this would work as hard as it looks. Helaw has only written a few proposals, giving to be only a recent time that he has done 'Commend Candlewhisper Archive'. What else is there for him to be so commend-worthy?
@Mad-Eye Jack, You have voted to lynch Hyungie Oak.
Hi, I'm Oak. I just returned to NationStates after being away for 5 years(?)
Bye.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:47 pm

Second clause uses "his," which is illegal. This is a commendation of the nation, not a player, or at least it's supposed to. The second clause seems to be blaming Helaw for AA's end, though. I'd rephrase.

Not sure if I support, in any case, but you'll have a good case if it's a bit stronger. Does Helaw want it?
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Nueva Rico
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nueva Rico » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:25 am

Fauxia wrote:Second clause uses "his," which is illegal. This is a commendation of the nation, not a player, or at least it's supposed to. The second clause seems to be blaming Helaw for AA's end, though. I'd rephrase.

Not sure if I support, in any case, but you'll have a good case if it's a bit stronger. Does Helaw want it?

Almost didn't catch this, thanks.

I am working on quite a few revisions and I appreciate the feedback. I feel that Helaw certainly deserves it and I think he appreciates that I feel that way, at the very least.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 am

Ask him about the issues he authored before he became an editor. Then you can explain how these issues benefited NS in the proposal.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council